• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

RGVNOE

They are like 9 or 10 games ahead of the Dbacks. It'd take a epic collapse dude.

It's starting to get there, they're not hitting lately, Matheny has been mismanaging quite a bit, plus pitching has been horrible outside of Kelly and tonight's start by Wacha, all those combined could lead to it. I love my Cards and will continue to cheer for them, but they really dont have a team to compete in the playoffs as they are now.

I will murder you if they don't.

m9XEHiC.gif

jakncoke

Banned
It's starting to get there, they're not hitting lately, Matheny has been mismanaging quite a bit, plus pitching has been horrible outside of Kelly and tonight's start by Wacha, all those combined could lead to it. I love my Cards and will continue to cheer for them, but they really dont have a team to compete in the playoffs as they are now.

Also Dbacks are down 5 in the 3rd in tonights game . So yeah..

eznark

Banned
I feel like the Pirates acquired Byrd specifically for this series. Brewer killer.

Oh well, I'm happy for Pirates fans. Once your team breaks .500 it's a whole new world of baseball, optimism, and deep, depressing disappointment unlike anything you have felt before.

They just had a stretch before this road trip where they won 12 of 16. That was last week. Now they've dropped 4 of 5 to the Pirates and Reds. 15 of their last 22 are at home, and they finish the season with 19 games against non-playoff, sub .500 scrubs. Too early to really start stressing about a collapse.

You're right about the playoffs though; they have zero chance of winning a series if they keep playing like this.

RGVNOE

Also Dbacks are down 5 in the 3rd in tonights game . So yeah..

I really hope they keep a spot and make it, but you know i see my team everyday and I'm just being real they've been horrible for a good while and our FO didn't care to make any upgrades to areas of clear need.

good luck to you guy's, and congrats on .500+ season

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I say this as someone who has watched at least 75% of the Twins games this season: The Houston Astros are fucking terrible.

RGVNOE

They just had a stretch before this road trip where they won 12 of 16. That was last week. Now they've dropped 4 of 5 to the Pirates and Reds. 15 of their last 22 are at home, and they finish the season with 19 games against non-playoff, sub .500 scrubs. Too early to really start stressing about a collapse.

You're right about the playoffs though; they have zero chance of winning a series if they keep playing like this.

dude Cards Struggle against sub .500 teams, and right now they struggle against the contenders, which is the teams they would have to face in playoffs, so like i said they dont have a team geared for a playoff run.

dude Cards Struggle against sub .500 teams, and right now they struggle against the contenders, which is the teams they would have to face in playoffs, so like i said they dont have a team geared for a playoff run.

What? They're 43-21 against sub .500 NL teams this season.

That includes 10-3 vs Brewers (6 games left) and they swept the Nats in Washington (Nationals are actually 2 over .500 right now and we'll see where they are the end of the month when they play 3 in STL).

The reason I said not to worry about a collapse is because they destroy weak teams. They just can't beat good teams consistently, which is why I agreed with you about the playoffs.

RGVNOE

What? They're 43-21 against sub .500 NL teams this season.

That includes 10-3 vs Brewers (6 games left) and they swept the Nats in Washington (Nationals are actually 2 over .500 right now and we'll see where they are the end of the month when they play 3 in STL).

The reason I said not to worry about a collapse is because they destroy weak teams. They just can't beat good teams consistently, which is why I agreed with you about the playoffs.

I didn't say they cant beat sub .500 teams I said they struggle against them yes they win, but it's never easy they're always close games with the exception of a few blowout here and there, and the blowouts have gone both ways

Chapman, when used in important situations and well-rested is unhittable.

Chapman, when used in 6 straight games because of save situations? Not so hot.

jakncoke

Banned
1 out till the 1st .500 season in 20 years omg history.

edit; history shal wait. fuck you scooter. fucking stupid hillbilly name

baby steps. its called baby steps. you have to reach .500 for the first time in 20 years before you reach winning season, playoff spot, hopefully division and then whatever we do in the playoffs(if we make)

There is no way the Pirates miss the playoffs. That's a Vastradamas *stamp sound* Prophecy!

I didn't say they cant beat sub .500 teams I said they struggle against them yes they win, but it's never easy they're always close games with the exception of a few blowout here and there, and the blowouts have gone both ways

So you're saying they win close games, with some blowouts that go both ways. That sounds suspiciously like a 162 game baseball season.

They're +22 against weak teams. They have 19 games left against weak teams. I guess I just don't see the sky falling quite yet.

ETA: Grats, Pirates. Kinda glad you didn't get 81 against the Cards..

RGVNOE

So you're saying they win close games, with some blowouts that go both ways. That sounds suspiciously like a 162 game baseball season.

They're +22 against weak teams. They have 19 games left against weak teams. I guess I just don't see the sky falling quite yet.

yes that's how baseball goes, but I don't just look at W & L record I see how they play and most of those games are just hard to watch mainly because of our Manager and his Inexperience. In any case it would mater because they cant beat the Reds, Pirates, LA, or ATL which are the teams they would be seeing in the playoffs, they dont have a team for the playoffs. And that +22 is from very early in the season they were 57 - 36 before the AS game, they are 22 - 23 since then. They're playing sub .500 baseball themselves, so lately they've lost more games against those team than you'd think.

Top Bottom