• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

Silkworm

Crawford, Puig, and Gonzalez. 1-2-3 inning over :-\ Bah. So much for thinking the top of the order might muster up something.

Votto doing absolutely nothing

ew, what a shit swing by Phillips

goddamn what a fucked at-bat for Bruce too. Swinging at ball 4 at his upper chest for the strikeout

a throw on line would have got him, that could have been a huge mistake not putting Hamilton in if he got thrown out (obviously)

eh, wasn't as close as I thought. Good stuff.

The only thing that can make up for losing to an inferior team in football? Beating a superior team in baseball.

ST9FDcO.gif

For NeoGAF.

Oh yeah! And a winning Season!!! WOW

can't be that much superior if you just swept them

reds also in a much tougher division

Eh, Reds got lucky this series.

The Cardinals series? That was an asswhooping, plain and simple. (after a season full of asswhoopings from STL)

This one? It was flat out luck. Also, quality relief pitching (and starting pitching, for that matter)

dmag1223

Eh, Reds got lucky this series.

The Cardinals series? That was an asswhooping, plain and simple. (after a season full of asswhoopings from STL)

This one? It was flat out luck. Also, quality relief pitching (and starting pitching, for that matter)

Not on knock on you vas, but I really don't think Reds fans appreciate how good of a pitching staff we have. We just shut down two really good offenses, and we've been doing it all year(Well, besides those St. Louis ass beatings). Don't think its luck at this point.

Not on knock on you vas, but I really don't think Reds fans appreciate how good of a pitching staff we have. We just shut down two really good offenses, and we've been doing it all year(Well, besides those St. Louis ass beatings). Don't think its luck at this point.

Well, I agree the reds should be able to beat any team. However, should they be able to sweep the best team? It takes a little luck to get that.

Reds played solid; no question about that. However, 1 run games can go either way.

Also, lol@ the commentators talking about Kershaw like he was trash tonight. He did great.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What a great game to go down to tonight. Great atmosphere at the park tonight.

RsK8Qp9.jpg

oh and one of Puig striking out just because...
zHXOVJM.jpg

This team is getting good guys.

It's funny how all that went down.

We dominate you guys for most of the season only to nearly get swept in the final series. Pittsburgh dominated us all season only to get swept in our final regular season meeting.

Who are the Reds playing next? Pirates could be in 3rd place really soon - they haven't been 3rd since when? May?

It's funny how all that went down.

We dominate you guys for most of the season only to nearly get swept in the final series. Pittsburgh dominated us all season only to get swept in our final regular season meeting.

Who are the Reds playing next? Pirates could be in 3rd place really soon - they haven't been 3rd since when? May?

Cubs. And you know what they say? A cubbie a day keeps the critics away.

ON THE OTHER HAND, you are right about shit being wacky right now. Maybe I should be worried?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ooooo Christian Bethancourt being called up.

(4 catchers on the braves roster! lol)

alstein

Ooooo Christian Bethancourt being called up.

(4 catchers on the braves roster! lol)

The question is who stays- My guess is Gattis starts next year, Laird backs up, and Bethancourt goes to AAA and a callup if someone goes down or if Gattis has to fill in LF.

McCann gets the QO and refuses it, but if he doesn't they work out a long-term deal.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The question is who stays- My guess is Gattis starts next year, Laird backs up, and Bethancourt goes to AAA and a callup if someone goes down or if Gattis has to fill in LF.

McCann gets the QO and refuses it, but if he doesn't they work out a long-term deal.

Fairly safe to say that I have no idea what I want to happen with the catching position next year. I could be talked in starting Bethancourt right away, but I'm pretty sure a couple months in AAA wouldn't hurt him.

Also, I don't see a realistic scenario where McCann accepts the QO.

Matt Kemp out for another week. Somebody shoot this guy up with HGH or something. Deer antler spray, anything.

really hope he can make the playoff roster

he sucked against minor pitching in his rehab but even still coming off the bench id have more faith than someone like hairston

Chuck

Still without luck
Nice try Grampa Arod, but leave those plays to the youngins.

edit: Adam Jones has to lead the league in 0-2 counts.

Top Bottom