• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

This is too good to be true right now.

xmQQ7IQ.gif

Is Washington going to get canned if the Rangers don't make the wildcard game?

I think Wash will get canned if Jon Daniels has his way to deflect some blame. There was a ton of skepticism during the off season when he let Napoli leave and didn't even give him a qualifying offer. He's a high strikeout hitter but he can do some damage. I believe Napoli even said he would stay in Texas.

Then they went and signed Lance Berkman who was about to retire after coming off from knee surgery with the Cards. Napoli would have been a far better DH/ rotating 1B with Moreland than Berkman as a DH obviously.

Letting Josh Hamilton go is an argument that can go either way. What should have maybe happened with Cruz is Daniels should have told him to appeal it, and if Cruz does and depending on his performance he would be offered a good contract. I don't know if that's even legal though.

To be honest though I don't even know much of a say Jon Daniels has in acquiring players anymore since he was promoted during the offseason.

Dammit Indians, wild card spot up for grabs and you choke.

Anyway, with Rays and Rangers playing each other, we're sitting pretty even with losing 2 of 3.

cashman

Banned
I think Wash will get canned if Jon Daniels has his way to deflect some blame. There was a ton of skepticism during the off season when he let Napoli leave and didn't even give him a qualifying offer. He's a high strikeout hitter but he can do some damage. I believe Napoli even said he would stay in Texas.

Then they went and signed Lance Berkman who was about to retire after coming off from knee surgery with the Cards. Napoli would have been a far better DH/ rotating 1B with Moreland than Berkman as a DH obviously.

Letting Josh Hamilton go is an argument that can go either way. What should have maybe happened with Cruz is Daniels should have told him to appeal it, and if Cruz does and depending on his performance he would be offered a good contract. I don't know if that's even legal though.

To be honest though I don't even know much of a say Jon Daniels has in acquiring players anymore since he was promoted during the offseason.
lol at thinking that JD got power taken away from him. He has more influence than ever now.

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 16, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   59   ---   --
Rays          82   67   9.0   4
Orioles       79   70   12.0  1

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        87   63   ---   --
Indians       81   69   6.0   7
Royals        79   71   8.0   5

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     88   62   ---   --
Rangers       81   68   6.5   7

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rays          82   67  +1.0   --
Rangers       81   68   ---   --
Indians       81   69   0.5   13
Orioles       79   70   2.0   12
Royals        79   71   2.5   11
Yankees       79   71   2.5   11

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   59   ---   --
Athletics     88   62   3.5   9
Tigers        87   63   4.5   8   

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        89   60   ---   --
Nationals     79   70   10.0  4

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     87   63   ---   --
Pirates       87   63   ---   --
Reds          85   66   2.5   10

NL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Dodgers       86   64   ---   --
Diamondbacks  76   73   9.5   4

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     87   63  +2.5   --			  
Pirates       87   63  +2.5   --
Reds          85   66   ---   --
Nationals     79   70   5.0   8
Diamondbacks  76   73   8.0   5

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        89   60   ---   --
Cardinals     87   63   2.5   10
Pirates       87   63   2.5   10
Dodgers       86   64   3.5   9

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9...y-loria-making-baseball-decisions-report-says

As another dismal season winds down for the Miami Marlins, owner Jeffrey Loria has taken over as the decision maker for the majority -- and perhaps all -- of the team's baseball matters, according to the Miami Herald.

That would seem to put the futures of president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest and team president David Samson in jeopardy for next season.

"He has marginalized the front office," a source told the newspaper. "The front office isn't making decisions. Loria makes them all."

Among the examples given in the report, the Marlins brass tried to send scuffling catcher Rob Brantly to the minors in May. But Loria disagreed and Brantly remained in the majors until August, when he was finally demoted.

Also, the front office wanted to call up utility infielder Chris Valaika last month, only to have Loria deny the promotion. The infielder was one of several players who accused former hitting coach Tino Martinez of verbal and physical assault. Martinez was a personal hire by Loria.

"The team is run in this sort of backwards way," a source was quoted in the report.

Loria pls sell ;_;

Runus

Only be kind of half paying attention to the Braves game, but I wish the Nats would put Clippard on the mound every time we play them.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
OOOOoooo if the braves win I might get to see the braves clinch in person. Then again...Freddy Garcia.

Top Bottom