• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT3| - Umpires Still Suck

There wouldn't be a 163, they would get Division Title based on the season series
Under the old rules, yes. But since the difference between a WC berth and a division title is so large now that we have the WC elimination game, division ties are broken with an extra game. Pittsburgh would get HFA since they won the season series.

He probably hasn't pitched in a while considering the losing streak?

I'm already dreading a potential game 163 at PNC park where Alvarez and co. rips our pitching to pieces.

Your right, I just checked and he hasn't pitched since Sep.8th. Just makes me worry if they're in an actual save situation tomorrow or Thurs.

villarslide.gif

RGVNOE

Under the old rules, yes. But since the difference between a WC berth and a division title is so large now that we have the WC elimination game, division ties are broken with an extra game. Pittsburgh would get HFA since they won the season series.

They don't do that anymore. All tiebreakers are now decided by an actual game, even if both teams are guaranteed playoff spots. This started last year.

hadn't payed much attention to that change, I don't doubt you guys are right, I'll still check it out later

One of the biggest wins of the season for the Tribe!

They NEEDED to win at least once in KC. That team gives us fits. To see them come back like that against a hungry team is an excellent sign.

Ya know, I should be upset the Rangers won, as the Indians are still out of a wild card spot at the moment, but i'm actually happy.

Even if the Indians lose the rubber game to the Royals we're still only a half game out. With games against the Astros, White Sox and Twins right around the corner. ;)

nice look at a potential playoff roster tonight

well.. except for stache

hanley gonzo kemp could be deadly

just 1 more

fife dawg tomorrow

puig looked pretty down in the dumps today.. not good body language.. maybe could use some rest

Silkworm

So Stephen Fife tomorrow, eh. If he pitches well in this start will he move past Nolasco or is he still low on starting pitching depth chart due to lack of starts?

Code:
MLB standings at the end of play on September 17, 2013

AL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   60   ---   --
Rays          82   68   9.0   3
Orioles       80   70   11.0  1

AL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Tigers        88   63   ---   --
Indians       82   69   6.0   6
Royals        79   72   9.0   3

AL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Athletics     89   62   ---   --
Rangers       82   68   6.5   6

AL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#
Rangers       82   68   ---   --
Rays          82   68   ---   --
Indians       82   69   0.5   12
Orioles       80   70   2.0   11
Royals        79   72   3.5   9
Yankees       79   72   3.5   9

AL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Red Sox       92   60   ---   --
Athletics     89   62   2.5   9
Tigers        88   63   3.5   8   

NL EAST
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        89   62   ---   --
Nationals     81   70   8.0   4

NL CENTRAL
              W    L    GB    E#
Cardinals     88   63   ---   --
Pirates       87   64   1.0   11
Reds          86   66   2.5   9

NL WEST
              W    L    GB    E#
Dodgers       87   64   ---   --
Diamondbacks  76   74   10.5  2

NL WILD CARD
              W    L    GB    E#			  
Pirates       87   64  +1.5   --
Reds          86   66   ---   --
Nationals     81   70   4.5   7
Diamondbacks  76   74   9.0   3

NL HOME-FIELD ADVANTAGE
              W    L    GB    E#
Braves        89   62   ---   --
Cardinals     88   63   1.0   10
Dodgers       87   64   2.0   9

Ya know, I should be upset the Rangers won, as the Indians are still out of a wild card spot at the moment, but i'm actually happy.

Even if the Indians lose the rubber game to the Royals we're still only a half game out. With games against the Astros, White Sox and Twins right around the corner. ;)

Supposing we do get one of the Wild Cards...who starts the one-game playoff (assuming there are multiple options)? As insane as it sounds to me (considering his struggles until recently) I wonder if Tito would try to set it up for...Ubaldo?

Askani

"@ESPNStatsInfo Yordano Ventura hit 101.9 mph in his MLB debut tonight, fastest pitch thrown by any starter in last 5 seasons."

Too bad he got Yost'd. Even if we did make the playoffs, Ned has shown he clearly has no idea what he's doing and would cost us during the post season anyway with mismanagement. The worst part is that this run probably saved his job and we'll see him next year. Sadly, with Dayton Moore running the show, Ned's job was probably never in question anyway.

ToxicAdam

I thought they pulled the guy at the right time. The Indians were on their third time through the lineup and were starting to time up his fastball. You want to build the confidence of those young guys and at that point he had a remarkable night.

Top Bottom