• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Oddly enough this has probably one of the better, if not best, original score tracks to it I've yet seen this season---neat!

Rest of the show is looking promising as well.

Oddly enough this has probably one of the better, if not best, original score tracks to it I've yet seen this season---neat!

Not that odd; the composer is Kenji Kawai (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor), who has been doing excellent soundtrack work lately on anime such as Perfect Insider and Joker Game. I look forward to hearing the rest of his work on Mob Psycho.

Well, moreso I mean I went into this with no expectations as to the staff and whatnot and was pleasantly surprised when I started checking backwards on it, heh!

Very different style than the rest of the season it seems---which I suppose fits right in with the plot and whatnot.

FluxWaveZ

Opening song is great, as expected. The OP theme releases next month, so looking forward to hearing the full version of it.

I'm interested in where the story will go. It's not the most compelling thing thus far, but I'm sure it'll pick up, since this was very much an exposition and introductory episode.

I actually think the OP song isn't all that great. To go from the hilarious metal One Punch Man to this more poppy rock song leaves me disappointed. More Anime should have hilarious hard rock/metal OPs

janoDX

MOB 100 Ep 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

What a start. I love the characters, the animation, the soundtrack, and the freaking OP...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20...

Here's the OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgSUPgvDu78

Enjoy

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually think the OP song isn't all that great. To go from the hilarious metal One Punch Man to this more poppy rock song leaves me disappointed. More Anime should have hilarious hard rock/metal OPs
There are parts of the Mob Pyscho 100 opening that tread more into punk that shapes a harder and more unique edge than the over the top and very commercial showmanship of something like OPM's opening. MP100's opening song feels like the perfect fit for me.

If this is the Savior of anime anime is fucked. They ran the teacher/student gimmick right into the ground in 1 episode.

At least it's pretty.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I flat out didn't like this at all.....Mob is cool...OP song is cool...everything else about this show should be changed but its only ep 1 maybe it will.

RK128

Watched the promo-clip they showed on Facebook (Crunchyroll)......after signing up for a free trail of Crunchyroll, I watched Mob Psycho 100's first episode and man, I was was very impressed.

The characters all have room for development and growth, the animation is fantastic and the effects for all the psychic abilities are a treat to watch. Very interested in seeing where Mob and his 'teacher' are going to end up character wise as the show goes on, but overall, I loved what I watched.

What a great first Ep. OP is almost as good as Diamond is Unbreakable's OP 2, and the characters are pretty fun. Worried that the Sensei / Student thing is gonna get old fast, but hopefully Mob gets his time to shine amongst peers that aren't using him to make a buck.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Even though I thought it was amazing, I'm kind of surprised by the number of people who don't care for it. I guess the comedy style is pretty on or off.

Geist-

Looks like ONE has another hit anime. The OP was amazing, and I'm a really big fan of this unique artstyle. I'm surprised how well it translated from the "poorly-drawn" manga.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, this shit just looks great. I love the style and direction. It has one of the cooler OPs I've seen in awhile too.

Omnicent

i forgot how long it really took me to warm up to the mange but hopefully the excellent production will tide the anime over till we get to the good stuff, off to a very hopeful start at least

I'll watch the first episode when I get home today.

I'm waiting for the
Psychic/Esper Battle at school.
That will be 100% hype.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WTF did i just watch? and HOLY SHIT i loved every minute of it.

Qvoth

finally watched the episode
interesting color choices for the special effects, makes everything looks much more lively
i like the ed more than the op

Yonafunu

It'll be interesting to see what the reaction to the next episodes is going to be. There's going to be a lot less action here than in OPM. They very intentionally wanted action in this first episode by using omake materal in the latter half, so I wonder if they're going to add more action setpieces throughout the series early on.

edit: forgot that the later stuff was omake material

Moaradin

mp100_1f2jg2.jpg
mp100_246jjd.jpg

mp100_3k9jol.jpg
mp100_4iqjti.jpg

Wow that was fantastic! It's crazy how faithful it looks to the original ONE art yet still manages to look much more refined and expressive through the animation. They took a lot of liberties with the story and pacing that I appreciate as well. Fitting the Omake chapter in was great and I hope they do that for the future Omake chapters, because there are some pretty hilarious ones.

Bones did a fine job here and if they can maintain this level of quality, this will easily be one of the best shows of the year. Reigen is da best.

I see people wondering why the name of the show is kinda goofy and you'll be shocked to learn that its a pun.

Mob is "Mobu" which is like the equivalent to John Doe in English. Plain, everyman, not standout.

Psycho sounds like "Saikyou" which translates to #1, the greatest, the best etc

Qvoth

Mob is "Mobu" which is like the equivalent to John Doe in English. Plain, everyman, not standout.

interesting

i like what they did with the final monster ghost from the episode, that part wasn't in the omake chapter, i guess they just wanna show how strong mob is
not sure what's the point of the beginning scene though

I see people wondering why the name of the show is kinda goofy and you'll be shocked to learn that its a pun.

I can't appreciate Japanese puns without a polar bear making them.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Best OP this season animation wise. I like the song too. Art direction and animation is great. Humor could be hit or miss, but it mostly a hit for me. BASED REIGEN.

msv

Yaaas, really good! They really kept true to ONE's style, translated reaaallly well. I like the added psychedelic colors and effects as well. Animation, movement is great. The intro was a bit too.... intense, or busy to my liking, but it feels like one of those songs that will click after a few times. Overall: awesome.

Seen the first episode, solid stuff, VA that fits Reigen and Mob and animation that just works so well with One's art style. If they keep it this good throughout the season, things are gonna be so hype with what they seem to be covering, based on the OP. The broccoli!

faridmon

Hmm, watched the first episode, and I am intrigued but rather disappointing. I guess I am not fully embracing the story-line. Too cliched for my liking.

Looking forward to where the story goes next though. It has potential.

Took a couple episodes for OPM to work for me actually. Had some decent world building that made it interesting beyond its gimmick. So I wouldn't be surprised if MS100 takes a bit too.

faridmon

Took a couple episodes for OPM to work for me actually. Had some decent world building that made it interesting beyond its gimmick. So I wouldn't be surprised if MS100 takes a bit too.

Personally, i got hooked on OPM from the start, becaue I could see how much they flipped a well known premise to their ownversion. Can't see it yet with Mob100

Top Bottom