• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

Qvoth

watched episode 2
very impressed with the ED, really really like it
AU7Amsc.gif

Quonny

Watched the first episode.

While it didn't quite grab me, I'll definitely stick it out as the premise is interesting and it seems like this has a bit of a different tone than what I normally watch.

I just hope he doesn't go off to some psychic school. I love my shonen, but this could be a good left turn from that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Mob Psycho 2
Holy shit that ending animation. TOO FUCKING GOOD
Love this episode. We're getting to know Mob more. He's an esper but he can't really see his power as "great" thing, instead he decide to join body improvement club because that's what Nozomi think is cool. Mob has low self esteem problem, i guess that explain why he's okay being under Reigen. Reigen might be a fraud, but at least he acknowledge Mob power and his work allow him to feel useful.

dickroach

I wish the OP title would be "from the creator of One Punch Man" or something, this show deserves way more love

yeah I probably wouldn't have started watching if not for the top of crunchyroll saying "From the creator of One Punch Man comes the summer's most anticipated anime: MOB PSYCHO 100!" for the past week or so.

I still can't decide on this show's aesthetic. To me, at times it looks as visually captivating as Ping Pong or even Princess Kaguya. But...at other times it looks like Thermae Romae...or some not so good deviant art stuff.

Still pumped to watch the rest of the season though.

Tuck

Tbh, I prefer One Punch Man's more standard art style. I know many people on GAF have derided OPM for that, but the art style here reminds me of Ping Pong, and thats not a good thing.

Show is good. Hasn't gripped me as One Punch did, but its good. Great animation so far. Will definitely keep watching.

I still can't decide on this show's aesthetic. To me, at times it looks as visually captivating as Ping Pong or even Princess Kaguya. But...at other times it looks like Thermae Romae...or some not so good deviant art stuff.

Just out of curiosity, could you provide visual examples of what parts of Mob Psycho look like not so good deviant art stuff to you?

Just out of curiosity, could you provide visual examples of what parts of Mob Psycho look like not so good deviant art stuff to you?

Sorry, I'm on mobile, but I feel like in the calmer scenes where the spectacle isn't dialed up, you can notice the crudeness of the finer details a bit too much. Things generally looking scribbely and mis-shapen. (Like hands, the mentor's suit, objects in the background, etc.) I get that this is probably intentional and the point of the look it's going for. I usually love deconstructed visuals. Maybe this has to grow on me.

And then there's the shading. I'm not too familiar with digital art, but the show has this particular look with shadows and shading that reminds me of cheaper online animations and some stuff on DA.

I should reiterate that I thought the first episode was great and super hyped to watch episode 2. I also love the way it looks when shits going down and it goes batshit crazy with its style and flare. (Also love the fucked up faces. The girlfriend-client's mug in the first episode was hilarious and mesmerizing.)

It's such an odd scenario cause it has a look that simultaneously feels unappealing to me, yet also beautiful.

Sorry, I'm on mobile, but I feel like in the calmer scenes where the spectacle isn't dialed up, you can notice the crudeness of the finer details a bit too much. Things generally looking scribbely and mis-shapen. (Like hands, the mentor's suit, objects in the background, etc.) I get that this is probably intentional and the point of the look it's going for. I usually love deconstructed visuals. Maybe this has to grow on me.

And then there's the shading. I'm not too familiar with digital art, but the show has this particular look with shadows and shading that reminds me of cheaper online animations and some stuff on DA.

I should reiterate that I thought the first episode was great and super hyped to watch episode 2. I also love the way it looks when shits going down and it goes batshit crazy with its style and flare. (Also love the fucked up faces. The girlfriend-client's mug in the first episode was hilarious and mesmerizing.)

It's such an odd scenario cause it has a look that simultaneously feels unappealing to me, yet also beautiful.

Oh, you've still only seen the first episode. Watch the next two episodes and report back.

DigtialT

Aw, really disappointing there was no freeze frame when Mob exploded saying 100% Rage, that is iconic with Mob's explosions

Primus

Working up to 100%, on the edge of my seat waiting for the explosion and what awesomeness it would entail. Then it happens and it's even better than I hoped.

100% Mob is scary as HELL. Good stuff.

I was hoping for Mob's first explosion to be as abstract as whatever the fuck was happening at the beginning of episode 1, but fuck it, what a great episode all the same. Nice to have a whole episode devoted to a single threat. Creepy-ass Happy Happyism motherfuckers.

Mob Psycho 104 Dalmatians

I saw the joke coming of the guy in the staring contest laughing immediately after all the bragging coming a mile away but I still had a sensible chuckle.

I loved badass pissed off Mob, with his hair and eyes like that he looked like the bad guy of a regular shonen action. I hope his explosions come often enough because unfortunately his zero charisma isn't enough to drive a whole show by itself. Plus seeing the constant child bullying by that girl, this is gonna be one of those shows I hope she never shows up in present day what a giant douche.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ugliest Manga Ever gets a pretty good anime adaption.

Im still impressed with how they managed to pull this off considering the source material is chicken scratch lol

One thing for sure is that this show is worth watching for the OP alone

Moaradin

I feel like people underestimate ONE. He can draw some pretty nice art when he wants to. Mob Psycho 100 looks a lot better than his One Punch Man artwork.

I feel like people underestimate ONE. He can draw some pretty nice art when he wants to. Mob Psycho 100 looks a lot better than his One Punch Man artwork.

Yeah, although I know they're being selective, most of the selections I've seen people post of the Mob Psycho 100 manga are pretty successful art. It's still got a roughness to it, but it's a roughness that's been harnessed for emotional expression.

Raxus

Heck even in OPM he has an occasional panel that is beautiful.

Frankly I love the style. Particularly when we reach 100% emotions like this. There has to be a community gif floating around we can incorporate 100% into.
lmao, it seems like he spent an hour on the food and then went "fuck this" and did all the rest in 2 minutes.
At least it was fixed in the volumes. I really feel for Togashi. Can draw some pretty manga (see the recent run where he had help) but his constant health problems constantly have him unable to move.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Reigen actually looks not very different.

PreFire

Idc about the art, this shit is hilarious! Lmao

Love the Saitama Easter eggs. Hope it's the same universe and he makes a quick team up cameo lol

Breads

Banned
Ugliest Manga Ever gets a pretty good anime adaption.

Im still impressed with how they managed to pull this off considering the source material is chicken scratch lol

One thing for sure is that this show is worth watching for the OP alone

Original One Punch Man looked way worse than original Mob Psycho 100.

After watching the new episode, I'll say that the more original line-work with weight this show uses compared to more traditional looking OPM, puts it on top as the better looking show of the two.

Moaradin

One Punch Man has some incredible highs when it comes to animation, but Mob Psycho is definitely more impressive as a whole so far.

Top Bottom