• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

NEO0MJ

So my friend watched this and while he enjoyed it he says he doesn't like Deli, calling him a wimp who cries too much. Why so mean ;-;

My Hero Academia - 21

Fun episode, but man did they blitz through so many fights. Vine girl was legit as I was complaining about the announcer last episode so it was nice to see a character do the same. I really don't get Aoyama's character or why he's in Class 1A in the first place, would rather have Vine girl, Tetsutetsu, or really any of the other 1B character to replace him. Hell I'd rather have Mei replace him, speaking of which Mei is best girl. And of course Tokoyami just winning the match right off the bat was enjoyable as well (still wonder why he has a bird head though).

Looking foward to Uraraka/Bakugou next episode and I hope its a long match too (atleast half the episode).
OMG AnathemicOne, you can't just ask someone why they have a bird head!

(but seriously tho it's just 'cause he does. Like how Tsuyu is part frog because her parents were part frog but less extensive.)

caliph95

My Hero Academia - 21

Fun episode, but man did they blitz through so many fights. Vine girl was legit as I was complaining about the announcer last episode so it was nice to see a character do the same. I really don't get Aoyama's character or why he's in Class 1A in the first place, would rather have Vine girl, Tetsutetsu, or really any of the other 1B character to replace him. Hell I'd rather have Mei replace him, speaking of which Mei is best girl. And of course Tokoyami just winning the match right off the bat was enjoyable as well (still wonder why he has a bird head though).

Looking foward to Uraraka/Bakugou next episode and I hope its a long match too (atleast half the episode).
Because one of his parents likely have a Bird head or feautures.
People in MHA just look weird from some of them because of their parents and will have nothing to do with their quirks

This is something I'm sure will not be addressed in the show but, I wonder if there is any resentment for the folks whose quirks also involve their bodies changing. Maybe it's been normalized in their world but I'd be pretty upset if I had a bird head, or weird wing arms that also grow mouths.

caliph95

This is something I'm sure will not be addressed in the show but, I wonder if there is any resentment for the folks whose quirks also involve their bodies changing. Maybe it's been normalized in their world but I'd be pretty upset if I had a bird head, or weird wing arms that also grow mouths.
Not if you are Tokoyami and an edgy kid
Also for shoji the parasyte kid not sure if it counts as spoiler but it's to do with how he looks
apparently besides his weird arms he has a terrifying looking face which is why he goes around in a mask

Not if you are Tokoyami and an edgy kid
Also for shoji the parasyte kid not sure if it counts as spoiler but it's to do with how he looks
apparently besides his weird arms he has a terrifying looking face which is why he goes around in a mask

Maybe Tokoyami is an edgy kid because he has a raven head. Maybe he had to become edgy to cope with his head and 2edgy4me quirk. Just to get ahead of the comments, I like tokoyami, I hope he gets more screen time.

My Hero Academia - 21

Aoyama is in Class A because he's hilarious/works with the dynamic, it's not just a switch out characters thing, like you can't just throw Tetsutetsu or any character in here and make it work, you'd have to make a new character from scratch it majorly change the story, that's not how things work.

Chase17

We are close

200.webp

caliph95

MHA Ep 21
Pretty much the episode people were waiting for and it was great.

So close yet so far
giphy.gif

Also the beginning of a beautiful friendships (and from Midnight reaction a lot of ships):
giphy.gif

Edit: i just noticed that dim when the two scenes are put together.

They adapted the Midoriya/Endavour scene perfectly, loved it, that's what I was mainly worried about.
That preview spoiled the next episode far too much, hope most anime-only watchers skip it.

caliph95

They adapted the Midoriya/Endavour scene perfectly, loved it, that's what I was mainly worried about.
That preview spoiled the next episode far too much, hope most anime-only watchers skip it.
Yeah i would avoid it
It also easy to gleam the outcome of the fight

NEO0MJ

Poor Uraraka, she just wants to help mom and dad. And why am I not surprised Aizawa felt he had to cut in when Bakugo was being booed.

Next episode seems like another exciting one. Not sure if Deku can even win it, since he only has a limited number of shots while Shoto can send waves of ice with ease. But maybe he'll force Todoroki to flame on?

Great episode. I'm enjoying this tournament format.

Though is there a more useless and repulsive character than Mineta? A walking bottom of the barrel trope.

Raxus

i love that every other student just immediately starts giving bakugo shit as soon as he gets back to the arena

The best thing about MHA is it takes it's Sasuke character and actually gives him shit for being such an asshole instead of worshiping him.
Bakugo also undergoes character development past Sasuke but I don't want to drag this into a Naruto Vs. MHA.

Episode delivered as much as I'd hoped. The fight and the phone call were big highlights for me and the next chapters were all top tier stuff. Speaking of which, as everyone said, avoid the preview because it is great to go into the next fight fresh. Things are about to crank up to 11.

Episode 22

Wow that was intense, one of the strongest fight in the manga and they just went and made it even more amazing. The whole thing is also one of the point were my repesct for both Ochako and Bakugo went up a lot. Ochako sturdy determination and Bakugo's full respect to take her seriously even with the typical *if she's a girl you should take it it easy on her* thinking, shows us how great characters they are. Loved the comment he made post-match about her being anything but a frail girl. And man these explosion beautiful and amazing looking, but damn if I did not feel bad for Ochako :( Also glimps at one of Bakugo's limitation.
But damn that after-match...was just damn too much, that phone with the honest and hardworking Ochako voice-cracking while talking to her father, it was just too damn much and here I went crying lots myself. That damn little hand-shacking too. Ochako's as super great parents, we barely seem them and they seem to be the kindest people on earth. Man I love these guys.

Love the Deku and Endeavor little clash. It really brings into the final stage the whole encounter.
And damn was that Deku and Todoroki intrance hot! Loved the wind blowing in their hair with the dramatic fire!
+1 for the amazing Kirishima and Testsu armwrestling...never was it this intense!
+1 for best mom

NEXT WEEK IS GOING TO BE PLUS ULTRA PEOPLE!

Ascheroth

Bakugou actually calling somebody their actual name. He must of been shook.
Yeah, this entire battle is such a great take on the boy vs. girl bias and I got mad respect for Bakugo for how he handled it.
Holding back against an extremely determined opponent and still winning is the biggest humiliation there is.

Jintor

baku wasn't holding back, that was the point

he actually fucked up his arm with his megatonne blast, something i think they emphasised more in the anime than in the manga (there is a panel but I didn't understand it until I reread just then)

caliph95

Yeah, this entire battle is such a great take on the boy vs. girl bias and I got mad respect for Bakugo for how he handled it.
Holding back against an extremely determined opponent and still winning is the biggest humiliation there is.
Better to put them in a hospital to keep their pride intact

Serous though that is one of the nicer things he has done in a weird way
baku wasn't holding back, that was the point

he actually fucked up his arm with his megatonne blast, something i think they emphasised more in the anime than in the manga (there is a panel but I didn't understand it until I reread just then)
I think he was saying that he wasn't holding as he wasn't going to humiliate her and be disrespectful

and i didn't notice and i can see it

caliph95

For a weakness from character profiles but will tag it just in case
Because of his sweat he is also screwed when dealing cooler temperature since he can't sweat enough,
Actual spoilers
though Todoroki wasn't in the right mind to exploit that weakness

caliph95

Which is funny considering the Tokoyomi and Momo fight where he curbstomped while holding back since he didn't take her seriously enough as Bakugo would since he would just probably blast her off the stage

not saying Nightwing has any malicious intent he means well and i doubt going all out would have made it better.

Which is funny considering the Tokoyomi and Momo fight where he curbstomped while holding back since he didn't take her seriously enough as Bakugo would since he would just probably blast her off the stage

not saying Nightwing has any malicious intent he means well and i doubt going all out would have made it better.
Knowing Tokoyami he probably knew at first glance that Yao wasn't even prepared mentally and her lack of self-confidence was showing.

Ochako on the other hand was more then determined and was dangerous if Bakugo did not take her seriously.

Chase17

Episode delivered! Next one (or two?) should be even better.

Good to see Uraraka win Bakugo's respect. Kirirshima/Tetsutetsu was funny.

Have we heard the song that's at the end of the preview before? Since it's got me hyped already lol.

NSESN

Once again great music this episode, specially when Ochako was talking with her dad.

Knowing Tokoyami he probably knew at first glance that Yao wasn't even prepared mentally and her lack of self-confidence was showing.

Ochako on the other hand was more then determined and was dangerous if Bakugo did not take her seriously.

I think Tokoyami acted right. Momo was clearly tilted before the match, if he went all out against someone that isn't prepared he could hurt her more than necessary, and you don't want to do this against a friend. Ochako was prepared however, Bakugou was defensive to not fall on her plan, and fell either way but recovered. Once Ochako plan was over he was prepared to go offensive but she passed out.
If Bakugou was against Momo he would go offensive right from the beginning.

These fights have been hype. Oddly enough deku vs todoroki is the outcome I was least excited for. Haven't really enjoyed deku as a fighter much yet. I'm sure that changes but I enjoy seeing everyone else do their thing

NSESN

These fights have been hype. Oddly enough deku vs todoroki is the outcome I was least excited for. Haven't really enjoyed deku as a fighter much yet. I'm sure that changes but I enjoy seeing everyone else do their thing

While I agree Deku style doesn't bring that much hype, I love Todoroki quirk, so I can't wait to see the next fight animated.

Top Bottom