• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Yup, might not being saying much, but for me this episode/chapter made her permanently better than say, Sakura from Naruto.

im not big on Naruto anymore but i do recall her being pretty stupid strong later on.
I liked the girl with psychic powers in One Punch Man being at the top of their group (outside of saitama of course). At least until someone spoils that for me.

LotusHD

Banned
That's a low bar she was already better

Yea, but who can pass up on a chance to shit on Sakura :p

Or Robin from One Piece.
/s?

Robin will get her due again one of these days.

Sakura had potential but that beautiful sharingans doe

*swoons

im not big on Naruto anymore but i do recall her being pretty stupid strong later on.
I liked the girl with psychic powers in One Punch Man being at the top of their group (outside of saitama of course). At least until someone spoils that for me.

I wasn't talking really about strength. Just more that this chapter/episode helped solidify her as a character I like.

Ahhh man, Sakura, don't get me started. Kishimoto screwed her over but gooooood.

Ignoring all of the terrible stuff up until the final arc, she got a last minute powerup (and I do mean last-minute) that was supposed to bring her on par with the boys, but then they immediately ascended to godhood or some shit and she went back to being a wallflower for the rest of the fight. And then there's the Boruto stuff.

vomits uncontrollably

But yeah no, not so much. For a character without much of a combat power, Uraraka's done super well so far. She was key in the win vs. Iida and Bakugou in the training exercise too.

Yea, but who can pass up on a chance to shit on Sakura :p

Not Kishimoto, that's for sure!

caliph95

Ahhh man, Sakura, don't get me started. Kishimoto screwed her over but gooooood.

Ignoring all of the terrible stuff up until the final arc, she got a last minute powerup (and I do mean last-minute) that was supposed to bring her on par with the boys, but then they immediately ascended to godhood or some shit and she went back to being a wallflower for the rest of the fight. And then there's the Boruto stuff.

[!
You would think training with one of the saninn and Hokage would mean anything but nope
Don't do it man.
Too late lol

NSESN

Bakugou isn't evil, he has serious problem and needs help. But I think only Aizawa sees that. Btw Aizawa is like voice the reason in MHA.

I wonder how much in advance BONES delivered the material to FUNimation. I remember them saying Present Mic was supposed to have a different VA like a month ago? and today's episode still has the same old voice. Unless he changed and is just super similar.

So I guess the production schedule is just super super good?

But yeah no, not so much. For a character without much of a combat power, Uraraka's done super well so far. She was key in the win vs. Iida and Bakugou in the training exercise too.

do any of them? even the super healer is female
legit question, i haven't read the manga

Bakugou is the best character in that series. This slander will cease.

I just hate that I can easily imagine younger fans thinking its cool to be a complete twat to everyone, constantly.

Bakugou isn't evil, he has serious problem and needs help. But I think only Aizawa sees that. Btw Aizawa is like voice the reason in MHA.

I think that it's kind of both. He's got issues out the wazoo, but that doesn't really excuse his behavior, just explain it. The fact that he's actually being made to wrestle with them is a mark in favor of the character and the writing, but as of yet it's still basically fair to call him an asshole.

Hmm, lesse... Mount Lady is the obvious pick (giant woman, hits hard, all that goodness.) Yaoyorozu has huge potential, though at the moment her indecisiveness and inexperience is getting in the way. Ashido and Jirou can hold their own, but are pretty self-evidently not on Bakugou or Todoroki's level. There's also a slew more you'll meet later on, but that's kinda spoilery.

Raxus

I just hate that I can easily imagine younger fans thinking its cool to be a complete twat to everyone, constantly.

Without going to spoilers there are several combat strong female characters and the most recent arc seems to be shaping up to have two female characters to have a big fight.

Mount Lady definitely has strong combat power as seen in the first episode.

Jintor

Mt Lady does alright, Miss Midnight's power isn't strictly speaking combat orientated but she makes it work.

The other thing of course as deku makes it clear is that it's not necessarily what the power is so much as it is how you use it. Mineta's power for instance is stupidly good except that he is not nearly as creative with it as you might expect.

Are you asking if any female has a good combat power?

Cuz ton of them have.

seems like the two main powerhouse inspirations for the students are All Might and Endevor? the villains too seemed to be similar at least from what I recall. I guess ill just find out later.

Without going to spoilers there are several combat strong female characters and the most recent arc seems to be shaping up to have two female characters to have a big fight.

Mount Lady definitely has strong combat power as seen in the first episode.

so they're fighting each other? like magnets
I dont care that much its just amusing to see it play out like that

LotusHD

Banned
do any of them?

Short answer is yes.

I mean, in our class we have one that can create stuff, and another with earlobes that can shatter rock.

Class-wise, yea, I suppose it's not as strictly cool as say superstrength and such, but they're effective combat-wise.

seems like the two main powerhouse inspirations for the students are All Might and Endevor? the villains too seemed to be similar at least from what I recall. I guess ill just find out later.

In a recent chapter there's a pro female hero who
CAN TURN INTO A MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON

I mean you have Mt.Lady with her giant quirk

Yaoyorozu with her creation quirk
Mina ashido has acid
Jirou controls sounds wave
Tsuyu would be the most power focus.

Sound pretty strong.

Jintor

tsuyu is surprisingly good considering her powerset actually

i don't know of proportional strength of frog is the same as her probable inspiration, proportional sense of spider

caliph95

Like, if Yaoyorozu had gone with a floodlight instead of a shield, she'd have won that fight. Girl's going to be massively OP down the line.
I don't think people knew of that weakness to be fair plus Nightwing didn't give her time to think

i don't know of proportional strength of frog is the same as her probable inspiration, proportional sense of spider
She can jump good maybe she has strong legs and carry people with her tongue

Also MHA universe is generally one where unless your quirk is really, really special right out the gate, most powers aren't super straightforward or automatically op. And even then, those don't necessarily beat the ones that require more technique and creative thinking to use.

Tsuyu's getting by more on the fact that frogs are weird so she's got a ton of stuff going on, from the tongue to the climbing to the leaping etc. She's just super versatile, rather than particularly strong.

NSESN

Momo's quirk should be the best for rescue in the class, I think only Sero's and Tsuyu's come close. The fact that her power is also good for combat is a plus.

I don't think people knew of that weakness to be fair plus Nightwing didn't give her time to think

Yeah, that's what I was getting at in an earlier post. If she gets the experience and attitude needed to make the most of it, her quirk could be a serious powerhouse. I'd call it on par with Bakugou's, easy. MAYBE still beaten out by Todoroki but that's just because he has SO much juice right out of the gate.

Meffer

Like, if Yaoyorozu had gone with a floodlight instead of a shield, she'd have won that fight. Girl's going to be massively OP down the line.

She didn't know light affect Shadow's strength tho so she wouldn't have known. And the time to assemble one would take too long.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at in an earlier post. If she gets the experience and attitude needed to make the most of it, her quirk could be a serious powerhouse. I'd call it on par with Bakugou's, easy. MAYBE still beaten out by Todoroki but that's just because he has SO much juice right out of the gate.

I mean she created canons and destroyed 3 0P mechs. I mean damn.

caliph95

Kaminari, while he does have one of my favorite quirks, is just an idiot. If he had like Static level of usage of his powers, he'd be pretty OP.
I mean he can't without going stupid and he short circuit himself
She didn't know light affect Shadow's strength tho so she wouldn't have known. And the time to assemble one would take too long.
Yeah She could barely manage a shield
She would still have the time issue and is screwed to anything sudden and unexpected in a fight, still versatile

Bakugo's quirk is still pretty amazing as it's one of the few with super high output attacks right out of the gate, and it's pretty versatile since it can be used for mobility and even defense to an extent(By blowing enemies away like in this episode)

Ezalc

I mean he can't without going stupid and he short circuit himself

His biggest problem, aside from being an idiot, is his low resistance to his own quirk. Which is kind of odd if you think about it.

I think he could become a great hero, like Static, but he just needs to train his stamina and control.

Momo's biggest flaw in her fight against Tokoyami is staying still, she had to start moving.

Top Bottom