• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

jett

D-Member
explosion kid might be the most obnoxious character in a shounen anime in a long time
like hes legitimately making it a chore to watch at times

He's a really boring, single-minded character. The only thing he does is be angry at everything. Don't tell me, he ends up becoming a supervillain instead of a superhero? :p

Who can't use his powers I'd be absolutely more surprised if he actually wins.

Like seriously at some point I hope he can use one for all consistently like even 20% of his power or something

He'll suffer for 90% of the match and win by the skin of his teeth.

PixelatedBookake

He's a really boring, single-minded character. The only thing he does is be angry at everything. Don't tell me, he ends up becoming a supervillain instead of a superhero? :p

I feel like Deku's gonna win because Ice Zuko is gonna use his fire side in desperation and then forfeit.

Nah he's Losing this. I've seen a many shonen in my day. Deku will probably give him the same style talk he just gave endeavor except longer he's not all might and he'll tell todoroki he doesn't have to be his father, deku will use all his fingers, todoroki will maybe use fire wins

Todoroki vs Bakugo in the finals my boy todoroki wins cause if bakugo wins...ugh

I look forward to being wrong Xp

caliph95

Nah he's Losing this. I've seen a many shonen in my day. Deku will probably give him the same style talk he just gave endeavor except longer he's not all might and he'll tell todoroki he doesn't have to be his father, deku will use all his fingers, todoroki will maybe use fire wins

Todoroki vs Bakugo in the finals my boy todoroki wins cause if bakugo wins...ugh

I look forward to being wrong Xp
I mean Bakuo can Iron Man around the stage it does give him a chance against Todoroki, plus he can break his ice plus Bakugo is in the top 3 of the class

Talents

Banned
My guess for the Deku Todoroki fight is that Deku will win at the start because Todo doesn't use his fire powers, then Deku will be all like "you'll lose if you don't use your fire power" and Todo will be like "but i dont want to" but then he'll use it and Deku will lose. That's the most predictable way for it to go down imo.

I mean Bakuo can Iron Man around the stage it does give him a chance against Todoroki can break his ice plus Bakugo is in the top 3 of the class
O I didn't say bakugo couldn't beat him I just don't want him too Xp

Besides if todoroki doesn't use fire he's screwed he needs everything against bakugo

All my Shonen watching experience tells me

My guess for the Deku Todoroki fight is that Deku will win at the start because Todo doesn't use his fire powers, then Deku will be all like "you'll lose if you don't use your fire power" and Todo will be like "but i dont want to" but then he'll use it and Deku will lose. That's the most predictable way for it to go down imo.
this is exactly what will happen. Deku keeps surprising Todoroki and does his speech, they fight full force, Deku gets badly injured in the loss. People are still impressed with him. Todoroki starts using his fire from that point on.

I kind of hope Bakugo beats Todoroki if they fight but I doubt that.

I want this to be a Neji vs Naruto moment but I just know it won't be. Midoriya is outclassed as fuck and can't even do anything without breaking bones.

I'll be amazed if the main character of this show doesn't go all the way to the finals.
Prepare to be amazed it doesn't always happen. Nothing about deku right now tells me he wins this fight.
Yea yea something something deku vs bakugo
A)he wasn't alone
B)knows bakugo in and out
C) didn't have to fight anymore like he does here if he wins

Conclusion:He's screwed unless he gets some type of control of all for one right here

jett

D-Member
Prepare to be amazed it doesn't always happen. Nothing about deku right now tells me he wins this fight.
Yea yea something something deku vs bakugo
A)he wasn't alone
B)knows bakugo in and out
C) didn't have to fight anymore like he does here if he wins

Conclusion:He's screwed unless he gets some type of control of all for one right here

The finals are going to be Deku vs Bakugo. Better accept it man.

caliph95

Smells like a bet. He makes it too the finals there's no way he's healed enough to do anything I don't see it
something something recovery girl
she did say he can't rely on her IIRC
Also he couldn't beat Bakugo without killing him and so far can only use his fingers has like 8-10 bullets

something something recovery girl
she did say he can't rely on her IIRC
Also he couldn't beat Bakugo without killing him and so far can only use has like 8-10 bullets
That's another thing at this point in time can deku even hit somebody head on without killing them? Nah he ain't winning pack it up I'm confident

NSESN

All Might buff form has nothing to with his power iirc. It is jus a way to use the power without breaking his normal body.

ShadyK54

That was a great episode, and the animation for the fight was on point.

Standout moments for me this week have to be Bakugo dismissing the idea that Uraraka is frail, Aizawa shutting up that heckling hero, and the Deku & Todoroki entrances and stances.

The next episode(s) are going to be hyyyyype.

NEO0MJ

i keep telling you, it's his quirk

When you make the mistake of answering DTL

34141120373_0b3efa05c8_c.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit, Deku vs Todoroki is next!!

and from the preview this looks like it's going to be an insane episode. Hype!

Also can't wait to see more about Todoroki's origin.

NSESN

Good thing about MHA having short arcs is that the manga is so far ahead that you can enjoy both as totally separate stories.

Kyuur

Watched the episode yesterday; Ochako's fight felt quite padded, way too much peanut gallery. Hopefully they avoid that for the next one.

Unit24

I find it a little odd how so many characters were getting upset at Bakugou for going all out against a girl, considering that sort of thing has never been an issue up until now. It's been pretty well established that it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl, all that matters is your determination, abilities, etc. And granted, it still felt like that was the message, what with Bakugou and Aizawa's remarks on the situation, but it still felt like an awkward writing contrivance.

LotusHD

Banned
I find it a little odd how so many characters were getting upset at Bakugou for going all out against a girl, considering that sort of thing has never been an issue up until now. It's been pretty well established that it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl, all that matters is your determination, abilities, etc. And granted, it still felt like that was the message, what with Bakugou and Aizawa's remarks on the situation, but it still felt like an awkward writing contrivance.

I dunno, felt kinda realistic in that while people are doing a better job of seeing girls/women as being equal to men, or one's gender not mattering, when violence is a part of the equation, all bets are off. Some people just don't care for a girl getting overly roughed up. I found it believable.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Some people getting again dangerously close to spoil things.

Even teasing is not okay, just stop it please.

caliph95

I dunno, felt kinda realistic in that while people are doing a better job of seeing girls/women as being equal to men, or one's gender not mattering, when violence is a part of the equation, all bets are off. Some people just don't care for a girl getting overly roughed up. I found it believable.
That and because of Ochako character people see her as a delicate girl

Top Bottom