• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

LotusHD

Banned
Bakugo's quirk is still pretty amazing as it's one of the few with super high output attacks right out of the gate, and it's pretty versatile since it can be used for mobility and even defense to an extent(By blowing enemies away like in this episode)

Bakugou's quirk scares me because of his personality. I'd be freaked if a dude that could create explosions came rushing at me.

She didn't know light affect Shadow's strength tho so she wouldn't have known. And the time to assemble one would take too long.

Again, that's a question of experience. The way her quirk works, she'll just keep getting faster at using it, while at the same time growing her general combat sense. Of course she could still get suckered by incomplete information, but still.

caliph95

His biggest problem, aside from being an idiot, is his low resistance to his own quirk. Which is kind of odd if you think about it.

I think he could become a great hero, like Static, but he just needs to train his stamina and control.

Momo's biggest flaw in her fight against Tokoyami is staying still, she had to start moving.
Doesn't seem to have a good control of his output or he's a huge idiot because he went all out against Jesus vine girl and lost partly because he shorted himself
Bakugou's quirk scares me because of his personality. I'd be freaked if a dude that could create explosions came rushing at me.
If it makes you feel better he won't kill you since he wants to be the new All Might he will put you in a hospital for days and potentially in a coma

His biggest problem, aside from being an idiot, is his low resistance to his own quirk. Which is kind of odd if you think about it.

I think he could become a great hero, like Static, but he just needs to train his stamina and control.

Momo's biggest flaw in her fight against Tokoyami is staying still, she had to start moving.

Yeah. and not knowing his weakness (She probably could've created a small flash grenade or something pretty quickly since creation speed is mass dependent).

Also it's important to consider that under the right conditions Tokoyami's quirk is ludicrously strong.

Raxus

Getting past that inferiority complex will do wonders for her.

Yep. Realistically she can do some madoka magica shit

tomoe_mami_o_by_arachnid_le_spider-da0vb46.gif

But she constantly defeats herself despite being, arguably, one of the most intelligent characters there.

Jintor

Kaminari, while he does have one of my favorite quirks, is just an idiot. If he had like Static level of usage of his powers, he'd be pretty OP.

Static had magnetism as part of his powers though i think. or at least that was how i understood it since he skates around on a manhole cover lol

Hypron

Bakugo's quirk is still pretty amazing as it's one of the few with super high output attacks right out of the gate, and it's pretty versatile since it can be used for mobility and even defense to an extent(By blowing enemies away like in this episode)

Yeah. And that attack he does with his gauntlet is pretty much only second to a 100% One for All punch in terms of destructive power (among the students).

caliph95

Static had magnetism as part of his powers though i think. or at least that was how i understood it since he skates around on a manhole cover lol
Electromagnetism which is really op if you think about
Plus, he only gets stronger as the fight goes on (until he collapses from muscle exhaustion, anyway). More exertion = more sweat = bigger booms.
It does give Todoroki an advantage since he can control temperature

Guys, getting screwed up by a surprise thing isn't a character specific weakness. Some characters can react better (like we saw Bakugou do this episode), but it's not like inherent to the powerset or anything. Again, experience.

Plus, he only gets stronger as the fight goes on (until he collapses from muscle exhaustion, anyway). More exertion = more sweat = bigger booms.

To an extent, although it's worth noting Bakugo does experience some degree of recoil from his own explosions, especially if he's not using his super suit

Jintor

Yeah, true. They're playing that up more in the anime than they have in the manga so far, though, which is interesting.

the animation on his arm as he built up to the mass explosion was pretty interesting. Like he had to burn off all his extra juice to fire the big one.

i don't think kaminari damages himself with his bursts, he just temporarily overloads his brain, such as it is.

isnt that awfully close to being like the electric chair? he must have a pretty low life expectency.
I remember pikachu beating dragonite that way in the anime and thinking it was kind of messed up.

Ezalc

Doesn't seem to have a good control of his output or he's a huge idiot because he went all out against Jesus vine girl and lost partly because he shorted himself
He needs to work on his stamina and control.

Yeah. and not knowing his weakness (She probably could've created a small flash grenade or something pretty quickly since creation speed is mass dependent).

Also it's important to consider that under the right conditions Tokoyami's quirk is ludicrously strong.

True, we haven't seen how his power is at night. And even though it feels kind of an obvious weakness, every time somebody has a shadow/darkness power it's usually weak to light in some form, she could have still made something to make her more mobile and put up more of a fight. Momo's lack of confidence is what always ends up killing any chance she has.

I always used to think he would somehow make the cover cling to him using static electricity or try to charge it in a way that it would repel off the earth or something.

Still, all this does is make me miss Static.

Jintor

quirks don't really work scientifically, just with internal consistency.

like an omake or MHASmash points out, Ura's power makes absolutely zero sense in a realistic physics universe. but fuck it, it's cool and it's internally consistent, so whatever

caliph95

like an omake or MHASmash points out, Ura's power makes absolutely zero sense in a realistic physics universe. but fuck it, it's cool and it's internally consistent, so whatever
Lets not even go to how the hell Aizawa's eye would work

Maaan if Urarak's quirk worked by anything like real-world rules she'd be ludicrously op lol.

He needs to work on his stamina and control.

True, we haven't seen how his power is at night. And even though it feels kind of an obvious weakness, every time somebody has a shadow/darkness power it's usually weak to light in some form, she could have still made something to make her more mobile and put up more of a fight. Momo's lack of confidence is what always ends up killing any chance she has.

I always used to think he would somehow make the cover cling to him using static electricity or try to charge it in a way that it would repel off the earth or something.

Still, all this does is make me miss Static.
minor Tokoyami power spoilers
We actually do see him use it in a dark environment at night in the manga at one point and it's fucking obscene how powerful it is

LotusHD

Banned
Lets not even go to how the hell Aizawa's eye would work

He shoots a virus into your eyes.

I want to, I really do :)
sometimes even in the established worlds rules something happens that makes you do a double take though.

It's just more awkward in this particular universe because it has a tendency to remind you how inadvertently dangerous some quirks can be. Or other stuff where if a quirk makes you look weird or has a negative connotation, then yes, people may very well ostracize you. Like the guy with the brainwashing quirk for example.

LotusHD

Banned
Uraraka's quirk is still pretty useful. The biggest real problem is the weight limit

Hey, she can lift exactly one Groudon. Not many people can say that.

im still waiting to understand exactly how conquerors haki works...

Weaponized willpower that only a select amount of people can unlock. It's basically OP's version of the force. Everyone has Haki, but only so many people know how to use it, with even less having that particular ability. So.... you just roll with it.

Duh :p

Hey, she can lift exactly one Groudon. Not many people can say that.

Weaponized willpower that only a select amount of people can unlock. It's basically OP's version of the force. Everyone has Haki, but only so many people know how to use it, with even less having that particular ability. So.... you just roll with it.

Duh :p

ill just wait until its explained with sentient micro-organisms then

Raxus

One of my favorite things about the episode (that I feel the manga didn't quite convey) is after that HUGE blast, Bakugo seems to be shaken. He even has to brace his arm to blast away the meteor shower. Afterwards he seems slightly shaken by the force of the blast too which makes sense since I imagine it is hell on his bones.

One of my favorite things is that every quirk has a basic weakness/requirement to work effectively. Devouring iron, weight limits, broken bones.

I... yes, that's what I'm saying.

Nah, you're saying her power would be broken in the real world because it makes things massless. But it doesn't. It makes things weightless (as in, removes the force of gravity from them), but they still have mass.

Edit: Oh reread your comment. Honestly I think removiing the force of gravity from an object makes more sense then somehow removing the principle of mass. The former can be explained by simply applying an equal and opposite neutralizing force, while the latter is a lot more abstract

Sou Da

I believe there's a gag strip at the end of the chapters about how if Uravity's powers worked scientifically she'd destroy the planet or something.

Also Static's powers were much closer to Magneto's than they were just straight lightning powers, eventually the show kind of forgot that.

Kickz

This Deku vs Shouto match has alot riding on it to overcome what has been an extremely underwhelming battle tournament so far.

The character are all good, but the fights themselves have mostly been afterthoughts so far.
tumblr_oot7uiQSxj1ufc25ho1_500.gif

Top Bottom