• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

LotusHD

Banned
"Bakugo didn't kill people so he's nuanced."

Its made clear time and time again that murder is punished in this society. Bakugo wants to be a hero and be NUMBER 1. Him not murdering someone isn't praiseworthy or in contrast with his character.

Yeah. Bakugo's so fuckin smart for not outright murdering another student in front of a bazillion witnesses and going "oops lol" and then spending life in prison.

Um, I'm like 99% sure that's not why he found him more nuanced...

Its made clear time and time again that murder is punished in this society. Bakugo wants to be a hero and be NUMBER 1. Him not murdering someone isn't praiseworthy or in contrast with his character.

Yeah. Bakugo's so fuckin smart for not outright murdering another student in front of a bazillion witnesses and going "oops lol" and then spending life in prison.
I think you did not get the fight and what happened in it if that's what you got out of it.

I admit the cast is weighted more male than female in terms of primary characters but I certainly don't feel like mha is some eyerolling genderedfest

Like are you just annoyed the issue was even raised even though the show was like "btw treating her special because she is a girl/supposedly weaker is super disrespectful"

I didst expect anything different so there's no annoyance involved. I do think its possible to do something like The Last Airbender which has good representation among genders and still appeal to young boys.

I will say its amusing that the outro is mostly showing off all the female characters separately from the rest.

trejo

I don't know why people still feel the need to come into this thread to discuss aspects of the show they might disagree with when it's become obvious that this is a circlejerk thread for people who think this show is perfection distilled into anime form and where any and all criticisms leveled at it are instantly and summarily dismissed.

Just let them have their love-in and don't bother them with your "logic".

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know why people still feel the need to come into this thread to discuss aspects of the show they might disagree with when it's become obvious that this is a circlejerk thread for people who think this show is perfection distilled into anime form and where any and all criticisms leveled at it are instantly and summarily dismissed.

Jim-Carrey-What-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

NSESN

??? I love MHA but I still have some problems with it. Like the pacing of season 1 or the amount of flashbacks. But it is still miles ahead of most Jump adaptations. I am actually enjoying this arc much more than I did with the manga.

The Most Tweeted Spring 2017 TV Anime Top 10
(April 16 - May 23, 2017)

Web Newtype has released the report on the most tweeted TV anime titles during this spring 2017 season, conducted by KADOKAWA ASCII Research Laboratories. The result was based on the tweeted numbers of the anime's official titles, its abbreviation and tags in Japan, gathered between April 16 and May 23. See the Twitter trend in the ongoing season below.

1. "Attack on Titan Season 2" - 582,350 times

2. "Eromanga Sensei" - 337,813

3. "My Hero Academia Season 2" - 230,902

4. "Idol Time PriPara" - 177,419

5. "Frame Arms Girl" - 143,079

6. "Star-Mu 2nd Season" - 129,620

7. "Saekano -How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend- ♭" - 119,101

8. "Hinako Note" - 103,301

9. "Natsume Yujin-cho 6" - 100,954

10. "Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor" - 99,433

Even if there is a gap, it's pretty cool that MHA is the third most tweeted anime in Japan.

Pfft I hate this cuz ppl are excited don't mean u gotta be you allowed to post criticism.

For example deku imo is shit

However todoroki is the boi

trejo

Thanks for proving my point, everyone. Now please do continue fawning over how adorbs Bakugo looks when drawn as a kitten and stuff. :)

NSESN

I like Deku. It is good to have a nerd be a protagonist and not a backgroung character for once.
He just needs to stop crying.

Thanks for proving my point, everyone. Now please do continue fawning over how adorbs Bakugo looks when drawn as a kitten and stuff. :)
976c1e11a5d1af939aeaf882b85efda1.gif

I like Deku. It is good to have a nerd be a protagonist and not a backgroung character for once.
He just needs to stop crying.
Good job deku
Deku:Cries

Deku you are the greatest hero to me
Deku:cries

Deku you passed the first round
Deku:cries

Deku breakfast is ready
Deku:cries 😩

caliph95

Let Deku cry all he wants. Down with toxic masculinity!
His mom does all the crying now and we don't toxic masculinity here, just the positive kind except maybe Bakugo if i understand what TM is but no one likes Bakugo (as a person at least but apparently he is "adorbs" i guess)

Deku is an honest and emotional guy. I always understand him when he cries. That scene with All Might when he won the race. It got me all emotinal too.

Edit:I like Bakugo!

LotusHD

Banned
His mom does all the crying now and we don't toxic masculinity here, just the positive kind except maybe Bakugo if i understand what TM is but no one likes Bakugo (as a person at least but apparently he is "adorbs" i guess)

I'm just joking around, but meh, I never really got bothered by it, because like others have said, it's a different type of (shounen) protagonist to what I'm used to, so it's pretty refreshing.

As for Bakugo, he can summed up as that guy that's an asshole, but damn it, he's our asshole.

caliph95

I was getting sick of the Naruto/Natsu obnoxious protags, Black star from soul eater was a parody of that but they sometimes play him too straight

trejo

Look, I'm not saying it's wrong to like the show or anything of the sort. In fact, I'm also really enjoying this season. Much more than the first even. It's just that if someone wants to have a serious critical discussion or share some well thought out impressions of an episode then this probably is not the place to come looking for that because they won't find it.

Again, I've been liking the show thus far but for instance, I still think Deku's crying schtick got old AGES ago and I just roll my eyes every time he breaks into tears at every single little thing ever and I still think Bakugo and Mineta are shit characters that belong in the trash so what has someone like me to offer to the thread when anytime anyone goes against the grain they get instantly shot down? By a barrage of .gifs and passive-agressive dismissals, mind you. Not even some substantial counterpoints that could spark further discussion or anything. I don't know about anyone else but that type of fluffy thread with no substance or genuine conversation is just boring to me and I would venture to guess to other people as well who would otherwise try to participate a little more maybe.

Anyway, rant over. Sorry for harshing your buzz guys.

Look, I'm not saying it's wrong to like the show or anything of the sort. In fact, I'm also really enjoying this season. Much more than the first even. It's just that if someone wants to have a serious critical discussion or share some well thought out impressions of an episode then this probably is not the place to come looking for that because they won't find it.

Again, I've been liking the show thus far but for instance, I still think Deku's crying schtick got old AGES ago and I just roll my eyes every time he breaks into tears at every single little thing ever and I still think Bakugo and Mineta are shit characters that belong in the trash so what has someone like me to offer to the thread when anytime anyone goes against the grain they get instantly shot down? By a barrage of .gifs and passive-agressive dismissals, mind you. Not even some substantial counterpoints that could spark further discussion or anything. I don't know about anyone else but that type of fluffy thread with no substance or genuine conversation is just boring to me and I would venture to guess to other people as well who would otherwise try to participate a little more maybe.

Reason people dogpile on you is because when you say this

Again, I've been liking the show thus far but for instance, I still think Deku's crying schtick got old AGES ago and I just roll my eyes every time he breaks into tears at every single little thing ever and I still think Bakugo and Mineta are shit characters that belong in the trash

You think giving us

a serious critical discussion or share some well thought out impressions of an episode

But most people just see

I DON'T LIKE THING PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND SHOWER ME IN PRAISE

Because, like, that's not advanced commentary. Deku being emotional got old for you a while back, alright. Bakugou and to a lesser extent Mineta ARE terrible people. Mineta is also a pervy gag character which doesn't do him any favors. But you're posting your opinions (which is fine, it's a discussion board) with a heaping spoonful of exaggeration, hyperbole, and the presumption of objective correctness, and expecting to get engagement but not pushback.

It's a little ridiculous.

LotusHD

Banned

Anyway, rant over. Sorry for killing your buzz guys.

See, I feel like this post would hold a lot more weight if you made posts with actual substance yourself.

Instead, taking a quick look at the 8 or so posts you've made in this thread, it's been really basic stuff (to put it lightly, seeing how crude some of them are) about how you dislike how much Deku cries, or how you think characters like Bakugo are trash, and then you don't expand any further than that. I mean... seems pretty hypocritical on your part, no? If you want to discuss an episode in-depth or whatever, I don't see why you or anyone would genuinely feel like you can't do that here. Sure people may occasionally use snarky language or GIFs and all if they strongly disagree or something, but there's no malice behind it; no need to get so worked about it.

Also it's a pretty weird time to say this. You quoted someone who was completely incorrect about why he began to see that Bakugo's character had more nuance that we initially thought. Then the last big thing talked about how was regarding the fight between Bakugo and Uraraka, where one poster felt it was weird that they were not as progressive as he assumed they would be. I and others gave our points explaining why we felt that would be the case. They gave their counterpoints. It was pretty amicable all things considered. But I guess according to you, that wasn't a good enough discussion or something? That we defend everything and can't accept criticism?

Like, c'mon man... If you think a character sucks or whatever, fine. But don't be shocked if someone happens to disagree and give counterpoints, as they have no obligation to agree with you to begin with. Calling it a circlejerk thread just makes you look foolish.

People who actually seem to want to discuss something and aren't just trashing about whoever they dislike will get a discussion going most of the time. We have a discussion about Bakugo like every 5 pages. We also had a discussion about the girls, about quirks,about the students. Nobody kills conversation here or we wouldn't be at almost 30 pages. Also of course aggressive post will get aggressive or dismissive responses.

What kind of answers did you expect to that last comment? You literally shitted on people here.

Also I remember the *discussion* you tried to have when I posted my Mineta gif. People disagreed with you with good and well said answers and you just dismissed all of them and left.

Maximo

_5S3eP.gif

Mendrox

Haha you should learn to not take everything so seriously. It's an anime for kids. There will be things for kids in it. It's supposed to be Dekus story from being a crybaby to grew into the best hero. The anime is not that far and you should just relax and enjoy the ride.

Also you know what? Deku always felt like an useless person without a quirk. He got one and surpasses people. Of course he will cry from joy, but I guess you never experienced something like that? It's okay to cry. You dont have to be sad for that. Tears of joy are good too.

Top Bottom