• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

In hindsight posts like this kinda helps his case...

Yeah he may have a point there lol

Puruzi's response may have been a little passive-aggresive, but all the *Deku cries too much* complaints do get tiring. It's like people don't understand what tears of joys or relief are. Yes people cry. Yes some are more emotional then others. No Deku doesn't cry too much and when he does cry it's understandable.

Geyser crying runs in the family. Deku can't help it.
That made me laugh so much. Best mom.
TC4vFfz.png

Puruzi's response may have been a little passive-aggresive, but all the *Deku cries too much* complaints do get tiring. It's like people don't understand what tears of joys or relief are. Yes people cry. Yes some are more emotional then others. No Deku doesn't cry too much and when he does cry it's understandable.

That made me laugh so much. Best mom.
Again kinda making the guys point .

Meffer

I don't mind Deku crying because it's something I can relate to. Given his situation he must be absolutely nervous and when he achieves something it makes sense he get emotional. When people say he's a wuss because he cries, look at what he's done so far. He's a badass.

Again kinda making the guys point .

How? I am not dismissive or aggressive. I am giving my point of view on the subject. Please tell me how I am making the guys point.
I don't mind Deku crying because it's something I can relate to. Given his situation he must be absolutely nervous and when he achieves something it makes sense he get emotional. When people say he's a wuss because he cries, look at what he's done so far. He's a badass.
Pretty much how I feel too. The guy really started from nothing.

Mr. X

Even All Might comments on Deku crying a lot. Having something irritating about him like that is kind of interesting.

That picture is why I'm okay with deku crying all the time, it always makes me laugh when done for that purpose and can be easily used to make emotional moments hit harder. Then again I always like main characters that cry in action series, it makes them feel more human. Totally get how people find it annoying though, but I just don't agree.

Nightbird

Dekus life has completely changed, just a few months ago.

He had a series of emotional moments, so everything else than crying would have been weird as fuck for an emotional character.

He's already crying less than in season one, AND is getting way more gutsy along the way. I mean he did essentially told the Nr. 2 Hero, a huge guy engulfed in flames, to fuck off. I can't see season 1 Deku do anything close to that.

He's evolving as an character, and I do not see anything wrong with crying for achieving milestones, or having emotional moments.

Puruzi

Banned
I don't give a fuck if i'm making the dude's point, complaining about that shit is stupid. It's not an issue. Like especially after getting this far just accept that it's a character trait and move on from it.

I don't give a fuck if i'm making the dude's point, complaining about that shit is stupid. It's not an issue. Like especially after getting this far just accept that it's a character trait and move on from it.
I don't like it , you like it. There's no issue you can't tell ppl what to be ok with. Y'all wouldn't survive in one piece or db thread I tell ya that

It is absolutely ok to not like something nd speak on it

Puruzi, no need to get this aggressive. Being aggressive always makes for the worst discussion.

But to be fair people saying they don't like Deku crying so much never have good reasons. At least from my perspective.
That's exactly my point why they gotta type a page out to say why dekus crying is annoying, I've seen more long paragraphs counterpoints to it when all I said was I don't like his crying. But let's flip and I post

"Aw man dekus crying is good" boom that's it no one will take a second look nobody's gonna say this is getting old,nobody's gonna get on my case Ima get some me too's or some gifs and keep it moving next topic

Puruzi

Banned
Because if he said I love dekus crying no one would have an issue.

Alright, and? It's not like people who "love" his crying always post about how it's great that he cries so much. People who hate it will always bring it up though.

How it usually is is that people don't really say anything about it because it's just a thing that happens and it isn't a big deal OR "Deku cries too much, he has to stop being a baby"

That's exactly my point why they gotta type a page out to say why dekus crying is annoying, I've seen more long paragraphs counterpoints to it when all I said was I don't like his crying. But let's flip and I post

"Aw man dekus crying is good" boom that's it no one will take a second look nobody's gonna say this is getting old,nobody's gonna get on my case Ima get some me too's or some gifs and keep it moving next topic
A reason why nobody would counter argument *Deku crying is ok* is because it is ok. The reverse makes no sense other then people finding it annoying on a individual level.

But yea go and type a page about why it's so bad for him to cry. If you make a good argument I don't see why I couldn't understand it.

LotusHD

Banned
In hindsight that's the post that got me on the guys side in the first place while he was over the top and a bit much all this post did was prove him right immediately after

Meh, if the majority of people were being dismissive like that (i.e. a "circlejerk thread", he'd have a stronger point. But it doesn't appear that way to me.

Anyways, what's done is done.

EDIT:

Also agreed with Crusader, if you're not being pleasant yourself, then whatever happens happens lol

Puruzi

Banned
The post was just a joke in the first place, dude saying he's giving well thought out criticism when he's saying the same thing that has been said countless times already

like wow what a unique and original take you have there. Taking a silly post a bit too seriously tbh

LotusHD

Banned

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The crying at finding out they were progressing was a sight gag and different from his normal crying. His normal crying is way more prominent in the anime due to two factors, there is audio and the anime is animated scenes that are often elongated. In contrast the manga might have a panel here or there showing him crying. In the anime you now have a scene where he is crying for 2 minutes, has a flashback of him crying, and the audio now.

The sight gag itself was taken directly from the manga.

tumblr_njvgj2B6A61u6s7veo2_500.png

I have been thinking about this but aside from the moment where he won the race and cried tears of joy. Which was a damn good reason and one of this season's highlight. What made people suddenly bring up Deku cried too much this season? Were the gag moments too much? Because he hasn't been crying at all except for these moment and has been an absolute badass.

Top Bottom