• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Nah he's Losing this. I've seen a many shonen in my day. Deku will probably give him the same style talk he just gave endeavor except longer he's not all might and he'll tell todoroki he doesn't have to be his father, deku will use all his fingers, todoroki will maybe use fire wins

Todoroki vs Bakugo in the finals my boy todoroki wins cause if bakugo wins...ugh

I look forward to being wrong Xp

The finals are going to be Deku vs Bakugo. Better accept it man.
Bah Jett I should've bet you I know my shonen!

Jintor

I had a totally different read on the whole situation. Endeavor is a textbook narcissist and physically abusive father/husband who only had children as an extension of himself to cover his own failure. He's only proud of Todoroki because he feels ownership of his son's accomplishments.

Midoriya was trying to show him that refusing to use half of his abilities gives his father power over him. He's his own person, regardless of where his power came from, and he would never reach his full potential by limiting himself to spite someone else. He shouldn't care what Endeavor thinks.

That dude should be in prison.

dtl is watching a different show to everyone man, don't bother

I was so hyped this entire episode. I don't remember being this excited when I read it in the manga. The top of class A's potential is insane.

NSESN

The episode was so good that I didn't even notice the dimming. And the pace was perfect, They covered the whole fight instead of the 2 cliffhangers we got in the manga.

Damn 10/10 episode, everything from the music and animation. Especially love the part they were smiling at each other and Deku using his mouth to flick is thumb!

That final animation was just... DAYUM

This is the first episode I really noticed the dimming. Basically every time Todoroki did anything big the whole screen went dark... damn shame.

ShadyK54

Ever since the season started, Deku vs Todoroki is the moment/fight I've been anticipating the most, as I couldn't wait to see how it would look animated. It was also the moment where Todoroki became one of my favorite characters of the manga (and now show).

This episode was incredible from beginning to end. I was moved to tears, & the last sequence of the fight was just...

rmRrLcr.gif

Raxus

I'll try and find some manga panels to post. Horikoshi typically has great art but this is really cranked up to 11. Amazing paneling as well.

theWB27

Todoriki remains my favorite....damn this episode was flat out amazing. Surpassed, by far, what I thought it would be.

His father is trash though.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
HOW?

HOW DID THIS FARKING EPISODE SURPASS THE MANGA?!?!?

THEM DAMN FEELS AND THEM FINAL ATTACKS!!!

The fact that freaking Deku still had some tricks up his sleeve until the end...damn it, I don't even remeber he did that.

Seriously guys, if you are not watching this show, I feel sorry for you. Predictable as it may be, the shit is just fucking fun.

wildfire

Banned
I had a totally different read on the whole situation. Endeavor is a textbook narcissist and physically abusive father/husband who only had children as an extension of himself to cover his own failure. He's only proud of Todoroki because he feels ownership of his son's accomplishments.

Midoriya was trying to show him that refusing to use half of his abilities gives his father power over him. He's his own person, regardless of where his power came from, and he would never reach his full potential by limiting himself to spite someone else. He shouldn't care what Endeavor thinks.

They should send him to the hospital.

A mental hospital.

Raxus

Some manga panels from Deku vs Todoroki

latest
drKHlJW.png
deku_vs_todoroki_by_d33pdiv32th3w0rld-d96tmmm.png
latest

Such a doting dad...

Needless to say this arc is where I got addicted to the series and I have been reading weekly as the up and coming replacement for Naruto (at the time). It has since become the number 2 manga just behind One Piece. I think this fight really illustrates why.

LotusHD

Banned
WHO WOULD HAVE EVER HAVE SEEN THAT VERY UNPREDICTABLE FIGHT COMING WOW SO VERY UNPREDICTABLE

Predictable? Yes.

So badass that you don't really give a shit? Also yes.

---

Damn, that was some good anime right there, easily surpassed the manga as opposed to last week where it was more arguable.

IJoel

DAAAAAMN! That was fantastic. Team Deku all the way.
Damn, can't wait until Deku can control more of his power. Seems he's getting it little by little.

How many episodes in this season. Hoping for a full 24 episode season.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the fight wasn't interrupted by villains or something typical that another shonen would do. It's ok to have the protagonist take a significant loss every now and then. Even Goku lost his first 2 Budokai tournaments against Roshi and Tien.

jett

D-Member
�� I'm so sorry.. to be fair I didn't at first either lol we both should know not to come in here after a episode gifs and images galore

I didn't come here, your post just showed up in the search results.

Oh well, it's all good.

It was a really cool episode, but I was super rooting for Midoriya and I don't really give a single fuck about anyone else in the tournament so I'm not sure if I'm liking this result.

But now that the main character is out, it's more fun to guess who will win now.
I already knew he was gonna be out and since my Ls don't just stay in one piece and transfer to other animes I predict Bakugo to beat my boy 😩

I didn't come here, your post just showed up in the search results.

Oh well, it's all good.

It was a really cool episode, but I was super rooting for Midoriya and I don't really give a single fuck about anyone else in the tournament so I'm not sure if I'm liking this result.
O oops.
What about kirishima or lida

kewlmyc

That's what you're supposed to feel. Endeavor is a piece of trash father.

LotusHD

Banned

Not surprising, this arc seems to basically be all about Todoroki resolving his issues for the most part.

Meffer

And this is just one amazing fight in this series. There are others that are just as or more jaw dropping than this.

Top Bottom