• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

ToyBroker

Banned
Delivery #2 from GGG :D

You bastard!

PoE is my straight addiction (although I've taken a break--went from full on Dual-totem sporker, then after the nerf I went to Phys Wander--which I love way more). Got 6L Shav's and everything :D. I think I still have like~15 exalts sitting in the stash. I've spent way too much money on PoE.

wowzors

Excuse the poor picture quality but my Pacific Rim Fosdike poster came today and its soooo cool. I gotta hurry up and get this bad boy framed.

That is such a nice poster, where is it from, if you dont mind me asking? Huge fan of the movie.

tauroxd

Awesome stuff

Man, you are living the life! :)

GCopWOP.jpg

Got this last night, 1st tattoo. Love that symbol :)

Awesome, just awesome...

That Crash case/cover... Wow, I had that same case when I was I child and I was amazed about what that game would before I played it. I don't know but it make me remember the first time I got it and made me feel nostalgic.

First, I love this thread. Seeing the gadget pr0n here is just too good.

Today I went in to Goodwill to check out if they had any games. Only thing they had was a suspicious looking GameCube. So... all you guys that show older games. Where do you buy them? Is it eBay or some other online store that I dont know about?

Was it a Panasonic Q GameCube? If so.." buy it quick!

Just beginning game-wise! Some heavy-hitters streeting in the next few months...not to mention two new Systems~!

Sadly, year is dead, DEAD on the shmup scene. But is has been a great first seven months for the genre.

Seriously though...it's a generational release year...while the calendar may be 1/2 over...the hits are yet to come! That's with all the heat that has released this year already!

Decided to get another SMT 4 when I was down in Florida over the weekend. Technically all my picks are from July but I was on vacation and travelling. Been on an insane Wii buying kick lately. Baroque was only 5 bucks. Disc is near mint but has a spine sticker and no manual. Glad to have it on the Wii now so I can play it on the couch on the Wii U.

I went a little bit overboard with Saitn Seiya this summer XD

- Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle for PS3
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas in blu-ray (volumes 1 to 9)
Myth Cloths:
- Pope Shion
- Merak Beta Hagen
- Seiya bronze cloth second version
- Scorpio Milo
- Aries Mu
- Hades
- Wyvern Radamanthys
- Libra Dokho
- Pisces Aphrodite
- Gemini Saga (not pictured, loose figure)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You bastard!

PoE is my straight addiction (although I've taken a break--went from full on Dual-totem sporker, then after the nerf I went to Phys Wander--which I love way more). Got 6L Shav's and everything :D. I think I still have like~15 exalts sitting in the stash. I've spent way too much money on PoE.
That's awesome :D I just gave them the $ as a donation - I didn't play the retail game for more than 50 hours or so.

How I have never owned this movie until earlier this afternoon, I don't know.

uFHFNly.jpg

Also I found this in my grandfather's shed, surprisingly in good condition given that it was just, well, in a shed for a long time.

t3yPKAg.jpg

ibu

Haven't done one of these in an age.

However a few new purchases including on which I got a few months back.

Kindle.

2QG204z.jpg

Obligatory purchase.

10491TD.jpg

New car, Peugeot 207 1.6 VTi Sport

5Y9yno2.jpg

First house. 3 Bed semi in North West UK, views of the Fells from bedroom window. Hopefully finished later this year. Cue less games pick ups. I'll post some decorating and furniture pick ups in the appropriate threads as things progress.

Note: since this pic was taken, the next floor has gone up and we are mulling moving the garage back a little to ensure more kitchen light. Depends on what we can do with the plans.

Debating dark wood flooring, looking at samples and paint colours now.

4pJ4Sr1.jpg

MarkusRJR

My purchases over the past month or two...
Got a brand new phone. Loving it so far. Ironic that I'm so into WP and W8 yet I have my stake in Playstation's ecosystem and not Xbox's.

Got an Animal Crossing 3DS XL over ebay and I imported a JP Club Nintendo Green 3DS XL charger and a Resetti plush (from the original AC game, not the New Leaf version).

I couldn't say no to a brand new $200 basic Wii U. I also got Pikmin 1/2 for Wii to prep me for Pikmin 3 later this month. Not pictured: Earthbound VC, paid off Pikmin 3 pre-order.

tehrafe

LL7PGKN.jpg

Retro pickup for this month

I'm wondering though, I booted up Blast Corps to see if it works (which it does) but the language is German and I can't find a setting to switch to English, is there a way to switch? (I hope it's not a German only cart...)

KiDdYoNe

Finally got my huge parcel i ordered in june-july. Btw both games i got from fellow GAFfer :)

QS4ICni.jpg

And this beautifull steelie deserves personal picture. Feels like my Bioshock Infinite collection is full. Maybe i will order an artbook later tho :)

da8Ocw8.jpg

canocha

Finally Pikmin 3 arrived!
(sorry no garden shot...)
vTChGb1.jpg

Wii games:
LBPROZn.jpg

Gamecube games:
AeIpEbx.jpg

(girlfriend loves Spyro and she kidnapped my Wii...)

Master System games:
XqiOvUS.jpg

Mega Drive games:
VK8hfuc.jpg

Azzurri

Congrats to you my friend. You win.

Beautiful.

Thanks my Man!

Audi is taking over! They are everywhere. I remember when Mercedez was the luxury car to have.

Yea, I love Audi's, I've owned 3 now. 2006 S4, 2013 A4 2.0T and now a 2014 S5. Such all around awesome cars. From the looks on the outside to the amazing interior on the inside.

I'm hoping in 3 years I'll be able to upgrade to the S7, but will see about that hahah

Saroyan

I imported Ketsui for PS3, haven't had a chance to play yet though, most of my gaming time has been taken up by Euro Truck Sim 2 lately, hehe.

jonno394

Some Blu-rays

Mulholland Drive and Breathless Studio Canal Collection, Cowboy Bebop Part 1 BD collection, To Kill a Mockingbird and Runaway Train

2013-08-02141502_zps27c1fb4c.jpg

A new longboard deck. Landyachtz 2013 Switchblade 40.

With everything assembled. Still have Globe trucks/wheels/bearings from my old longboard, but I'm planning on upgrading those the coming weeks.

Bonus shot with my old doggy.

Stereoboomm 500 bluetooth speaker for casual music listening on the phone/tablet/laptop. Great little thing especially for the price. Picked it up for €30,-
And my gaming pick-ups. These are all july pick-ups though: Hotline Miami, Stealth Inc., Machinarium and Limbo (which was free, because apparently I bought the PS3 version sometime, lol.

ibsOqD3FStSa75.jpg

I decided to pick up some old PS3 games now that the generation is almost over. These will probably not show up as PS+ freebies.

ibpIvRZcZPivB1.jpg

It's an Ibanez RG2620 from '04 with Joe Satriani's signature pickups.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I never post in these threads but I thought this one warranted it.

First Cave shmup and first import. Loving it so far, dat soundtrack.

RkOwnage

lf5FQUzl.jpg

Biggest pick up of our lives. A while ago I posted a thread in the off topic forums about apartment noise and how we had some of the worst people living above us, and it just got worse and worse until they were forced to leave...Fast forward 7-8 months and we are now living in our own home, with no one above us to make noise and cause crap for us. I've got to say, throughout construction, as I'd walk through, I was skeptical of the size of the house, it just felt small, but now that everything is done, it's unbelievable how much room we have in this house. And the upstairs room is all for me and my gaming! :)

45JyV84l.jpg

Gaming/Entertainment pick ups for last month

HhlbyPAl.jpg

MovieStop b2g2 promotion

Azusa

New additions to my j-pop collection.
35F4Dro.jpg

I always wanted to try a decent fighting game. Maybe it won't be opened at all
P1OHm4N.jpg

<3
vN9FNME.jpg

0IQr9Ow.jpg

meppi

After falling in love with Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 a couple of weeks ago, I went on a bit of a musou buying spree. ;)
More are on the way. lol
Just started playing Fist of the North Star and it's a bit rough around the edges, but a lot of fun when you look past the graphical shortcomings as well as some technical niggles.

ibqUOEaCWSzfUs.jpg

Got Pikmin 3 in as well as a second copy of one of my favourite Wii games: Zangeki no Reginleiv, in case something should ever happen to my original. Was a bit cheaper than my mint copy, but the cover seems to have some water damage or something as it's all wobbly. Disk and manual are like new though, so this will be my play copy it seems.
Then picked up ZOE just after the patch went up. :)
And didn't even know Star Trek TNG Season 4 was due out so soon on blu ray. Had it pre-ordered so it was a nice surprise when it showed up.

iQcqihwPZwWVy.jpg

Also somehow I'm now the proud owner of the following masterpiece!
Suck it, internet white knights!

iLM3KWNJboLQe.jpg

smr00

Banned
fMVIS9F.jpg

Finally joined the rest of the world and got a smart phone (Galaxy S4). It's pretty overwhelming going from a flip phone to this but i love it. Also, WTF Best Buy? Slip case for Season 2 but not Season 1? That shit is going to haunt me until i either find a S1 slip or i just remove the S2 slip.

Terraria: Collector's Edition (No. 10481 of 30000), Dragons Crown Artworks x2, Game Informer (issue 244 all 5 E3 covers)

VG003_zps1cc58b80.jpg

Top Bottom