• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
epKQkGD.jpg

still haven't finished xillia but 2 was pretty cheap so why not

Picked up a really beatup Mario Brothers arcade machine for $100 this past weekend. Been cleaning it up and did a paint job. Still waiting for a new power supply to get it up and running again.

Then some paint prep:

And After:

Painted, new t-molding, and a DK Jr Marquee I had sitting around:

The replacement power supply came! Mario Brothers LIVES AGAIN!!!

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well today was my lucky day. I walked into the Value Village close to my workplace at lunch and found quite a lot of games.

Looks like I bought someones childhood. They also had Eternal Darkness for $25, but I hit my personal budget limit for the week. I won't be doing my usual Saturday morning crawl this week, looks like.

atomico

AJxIVEg.jpg

Don't even have a 3DS yet. I almost bought one the very same day the black 3DS XL was announced. Lucky me, I guess, I didn't like either the red or blue models.

cj_iwakura

Some stuff from today, some stuff from a while back.
(3DS photos, sorry.)

GameStop promo posters I was given:

Preorder!
erReicL.jpg

BOGO deal at GameStop & from a trade:
y2zXLnQ.jpg

Required:
D9wbhl2.jpg

And graphic novel/comic stuff:

AmGPcSh.jpg

Ban Puncher

Celebrated my birthday a few days ago. Not a bad haul.

RvJqvsU.jpg

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable w/ 2M Red Ortofon cartridge & Acryl-It platter - My parents gifted me a new money pit in the form of vinyl. Wonderful sounding turntable and now I can finally play all the LP's I've been accumulating for the last couple of years.
XRGB-mini Framemeister Upscanner - B'day present to myself as I've wanted one for a while and used that as a flimsy excuse to justify the purchase. Makes all my old consoles not look like ass on my Bravia. RGB cables incoming for even sexier results.
New Super Luigi U Wii U - Got this and Pikmin from a couple of mates, well chuffed.
Pikmin 3 Wii U - No garden shot but I did add some parsley because I am an artistic photographer master.
Caladrius 360 - SHOOT THE CORE.
Undercover Cops SFC - Another Grail GET. $500+ on eBay? Bollocks to that, got this for $150 boxed and mint direct from Japan. And then my younger brother slid me the cash so it was FREEEEEE.
Evangelion Kubricks - You Can (Not) Collect Them All.

I hate to spend money, but I love getting new things...
gphbS3P.jpg

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - The Movie [Blu-ray Disc Limited Edition] (Japanese Import, not the imported version from Aniplex USA)
Cowboy Bebop Box 1 (UK Blu-ray)

Hc8oW6P.jpg

The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (US Blu-ray)
Journey Collector's Edition (German PlayStation 3 game)

ZWmoliE.jpg

Hanasaku Iroha ~ Blossoms for Tomorrow ~ Volume 2 Premium Edition (US Blu-ray/DVD-Box)

Vortex566

Celebrated my birthday a few days ago. Not a bad haul.

RvJqvsU.jpg

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable w/ 2M Red Ortofon cartridge & Acryl-It platter - My parents gifted me a new money pit in the form of vinyl. Wonderful sounding turntable and now I can finally play all the LP's I've been accumulating for the last couple of years.
XRGB-mini Framemeister Upscanner - B'day present to myself as I've wanted one for a while and used that as a flimsy excuse to justify the purchase. Makes all my old consoles not look like ass on my Bravia. RGB cables incoming for even sexier results.
New Super Luigi U Wii U - Got this and Pikmin from a couple of mates, well chuffed.
Pikmin 3 Wii U - No garden shot but I did add some parsley because I am an artistic photographer master.
Caladrius 360 - SHOOT THE CORE.
Undercover Cops SFC - Another Grail GET. $500+ on eBay? Bollocks to that, got this for $150 boxed and mint direct from Japan. And then my younger brother slid me the cash so it was FREEEEEE.
Evangelion Kubricks - You Can (Not) Collect Them All.

Would love to know your thoughts!

Ban Puncher

Would love to know your thoughts!

Put it this way - if you can live without Duck Hunt and other lightgun games, hurl all your heavy Trinatrons out the nearest window and get a Framemeister. It's the best retro gaming related purchase I've made in years. The ease of having everything output via HDMI whilst accommodating a variety of input connections and a host of options to tweak the picture in nearly every imaginable way makes it worth the considerable price of admission in my opinion. It's also, for better or worse, re-ignited my passion for retro gaming and collecting which had cooled in recent years. I can't wait to get my hands on the RGB 21 pin cables I have coming in the post for a selection of consoles. Highly recommended.

Check out this video by site member Yakumo to see the Framemeister in action and put through it's paces. I bought mine from him, here's a link to his sale post on the Buy/Sell thread. Top bloke.

A few new shirts were necessary here in Germany, having constantly 35°C and more.

Comic Book Time! I have just finished Batman: Court of owls, was pretty awesome. Hawkeye is great as ever! Looking forward to The Wake #1 & #2, Waids Daredevil TPB1 and Saga TPB1.

And finally I have gotten myself a new used iPhone 4. It's my first Apple device. Liking it a lot.

/brofist. I have a 9two5. Absolutely love Landyachtz boards.
Looks like a nice board, hadn't heard of it. I'm loving mine so far, it's great for cruising because it's so low to the ground and I love the locked in feel the concave/foot pockets gave me for the little downhill I've tried. Only downside so far is that my complete setup is quite on the heavy side. Fortunately it spends most time on the ground under my feet, but the times I have to carry it it can become a bit annoying sometimes.

What kind of trucks/wheels do you have? I'm planning on getting some Bear Grizzly 852's with either Orangatang Stimulus wheels or Zombie Hawgs 76mm (afraid I might get wheelbite with these though). For bearings I've already planned to get Bones Reds, they should suffice.

JxTILrQ.jpg

Picked up the SSD yesterday and spent most of last night weeding out large files (damn you, Steam library) and generally tidying up my boot drive for cloning across. Samsung's data migration software was a bit fussy, but I got there in the end. My jaw dropped when I saw how fast Win7 now boots up. Why on earth didn't I get an SSD for my desktop sooner?

JxTILrQ.jpg

Picked up the SSD yesterday and spent most of last night weeding out large files (damn you, Steam library) and generally tidying up my boot drive for cloning across. Samsung's data migration software was a bit fussy, but I got there in the end. My jaw dropped when I saw how fast Win7 now boots up. Why on earth didn't I get an SSD for my desktop sooner?

3035927-internet_bro_fist.jpg

Welcome to the club, bro! Proud Samsung 840 Pro 256GB owner here!

Shawn128

A few new shirts were necessary here in Germany, having constantly 35°C and more.

Comic Book Time! I have just finished Batman: Court of owls, was pretty awesome. Hawkeye is great as ever! Looking forward to The Wake #1 & #2, Waids Daredevil TPB1 and Saga TPB1.

And finally I have gotten myself a new used iPhone 4. It's my first Apple device. Liking it a lot.

Been thinking about picking up Saga for the longest time. How is it?

Yasawas

Just a couple of hundred hours worth of handheld stuff and a free PS+ code, thank you NowTV.

I try to only buy US and Japanese DS games because I like their boxes better so I was happy to get 64 for about £7 in that condition, have NSMB coming from Japan for the same price too.

nny

OBJECTION!!

"I object to the fact that the 3DS is region-locked and this game does not have an English translation:"

"Do you know what I don't object to? This lovely 3DS pouch:"

In other pick-up news, I got a guide/artbook for Gravity Rush/Daze (wish it had more pages of illustrations, they're great):

More VC games for my EarthBound machine:

Mokubba

Indeed it is. Back down that way next week for the Rio Ferdinand Testimonial.

Apologies for scruffy nails, they are my mates. Dirty git.

Also some Air Max 1's.

Nice OG AM1's

OBJECTION!!

"I object to the fact that the 3DS is region-locked and this game does not have an English translation:"

In other pick-up news, I got a guide/artbook for Gravity Rush/Daze (wish it had more pages of illustrations, they're great):

More VC games for my EarthBound machine:

Never seen that Gravity Rush book before. Where did you get it from?

As for my pick-ups, I made a couple of AF1 iD's and bought a Rodina Watch.

Dat Buttery Suede

Some pick-ups for August so far..
My birthday is in August, So i'm expecting quite the pick up this month.

This arrived Friday,

Railgun manga - volumes 1-7
eZNY34E.jpg

And these arrived earlier today,

Technika Tune and Muramasa Rebirth CE; I had to import these, luckily no custom charges D:
TuFOLJW.jpg

-PXG-

When did a physical copy of DJ Max come out in the the US. I thought we only got digital only? WAT!?!?!?

HardRojo

OBJECTION!!

I need this, do you know how much it costs to import it to the US? If the LE is still available that is...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
When did a physical copy of DJ Max come out in the the US. I thought we only got digital only? WAT!?!?!?

Came out back in November or December, when the digital version came out. There were a bunch of delays, it was only sold at the manufacturer's site (though they sold it on Amazon as a 3rd party seller, as well), and it was $50, so like... very few people bought it.

Came out back in November or December, when the digital version came out. There were a bunch of delays, it was only sold at the manufacturer's site (though they sold it on Amazon as a 3rd party seller, as well), and it was $50, so like... very few people bought it.

I got mine from a Canadian site
VideoGamesPlus
'Cos it was cheaper to import to the UK.

plc268

So I bought the new Nexus 7. I really like it, and as a tablet it's a much better form factor than my 10in ipad.

9432081866_c4f8764774.jpg

And then, I bought a new router. It's the most expensive router I've ever bought. I'm accustomed to buying $40 cheapie routers.

9432082422_3e89a5e2fc_c.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
A new longboard deck. Landyachtz 2013 Switchblade 40.

With everything assembled. Still have Globe trucks/wheels/bearings from my old longboard, but I'm planning on upgrading those the coming weeks.
Looks sick! I just got a Landyatchz Switchblade 36 last December and it's the best board I have ever ridden.

zmet

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '95 (new) and Fire Pro Gaiden: Blazing Tornado (new)

The Fog and The Incredible Melting Man

Sega SG-1000 30th Anniversary Collection

SG-1000, Mark III, and SMS game soundtracks in this collection are: Congo Bongo, Star Jacker, Sega Yakyuu Game, Sindbad Mystery, Champion Boxing, Flicky, Girl's Garden, Zaxxon, Dragon Wang, Zoom 909, Doki Doki Penguin Land, Hang-on, Ghost House, BLACK BELT (import and domestic versions + 1 arranged track), Action Fighter, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Ashura, Space Harrier, Woody Pop - Shinjinrui no Block Kuzugi, Great Volleyball, Outrun, Nazca '88, SDI, Afterburner, Phantasy Star

Top Bottom