• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

My Oneplus One arrived today.

iDnEQMAIV3eDt.jpg

its a bit big though.

Acid08

Banned
Found a Gunpla place in San Jose today(Tatsu Hobby, they have an online store with a pretty decent selection too) and ended up walking out with this:

MG Turn A and a couple Gundam markers for panel lining. Wing Gundam Fenice, Crossbone X1, and F91 are all on their way too.

RIP me.

JEKKI

noooooooooooooooo~~~!!!

I'm super bummed out coz I heard that the one and the only COACH KEVIN was in socal and I didnt get the chance to hang out or go to the BIMP meetup ;_;

on the brighter side, I did pick up this sweet tshirt!!

10499174_338902926264756_1197738173_n.jpg

as well as a megadrive one coz I mega and I drive!

10518177_709640995751337_1549320924_n.jpg

and I got a new CD that came with a hoodie and autograph!!

10597252_708452465889621_2053938355_n.jpg

-edit.. Changed upload sites

I was in my local BookOff bookstore with my wife and came across what looked to be someone's Sega Saturn RPG collection in the bargain bin. Everything was in perfect, complete packaging. I ended up only buying the things I thought I'd end up playing. I'm not looking to collect the whole Saturn library.

At 108 yen a pop I made a killing.

I always avoided picking this one up either because the slipcover was always faded and damaged or it was missing the slip cover all together. Today I lucked out and grabbed one in mint condition with the memory card labels.

I already had a copy of ElHazard but my original got mangled by my son. Just like Rayearth it was in mint condition. Totally stoked. Now all I want is a copy of Nadesico and Slayers and I think I'll be good with my anime Saturn game collection...

Bu8CAECIMAAR9_G.jpg:large

Just came back from Japan, so I have a few goodies this month :) Hightlights are my Youkai Watch 3DS and games (Youkai Watch, Pokemon X, Gundam Tryage SP and both Taiko no Tatsujin games) and a boxed copy of Tetris Battle Gaiden.

Also picked up Sengoku Basara 4 because I need more Masamune English in my life.

Eolz

New headset and fangamer shirt.
Previous was a Corsair Vengeance 1500, was great, lasted more than two years, but wanted something new when it broke earlier this week.

My first post to show us your gaming goods!

I've recently finished building my new gaming PC. I currently have it sitting on crap vanity type desk (it came with my rented apartment) but I'm super pleased with everything else. Also, new comfy chair for those long gaming sessions!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Sim from T-mobile isn't in yet, so I haven't been able to test voice calling. One weird quick in a couple hours of play is that it dropped from my 5GHz wireless network, claiming to be avoiding a weak connection. 2.4GHz has been fine.

Nice phone. I signed up on the site to get an invite.... But my estimations put me being selected sometime in 2016.

Evo X

Picked up a few things for my PC recently.

HumanScale Freedom Chair. Most comfortable office chair I've ever owned. I'm pretty much in front of my PC all day because of work and games so I figured it was worth the investment.

Oculus DK2. Super cool tech. Even my non gaming family and friends have had their minds blown with this thing.

Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches. My first mechanical keyboard. SO MUCH better than the rubber dome shit I've been using my whole life!

Caayn

My first post to show us your gaming goods!

I've recently finished building my new gaming PC. I currently have it sitting on crap vanity type desk (it came with my rented apartment) but I'm super pleased with everything else. Also, new comfy chair for those long gaming sessions!
Specs please :D

Azzurri

noooooooooooooooo~~~!!!

I'm super bummed out coz I heard that the one and the only COACH KEVIN was in socal and I didnt get the chance to hang out or go to the BIMP meetup ;_;

on the brighter side, I did pick up this sweet tshirt!!

10499174_338902926264756_1197738173_n.jpg

Link to the tshirt?

Specs please :D

It's a bit of a beast :)

Case
Corsair Graphite 600TM Midi Tower Mesh Windowed Case - Black

PSU
Corsair 860W AX860i 80PLUS Platinum High Performance Digital PSU

CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor

Cooler
Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

MOBO
Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI FORMULA Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Memory
Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit

SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

HDD
Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD

GPU
3gb evga gtx 780 ti dual bios classified

Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Elite Mechanical USB Keyboard

Mouse
Razer Deathadder 2013 Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

Monitor
27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift

Gaming Surface
Razer Destructor 2 Expert Gaming Mouse Mat

Other
Asus ROG Front Base Dual Bay Gaming Panel - Fan & System Controller

OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Chair
AK Racing Gaming chair - Black

AristoCat

Oh wow, seeing those prices makes me very happy with my ISP. €40 for 120/12mbps with everything included such as phone/HD channels. Still jealous of Csokis's 1Gbps connection .....
You'll survive the generation :p

I pay 19€ for the exact same things you describe ;)

But yeah even if it's quite good, 1Gbps sounds like a dream.

Rest in peace, money.
I bought Princess Mononoke for a friend last Christmas and let's just say that I'd be broke if I were a Studio Ghibli fan...
Yeah, you have no idea. In between taking that photo and posting it here, I ordered 9 more. I'll have everything at least. I ordered three last month too. At least there aren't any more to spend money on, haha.

Armaly

Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches. My first mechanical keyboard. SO MUCH better than the rubber dome shit I've been using my whole life!

How are the leds on your k70? I've been thinking about buying one but have heard lots of stories of dead leds either on arrival or 1-2 weeks after use.

bobawesome

Yeah, you have no idea. In between taking that photo and posting it here, I ordered 9 more. I'll have everything at least. I ordered three last month too. At least there aren't any more to spend money on, haha.

Oh, I'm aware. The weeaboo avatar does not lie.

Well, with one collection out of the way, how about saving up for another?

Kaname

:D

Sadly not stable, yet. Here is the another test:

3689241582.png

Btw 6700HUF/month (~22EUR/29USD) this 1000/100Mbit NET here, in Hungary! :)

Damn that's some sick stuff!
Just wondering though, what's the price weight compared to the average salary there? 22€ a month is a damn steal but I guess it sounds so amazing only because it's a straight up value conversion, not proportional to the actual cost of living.
If it's still effing cheap, well, time to move to Hungary lol

neoxdonut

Found one of these "World of nintendo" figures at my local Target finally, now to visit again next week to see if they get the Link figure back in stock.

OnE48VA.jpg

and I also found a Kirby shirt while out with my brother.

anNoo8Yl.jpg

One Piece Unlimited World Red
s0oRztDl.jpg

Does food count as a pickup too? Chicken fries are back at BurgerKing.
yqlbr6Pl.jpg

Evo X

How are the leds on your k70? I've been thinking about buying one but have heard lots of stories of dead leds either on arrival or 1-2 weeks after use.

I picked it up 5 days ago, and they all seem to be functioning at this point. Can't speak for how long they will last.

On another note, picked up a whole bunch of stuff for my home theater/console setup in the basement.

Reclining leather movie theater style couches.

Klipsh Reference RF-62 speakers paired with an SVS PB-2000 sub woofer running through a Denon AVR-X1100W 7.2 receiver.

Work great with the Panasonic VT-60 and really bring games & movies to life.

ibg1kJAZbhiLo5.jpg

• Piano sheet music from Canadian musician Chilly Gonzales
• Guitar picks from legendary soul record label Stax Records
• Nintendo 2DS (almost 60% off MSRP)
• Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS)
• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
• Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia (PS2)
• Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica (PS2)

I got a little box from Amazon todayyyyyyyyyyyy. Nier artbook and 2 soundtracks. I fucking love Nier. How and why did Square Enix let this game go under the radar?

I'm getting the Piano Collections too, but it's coming from Japan and will take awhile.

I was in my local BookOff bookstore with my wife and came across what looked to be someone's Sega Saturn RPG collection in the bargain bin.

Oh sweet jesus how I miss Book-Off. Like, an infinite amount of retro treasure for 100 yen a pop. It was so good to me.

Seems legit:
q07sRBj.jpg

What is this unholy thing?? Someone please tell me because google images is not giving me a result. EDIT: oh, it's a bootleg? I didn't even know they had SNES bootlegs and I sell a lot of retro games.

Brad Dukes - Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks

iJBR8DKmjcR6c.jpg

Well on my way to finishing the Twin Peaks Blu Ray set, diving straight into this when I'm finished.

The Twin peaks bluray set is out already?? I've been asleep at the wheel. That thing has been rumored for years, right?

I have the Gold Box already.... do I need to upgrade?

Top Bottom