• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Went to some used game stores over the holiday since I was visiting relatives in a different state. Was able to find some good stuff for a decent price

3384310b.jpg

efeman

Banned
this guy at customer service is straight up being a jerk asshole to me.

I'm all there like chill bro, u work at fukkyn Target... jus give me my online price adjustment -_-

QwusQMi.jpg

I have that same one. Do your skin a favor, and do NOT use the end that's pointing up in the pic, for any part of your body. Just use the other end, take off the adjustable part for places like underarm that you might want as short as possible, and put it at the lowest height for "down there".

...unless you absolutely need a baby butt smooth finish, or are masochistic.

isny

napkin dispenser
I can't believe I've been running this thread for 7+ years now. lol.

I seriously want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and to thank you for participating in this fun thread.

Happy new year too MarkMan! Thanks for your continued hard work on this thread!

I was worried I wouldn't get any of my photos in the collage this year (as I'm a poor student now and bought almost nothing,) after having two of my photos in last years collage, but you managed to come up with an even more awesome banner for the thread! Hahaha!

Happy New Year, guys!

Philips NMS 8245 (MSX2). Came with CIB King's Valley II and Penguin Adventure (and some other really neat stuff I had never even seen before)

New Super Luigi U (Wii U): had to pick it up before it goes OOP.
Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Wii)
Monkey Island Special Edition Collection, Puppeteer (PS3)
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
Metal Gear (NES) (PAL A)

PS3 BluRay remote control
Monster Hunter Illustrations: what a wonderful book this is. Already got the second one preordered.

wilflare

Happy New Year, guys!

Philips NMS 8245 (MSX2). Came with CIB King's Valley II and Penguin Adventure (and some other really neat stuff I had never even seen before)

New Super Luigi U (Wii U): had to pick it up before it goes OOP.
Inazuma Eleven Strikers (Wii)
Monkey Island Special Edition Collection, Puppeteer (PS3)
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
Metal Gear (NES) (PAL A)

PS3 BluRay remote control
Monster Hunter Illustrations: what a wonderful book this is. Already got the second one preordered.

how much did you get Super Luigi U for? wondering if I should buy it off eShop instead

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Happy new year too MarkMan! Thanks for your continued hard work on this thread!

I was worried I wouldn't get any of my photos in the collage this year (as I'm a poor student now and bought almost nothing,) after having two of my photos in last years collage, but you managed to come up with an even more awesome banner for the thread! Hahaha!

Haha, I wanted to do the collage! But got lazy.

I love you.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
11689405565_4970de65fe_o.jpg

My first pick up in 2014, I hope it's not a mistake.

There's some trials in there and some games I'll probably never touch but I'm happy with this month. Especially for Steins;Gate despite finishing it 100% already on PSP it's nice to have it on dat OLED screen and you'll see why next.

The Steins;Gate Movie Limited Edition bluray pressing with first release bonus <3

aand to top it all off one of the secret santa presents I got on another forum, the official movie guidebook :D

I've got the Okabe Figma and the Kurisu white coat figma in the mail to me currently, nerding the hell out since it's my favourite series and Steins;Gate is one of my favourite games ever.
jealous D: awesome pick up

how much did you get Super Luigi U for? wondering if I should buy it off eShop instead

£25.03. Not particularly cheap, I just didn't want to miss out on this release, because Nintendo will only print the NSMU + NSLU combo going forward.

You'll likely be able to get it cheaper either through eShop or through the aforementioned combo pack.

My pickups of last year were...

DSC_0912.jpg

JVC DLA RS55 4K Lite projector... I Love everything about this projector. After going back and forth between this and the Sony VPL VW95, I settled on this, and it was a great choice.

Now that we sold our last house, I get to buy another projector :) Oh and it leads into the second pickup...

IMG_0020_zpse7b4e102.jpg

A new house (again)... We bought a new build townhouse (as our first house). We waited till it was build... We moved in, and we LOVED it. Till we decided to have a child. The more stuff we bought, was the more we realized that we could use more space... We decided to try and find a new house, or stick around till the following year.

We ended up finding this new build just down the street from where we bought our townhouse...

And saving the best for last...
IMG_0548_zps4ef268a6.jpg

My little bundle of joy... I can't believe that she's now 7 months old...

Overall it was a wonderful year, and I can't wait to see what 2014 has to offer...

Cdammen

Just got home from the new year's break and found these two in my mail.

1388601694-IMG_7085.jpg

Love how charming Luigi's Mansion is, but I kinda dislike Jim Lee's style. Too much ass and posturing, it looks cool but the exaggeration is a liiiiittle too much for me. Still, good story.

AMAZEBALLS craigslist pickup for a ridiculously good price.

yKIU7s8l.jpg

RypAgfil.jpg

Highlights: Mega Man 7, Earthbound, Boxed Super Metroid, 4 NES Mega Man games.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That reminded me! How could I forget!

This is without a doubt my pick-up of the year!

941176_10151480098528883_97056744_n.jpg

Found it when I was on a business trip.

Yes Boss!

My favorite pick-up from 2013 is probably my RGB-ready Duo-R. Never had a japanese unit (did have an american Duo, two of them, as well as the older original TG-16 CD unit back in the day). PCE is easily my favorite system of all time, despite being a bonafide Nintendo lover. Plus I get to experience the system on he HDVT with the Framemeister, which is insanely cool.

I'm going to spend 2014 and beyond going back to my favorites on the platform as well as find new titles I've missed (things like Gomola Speed!) and shoot for a complete PCE shmup collection over the next few years!

1FAE645D-5D8B-4E70-912D-57E00141D68E-735-0000009F2E8A887C.jpg

braves01

Banned
I was a little disappointed the Wii U edition didn't get translucent side panels like the 360/PS3 ones, but it looks great in person which doesn't quite come through in the stock photos, so I'm really happy with it. I also like that it's basically an S+ in terms of the noir layout, but sans the foam bottom since I prefer an all-metal base. Kudos, MarkMan. Great stick.

2lScORNl.jpg

Ju6oXfOl.jpg

I also got a Mayflash adapter to use my sticks with some PC/PS3 fighters without needing to mod anything, and I got Tatsunoko to go with the stick. TvC is awesome by the way. Now that the Marvel license is gone, I wouldn't mind if Capcom revisited this.
MiMH6ftl.jpg

Vita, courtesy of the Radioshack sale earlier this fall. Not pictured: tons of PS+ stuff and Spelunky.
ivmMJGMl.jpg

Finally, a little reminder from Nintendo that I spent too much on their products last year.
g17fohVl.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wow is that complete? Do you mind my asking how much and where you found it?

I got it while I was on a business trip in the East Coast. It is complete and was $250 dollars when I purchased it.

I was a little disappointed the Wii U edition didn't get translucent side panels like the 360/PS3 ones, but it looks great in person which doesn't quite come through in the stock photos, so I'm really happy with it. I also like that it's basically an S+ in terms of the noir layout, but sans the foam bottom since I prefer an all-metal base. Kudos, MarkMan. Great stick.

I'm glad you like it! We went with white because we never offered the S sides in white before and we wanted it to be a throwback to the original TE stick / Namco Arcade Stick. In fact, we finished development on the Wii U version of the arcade stick first before the console one. Our PS3/360 TTT2 stick didn't launch at the same time as the PS3/360 launch of the games.

Bassun

Been quite an expensive few weeks for me.

Bought an iPad Air with a smart cover and a twelve south compass stand.

A Pochette Gavotte sleeve for the iPad off etsy.

A new wireless keyboard to replace my previous one that died out.

A PS4

An extra controller, NBA 2K14 and Lollipop Chainsaw

And my very first hdtv, a 50" Samsung LED (along with the stand and rug below)

jayvo

Bought a Wii U right before Christmas, and since I missed the entire Wii generation of games, I picked these up. Have only played Metroid Other M so far and I freaking love that game.

coughlanio

Not a whole lot of crazy purchases last year, but here are the highlights:

Obligatory PS4

4UCOdwa.jpg

HTPC/Gaming PC, only have an AMD A4-4000 APU in there right now, but I'll be putting in a 7850K when they launch in two weeks. Should be beastly with the 2400Mhz DDR3.

q98kaTx.jpg

A new TV stand, modest, but I'm proud of my setup:

vVrtQ8Q.jpg

Most of my discretionary expendiature for 2013 went towards travelling (My new years resolution was to travel more). Along the way, I met some incredible people, and saw incredible things, which I consider my pickups of 2013.

Barcelona

7n9D5wE.jpg

Lisbon, in the Irishest of pubs, with the least Irish people I could find..

acShf1H.jpg

2014 will be a continuation of 2013 for me. Already have my first vacation planned for the end of this month.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First, my newest and first pickup for 2014:

I've never had the chance to play these games, so I'm really really excited about it. For just over $40, I now own what are considered to be some of the best Mario games around. Should be a lot of fun!

And my best of 2013:

vxCHl0C.jpg

Koppai

SonicGenerations.jpg

My first pick up in 2014, I hope it's not a mistake.

It's only a mistake if you paid full price for it, otherwise I think if you got it on sale it's probably okay. I was hoping it would be good like Generations but meh.

Metroid Other M.jpg
Bought a Wii U right before Christmas, and since I missed the entire Wii generation of games, I picked these up. Have only played Metroid Other M so far and I freaking love that game.

I think you are the first person I have seen to ever say you love that freaking game O_O

It's awesome that you have a huge backlog of games to play on the Wii now, be sure to get Mario Galaxy :) Also you can find a bunch of them cheap except for the more rare ones. I think the XSEED Games you can buy from their website so The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, etc. Also look in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread for great deals. <3

zmet

Loose Fortified Zone and ADK Soundtrack Collection

Game soundtracks in this four disc collection: Ninja Combat(MVS), Ninja Commando(MVS), Magician Lord(MVS), Twinkle Star Sprites(MVS & NCD), Raguy/Blue's Journey(MVS), Ninja Master's(MVS), Gang Wars(ARC), Sky Adventure(ARC)

jayvo

Metroid Other M.jpg

I think you are the first person I have seen to ever say you love that freaking game O_O

Yeah I get that from everyone else on the internet too. However, Other M is my very first Metroid game........so........there's that too.

Loose Fortified Zone and ADK Soundtrack Collection

Game soundtracks in this four disc collection: Ninja Combat(MVS), Ninja Commando(MVS), Magician Lord(MVS), Twinkle Star Sprites(MVS & NCD), Raguy/Blue's Journey(MVS), Ninja Master's(MVS), Gang Wars(ARC), Sky Adventure(ARC)

Very nice! I have that ADK soundtrack coming, can't wait!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Updated the OP! We now have double headers. Reprising his role from last year is MRORANGE with his rendition of the pick up post header...

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

Pbae

Trying to set up a modest music/theater setup for the apartment.

YBDcXhe.jpg

Pro-ject Debut III

8UrR0ZZ.jpg

Harmon/Kardon AVR1565

vNm55Dd.jpg

Focal 705V

Mk5QUIF.jpg

Mice and Mystics (It's great fun :D)

Top Bottom