• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

CR-18

Neo Member
I received Nba2k14 for xbox one as Christmas gift but after hearing here in Gaf that the 2k servers were awful. I decided to return it and get store credit at walmart and since they had the black 3ds on sale for $149.99 I decided to pull the trigger I end up paying $94 for a brand new 3dsxl. I also pick Zelda up even tought i haven't play zelda since I was a kid Im looking forward to.

Seik

Banned
Dat PCE Duo...dayum. Lords of Thunder, that's taste you got there! :D

Well, I'm done with the cheap sound from my TV. As a first pick-up of the year I wanted to upgrade it a bit.

JseffuR.jpg

Installing it right now, can't wait to hear the results. :)

Azzurri

Dat PCE Duo...dayum. Lords of Thunder, that's taste you got there! :D

Well, I'm done with the cheap sound from my TV. As a first pick-up of the year I wanted to upgrade it a bit.

JseffuR.jpg

Installing it right now, can't wait to hear the results. :)

I've heard that Sony SB is really good.

some late Christmas gifts:

photo3_zpsb2baf0ba.jpg

Shoryuken.com's secret santa gifts

photo2_zpsaff28cf7.jpg

1 year ps+ from my friend (70" tv came as a late gift from my parents)

photo4_zps75994798.jpg

white elephant gift. i thought it was just the chia pet until i opened it and found 2 movie tickets and a $20 gift card for some snacks

photo1_zpseed268de.jpg

gifts from the lovely girlfriend.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Switch from what? i am confused.

Nice picture .
Wanted to switch my Pioneer 5020fd for a new Sony 4k was about to pull the trigger last week but the lack of content at the moment and the fact that it would primary be for gaming. But in the store I found the pictures jaw dropping btw
But for 720p upscaled to 1080p content ( because of your pic) I think I made a good decision it still look good on my old Kuro.

Seik

Banned
I've heard that Sony SB is really good.

It is, well, there is better out there, that's for sure.

I don't need a 300W+ sound system, I live in a condo and my goal ain't to piss my neighbors. I just want better sound quality compared to the shitty stock TV speakers I had. It's installed since a bit and it does a wonderful job and it only cost 150$ since it's on sale.

No regrets. :)

EDIT: Trying Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Xenoblade to put it to the real test. :D

Wanted to switch my Pioneer 5020fd for a new Sony 4k was about to pull the trigger last week but the lack of content at the moment and the fact that it would primary be for gaming. But in the store I found the pictures jaw dropping btw
But for 720p upscaled to 1080p content ( because of your pic) I think I made a good decision it still look good on my old Kuro.

Keep in mind that is an iphone pic and in no way should you go from that off screen pic, I took a quick pic and it looks much much better.

Cropped iphone pic.

Kuro is a great TV.

Thanks

Gamble

this guy at customer service is straight up being a jerk asshole to me.

I'm all there like chill bro, u work at fukkyn Target... jus give me my online price adjustment -_-

QwusQMi.jpg

LOL! Best resolution ever
actually not a bad idea either.....off to target i go

My PC Engine Duo R from doujindance just arrived from Japan!

Time to play some Bomberman 93, Lords of Thunder, and Blazing Lazers!!! Going to do some videos of the games I have on the youtube page: http://youtube.com/backinmyplay

Let's do this!!!

Ugh. I want a Duo R so hard.

Last time I saw Doujindance selling one it was disgusting and yellow unfortunately. That said I may just buy a good condition one and mod it myself, it's fairly simple.

Would look amaze next to my HST-3210 Saturn too, and maybe an FM Towns Marty in future.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Why? Run that Kuro into the ground. Great tv.

Yes Boss!

Got a couple of cute small 14" PVMs. I've been trying to decide what to put on them. Finally decided on doing a side-by-side RGB-Fami and RGB-Super Fami for a classic Nintendo setup.

MRORANGE

Updated the OP! We now have double headers. Reprising his role from last year is MRORANGE with his rendition of the pick up post header...

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

Ah whoops!!! didn't know you had another header as well. No hard feelings if you want to get rid of mine.

This is what I picked up that should have come last month ):

ibmqQ31PELlxc.JPG

iqnX33iWIlvYb.JPG
ibpzAAdOpkAW7h.JPG

iTOMf63idw04x.JPG
ibtifEUmvk6veQ.JPG

So I walk into a Value Village today and am confronted with tons of cheap copies of Nintendo Power. I actually have most of the first 10 years of the magazine, but some of these issues I didn't have and some others were in better condition than my old ones. Most of these packages had at least 2 issues in them, some 3.

Is there a collectible market for these yet? I'm pretty sure I have a good 12-13 years worth of these and was only missing the second issue (I think it was Castlevania?).

Also, it is insane that as soon as I saw those covers I got extremely nostalgic. I used to lose sleep the few days before the new issue would arrive as a kid.

My "best" (and only) of 2013!

PlayStation Vita Tearaway bundle with LittleBigPlanet & 16GB memory card + The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Collectors Edition: Prima's Official Game Guide

#CHRISTMAS

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy

Persona 4 Golden for PlayStation Vita + Catch'm Holiday! tee by dreweyes + Mega64 10th Anniversary Blu-Ray Collection (also available in Betamax)

Ada + Curie

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS handheld video game console system + The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U home video game console system
BZnSCeQCAAAMP90.jpg:large

wilflare

Ah whoops!!! didn't know you had another header as well. No hard feelings if you want to get rid of mine.

This is what I picked up that should have come last month ):

ibmqQ31PELlxc.JPG

iqnX33iWIlvYb.JPG
ibpzAAdOpkAW7h.JPG

iTOMf63idw04x.JPG
ibtifEUmvk6veQ.JPG

where did you get that Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 man? been trying to find one

I haven't bought anything worth taking a picture this month, so here are some stuff from 2013. This was a really expensive year...

Perfection

Replaced my almost ten year old phone

Started my MSG: The Origin collection

Actually spent some money on myself. Bought new suits and other apparel.

Bought a new console and lots of games, mostly for the PSVita.

This month I only bought a replacement fan for my fat PS3 60GB. I need my GT6 fix, and that thing is overheating with the game lol

My new year's resolution is I'll start to invest more in my curriculum. You can never learn enough.

Atolm

So I've been a PS3 owner for the most part of this gen and I bought a PS4 day one, but by now you can already tell that most stores in my country (Spain, which is a country dominated by Sony) want to get rid of Xbox 360 stock as soon as possible, so I've decided to Jump in really, really late to play the exclusives. Picked a 250GB Slim E with Halo 4 and Tomb Raider for 160€, and a few games.

YPU3wMLl.jpg

Thankfully I haven't played either RDR or Bayonetta on PS3 waiting for this very moment.

Top Bottom