• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

I went to a new game store nearby, and picked these up:

-San Francisco Rush 2049 (N64)
-Star Wars: Rebel Assault (Sega CD)

ibmLukO6S0R5Zr.jpg

I also just ordered Gundam Extreme Vs. (PS3) and Virtual-On Force (Xbox 360) from Amazon.

Jamie OD

5A7C3012-711F-4635-B206-F12442B69897_zpsj6ogozjq.jpg

Kind of went crazy importing soundtracks from Japan during Christmas. The Mario Galaxy one is from the European Club Nintendo stars shop.

My best 2014 pickup (Metroid Prime Trilogy sealed for 5 euros)

Christmas gifts (Persona Q not shown):

Three 3DS eshop pickups this January, Attack of the Friday Monsters, Crimson Shroud and the DLC for Fantasy Life.

Sorry for big pictures!

nekobi

Technically got these in Dec for Christmas but only just now getting around to posting them. :)

1.jpg

Japanese Wii U + Hori Taiko arcade controller! :D I love it SO MUCH! <3 <3 I completely splurged on this overpriced thing, but I really miss the arcade machines in Japan, so I find it worth it.

2.jpg

This month's import game pick-ups. Still haven't yet opened FF Explorers as Youkai Watch is currently taking all of my gaming time.

3.jpg

And had to post this. The giant pixel art treasure chest everything was packed in on Christmas morning, hehe. ^-^

glaurung

2015jan02.jpg

Well, not really. All joking aside, finally pulled the trigger that had been itching for 18 months. My new TV is a 55" Sony Bravia (55X9005B). Why is it on the floor? Because my old Bravia, which although smaller, weighs more and is impossible to lift just by myself. I could lift the new one with no problems.
TV is going into a repairshop today. ):

There are two vertical lines displayed at all times on every screen. Either a display panel or backlight issue. Not happy. Transporting this behemoth is horrible.

There are two vertical lines displayed at all times on every screen. Either a display panel or backlight issue. Not happy. Transporting this behemoth is horrible.

That blows. Surely sony should replace it on the spot?

glaurung

That blows. Surely sony should replace it on the spot?
I don't know what they do. I do know that the Sony reseller here uses two third party repairshops, so they will take the TV there, those guys will probably fuck with the set and then provide an opinion.

Of course I would prefer if they replaced the device outright. But I know that they do not have these models at hand in abundance over here.

If they start taking a piss, I have a 14 day refund policy to fall back on. But I also do want that TV. Here's a shot of the defect in action - depending on screen content, there are two vertical lines that run across the entire screen.

Doombear

A few things from the Holidays and just after!

i6RsJdwvml5Lf.png

Some new games for our little game night. Played Abyss last night for the first time and it was a lot of fun! It seems so complex at first, but is actually extremely simple.

ibkThN5Q4L0uXs.png

A few games and a few movies. Not shown here is the duh pickup of Guardians of the Galaxy. Also grabbed MGS:GZ and Nidhogg from the recent PSN sale, and a new Samsung 48 H6350 to play em all on when my sad old TV started switching Input Source at random times.

This makes me happiest though. It really is packed with great art and way more 'commentary' than I expected.
iSTnxxAAiOgsG.png

Whomeam

Neo Member
First pickup thread post! And third overall!

Finally decided to pick it up. Been wanting to play something different and it seemed like the right time to do it. Need to find some more zany and fun games, as well as RPGs, which is the main reason I picked the system up. Also, Pokemon because... Pokemon.
10912921_10205670072091130_1718360687_n_zps2b4fba6b.jpg

Moldiver

Time to start the new build, haven't finalised my components but have the case and it was on offer so picked it up.

Dat Matte

1d69e9af-fa91-444e-9d10-676962297b01_zps61752643.jpg

DSC04624_zpsb5197849.jpg

My pickups from December! So I got Disney Infinity on a Black Friday sale, and I asked for a lot of Disney Infinity figures for Christmas, and my family certainly delivered! There's only a couple 2.0 Marvel Figures I don't have, and most of the Disney ones I don't want (No thank you, Maleficent and Merida).

Plus, some neat game deals and Christmas gifts.

Ycvg8BA.jpg

Technically got these in Dec for Christmas but only just now getting around to posting them. :)

1.jpg

Japanese Wii U + Hori Taiko arcade controller! :D I love it SO MUCH! <3 <3 I completely splurged on this overpriced thing, but I really miss the arcade machines in Japan, so I find it worth it.

2.jpg

This month's import game pick-ups. Still haven't yet opened FF Explorers as Youkai Watch is currently taking all of my gaming time.

3.jpg

And had to post this. The giant pixel art treasure chest everything was packed in on Christmas morning, hehe. ^-^

Wow, did you find somewhere with a deal on the Wii U, Controller and Game?

//ARCANUM

Top 5 of 2014.

oxPvbE1.jpg

hRJbXEz.jpg

Om7XL48.jpg

fMWnG16.jpg

Very nice! I had that Akira print hanging on my wall for a couple years and finally had to sell it when I hit some financial hard times. Was very sad to see it go, being my favorite print I owned. But it was basically $1000 hanging on my wall and I needed the money. Glad you've got one! (and there were only like 180 of them ever made I think!)

What's crazy is I was at the event where they were sold for $60. I had a bunch of friends who could have bought them and passed on doing so. They definitely kicked themselves later for that one. (They could have bought 2 even, a regular and a variant, so they threw away 2 grand.)

edit - that ghost in the shell is gorgeous btw, I want one of those.

Picked up some cheap DS games from Gamestop. Pretty sure I am the first person to play Henry Hatsworth on a New Nintendo 3DS.

Also some good deals from eBay:

uggh i bought alot of digital games this season. Its almost like, if i buy digital, i don't feel like i legit own the game. I like to have the game box on my shelf. Do any of you feel this way as well? I bought like 7 games digital that had retail releases.

dodgeme

Have not posted my game pick ups in a while so I got a few of these in late december but heres my recent additions. Had to get Oneechanbara even though I don't understand a lick of Japanese, fun as hell to pointlessly hack and slash though.

WarAdept

I can't wait till I get home from work so I can post all 50 bajillion Amiibos I got for Christmas and while on holiday in Canada and South Korea.

I don't know what they do. I do know that the Sony reseller here uses two third party repairshops, so they will take the TV there, those guys will probably fuck with the set and then provide an opinion.

Of course I would prefer if they replaced the device outright. But I know that they do not have these models at hand in abundance over here.

If they start taking a piss, I have a 14 day refund policy to fall back on. But I also do want that TV. Here's a shot of the defect in action - depending on screen content, there are two vertical lines that run across the entire screen.

I'd be giving sony a call directly if I was you (I assume you bought it new), it's ridiculous to have a brand new tv in to be repaired.

Sadly, no, but the yen is pretty weak right now so I went for it!

May i ask how much it all cost together?

I would love this but i already have a Wii U so having a second for this would be pretty extravagant. I loved playing this game in Japan though. it's such a blast.

If your in the UK, that would be classed as an inherent fault and you are well within your rights to demand a replacement and not accept a repair.

illusionary

First pickups of the new year! There are a few sale items on their way to me at the moment, but there's enough here to deserve a new post.

R8AinUD.jpg

That's my Strike collection completed (Desert, Jungle and Urban on SNES; Nuclear and Soviet on PS1), and I'm really happy with the condition of Jungle Strike in particular - it's pretty much mint and had the box protector included by the seller. On that note, I need to buy myself a few more protectors when Sentinel64 have them back in stock...

FFXIII-2 was a birthday gift, and also there is the hardback collectors edition guide for Lightning Returns. While I don't yet have Lightning Returns in my collection, for £2 delivered I couldn't really pass up the guide - and it's a really nice looking book.

Oh, and incredible, FFXIII-2 actually comes with a 'proper' physical manual! :D

wampa1

Neo Member
Coming out of my long time lurking mode...

VeUFGj6.jpg

Here's my Amiibo collection - all through Amazon (and &#12510;&#12523;&#12473; through Nippon-yasan before the prices skyrocketed/went OOS)

Xpkumyz.jpg

Various mostly-survival-horror themed PS3 & Wii games picked up through eBay, Play-Asia, and Bookoff in NYC. Happy to get a very rare copy of Ju-on the Grudge for $30 and Project Zero 2 which never came out here.

vDFToXL.jpg

Some Nintendo World Store pickups - NES t-shirt, NES pouch, Squid plush, and Nendoroid Link was pricey at $45 but it's great quality so definitely no regrets

And some other shots at the Nintendo World Store in NYC, first time in Nintendo Mecca!!

zbaGdDX.jpg

Hr5Qebw.jpg

Amiibos in stock

5JwUaB7.jpg

Game and Watch!

poqBSEP.jpg

Love the Famicom GBA and Gulf War Gameboy

WsDHywr.jpg

Tanooki Mario farting on Link

Koppai

So I ordered a used copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia from GameFly for $14.99 a few weeks ago,

And they sent me the LE:

10882217_10152521918096646_9169634599973160301_n.jpg

Holy shit, wasn't expecting this. I really wanted to try this game, as well as Atelier Rorona, and Drakengard 3 since they were all $14.99 each :D

lem0n

Pokemon X, MVMT Gold watch, and South Park. Got SP for $9.99 at Wal-Mart, price matched K Mart a few days ago

imag0499a0sp7.jpg

Stopped in the pawn shop to see my buddy that works there today, walked out with a Samsung Tab 10.1 for like $80 out the door. Homie hookups are awesome lol. Total impulse buy.

imag05017rskb.jpg

nekobi

May i ask how much it all cost together?

I would love this but i already have a Wii U so having a second for this would be pretty extravagant. I loved playing this game in Japan though. it's such a blast.

It ended up costing ~$680 for the Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle, Taiko no Tatsujin Tokumori, and the Arcade Pro controller. About $100 of that was shipping charges via FedEX. I ordered from Nippon-Yasan. They usually have some pretty awesome pricing but I do warn you that their customer service isn't always the best and sometimes can be downright rude. ^^; But sometimes it's worth it, especially since Play-Asia had the controllers marked up $100+ over retail.

But yeah, it's a lot of money to spend (especially since we already owned a US Wii U) but it's one of my favorite games of all time, so I went for it. I figure there will be other games I'll want to play down the road that won't be released here anyway and if Nintendo ever decides to remove the region locking, I'll just sell my US one.

Megaversy

Neo Member
Traded in my modded '07 328xi(cry). Needed something larger and safer...my fiance and I are having our first baby this summer!
LmXxo1tl.jpg

pKhhkShl.jpg

Top Bottom