• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

Fliesen

Took the girlfriend to NYC over new years.

went to the Nintendo and Lego stores, bought the super cute Wind Waker Link, as well as the all new Lego Star Wars Slave 1.

tIKIc0O.jpg

umg01D0.jpg

1996 pieces, took me 4 hours to build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNMAnmWAbC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0Oy8AMRiQ

also, Nike LeBron denim sneakers.
i feel so baller.

I remember browsing GAF a couple of weeks ago while waiting for my account to be activated (it didn't take as long as I thought it would after hearing some horror stories). I can't remember the exact thread but it was Ridge Racer-related. A lot of people recommended RR2 on the PSP, so I bought it. I don't actually have a PSP to play it on, though. BG:DA2 (along with the original and the Champions games) were some of my favourite on the PS2, so seeing picking up the copy in my local CeX was a no-brainer.

7GOVb84.jpg

SD card for my camera. Saw it was reduced to £13 on Amazon, so I snapped it up.

6vVD6Nw.jpg

Finally picked up a Blu-ray copy of my favourite Asian horror film, along with another that I really like, although it annoys the shit out of me when they're not available on Blu-ray.

hRrTZwH.jpg

Edit: image fail.

Sinthetic

Top picks of 2014:

Panasonic ST60

SZxxXdw.jpg

Nikon D3200 (making a career for myself thanks to this)

qeeJ4gT.jpg

iPhone 6 64GB Gold

nxbVTT9.jpg

Mercedes A180

G3uuNwv.jpg

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Blu-ray BOX

WpLFoyd.jpg

Uzumaki Deluxe Edition Hardback

4KCsbKy.jpg

Rome

6vQLbqV.jpg

_____

End of 2014 Blu-ray pick up overview.

01Ri06k.jpg

Some Steelbooks

zE1NLt0.jpg

Some epic Indian movies

dN8XArv.jpg

Some Masters of Cinema and Criterion

L7PAVRT.jpg

and a cheeky little Little Mac Amiibo.

zn7fwts.jpg

First awesome purchase of 2015:

Coat of the forever

1emk738.jpg

Stay tuned for my enormous haul of Manga when I can be bothered to shoot some pictures instead of reading them.

Nesther

How come your Uzumaki copy has an uncolored spiral? The only ones I can find have a orange-red coloring. Any difference?

illusionary

Going through something of a sci-fi phase at the moment, so here's the Matrix trilogy on Blu-Ray (I've been meaning for a while to upgrade from my DVD of the first film) together with the complete Babylon 5 DVD set.

Alongside those, Tales of Xillia 2 at £20 for the steelbook "day 1 edition" came back in stock at GAME so I jumped on that from the stock alert - clearly they didn't have many as it was soon back out of stock again - and my 64GB microSD card arrived for my Galaxy S5.

fh4yFLe.jpg

BOTEC

Going through something of a sci-fi phase at the moment, so here's the Matrix trilogy on Blu-Ray (I've been meaning for a while to upgrade from my DVD of the first film) together with the complete Babylon 5 DVD set.

Alongside those, Tales of Xillia 2 at £20 for the steelbook "day 1 edition" came back in stock at GAME so I jumped on that from the stock alert - clearly they didn't have many as it was soon back out of stock again - and my 64GB microSD card arrived for my Galaxy S5.

http://i.imgur.com/fh4yFLe.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Wow, awesome Babylon 5 set. Even if the later seasons were of questionable quality, it's still my favorite sci-fi show.

puAbhlP.jpg

sCG2Q44.jpg

First time posting my pickups, started 2014 with a bang. £2 for lightning returns collectors edition guide from GAME and the New 3DS Ambassador Edition. I missed out on the 20th anniversary PS4 which I really wanted so getting my hands on this was really satisfying. Now to decide if I'm actually going to use it or keep it sealed.

Ultima_5

I remember browsing GAF a couple of weeks ago while waiting for my account to be activated (it didn't take as long as I thought it would after hearing some horror stories). I can't remember the exact thread but it was Ridge Racer-related. A lot of people recommended RR2 on the PSP, so I bought it. I don't actually have a PSP to play it on, though. BG:DA2 (along with the original and the Champions games) were some of my favourite on the PS2, so seeing picking up the copy in my local CeX was a no-brainer.

http://i.imgur.com/7GOVb84.jpg[/ig]

SD card for my camera. Saw it was reduced to £13 on Amazon, so I snapped it up.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6vVD6Nw.jpg[/ig]

Finally picked up a Blu-ray copy of my favourite Asian horror film, along with another that I really like, although it annoys the shit out of me when they're not available on Blu-ray.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/hRrTZwH.jpg

Edit: image fail.

Reincarnation is so great

Rockondevil

So I picked up Dragon Age in December and GTA V and the headset last week.
Had Titanfall for a while so that doesn't count.

TfnnwWv.jpg

My partner and I also got a puppy which while may not be a gaming good, she does involve plenty of playtime...

Zqmdlsx.jpg

6Wy71Fo.jpg

Scored a new, sealed copy of Dragon Quest V DS off eBay last week for $39, not bad considering new copies on there usually go for between $60-75. Will be my first ever DQ game:

EA8CD79C-838F-425D-B4BB-A65A0B8674BB-578-0000009D53E33C7B_zps926713d0.jpg

MST3K XXIX. They interview the guy from Puma Man and boy does he take the movie he "starred" in waaaaay too seriously. He found MST3K's treatment of the movie "not funny" and "offensive." lol

3B06FEA7-5523-4588-89A5-40A588706878-578-000000A72791EA18_zps5778e34a.jpg

LegendX48

Technically this was ordered in December but it arrived earlier today and is my first major purchase of this year (cause it'll be paid off this year :p)

15603769144_b62c9f2e84_z.jpg

15603768374_b1f3c9d547_z.jpg

Its got an i5, 4gb ram and a 500gb HDD and running Win 8. Trying to update to 8.1 now

JEKKI

been really wanting a will mote for a while but the things are darn expensive... eevn used!!

turns out monoprice has cheap bootleg ones!

10898986_617151008414113_700637476_n.jpg

gotta test it out later, hope it works good!!

thenexus6

New case for my 13" retina macbook. I have the exact same case for my 11" chromebook and liked it enough to get the same for my mac.

06t9vbD.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Technically this was ordered in December but it arrived earlier today and is my first major purchase of this year (cause it'll be paid off this year :p)

Its got an i5, 4gb ram and a 500gb HDD and running Win 8. Trying to update to 8.1 now

Got a link to a product page where you ordered this? Looking for something similar.

Kup

puAbhlP.jpg

sCG2Q44.jpg

First time posting my pickups, started 2014 with a bang. £2 for lightning returns collectors edition guide from GAME and the New 3DS Ambassador Edition. I missed out on the 20th anniversary PS4 which I really wanted so getting my hands on this was really satisfying. Now to decide if I'm actually going to use it or keep it sealed.

Nice - you got the New 3DS. I would love one of those...

Yazuka

And here I thought I would be the only one posting Dragon Quest pictures, haha. I hope I'm going to have a great time with all these games. =)

2015-01-08-DragonQuestDS.jpg

And here are some of my favorite stuff from 2014.
I did not buy the Dragon Dagger it was a birthday present from some friends. But the best gift I've gotten in ears. <3
2014-10-26-DragonDagger.jpg

2014-08-22-TalesofXillia2.jpg

2014-11-14-TOHR-PSTV.jpg

2014-08-25-Nexus5.jpg

lem0n

Posting from the old version of that ASUS(k55a) right now. Had it for two years, it's been an amazing laptop, no issues at all with heavy use.

zmet

Hori Gem Pad 3 and Zombi U

I got the Hori pad for my PC since I don't own a USB controller with Turbo fire. My only gripe is that it feels very hollow since it lacks vibration, but the d-pad feels very nice and the bottom of the controller lights up when plugged in.

Used Rayforce and Garou Densetsu/Last Resort Original Soundtracks

Hikami

Not a purchase but, still counting this as a pick-up.
This was my first console, I haven't seen it in like 10+ years. Found it at the basement when visiting my parents' house, wish someone could've recorded my reaction.
I don't even remember playing half of these games.. and I know some other ones like Sonic and Mortal Kombat are still missing sadly. Couldn't see if it still worked since the video cable was broken.

CrovaxPSO

Sakura Wars 1, 2, 3, and 4 for the Dreamcast from a single eBay lot. All but the first game came with all of the original inserts and trading cards, so now I figure I have to find a copy of the first game that has all that stuff too.

STaOT3u.jpg

Luka and Miku rubber keychains.

OjqB3pY.jpg

And a kanji practice book because it's by far my weakest area of Japanese.

LTmJfWE.jpg

And here are some of my favorite stuff from 2014.
I did not buy the Dragon Dagger it was a birthday present from some friends. But the best gift I've gotten in ears. <3
2014-10-26-DragonDagger.jpg

When I was a kid I wanted to play flute because of the Dragon Dagger, glad I went with piano instead. Awesome gift! You got some fantastic friends.

illusionary

Wow, awesome Babylon 5 set. Even if the later seasons were of questionable quality, it's still my favorite sci-fi show.

Thanks - yeah, I'm very pleased with the set. I've never really watched the show properly, so am very much looking forward to it! At just shy of £45 the price wasn't at all bad either.

Alongside the Battlestar Galactica blu-ray set a week or so ago courtesy of the Amazon boxing day sales, Firefly on blu-ray arrived today from Flubit to complete my sci-fi binge.

BpgPA51.jpg

TheMoon

Thanks - yeah, I'm very pleased with the set. I've never really watched the show properly, so am very much looking forward to it! At just shy of £45 the price wasn't at all bad either.

Alongside the Battlestar Galactica blu-ray set a week or so ago courtesy of the Amazon boxing day sales, Firefly on blu-ray arrived today from Flubit to complete my sci-fi binge.

BpgPA51.jpg

The binge isn't complete unless you have Serenity, too.

Nice - you got the New 3DS. I would love one of those...

Yea, counting myself really lucky to have got one, that's my 3rd 3DS now, an OG just after launch, an XL just after launch, that new 3DS and I'm planning on getting a New 3DS XL when they launch too, I'm a sucker for nintendo stuff.

TheMoon

Heh, give me time - I think I've got *weeks* worth of solid watching here now!

*Adds to wishlist*

And I hope your BSG set also had "Razor," "The Plan" and "Blood & Chrome" included (the latter might still be watchable on YouTube, though) :p

LegendX48

Got a link to a product page where you ordered this? Looking for something similar.

I got it from Best Buy's website but it looks like they don't offer it anymore :\

The model # is X550LA-SI50402W hope that helps a little.

Posting from the old version of that ASUS(k55a) right now. Had it for two years, it's been an amazing laptop, no issues at all with heavy use.

Ah, that's good to hear. Hope this version's just as good.

illusionary

And I hope your BSG set also had "Razor," "The Plan" and "Blood & Chrome" included (the latter might still be watchable on YouTube, though) :p

Razor yes, but not The Plan or Blood & Chrome - I don't think there's a UK set that does include them, but regardless I couldn't pass it up for the price. I can pick up the missing bits separately at some point. I couldn't deny that BoxManLocke's set from the December thread (which I believe is *fully* complete) does make me a touch jealous, though! :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145348534

TheMoon

Razor yes, but not The Plan or Blood & Chrome - I don't think there's a UK set that does include them, but regardless I couldn't pass it up for the price. I can pick up the missing bits separately at some point. I couldn't deny that BoxManLocke's set from the December thread (which I believe is *fully* complete) does make me a touch jealous, though! :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=145348534

Ah that's fine then, Razor is the most important one, since that takes place DURING the series and The Plan is a semi-prequel that is meant to be watched AFTER the series anyway.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
EDIT HEY, why won't my pics show up?! 0_O
If you quote my post you'll see there's and everything but for whatever reason they're hidden!
EDIT2: Lol, now they show up again

Sorry for the xpost from the amiibo thread!

well, I've just decided to jump in! I know nothing about them and have yet to actually play my copy of Smash U but they looked so cool "live" while me and the gf were back at the store today!
So I couldn't resist and grabbed a few of them I really liked.
I wanted to also pick up Marth but decided against it 'cause it looks like shit :(
Also I'm glad I didn't buy them from Amazon 'cause lots of them were BADLY painted, so definite a plus that I could pick them one by one after a lot of nitpicking :P

Tomorrow I'll go back there to grab Villager, Little Mac and Fox! Those looked nice.
Unsure about Link, don't like it :/ Yoshi and Mario I'll get at a later date but they're definitely a purchase
But yeah, Samus, Falcon, Pit, Villager, Mac and Fox are my first purchase and I'm hooked!
Good picks guys? Did I choose poorly for whatever reason??

Didn't really thought I'd buy Amiibos besides Metroid, Bowser (they didn't have it, damn) and Toon Link (is this ever coming out?), but now I'm thinking of kinda collecting them, lol

Btw, Amiibos and Smash were a last-minute addition since we were on our way to pick up our
Bonsai. Love it! ^_^

[quote=][img]http://imgur.com/Nqvpub0.jpg

jaByVFR.jpg
[/quote]

iFaihJG.jpg
tcvkYMk.jpg

Got my replacement MC after my first was shipped defective. This guy Is from all the way back in 2007! ....guess there was still a few floating around :)

Oh man, I like checking these threads out and I keep meaning to post my newest acquisitions but then I forget. This month I'm particularly proud of a few things though:

8AMLSNfl.jpg

Sorry for the bad lighting.

t7YC0UQ.jpg

Alienware Alpha i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD

EsKgioM.jpg

Out of the box, but before I took the film from the front of the case,

743NlI9.jpg

Size comparison.

N56u8IT.jpg

Dat cable management.

uye6P4v.jpg

Bought this for the controller.