• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dash Kappei said:
[SNIP!]
they looked so cool "live" while me and the gf were back at the store today!
So I couldn't resist and grabbed a few of them I really liked together with the new Smash Bros game
I wanted to also pick up Marth but decided against it 'cause it looks like shit :(
Also I'm glad I didn't buy them from Amazon 'cause lots of them were BADLY painted, so definite a plus that I could pick them one by one after a lot of nitpicking :p

Didn't really thought I'd buy Amiibos besides Metroid, Bowser (they didn't have it, damn) and Toon Link (is this ever coming out?), but now I'm thinking of kinda collecting them, lol

Btw, Amiibos and Smash were a last-minute addition since we were on our way to pick up our
Bonsai. Love it! ^_^

[/SNIP!]

Nqvpub0.jpg

jaByVFR.jpg

Went out and made my second Amiibos' purchase. I feel guilty tho :(
Goddamn, spent more than 100€ in two days for these fuckers and the ones from yesterday... lol I'm having second thoughts... but at least I'm loving the bonsai!

Rich!

So, I was moaning in the DS collectors thread previously about not being able to find a DSi XL in good condition. Well, I found this in a charity shop for £30!

kjudpy.JPG

The outside is scratched a bit, but the inside is flawless and free from any marks or scratches. Now I have the best console for 3DS games AND the best for DS games!

wrrjgv.JPG

Rich!

Holy shit £30... great pick up, congrats
here they still sell new ones for 180EUR, lol

thanks man. Yeah, I was just lucky! Like I said though, the outside is scratched quite a bit, but I'm not looking at that when gaming! I'll buy a replacement top cover shell from ebay at some point and swap it over. It's easy to do.

I could have just made do with playing my DS games on the N3DS XL - but regardless of the fact that they're both the same screen size for DS games, the DSi can't be beaten in image quality as it's pixel perfect.

Family got an Xbox One. No one uses it :/
I like Killer Instinct but since its in the family room I won't be spending money on any games for it anytime soon. The lack of games (that interest me) are why I never considered it but dad wanted one so... there it is.

My haul from Xmas and post xmas shopping.
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls PC
Guilty Gear Xrd LE
Enchanted Arms
Nier
Atelier Ayesha
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Bravely Default
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Chrono Trigger DS
Azurestriker Gunvolt
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Crimson Shroud

eXistor

Couple more NES games to add to the collection, I don't think I have to tell you which one is the most interesting :)

VJu1KEE.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ pinball of course. What a great pickup. The others aren't that special but mmmmmm pinball.

purg3

slept with Malkin
qdYbQFM.jpg

Just got these in, not a gaming purchase obviously but first big purchase of the New Year.

(crappy cell pic, sorry)

Taker34

Banned
Got this one finally for under 60€. Always wanted to own a PS3 retail version of Mass Effect.
20150109_2149486ksug.jpg

20150109_2150467yski.jpg

Imported this sealed P4G SE :p
20150110_130623ousa5.jpg

20150110_131507bfscg.jpg

20150110_132933egsfb.jpg

I didn't know that my Vita could look even better than before!

NEO0MJ

I don't often post here, but I bought something I think is worth showing off!

16220374516_e40ed15eb5_o.png

I bought SOC Space Battleship Yamato ver.2199 and the Riobots Blodia. I've been eyeing these two for a long time and finally got a good deal on them.

Why didn't you buy Full Boost instead?

Too much money right now, and I don't like the online pass requirement. Extreme Vs. was less than $10, and since I got it along with Virtual-On Force, I got free shipping.

A few of my other friends also just got Extreme Vs. since it was so cheap, so we'll probably play online together a whole bunch. We all decided to skip Full Boost and wait for Maxi Boost to come out.

Anyway, more pics:

benjammin

YXVrq9m.jpeg

It all started when a friend sent me their old 6970 to slightly upgrade my pc. Unfortunately it didn't fit in my old case, so I bought a new one. Which led to me buying entirely new components across the board. And the kicker? I'm picking up a 970 in a week or two anyway. Oh well! Not shown is the ssd in my current build.

What's some sites for cheap Japanese games?

I buy all of mine on Amazon and eBay. I don't buy Japanese games often, though. I only have a few.

I bought some Japanese games from some other sites in the past, but that was over 10 years ago, so I don't remember from where. :/

Mike.83

Since buying my own place, I've been dragging my computer from the spare room to the living-room and back again, it was beginning to annoy me.

Picked up a Lenovo G50-70
h7d2fnm.jpg

treated myself to Sega Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works and Sensible Software 1986—1999 which were both huge parts of my childhood.
8qg76tI.jpg

My brother and friend often come round to play videogames, so I picked up Pro Evo and an extra pad, I've left the plastic peal-off thing on for my brother to remove.
hA4dwLZ.jpg

Sorry about the image quality, I only have my phone!

illusionary

Completed my collection of PlayStation consoles (one of each generation, not all of the different models of each) with a boxed PSone:

8whlXpe.jpg

...which came with a few bundled games (though nothing really notable here):

qlvKWe9.jpg

Also, a couple of late birthday gifts:

wIFQ1Wd.jpg

Oh, and the copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash that I won last week from eBay arrived... with a cracked disc. So much for "good" condition - that's going to be going back!

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
2015 for me is mainly going to be dedicated to retro-gaming and cleaning out my backlog of games. I also just happened to have moved to a new city and wanted to check out the local used game stores and this was my weekend haul:

zScGe1y.jpg

So I also want to go back in time and kick my own ass for not giving the original Xbox a chance when it launched. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite systems!

Gustavovj

Neo Member
So my mom just came back from Texas and she got me all these

Got a 1tb WD HDD for my Xbox One as I'm starting to run out of space. (And due to the fact that Sony doesn't allow to use external storage devices I will be getting most of the multipats on MS's console) However I just noticed that when the Xbone goes off the light on the WD HDD keeps flashing... Is this supposed to happen? I have set the Xbox to go totally off and not standby... So I'm curious...

Also can't wait to test the Wii U Pro Controller with Mario Kart 8!

top_of_of_new_pc_by_lightningtremlett-d8cymfa.jpg

new_pc_by_lightningtremlett-d8cymba.jpg

Intel Core i7 5820K
Gigabyte X99-UD3 Intel X99 Motherboard
16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB
1TB HDD
Samsung 840 256 GB SSD
1000W Corsair HX1000i

Xbox One AW bundle (bought primarily for the 1TB HDD and Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive

image_13578_by_lightningtremlett-d8dmhew.jpg

Kup

I picked up some Transformers G1 prints for my new flat - they look great - I can forgive the Optimus Prime cab being the new design and not the original. The new flat doesn't qualify for the January thread as I finally bought it in December... but thought I'd give it a mention too!

Apologies about the photo quality from my phone...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed this (present from wife for Christmas).
jp8dqVzEUqRRE.JPG

CrankyJay

Banned
I picked up some Transformers G1 prints for my new flat - they look great - I can forgive the Optimus Prime cab being the new design and not the original. The new flat doesn't qualify for the January thread as I finally bought it in December... but thought I'd give it a mention too!

I really dig that. Nice job.

Love them and the colours!

Top Bottom