• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

I finally got Path of Radiance. Its also the most I've ever spent on a video game.
3387519e.jpg

other pickups
3387596b.jpg

3387596c.jpg

Here's my favorite pickup of 2014. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Collector's Edition for PS3, along with the Japanese FFX HD Remaster Vita Bundle. I love white systems, so once they showed the first images of this Vita, I instantly preordered it. Unfortunately, I went through an online shop that I had never heard of, and wound up getting screwed out of $300. Ordered another one from Nippon Yasan and got it in the beginning of January.

Arizato

So I had the worst and most awkward date with a woman ever this weekend. So I decided to do some pity shopping for myself:

BjbBq0dl.jpg

Also bought Life Is Strange and Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam.

kierwynn

Went to TRU the other day and picked these up.

Also got a few games- Ghost Trick I got for myself and my brother got Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for me so we could play together sometime. Also grabbed Chrono Trigger DS for the bf, but no telling where he's put the box. lol

Here's my favorite pickup of 2014. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster Collector's Edition for PS3, along with the Japanese FFX HD Remaster Vita Bundle. I love white systems, so once they showed the first images of this Vita, I instantly preordered it. Unfortunately, I went through an online shop that I had never heard of, and wound up getting screwed out of $300. Ordered another one from Nippon Yasan and got it in the beginning of January.

Which shop was it? I´d like to know so I can avoid that kind of shop in case I come across some deal.

Beautiful Vita indeed, though I wish this LE came with the OLED model, I´d have gotten it over a vanilla OLED model as I also prefer white systems.

Couple pics of mine, which I got last month. Bought it used from yahoo auctions, but it is pretty much brand new, no nicks whatsoever. I have to change the screen protector though, there´s a few scratches on it. Nothing major but I want it to be perfect, hehe

5tbXMMA.jpg

Managed to get on sale for just under £30. Using it for extra space for my X1.

vSJyU9b.jpg

Got these on sale for £20 from adidas warehouse website.

vHyn7OP.jpg

This finally turned up as well.

zmet

Patlabor: The New Files and Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)

Hardcore Gaming 101 Holiday Special 2014 & The Unofficial Guide to Konami Shooters

Another spare used Super Famicom and Gurren Lagann Volumes 4 & 5

Power Base Mini FM

Finally, I can play Master System carts with the FM sound through my Genesis/Jp Mega Drive! I'm interested on how the FM on this thing is gonna sounds when compared to my Japanese Master System.

Nice pickup! I got all three of that series while on vacation; had to pay $12 to $15 for each because my B&N did not carry them. Sadness.

Ouch. :/

Not sure if I'll get the others. It's Len, Rin, and Luka, right? I might get Luka...

Anyway, here's some more pick ups (even though you can't actually "pick up" digital data):

-Castle Crashers (PlayStation 3)
-echochrome (PlayStation 3)
-Resogun (PlayStation 3)
-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PlayStation 3/PSP)
-F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (Game Boy Advance)

eXistor

Sega Ages. I've been playing Out Run 2 and loving it I relaized I never played Space Harrier or After Burner II, so what better place to start than arcade perfect ports of those games? Not sure about After Burner II, but Space Harrier is pretty damn cool.

TqGylNy.jpg

Also got a fangamer Zelda book, a sort of Guide to Hyrule, with loads of cool illustrations of the flora and fauna of Hyrule and info about Hylian culture and such. Very cool.

huCNB0r.jpg

Here's the book's page, whoch has some page samples.

http://www.fangamer.com/products/legend-of-the-hero

I'm not a PC gamer much anymore but I wanted a decent rig that has HDMI out and a good graphics card.

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition Laptop

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2 GB GDDR5
Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz)
16GB Memory 1TB HDD
17.3" 1920 x 1080
Windows 8.1

Xp6GTXF.jpghttp:

uijZHxS.jpg

ed9CPES.jpg

2KVTpj3.jpg

Which shop was it? I´d like to know so I can avoid that kind of shop in case I come across some deal.

Beautiful Vita indeed, though I wish this LE came with the OLED model, I´d have gotten it over a vanilla OLED model as I also prefer white systems.

Couple pics of mine, which I got last month. Bought it used from yahoo auctions, but it is pretty much brand new, no nicks whatsoever. I have to change the screen protector though, there´s a few scratches on it. Nothing major but I want it to be perfect, hehe

Nice system! Honestly, the LCD isn't bad. You get used to it.

The shop was Nin-Nin-Game.com. Definitely stay clear!

Strike

0106_zpsozzo9hdf.jpg

Bought this earlier in the month.

0113_zpssqskoetu.jpg

012315_zpsdcro66u4.jpg

012715_zps9ifsvvju.jpg

Couldn't resist these good sales (+10% discount).

DSCN1425_zpsjbts2u2z.jpg

Saw this for $50 on Amazon and had to pick it up.

IMAG0120_zpsdvynccga.jpg

Transmission finally gave out on my old '94 model so this just became my biggest pickup of the year. It's only January and this pretty much tapped me out for a few months. So...

5M1nOZd.jpg

I had gotten a PS3 for Christmas, so later on I figured I would do my homework on character action games with the DMC games (though this is the second time I've played DMC4). I was also interested in MGR, so I grabbed that too.

I enjoyed MGR much more than any of the DMC games, please don't kill me

I'm not a PC gamer much anymore but I wanted a decent rig that has HDMI out and a good graphics card.

16GB Memory 1TB HDD
17.3" 1920 x 1080
Windows 8.1

Xp6GTXF.jpghttp:

uijZHxS.jpg

ed9CPES.jpg

2KVTpj3.jpg

Wow, very nice!

Chairhome

Nice system! Honestly, the LCD isn't bad. You get used to it.

The shop was Nin-Nin-Game.com. Definitely stay clear!

Bah. I just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris from them last week and found out they don't have it in stock, they said they'll ship it to me next week. Not getting good impressions from this company, hopefully my order comes next week.

Bah. I just ordered Puyo Puyo Tetris from them last week and found out they don't have it in stock, they said they'll ship it to me next week. Not getting good impressions from this company, hopefully my order comes next week.

My experience was the following:

Pre-order in October/November for December 26 release. Charged full amount on pre-order.

December 26 rolls around, no update. Get a FedEx tracking number on the 28th or so, figure things are just slow after the holidays. No big deal, I'm in no rush.

Days go by, and the tracking page never sees an update. Email them, they assure me it's gone out and that FedEx is just being lazy.

More time goes by, still no movement. Call PayPal, tell them the situation, they give me a provisional credit while they "investigate".

Email Nin-Nin again, tell them I'm disputing the payment and that I know they simply provided me a tracking number for a package that doesn't actually exist (they just printed the label for the number and gave it to me, never put it on a box to ship it out). Two days later, they tell me they shipped it out with a new tracking number. I never received that one, either.

PayPal tells me that there's nothing they can do and they take back my provisional credit. Since I paid with a debit card, my bank wasn't able to help me either.

TL;DR - Always use a credit card when buying shit online and research your retailers with experienced buyers. It was an expensive mistake I made.

Dereck

16GB Memory 1TB HDD
17.3" 1920 x 1080
Windows 8.1

Xp6GTXF.jpghttp:

uijZHxS.jpg

ed9CPES.jpg

2KVTpj3.jpg
Price?

I can smell the laptop through the screen.

This is all the stuff I collected, earned, and bought from PAX South Weekend.
Highlights of this swag include:
-Two Freedom Planet posters - free by beating the best time from one of the demo sessions
-Legend of Zelda: Majora's [paper] Mask - Given at Nintendo booth
-Borderlands Maliwan Cap - $20
-PAX South T-Shirt - $20
-PAX South Water Bottle - $35
-PAX South Patch - Free w/ $35 in official merchandise
-All Three Entry Passes
-Dreadnought flashing lanyard - Given after playing the demo
-Gigantic T-Shirt - Given after playing the demo
-4 Gearbox Software Buttons - Given at various Gearbox Software activities (panel, Fun Zone area, etc.)
-Game Church booklet

Top Bottom