• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year)!

BOTEC

Matrimelee, eh? I forgot that got a PlayStation 2 release. Maybe I'll get a copy myself if I ever have a way to play Japanese PlayStation 2 games.

I thought so too, until I read up on it. It's actually the sequel to Matrimelee, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku ("Super Power Instinct?"). It looks and plays exactly the same, but the story (lol) takers place 10 years later or some such nonsense. Maybe that explains why Bobby Ologun is in it.

ChristianTW

Neo Member
New TV :D

33081dfcd2.jpg

Excellent purchase there and those spreakers sound so good on that 900B. I just bought the 55X850B last week and really love this TV. Really wish that the 65" would come down a little bit in price as I would jump on that for sure. I had also tried the Samsung 60HU8550 and the Triluminous colors really set the 2 TV's apart.

ChristianTW

Neo Member
Want ;___;

Congrats on the purchase~

You ain't fuckin around.

Bah gawd.

Very, very nice. You know what's up.

I don't mess around when it comes to my media :p Getting a new 7.1 speaker set up next week.

Fresh off the pallet with shrink wrap still hanging.

Yeah, I actually ordered it last week and it wasn't supposed to be in until next Tuesday but I happened to be in the store today and the guy that sold me it told me that it just arrived an hour earlier on their truck so I didn't even wait for them to finish unloading everything before I picked it up.

Excellent purchase there and those spreakers sound so good on that 900B. I just bought the 55X850B last week and really love this TV. Really wish that the 65" would come down a little bit in price as I would jump on that for sure. I had also tried the Samsung 60HU8550 and the Triluminous colors really set the 2 TV's apart.

They do sound amazing. Every Sony TV I have ever had has had fantastic speakers. I just upgraded from a 55 inch Sony Bravia XBR8 and even that TV had amazing sound. I was originally going to get the 55X850B but decided on the 55X900B because I have a spending problem :p

I took a loot at a lot of the Samsung TVs as well and they just as good as the Sony. Although for the price, they are quite a steal. The upscaling is way better on the Sony.

Caayn

A slight upgrade on my internet connection. Went from this:
4063676369c5knb.png

To this:
40808436341sjc2.png

Managed to save these from being thrown away by my brother in law who was cleaning up.
wp_20150122_006cre0a.jpg

wp_20150122_00701i81.jpg

And a few things more modern.
wp_20150122_0109jcng.jpg

wp_20150122_009lzfiy.jpg

The 3D on the new 3DS is a lot better compared to the 3DS XL.

MauroNL

A slight upgrade on my internet connection. Went from this:

To this:

Managed to save these from being thrown away by my brother in law who was cleaning up.
wp_20150122_006cre0a.jpg

And a few things more modern.

The 3D on the new 3DS is a lot better compared to the 3DS XL.
Rockin' that glasvezel, nice :p
Whats with the PS1 pad without analog sticks?

LAA

Been a little more of of an expensive month than I thought it'd be, the amiibo craze took me.
Mainly got Ike, Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Pit and Yoshi this month. Not even even a F - Zero fan, but came to like playing as him and I had to admit he looks pretty cool. Looking forward to Wave 3 and 4!

Got these 2 cheap. LBP 3 for £25, Drive club for £17, both better than than I thought it'd be, but haven't had much time to play them sadly.

And the big thing this month...
New 3DS XL Metallic black!
Actually got this from a fellow GAF member, for fora great price and was a pleasure doing business with him. Love it so far, reccommend highly. Some complain about the fingerprint magnet material, but I LOVE the feel of it! It's really like a refined 3DS.

sgtdecimal

Neo Member
Finally upgraded from my 2008 Samsung. (which had really bad burn in issues) Got it for a really good price after gift cards.

Vo7ySSbl.jpg

Caayn

Rockin' that glasvezel, nice :p
Whats with the PS1 pad without analog sticks?
Jup, really happy with it. Everything went pretty easy, fooled around for a hour trying to figure out why I was only getting 100/100Mbit. Only to realize later on that one of the cables in my network was a cat5 cable that was causing the hold up once that one was switched out with cat5e everything suddenly jumped up to 500/500Mbit :D So far I'm happy with my jump to KPN from UPC.

And as Chairhome already mentioned the original PS1 pads, before dualshock existed, didn't had analog sticks.

Q33cqql.jpg

L3sNU7H.jpg

Spent the majority of this month acquiring Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade, and Vanilla Collector's Editions of World of Warcraft. My collection is finally complete!

I thought so too, until I read up on it. It's actually the sequel to Matrimelee, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku ("Super Power Instinct?"). It looks and plays exactly the same, but the story (lol) takers place 10 years later or some such nonsense. Maybe that explains why Bobby Ologun is in it.

...the same game but with a 10 year time skip? That's...strange. Then again, it is a Power Instinct game, so strange is kind of its thing.

Anyway, I picked this up at Barnes & Noble earlier for $9:

-Funko POP! Rocks Hatsune Miku figure

It's the only one they had, and it was buried in a corner at the bottom of the little shelf for the POP! figures. They mostly had Buffy and Breaking Bad ones (which are two of my favorite shows), but I ended up getting Miku instead. They also had two of the Kagamine Len figure.

I've never bought a POP! figure (and I've only bought, like, one other figure at all in past decade), and I'm not sure why I got this...but, whatever. It's kinda cute. Hah.

pariah164

Anyway, I picked this up at Barnes & Noble earlier for $9:

-Funko POP! Rocks Hatsune Miku figure
Nice pickup! I got all three of that series while on vacation; had to pay $12 to $15 for each because my B&N did not carry them. Sadness.

I got a DSi XL

dZilu9G.jpg

I may have posted some of these before but I got new stuff. I got Hotel Dusk for $3

i3dLHdq.jpg
Oh, sweet. I am so happy to see someone else with Trace Memory. It was one of my first DS games, and I still play it.

January pickups so far:

music: London Grammar debut album

3DS games: Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast, Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

PS3: One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Wii U: Watch_Dogs SE, Sniper Elite v2

PC: Lords of Magic Special Edition (big box)

PS2: Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Wii: Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, Case Closed: One Truth Prevails, Wii Fit Plus, Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage

Galdius

After waiting more than a month for the package to arrive, this week I got 3 Not For Resale carts for the DS. I'm starting to get into NFR collecting and those 3 are a great addition. I'm really happy with NSMB and Metroid Prime Hunters. Metroid Pinball was a good complement to this lot even thought it only has the NFR back label.

6VSh9CVl.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q33cqql.jpg

L3sNU7H.jpg

Spent the majority of this month acquiring Wrath of the Lich King, The Burning Crusade, and Vanilla Collector's Editions of World of Warcraft. My collection is finally complete!

How much was Vanilla CE?

vesvci

Banned
Mmm yeah. I have the m80s and am thinking of upgrading to these.

It's well worth it in my opinion. I tried the XS (same as the M-80s but foldable) and the sound on the M-100s is richer and fuller. The M-80s are great, but they are on-ear with 40mm drivers, versus the M-100 over-the-ear with 50mm. Quite different. The most complete headphones on the market (quality, sound, value, etc).

TxdoHawk

New model coming out + price drop on the old models meant the OG Zboards went on fire sale on the used market. So, I picked up a barely-used Pro.

lcEKRGA.jpg

Now I just need appropriate weather...and a lot of balance practice.

PirateByott

Neo Member
New model coming out + price drop on the old models meant the OG Zboards went on fire sale on the used market. So, I picked up a barely-used Pro.

lcEKRGA.jpg

Now I just need appropriate weather...and a lot of balance practice.

Holy Cow!
I longboard, but my seaside town (in the UK) is nothing but steep hills. And i dont always feel like burning through my shoes foot braking. mad jelly.

illusionary

A couple of new amiibo this week - but with all of the Zelda amiibo for now, this is where the collection stops except where there's significant 'DLC' attached for a game that I'm interested in. Alongside those, I've now completed my collection of portable Zeldas when Oracle of Seasons with a GBC came up pretty well priced on eBay, though still need to get myself a boxed copy.

dqa8DZD.jpg

With the PSN January sale ending, I picked up a nicely discounted copy of Valiant Hearts, alongside the PS3 version of Lemmings - a series that I very much enjoyed in its day!

TnE1OwN.jpg

Top Bottom