• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

468db20753bc3.jpg

I don't have a digital camera so I had to use my Macbook. As a result, the picture is backwards.

The lighting in the room sucks. As a result, the photo sucks too, but you get to see the goody:

Photo4.jpg

I'm REALLY late to the party this time.

Rlan said:
sparkster-1.jpg

$5. Boxed with everything, manual is split, but otherwise fine.

Nice!

It's so weird seeing this stuff. Who out there goes to the Cash Converters and and says "I could do with an extra 20 cents!". Both cost $2 each. All these aren't worth a whole lot, but fun to see.

Lots of people often end up bringing lots of little things to Cashies when they originally planned to just go sell one larger item. So they'll come in with say, a TV, and also a box filled with completely random items they found in their garage. It's a reason to clean up around the place, I guess!

July1.jpg

Ouendan was a gift. =)
All you Aussie's should check out JB Hi-Fi, they've started selling pre-owned games. That's where I got Samurai Shodown, Glass Rose and JSRF, $10 a pop! They also cover them in their own confusing shrink wrap.. and sticky tape.

xcomp

Been spending way too much...

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy III DS
Gyakuten Saiban Meets Orchestra Soundtrack

Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd just arrived this morning. You can check out more photos of the artbook and the bonus mini OST on my blog.

gamesjulygm3.jpg

Wiis are back in abundant supply now so I finally decided to splash out on a PAL Wii bundle with Twilight Princess. Was planning on importing a JP Wii but the cost, customs and handling fee would probably have meant almost the price of a PS3...

gamesjuly2cp4.jpg

Fun stuff so far. Just can't wait until Trauma Centre Second Opinion gets released over here next month!

kenta

Has no PEINS
699666186_c875a96591_o.jpg

This is probably going to be it for the rest of the month, unless I find some other PSP games on the cheap

dspsp.jpg

Gurumin's a bit sickeningly sweet, but fun adventure/platforming.

Death Jr. gets a bad rap. Feels a lot like devil may cry, but easier and less complex.

Brothers in Arms.. well.. It's good, but really short. Nice to see a good 3d action game on DS.

julysofar.jpg

I'm thinking this month could get expensive. Thank goodness there's no major RPGs out this month (although next month is Blue Dragon month <3)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PICT0001.jpg

Got this today :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Android18a said:
julysofar.jpg

I'm thinking this month could get expensive. Thank goodness there's no major RPGs out this month (although next month is Blue Dragon month <3)

Oh man, Twirl is out in the UK now? Impressions plz

maxmars

Wifey stole the camera for the vacations, but here's my loot so far:

- Puzzle League (also one colleague got it after seeing mine, and another is trying to resist the call, but we're having matches in the office at lunch time..)

- More Brain Training (gift for long-time-no-see mom)

- Scarface Wii (cool, I missed GodFather but here we are again :D )

Google said:
How is Closer on Blu-Ray.

Its one of my favourite films, and im interested.

i'll let you know when i get a better tv.

i have the 360 hd-dvd drive and i'm impressed with all of my hd-dvds, but the blu-ray output on the ps3 comes out looking extremely grainy. i think it's probably my tv though because the games themselves look absolutely fantastic, especially motorstorm and sigma. my tv is 720p native and i'm using hdmi as a connection, if you can offer any help as to why my blu rays (i have the prestige in addition to closer) look grainy i would appreciate it. i know that blu ray is just as good as hd-dvd in terms of picture quality, and it's very frustrating for someone who loves movies such as myself to be limited to just hd-dvd's selection. there's a ton of blu-rays that i want, but i can't bring myself to buy them...i made an exception for closer though because i found it for 15 bucks new.

if you're willing to help, the tv i have is a samsung 32" flat panel lcd, model number LNS3251DX, and my ps3 is set to output in 720p. even normal dvds look better on my 360 than my ps3, despite the 1.8 firmware that allows dvd upscaling.

it should be noted that my hdmi cable was only 30 bucks, maybe it's shit quality?

n8NMONSTER said:
I picked it up during Anime Expo, but sadly its now over. :C

I bought two of them (ended up with the Dragoon and Black Mage) back in March from a local gaming shop, they shouldn't be too hard to find.

IoCaster

julygoods.jpg

Finally got around to getting Shivering Isles and Silent Hunter. Now that they're patched and playable. I got Halo 2 for PC to see if I would finally have the patience to finish the damn game. I hate FPS on controllers and gave up on it originally, but I want to get caught up on the story for Halo 3.

I'm determined to force myself to try and adjust to using a controller. I bought The Darkness for my PS3 just so I'll have something new to play on it and practice for other exclusively console FPS games.

My X360 is out for repair, but I got Forza 2 with the expectation that I'll get a good unit back from MS sometime soon.

PS...Please excuse the quality of the photo. When I resized it the lossy jpg compression went directly down the shitter for some reason. :(

zoku88

It's a BenQ FP241VW. It's a pretty nice monitor. I got it for about $800 (including tax and shipping.) I'm not sure why the MSRP is $1.5K. I have yet to find one that sells for that much.

00004.jpg

Only one game so far. I got it last week (and beat it one Thursday night.) Pretty fun. Nice visuals and stuff.

00008.jpg

EDIT: ugh, messed up. Pics coming soon.

Rlan

gbastuff.jpg

Got my Play Asia stuffs earlier this week :)

All the Japanese GBA games were really cheap and tend to play pretty well without knowing any Japanese.

Kururin gets hard fast, but lots of fun. I'll come back to it every now and again to try and beat the next level.

Mickey Mouse Magical Quest 2 is pretty fun - a port of the SNES game, a decent little platformer.

Metroid Zero Mission is easy to get through without knowing any Japanese whatsoever - most items tend to be in English anyhow [MORPH BALL [japanese] etc] I've played through it before on GBA, but I'll go through it again :)

Stafi 2 is pretty cool - a simple platformer. Most of the stuff it tells you tends to be shown to you in pictures, but I got a little confused by some of the things it's asking me. Usually you can find a Number in the description somewhere and figure it out through that. For some reason this game doesn't have a FAQ anywhere, but the other Stafy games do.. weird..

Kirby DS is simple.. maybe too much so. I'm dissapointed that the ability mixing is limited purelyto Sword and Bomb, and not as expanded as Kirby 64. A missed chance.

Lost planet I haven't had a huge chance to play yet, but it looks gorgeous. I played it on my friends 60" TV in 720p and hooooly shit.

I also picked up these at Cash Converters:

pcgames.jpg

Man I've been finding some weird-ass stuff lately.

blazing2002.jpg

Pretty fun game, though the controls and camera suck. Online, surprisingly, still has some players as it took only a few seconds to have people join my game. Bought it as a fix till Ace comes out.

jtardiou said:
*snip*

first games ive bought in like 8 months

Not to be a douche but...

MarkMan said:
Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Amazon came through with the guidebook rather quickly, another piece to my pitifully small DQ collection, I think I may start a new game in DQH:RS now. Art of Fighting and Dirge of Cerberus were both used, complete and 15$ each at Rodgers Video. Field Commander also came from RV, but 19$ new and sealed from a nearby bargain bin.

newstuff.jpg

so1337

Picked up a few things. You needn't worry though, most of these are bargains from either Gamestop (Yes, they're finally in Switzerland) or Play-Asia.

IMG_2056-1.jpg

G-Fex

2007-07-16-43082.jpg

2007-07-16-43039.jpg

2007-07-16-43106.jpg

Hooray for me GAF! I have finally gotten myself A WII! I did it, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it, despite wrist aches from playing the rented excitetruck, I love this system. And yeah I bought Metroid Prime today at break since my job is located next to a game trade store. But I guess since I'm very dense and don't know much about the wii I didn't know the classic controller Couldn't work with GC games. Though I asked the guy at the store who assured me "yeah wasn't that what it was made for?" , didn't get a used GC controller cause they didn't have one. Oh well, that's fine, it's going back. Half-way through Super and can't wait to play Prime.

I just got my replacement cartridge today:

830343951_744a142bf8_o.jpg

Packaging.

831190526_93a770a9c6_o.jpg

Folded Letter and Pack of King of Fighters Trading Cards.

831190564_b9a44e47e9_o.jpg

Replacement Cartridge.

831190574_4c3680a35f_o.jpg

Unfolded Letter and Everything.

831190584_6808d2f611_o.jpg

Close-Up of Enclosed Letter.

July 2007

Thank you for taking part in the SNK VS CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS exchange
program. Enclosed is your replacement cartridge plus a special gift. We appreciate
your continued support and apologize for the convenience.

Also, be on the lookout for our next PlayStation(r)2 title FATAL FURY BATTLE
ARCHIVES VOL 1
arriving in stores the first week of August. Be sure to check out our
website for the latet updates on SNK PLAYMORE products at
www.snkplaymoreusa.com

Thanks again,

The Management Team at SNK PLAYMORE USA

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Fracking square-enix people in texas forgot my Dragon Quest VIII. I tried to call but they are closed at 4pm!!!!!! I am going to call tomorrow and give them HELL!!!!

Oh and FF11 is a bitch to startup and load.....DAMN

Sad_Panda

July's been a pretty slow month for me this far...for the better, my backlog being huge enough as it is.

13072007eu4.jpg

More to come, as my PA summer sale stuff should arrive this week.

Top Bottom