• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Jason

july2.jpg

BBA was a gift from my sister....

MaX_PL

Banned
ymmv said:
Why did you get the HD-DVD version of Blood Diamond when you've got a PS3 as well and could have bought the Blu-Ray version?

probably because he prefers the HD DVD version.

MaX_PL

Banned
neojubei said:
where? where?

i'm gonna guess amazon.

amazons pricing of 32 samsung tvs is so good. i got last years model for a similar price while all other retailers were selling it for around 1300-1400 dollars.

First, the games.

Uffftled.jpg

That's an old DS with a cover because my DS was becoming a dirty whore.

My various things I shouldn't have bought came from Play Asia.

DSC01753.jpg

Goomba + Famicom Cap = Money

DSC01755.jpg

Various figures of different degrees of awesome.

DSC01752.jpg

And...yeah.

Flek

Banned
so far only movies...havent bought any in the last 2 month so....

5x82e82.jpg

and waiting for (should be here next week) :

NANA 2 (Special Edition)
Inner Senses
Linda Linda Linda
Bullet In The Head (Ultimate Collection)
Be With You (Limited Special Edition)

cheers

Bii

What I've bought so far this month:

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Mario Party 8
Odin Sphere
Microsoft 360 VGA Cables
Wii Component Cables
6ft. HDMI Cables
Playstation 3 60GB
PS2-to-PS3 Controller Adapter
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Vagrant Story (disc-only)
Final Fantasy Tactics (disc-only)
Persona 2 (discs-only)
Super Stardust HD

Auron_Kale said:
I bought the MGS 3 Premium Pack from fellow Gaffer, GhostSeed, for $200 which I didn't mind paying since it's brand new (well, not really anymore since I opened it yesterday). But as far as availability, not too sure since it's really limited, though I think I saw someone on eBay selling a used one.

Now all they have to do is have a premium pack for MGS4 and my collection will be complete :D.

what is in the premium pack anyway???

So here's some of what I've been accumulating for the past couple months/weeks.

Picture-021.jpg

Picture-022.jpg

got this gem for $30 on Ebay, printed in 1892.

There's more stuff (my Kandalf case, some games) but this is just what I had laying around right next to the stand.

Dina said:
That's well cool.
It's the edition that is fully illustrated by mothafckin Gustave Dore, I got into printmaking about 4 years ago and it's kind of taken over my life. To find a this book for that insane price was like Christmas in July.

The auction was set to end at like 4 something AM and I stayed up all night to be ready to snipe that shit right out of the hands of the previous top bidderand it was well worth it.

Dina

MickeyKnox said:
It's the edition that is fully illustrated by mothafckin Gustave Dore, I got into printmaking about 4 years ago and it's kind of taken over my life. To find a this book for that insane price was like Christmas in July.

The auction was set to end at like 4 something AM and I stayed up all night to be ready to snipe that shit right out of the hands of the previous top bidderand it was well worth it.

Alright man, awesome. I'm not into printmaking or anything and Gustave Dore doesn't say me much :lol, but the book is a classic, even more so if the print is over 100 years old.

Good find, and indeed, totally worth to stay up till 4am to buy it.

MickeyKnox said:

I looked up Gustave Dore on wikipedia and wow he had skills. Very nice illustrations. If you can, could you show us some work from the book?

tetrisgrammaton said:
$30? must be in rough shape
Not really, the only slightly messed up part is a section of the cover binding as you can see from the picture where it's next to all the PC parts. The inside is in ****ing great condition and even more so when you consider that the book is 115 years old.

I looked up Gustave Dore on wikipedia and wow he had skills. Very nice illustrations. If you can, could you show us some work from the book?
I can't right now because my camera batteries are ****ed, the lithium ion isn't holding a charge anymore :( Later today I'll get some new batteries and post some pics from the book itself.

Rimshot

Klaxon said:
German version? Isn't this the shitty version? Like no ragdoll or bleeding corpses in the water?

Why the h8 :) Their old history still reflects todays politics as they try really hard to get away from the ewul stereotype ^^;

Blablurn

Klaxon said:
German version? Isn't this the shitty version? Like no ragdoll or bleeding corpses in the water?

Don't know. I'm not really into PC Games...I just bought it because I felt bored.

and yeah, i bought the german version XD

WORLDWIDEWII said:
what is in the premium pack anyway???

Each of the Metal Gear Solid Premium Packs contain different stuff. The one for MGS had a t-shirt, music cd, dogtags, artbook, and an original copy of the game. The MGS2 one had an artbook, dvd of various trailers (they call it a 'premium dvd'), a limited edition figure of Snake, and the game. Finally, the MGS3 pack has a Shagohod figure (comes in a really cool old-school model kit box), premium dvd, an artbook (includes photos), a paperback novel (it's about 400 pages in Japanese), and finally the game.

Anyway, I got these last Friday, but they're not the last of my stuff that's coming.

IMG_0190.jpg

Highwind close-up (sorry for the glare):
IMG_0191.jpg

WarioLand (GB):
IMG_0198.jpg

Danielsan

solid2snake said:
hey, where did you get Twin Snakes?
I bought all 4 games from a guy on marktplaats.nl
If you live in the Netherlands then I know a couple of place that still have the game in stock, but the game isn't cheap over there (€30).

Mar

Haven't contributed to any of these threads for a while. But at least I can make up for it now with quantity.

julypickup.jpg

Finally bought a 360 and I love it to pieces. Not so much the first one I got that was red ringed out of the box. But the replacement is great (so far).

Gears is a bit meh. Crackdown is a hell of a lot of fun. Dead Rising is one of the best games I've ever played and I can't put it down. Wario... Haven't played it yet.

Danielsan said:
I bought all 4 games from a guy on marktplaats.nl
If you live in the Netherlands then I know a couple of place that still have the game in stock, but the game isn't cheap over there (€30).

sorry, i'm from germany. i thought, you bought them maybe from ebgames or someplace.

Rimshot

Beef said:
I think the reference is to the metal item on her mouth. I could be mistaken however.

Ah, the answer is within the simple things!
Was trying to go through several conspiracy theories to get to the hidden meaning by it but guess there was no. And guess a new facial expression is also off the chart.

Klotera

Picked up the PS3 on a whim with 499 at amazon with no tax and free 2-day shipping. Wanted to get it while the cheaper 60GB is out and it still has hardware BC for my existing PS2 games. No games that interest me yet (maybe when Lair is out - until then, Wii60 and DS got me covered for a while) - mainly a Blu-ray/DVD upscaling player for the moment.. The DVD upscaling is highly impressive.

Also, a Blu-ray and Resident Evil 4 Wii.

JulyPickup.jpg

Top Bottom