• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

zoku88

Reilly said:
Is there anywhere to buy that offer?

It's not listed anymore on NIS' website.
I doubt it. I even tried looking on eBay for you and didn't find anything (although, I might suck at searching.)

Variable

Sad_Panda said:
July's been a pretty slow month for me this far...for the better, my backlog being huge enough as it is.

13072007eu4.jpg

More to come, as my PA summer sale stuff should arrive this week.

Any reason why you decided to purchase Tenchu Z?

As of now, these are what I've picked up. I've got more things coming in the mail, so I'll post pics when they come in.

Used games are: FFVII DoC, Monster Hunter, We <3 Katamari while Riviera & the MGS 3 premium pack are brand new:
IMG_0184.jpg

The entire set of MGS 2: Sons of Liberty figures (Set One):
IMG_0186.jpg

Entire set of MGS 2: Substance figures (each figure is in a box):
IMG_0187.jpg

And a gift that was given to me from fellow Gaffer, GhostSeed, that came with my MGS 3 Premium Pack:
IMG_0189.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just got back from a little trip to the US and I did extremely well in regards to imported merchandise, among other things I picked up a quite a few video games.
P1160007.jpg

Money spent $310 (£155~)
All but two of theses items aren’t available in the UK at the moment so I’m not even going to bother calculating an exact UK price, but at a VERY rough estimate it would be around £240 ($480).

I bought a lot of other stuff too, mostly things that I cant buy in the UK.
P1160010.jpg

P1160001.jpg

Another item I got that you cant get in the UK was my excruciatingly painful sunburn (not pictured) and it was totally free! God Bless the USA.

Yixian

Banned
Christ you people spend a lot on games. I get about 1 game every 2 months, max.

But then I do have a PS3 and a Mac...

Yixian said:
Christ you people spend a lot on games. I get about 1 game every 2 months, max.

But then I do have a PS3 and a Mac...

I try to pick up at least a game a month. It allows me to pick up games used for cheaper anyway.

Yixian

Banned
God's Vessel said:
I try to pick up at least a game a month. It allows me to pick up games used for cheaper anyway.

I'd probably get a game a month if there was a game each month I wanted. Starting August, there is, so I'll probably be doing that.

In fact starting August there are about 2 a month I like, so I'll maybe be getting 2pm, which would be my all time record.

I never have more than one game a time though. I eBay the one I have first, to keep balancing the books.

Yes, I am a serious tight ass.

Cmagus

Got my Play Asia sale stuff today I managed to pick up another copy of Rhythm Tengoku and the last Dragon Quest 8 figure in the set I needed.I also picked up Kuru Kururin Paradise and some figure from something called Bokusastu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan (lol it was cheap I just added it)

gamersstyy.jpg

Also if anyone is interested I have a club nintendo code for rhythm tengoku and a 5.00 play asia coupon pm me if you want either

Auron_Kale said:
As of now, these are what I've picked up. I've got more things coming in the mail, so I'll post pics when they come in.

Used games are: FFVII DoC, Monster Hunter, We <3 Katamari while Riviera & the MGS 3 premium pack are brand new:
IMG_0184.jpg
Where and for how much did you get that MGS3 Premium Pack? In other words; where can I get one for a reasonable price? :p

Most Recent Additions:

848565026_6ca34c0360_o.jpg

Sony Cycle Energy Rechargeable Batteries and Charger.

848565032_43a01b81af_o.jpg

Metal Gear Acid ($14.99), Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven ($7.99).

848583262_617bf89fbc_o.jpg

And Brand New Play-Yan Micro. :)

Silicon Knight said:
Where and for how much did you get that MGS3 Premium Pack? In other words; where can I get one for a reasonable price? :p

I bought the MGS 3 Premium Pack from fellow Gaffer, GhostSeed, for $200 which I didn't mind paying since it's brand new (well, not really anymore since I opened it yesterday). But as far as availability, not too sure since it's really limited, though I think I saw someone on eBay selling a used one.

Now all they have to do is have a premium pack for MGS4 and my collection will be complete :D.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
6fqqe4g.jpg

Cowboy Bebop boxset for PS2

6f9144x.jpg

PSO artbook
Several Dreamcast games (including Bomber Hehhe, which I've been searching for forever)
Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail Edition

DTJAAAAM

gamezone50.jpg

Stopped by a local shop in Lynnwood, WA called Game Zone that was closing down and had everything for 50% off. I ended up leaving with:

PS
---
Crusader: No Remorse
Fade To Black
Hugo: The Evil Mirror
Starwinder

NES
---
Back To The Future 2 & 3
Beetlejuice
Genghis Khan
High Speed
Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
Little Mermaid
Mechanized Attack
Nobunaga's Ambition
P.O.W.
Stack-Up
Videomation

N64
---
Chameleon Twist 2

SNES
---
Doomsday Warrior
Mickey Mania
Rocketeer
Rocky Rodent
Wolfchild

GEN
---
Atomic Runner
Cliffhanger
Desert Demolition
Liberty Or Death
Lost Vikings
Mercs
Outlander
P.T.O.: Pacific Theatre Of Operations
Socket
Superman
Thunder Force 2
Tiny Toons: Acme All-Stars

gray_fox224

SnowWolf said:
6fqqe4g.jpg

Cowboy Bebop boxset for PS2

6f9144x.jpg

PSO artbook
Several Dreamcast games (including Bomber Hehhe, which I've been searching for forever)
Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail Edition

AHH!! I miss shopping at Sofmap and Trader!

More Additions:

857023203_6270c0f2f7_o.jpg

Twinbee Portable, and Chappelle's Show Season 1.

857023207_313312b0a2_o.jpg

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, and Tenchu Fatal Shadows.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I wonder if they still do these at Digital Press? I spent an entire day once just reading three years worth of what grubby SNES carts people found at Garage Sales.

julygamesthings.jpg

The dinosaur era floppy disks and manuals are Space Quest 3. It was free, along with the two Saturn sports games (which also had demo discs hidden in the cases!) Scored FFXII at a pawn shop for $15, it's like $90 AUD brand new. =')

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
McBacon said:
I wonder if they still do these at Digital Press? I spent an entire day once just reading three years worth of what grubby SNES carts people found at Garage Sales.

They indeed do have find posts at DP still... :)

ymmv

Banned
Here's my stack. The Darkness (PS3) is in the mail. You can see I'm preparing myself for Ratchet & Clank Future.

gamesjuly2007.jpg

kuYuri

Just got my new 32'' HDTV, the Samsung LN-T3253H today. The shipping was so fast. :D

DSC03156.jpg

Also, the rest of my pick-ups of July so far.

DSC03157.jpg

ymmv

Banned
Midas said:
Better sound.

Strange, according to highdefdigest.com the Blu-Ray version had an uncompressed PCM track (48kHz/16-bit/4.6mbps), HD-DVD a Dolby TrueHD track (48kHz/16-bit) track. There was no difference in sound quality then.

Top Bottom