• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

marwan

Banned
Infernodash said:
If only that phone could make its way to the good ol usa on a plan of course for a reduced price. I doubt that phone will work on the at&t network. Will it?

well the phone will work in the U.S no AT&T since it's "Quad band", but 3G/HSDPA will not since the U.S uses a different frequency for 3G/HSDPA.

the original N95 just got released in the U.S btw so you might wanna check it out.

DTJAAAAM

oct25shop1.jpg

oct25shop2.jpg

oct25shop4.jpg

Wollan

gray_fox224 said:
Wow, you're hardcore. Have you passed the learning curve yet?
Played two full matches and I've been defeated both times (against cpu).
I'm still very early, just checking out the various features and getting myself aquainted with the whole game and cards (downloading replays from top players and checking what they're doing..etc). I have had a grin across my face the whole time.

hobart

Worldwide:

Just noticed yer queston re: crimson DS

I picked that up around the time that the NON-BUNDLED ones were just hitting Gamestops. However... they've been available on amazon since day 1, I believe (picked mine up in the Hamptons... NY).

Apple Jax said:
Worldwide:

Just noticed yer queston re: crimson DS

I picked that up around the time that the NON-BUNDLED ones were just hitting Gamestops. However... they've been available on amazon since day 1, I believe (picked mine up in the Hamptons... NY).

yeah, i notice that it is everywhere this week. how is the screen resolution?

hobart

Having not had a DS before... I have nothing to compare it to. Regardless... I am impressed. The games are very clear (esp. at night)... but also very viewable in heavy light as well.... I mean... I won't be playing it in heavy light but... it's good to know I won't be squinting in order to get a good view of the game.

Top screen is clearer (obviously)... but if I keep the bottom screen clean and I don't pound it like a small child might.. I can't imagine it staying that much duller than the top.

On a different note... I'm happy I got the Crimson version. It's different... when I took it out of the book it was very eye catching (cause I was thinking it would be RED... but... Crimson is a VERY excellent description of the color)... and when kept clear of fingerprints... it shines really nicely. Again... I'm not taking it out very much (if not at all)... but for my own enjoyment it's just fine :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Apple Jax said:
Having not had a DS before... I have nothing to compare it to. Regardless... I am impressed. The games are very clear (esp. at night)... but also very viewable in heavy light as well.... I mean... I won't be playing it in heavy light but... it's good to know I won't be squinting in order to get a good view of the game.

Top screen is clearer (obviously)... but if I keep the bottom screen clean and I don't pound it like a small child might.. I can't imagine it staying that much duller than the top.

On a different note... I'm happy I got the Crimson version. It's different... when I took it out of the book it was very eye catching (cause I was thinking it would be RED... but... Crimson is a VERY excellent description of the color)... and when kept clear of fingerprints... it shines really nicely. Again... I'm not taking it out very much (if not at all)... but for my own enjoyment it's just fine :)
I used to have the big DS from around launch but sold it due to losing interest. Now I just got a DSL for 30 dollars a couple days ago. I am liking it much more this time around. Picked up FF3 to commemorate my purchase.

toneroni

Kadey said:
Inuyasha, Bleach and Kenshin plushies, Slim PSP headphones/remote, guide, another HDMI cable, Halo 3 goodies, keychains, magnets, pins, etc, and various other.

Stuff-1.jpg
nice toys :D
I think i saw those plushes at FYE but i usually get those kinda things in chinatown in ny.

Congrats to everyone who got those the HD-DVD. Amazon has it for 179 w/heroes as well but w/o the 2 free movies. Some people have pricematched successfully with Circuit City. I picked up transformers and 300 ;). I heard its in the system now at BB so you should just be able to pick up the movies, heroes and the drive and take it to the counter. Too bad my 360 is red ringed! ugh

hobart

That was the main reason why I didn't pick up a DS way back when it launched... just looked way too bulky.

This one is VERY manageable... my only complaint is when I play Mario Kart... my right thumb cramps a bit from holding down the (A?) button. It's a "little" tight... but... defintely manageable.

And... yah... it's a much more attractive machine in it's LITE version.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
toneroni said:
nice toys :D
I think i saw those plushes at FYE but i usually get those kinda things in chinatown in ny.

I have another box or two of stuff coming hopefully next week.

dankir

Was a pretty good month.

so lets start off with stuff I paid for

PGR4 and 500GB HDD

IMG_3271.jpg

Masterpiece Skywarp and some Tru Commemoratives

IMG_3273.jpg

HD Movies

IMG_3274.jpg

Now on to the free stuff. I recently became a staff member at ps3center.net so the three PS3 games and those headphones I got for free because I've either reviewed or are in the process of reviewing them :D:D

IMG_3272.jpg

If anybody is interested here are my two published articles so far

Sega Rally Revo review
http://www.ps3center.net/article-112-SEGA-Rally-Revo-Review.html

GT5: Prologue demo impressions
http://ps3center.net/article-113-PCN-Gran-Turismo-5-Prologue-Demo-Impressions.html

I posted last months pickup thread my new Samsung LN5265f 1080p LCD and best buy threw in a FREE blu ray player got that today. Its on ebay if anybody is interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140172472242&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

IMG_3267.jpg

Not a bad month :D

Milabrega said:
They are all that is awesome about Beagles, without the annoying bark!! (they don't get fat like beagles do too)

Thanks for the info. I have started research on different breeds of pups... So far the puggle and the yorkie are my two favorites for baby pups.

DSC00910.jpg

Decided to finally post a pickup. Had to get those trigun boxsets... I LOVE TRIGUN. Barnes and Noble dented the tin can a little but since it is their final copy I cant argue. Plus Geneon is closing up shop and I needed to get them before they would cost me 150+ on ebay. Oh yeah. HELLSING ULTIMATE III rocks... Mr. Anderson figurine FTW.

This first pic is all the crap I picked up in September + October
NewShit.jpg

And all the crap I got this month [The Halo 3 Tin, H3 Controller, and limited edition 360 were given to me on my birthday, got the helmet on launch]
morenewshit.jpg

By the way, if I go back to bestbuy will they give me the other two DVD's I did not recieve on Sunday or should I call corporate first and go get them?

Maggot9

Banned
MarkMan said:
1753512048_194e28a3d0.jpg

Lazy pile picture...

Eye of Judgment is pretty fun! More than I expected!

are you the guy who got all that SH stuff from E for All signed by Akira? Is that the actual SH0 game?

fr4nz

decon said:
Do want! Can't find it on any EU sites though :(

Bought mine on play-asia ... it cost me 100$ with the shipping cost but it worth it imho. There's no way that i'll play a fighting game with a pad anymore ;)

ZeMMiK

I went El Cheapo.

controllers 65% off at Amazon (18 pounds) / Game secondhand 30euro.

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

Xbox360 version is a little better in graphics but I buy that also lateron when it is on sale.

Flock

ZeMMiK said:
I went El Cheapo.

controllers 65% off at Amazon (18 pounds) / Game secondhand 30euro.

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

Xbox360 version is a little better in graphics but I buy that also lateron when it is on sale.

lol, same tv as me :D

11spes6.jpg

Cooler Master Stacker CM 832
Q6600
400GB Western DigitalHardDrive
Asus P5N32-E SLi nForce 680i MOBO
Coolermaster Real Power 620w Modular Power Supply

Also have on the way 2GB of RAM, a new DVD writer and a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU heatsink
:)

Top Bottom