• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Thanks to whoever posted about these first :)

BTygQCgIcAAlKMs.jpg

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
More Nintendo love this month:

Wii U:

wkF1BFZ.jpg

PlatinumGames 3DS/DS:

1nQTYQz.jpg

Only games I still have to buy are Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Wonderful 101.

Nintendo 3DS:

jltr9uI.jpg

Very nice stand, I think I will also use it for other games.

HNjBcFl.jpg

dubq

Been buying a lot of new stuff for our living room to re-organize how we store our entertainment related stuff. Still re-organizing my games/movies but here's a couple photos of the LED back lighting we picked up (hooray IKEA) and installed last night after work:

1175140_209936625834972_1725184477_n.jpg

1185462_209936195835015_2130474770_n.jpg

Darkwater

Been buying a lot of new stuff for our living room to re-organize how we store our entertainment related stuff. Still re-organizing my games/movies but here's a couple photos of the LED back lighting we picked up (hooray IKEA) and installed last night after work:

I'm a little confused. Does that work like ambilight would or doesn't it? It looks good and if it's as simple as a trip to IKEA then I'm on the next damn train.

Chairhome

I'm a little confused. Does that work like ambilight would or doesn't it? It looks good and if it's as simple as a trip to IKEA then I'm on the next damn train.

If its the same one i have, its just a set of LEDs that can be hooked up to a control unit that will let you cycle through some colors. I got the same ones (I think)

dubq

Yeah, basically. It has 8 hues and can either display a static colour or cycle through the colours (slow or instant transitions). The only thing I would like for it would be to able to adjust the brightness, but I'm happy for what I spent on it. ;)

Darkwater

Yeah, basically. It has 8 hues and can either display a static colour or cycle through the colours (slow or instant transitions). The only thing I would like for it would be to able to adjust the brightness, but I'm happy for what I spent on it. ;)

So it's not dependent on whatever color is dominant on-screen?

Oh I see what you mean. No, it's not. It's very basic for just $40. There is a control wheel where you choose the colour that the LEDs display.
Looks nice man. I'm thinking of doing something like that myself sometime in the future. How did you attach the led bars to your tv though? Double sided duct tape or something?

Looks nice man. I'm thinking of doing something like that myself sometime in the future. How did you attach the led bars to your tv though? Double sided duct tape or something?
Assuming it's the same one that I have behind my TV (sounds like it is), the LED bar is a flexible strip with strong double sided tape attached to the back - you can just stick it to the back of your TV. It's pretty good, although the connection from the strip to the wire is a bit weak and will break if you need to keep unplugging and reconnecting it.

so1337

remaster means it has been remastered.

gsm_169_ffx_comparisoo4snc.jpg

like this but with music.
Could you run that by me again???

I know what a remaster is. It just strikes me as a bit weird that they'd remaster a 16-bit soundtrack. I really like the Uematsu Piano Collections so I was hoping for something like that, I guess. These are not that, apparently.

BOTEC

The remasters are just the original SNES tracks rerecorded with higher fidelity. They do sound better if you listen to them side by side. If you want some clarification on semantics, piano/techno/rock renditions of originals are called "arranged." So you're looking for Arrange Soundtracks (AST), as opposed to Original Soundtracks (OST).

Edit: I got mine directly from amazon.co.jp, they ship internationally for 2,000 yen extra (roughly $20).

dubq

Assuming it's the same one that I have behind my TV (sounds like it is), the LED bar is a flexible strip with strong double sided tape attached to the back - you can just stick it to the back of your TV. It's pretty good, although the connection from the strip to the wire is a bit weak and will break if you need to keep unplugging and reconnecting it.

Yup! Double sided tape FTW! It also comes with screws/mounting brackets if you were putting it onto the panel of an entertainment unit, or I guess the wall. But yeah, I opted to go with the less invasive tape. I do agree that the connectors are a bit weak, I felt like I was going to break one of them when trying to get it into the main "switch" but luckily didn't. ;)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Bought a grip of PS3 games in the last week or two, thanks in part to sales:

GqnEtHH.jpg

Haven't actually considered opening and playing any of them yet.

Picked up a few other things also but this is what I got most recently I think lol

Missing DOA Ultimate and a BluRay or 2

20130809_172418_zps42cabe57.jpg

20130812_172144_zps4f5e7521.jpg

20130813_154610_zps131a467c.jpg

20130819_141435_zps17635985.jpg

20130813_190702_zpseacf6826.jpg

20130819_164857_zpsa588bb3a.jpg

20130820_172507_zps84e3dfe0.jpg

20130821_175044_zpse16aec6b.jpg

20130826_154754_zpsaa428b97.jpg

20130826_154811_zps31d462c0.jpg

20130903_154505_zps899fd094.jpg

Oh and a new PSU as my other ate shit

Regiruler

What does "Remaster Version" mean? Piano? Orchestrated?

A remaster usually cleans up the quality of the recording that was hindered by recording quality of older equipment. Sometimes, they play the piece again for a second recording instead of touching up the original, and occasionally they add small things.
Not game music, but this is an example I like to use as the difference is apparent immediately:
Original recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLXT4NjKSk
Remaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02q8kPJn_e4

EDIT: Apparently you already knew what a remastering was. I was just clarifying as the first response wasn't very good at explaining it.

dubq

I should note that this is my third time buying Skyrim. Once on release day 11.11.11 for PS3, a second time about 6 months later on Steam when I finally got a better PC, and now the Legendary Edition for PS3.. I guess I'm a bit obsessed... ;)

Ultima_5

I should note that this is my third time buying Skyrim. Once on release day 11.11.11 for PS3, a second time about 6 months later on Steam when I finally got a better PC, and now the Legendary Edition for PS3.. I guess I'm a bit obsessed... ;)

Does the new copy fix all the bugs of the ps3 one? Have they patched it yet? Have the reg copy unopened and really wanna play it sorta

dubq

Does the new copy fix all the bugs of the ps3 one? Have they patched it yet? Have the reg copy unopened and really wanna play it sorta

The final patch was 1.9 and it is included in the Legendary Edition. It optimizes a lot of things that was wrong with it, but it's still far from perfect. The DLC comes on-disc, but you have to install each one. I find that the laggy bugs get worse once Dawnguard gets added.. it seems that it adds too much to the main game world which may be too much for the PS3 to handle and things can get messy if you're not playing "smartly" (Ie: not dropping weapons on the ground, etc).

how's the build quality of the gba clone? it easy to use? does it use a flash cart or can it take regular carts too? Also how much if you don't mind me asking?

Always get a kick out of clone systems

edit, can it also play regular gb/gbc games?

Build quality is OK. It's not 3DS-quality, but it's no letdown either. Backlit screen is really nice. It plays gb/gbc/various other games through built-in emulator. It's not always great though, the NES emu is pretty bad. It comes with a gba-cart into which you plug a micro-sim. You get a 8GB card with the machine. It plays regular legal GBA carts as well. From what I read around the net, it's the best dedicated GBA clone on the market.

It has an annoying save issue/bug, so you always need to quit the games in a 3 step manner.

The_Monk

After such nice previous pick-up post of mine, it's such a shame this one is a bad one.

xzCPkL4l.jpg

Went to dentist. Already spent 300€ and will have to spend at least another 300€. That's 600€ in less than a Month. No more games for me until the end of November/start of December at least. To make things worst my lady's grandfather passed away yesterday so she had to travel for the funeral.

Guess I'll stick around with my good fellow GAFfers, at least I'll have this amazing, fine Community to help distract myself.

Top Bottom