• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSX

Found this in my car trunk WTF!? 👀💦

RxBiDMr.jpg

Last edited:

skit_data

Edit: Cmon Sony, just let everyone run Lances unsigned code! Its THERE, it WORKS! Probably just a click of a button away from being available to everyone!

Some more info on things that would present problems with letting everyone access this version:

Last edited:

Edit: Cmon Sony, just let everyone run Lances unsigned code! Its THERE, it WORKS! Probably just a click of a button away from being available to everyone!

It's heavily rumoured they're working on a remaster for the game which will be 60FPS and most likely include higher-res textures and other things.

It's also rumoured this remaster will be coming to PC as well and it makes sense, this game has a weird type of cult popularity even amongst non-playstation gamers.

skit_data

It's heavily rumoured they're working on a remaster for the game which will be 60FPS and most likely include higher-res textures and other things.

It's also rumoured this remaster will be coming to PC as well and it makes sense, this game has a weird type of cult popularity even amongst non-playstation gamers.
The more i listen to Richard and John talking about it, the more i get the impression they know something we dont... maybe its just me imagining things

The more i listen to Richard and John talking about it, the more i get the impression they know something we dont... maybe its just me imagining things
Funnily enough I noticed that too, I find it suspicious how the made a lot of disclaimers before speculating on why we haven't gotten a remaster yet and there answers seemed "too well informed" especially when it came to the nature of the game engine and how BC code is handled on the PS5 as well as the logistics of the whole thing.

I know both John and Richard know a lot of inside information about upcoming titles but of course they'll be putting their credibility and relationships at a big risk. However I am glad Digital Foundry don't delve into leaks and rumours in general.

DJ12

It was for GDC, it was originally for devs only. It makes sense for the timing for I doubt Sony could've come up with the time or to-do to set up an exclusive, private streaming conference for specific eyes only.
Well aware of this, when they changed it to be a "let everyone know" rather than just devs, it became the wrong time to do it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Jstevensen on era hyping up ratchet in the next gen visuals thread.

M4Te2MW.jpg

tbh, while I think it looks better than most games this gen, I am still not blown away by it. I dont think it looks a generational leap ahead and I expected better from insomniac. Their decision to make this native 4k is beyond stupid. What a waste of GPU resources. They are basically using half of the GPU to render 2x more pixels no one is gonna care about, not even DF in this day and age. Expected more common sense from such a talented studio.

Same goes for GG and PD tbh. I have no idea why this focus on native 4k from Sony studios of all studios. Horizon is cross gen so it kind of makes sense since they cant really push the GPU too hard to keep parity. GT7 doesnt need to be native 4k 60 fps. Push the damn visual fidelity.

Vagos48

I mean who gives a fuck to a crisper cutscene if during gameplay blurriness is atrocious...even the HUD is affect the fuck Nixxes thought that's simply horrible such CBR. I really don't understand what was complicated about native dynamic. The only thing could be the engine code doesn't works particularly well on ps5 with native output for 60 fps and it requires too much investment to fix it. It's not the first game enhanced via patch on ps5 with a massive difference in pixels counts compared series X. I'd like to know the hell it's the cause everytime and still I'm not convinced ps5 doesn't requires BC for games enhanced via patch. If you look to the Cerny presentation, he clearly says there 3 BC modes. PS4 native, PS4 pro native and ps5 enhanced . Now the fuck is the ps5 enhanced for if PS4 base and pro works automatically as the res or fps improvement with uncapped setting? Maybe it means games natively coded on previous generation are still BC and developers unlock the ps5 mode and adds more effects via patch? It's not clear to me
PS4 pro will always be the base for any future patch. If it was CBR , CBR will be . If it was DRS, DRS will be. However, CBR is not a bad implementation by default. God of War is CBR and is beautiful in 4K 60 FPS on PS5 after the patch.

ethomaz

Banned

M4Te2MW.jpg

tbh, while I think it looks better than most games this gen, I am still not blown away by it. I dont think it looks a generational leap ahead and I expected better from insomniac. Their decision to make this native 4k is beyond stupid. What a waste of GPU resources. They are basically using half of the GPU to render 2x more pixels no one is gonna care about, not even DF in this day and age. Expected more common sense from such a talented studio.

Same goes for GG and PD tbh. I have no idea why this focus on native 4k from Sony studios of all studios. Horizon is cross gen so it kind of makes sense since they cant really push the GPU too hard to keep parity. GT7 doesnt need to be native 4k 60 fps. Push the damn visual fidelity.
Since when native 4k is bad?

GT7 should be native 4k without these post processing burrying tech.

Water blower

Please have a funny bone
Ah some sort of 'joke'? OK fine but the broader point that these 2 consoles that came out 3 days of each were always going to perform similarly. The biggest differences are the games and policies of the platform holders. That is where the biggest differences lie. Looking to Twitter for a strawman to beat up is pretty silly.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

M4Te2MW.jpg

its dynamic 4k (probably same great dynamic with temporal upscaling as in spiderman)
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K and HDR compatible TV or display.
and we don't know what resolution chose guerilla games (just please not cb)

Last edited:

JTCx

Show one post where I claimed PS5 was going to get blown out of the water by Xbox. Just one I'll wait.
Appeal to ignorance. Dont try to front.

You know that shit turned you on when snakeoil phil revealed that magical 12tf number. Now you and the rest of your flunkies are trying to sing a different tune.

Revisionist history at its finest. The best part is that this wasnt even long ago. :messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

Last edited:

SlimySnake

He is started his first day controller holder job. Wish him luck he just got hired by me 😂

lgkUMDD.jpg

embRv9L.jpg

ZXSK70x.jpg
might i suggest a bigger screen? that looks like a 24 inch screen. you dont even have to buy an OLED. just get a good LED from Sony. 65 inches then sit like 4-5 feet away. its far more immersive.
its dynamic 4k (probably same great dynamic with temporal upscaling as in spiderman)

and we don't know what resolution chose guerilla games (just please not cb)
i thought both trailers were native 4k. DF did pixel counting and found no drops in the gameplay segments of ratchet.

sncvsrtoip

might i suggest a bigger screen? that looks like a 24 inch screen. you dont even have to buy an OLED. just get a good LED from Sony. 65 inches then sit like 4-5 feet away. its far more immersive.

i thought both trailers were native 4k. DF did pixel counting and found no drops in the gameplay segments of ratchet.
maybe was in this trailer but its official that is same approach as in Miles Morales. Horizon trailer wasn't gameplay so hard to say if will be same approach in gameplay
Representative of PS5 gaming experiences. Not actual gameplay.

• Love
Reactions: PSX

SlimySnake

maybe was in this trailer but its official that is same approach as in Miles Morales. Horizon trailer wasn't gameplay so hard to say if will be same approach in gameplay

Hmm.. i thought Miles was native 4k. Didnt know they were using temporal injection in the 30 fps version.

sncvsrtoip

Hmm.. i thought Miles was native 4k. Didnt know they were using temporal injection in the 30 fps version.
In 30fps was very close to native according to df and with temporal they cant even see difference (they temporal upscaling solution is really good as for me game is quite sharp even with this new rt 60fps mode using 1440p internal res, mich better than cb)

Hunnybun

I would imagine that R&C's dynamic 4k 30fps mode will be pretty close to native, given that they have a 60fps mode at a lower base resolution.

I mean, they're going to need a pretty high native number at 30fps to be able to double the frame rate without going down to too low a base resolution.

I agree that native 4k is a waste of resources, but as long as we keep getting 60fps modes then I'm happy.

Also, Ratchet looks incredible and every bit a next gen leap imo.

Last edited:

Hashi

Recontruction (or checkerboard - first used in KZSF multiplayer) is in some cases similar to "play backwards Anti-aliasing"

If u use logic, frame with AA isnt true full res.. similar to CMOS sensors with low-pass filter.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Recontruction (or checkerboard - first used in KZSF multiplayer) is in some cases similar to "play backwards Anti-aliasing"

If u use logic, frame with AA isnt true full res.. similar to CMOS sensors with low-pass filter.
I remember that I couldn’t play at day one the Shadow Fall MP and posted my experience.... I found the SP graphics and gameplay pretty good but the MP was atrocious.... I posted a lot of pics from the MP.

People told me I was just hating when DF asked devs and the resolution was indeed cremated from half 1080p lol

It is even today the lower timer I had with a Killzone MP... I just can’t play it for long sessions.

However thought it was a good ideia should be removed from that position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom