• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvfab

Banned
Do you think that the series s is worse than pc (the average pc) than holding back the game design?
I really don't get this argument. On PC, if you have a demanding game, you can rise the minimum requirements. And it would be really sad if they don't start rising soon.

We are already seeing heavy compromises with games on XSS, with sub-full hd resolutions on cross-gen games. How do you think real "next-gen" games will perform in a few years?

sncvsrtoip

I can write off Hitman, Avengers and Tony Hawk, but the one that gives me pause is the control photo mode benchmark. It could mean two things. 1) The Xbox GPU is being held back by some kind of bottleneck in the CPU, RAM or I/O because that massive photo mode difference isnt translating into gameplay. 2) The PS5 isnt performing as well as it should be.

I ran a lot of tests on Control's photo mode on my PC and it was behaving more or less the same in gameplay as it did in photomode. I saw the same drops during gameplay and photomode, and i saw GPU usage max out in photomode just like it does during gameplay. so it's not like photomode doesnt utilize the GPU when its not in gameplay.

Control is an important benchmark because its pretty much the only game that pushes physics and CPU utilization which should be the norm in next gen only titles. Because of this, I do wonder if the PS5 will keep up like it did during the launch games. I think RE8 while being cross gen might be another title that ends up showing a big difference. I wouldnt be surprised if they go checkerboard vs native like they did with RE3 last gen on the pro and x1x. I guess we will find out next month.

lHhPGbN.gif
isn't Control on avarage in this photomode around 16% faster on xsx ? wouldn't call it big deal ;d btw did they fixed stutter during gameplay on xsx?

assurdum

Banned
I can write off Hitman, Avengers and Tony Hawk, but the one that gives me pause is the control photo mode benchmark. It could mean two things. 1) The Xbox GPU is being held back by some kind of bottleneck in the CPU, RAM or I/O because that massive photo mode difference isnt translating into gameplay. 2) The PS5 isnt performing as well as it should be.

I ran a lot of tests on Control's photo mode on my PC and it was behaving more or less the same in gameplay as it did in photomode. I saw the same drops during gameplay and photomode, and i saw GPU usage max out in photomode just like it does during gameplay. so it's not like photomode doesnt utilize the GPU when its not in gameplay.

Control is an important benchmark because its pretty much the only game that pushes physics and CPU utilization which should be the norm in next gen only titles. Because of this, I do wonder if the PS5 will keep up like it did during the launch games. I think RE8 while being cross gen might be another title that ends up showing a big difference. I wouldnt be surprised if they go checkerboard vs native like they did with RE3 last gen on the pro and x1x. I guess we will find out next month.

lHhPGbN.gif
Photo mode isn't it exactly a perfect GPU benchmark, especially considered ps5 has variable frequency so who knows how effectively works the GPU in such scenario... anyway RE3 was CBR on both console just higher res on one X but with shitty perfomance so they decreased it.

Last edited:

SSfox

Ratchet getting a PS5 60 fps patch!

Insomniac is easily their most productive studio right now. This game came out way back in early 2016. 5 year old game and Insomniac patching it like it still has legs. Respect. TBH, I dont know wtf GG and ND are doing.

GG were too busy porting Horizon on PC, so no time for PS5 patch, what a nonsens priority right. And i suspect ND are probably in similar position and are working on porting Uncharted and TLOU games on PC.

Sony are putting their energy in the wrong, it will catch them sooner or later.

skit_data

GG were too busy porting Horizon on PC, so no time for PS5 patch, what a nonsens priority right. And i suspect ND are probably in similar position and are working on porting Uncharted and TLOU games on PC.

Sony are putting their energy in the wrong, it will catch them sooner or later.
GG arent responsible for the PC port of HZD, but they are probably busy working on HFW

Last edited:

reksveks

I really don't get this argument. On PC, if you have a demanding game, you can rise the minimum requirements. And it would be really sad if they don't start rising soon.

We are already seeing heavy compromises with games on XSS, with sub-full hd resolutions on cross-gen games. How do you think real "next-gen" games will perform in a few years?
I think the gpu ain't going to be helpful for graphics but game design isnt going to be too impacted. On the PC front, you could raise the min specs but publishers don't do so much cause they don't want to leave the largest chunk of the audience.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
isn't Control on avarage in this photomode around 16% faster on xsx ? wouldn't call it big deal ;d btw did they fixed stutter during gameplay on xsx?
You are right. I just went back and checked that video and he does mention that the average is 16%. The corridor of doom was 33 vs 32 fps. For some reason, I only remember the comparison that showed 46 fps vs 58 fps on the xsx. I wonder why.

Gonna edit out that post.

SlimySnake

Since i have trouble to upload this and it seems to me I put way too much effort into this, I am sharing this here.

Cyberpunk 1.2 version ladies and gentleman. Rememeber any game, which has shit traffic like this? Me neither...even shovelware back in 360/PS3 era was better.

TBH, This was one of the main reasons why I didnt bother playing the game despite buying it on launch day on Steam. I was hoping they would fix stuff like this, but it seems thats not going to happen anytime soon.

This isnt a bug. I just think they faked the original demos and are trying to add NPC and traffic functionality on the fly. Jason was probably right about this game's development.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
TBH, This was one of the main reasons why I didnt bother playing the game despite buying it on launch day on Steam. I was hoping they would fix stuff like this, but it seems thats not going to happen anytime soon.

This isnt a bug. I just think they faked the original demos and are trying to add NPC and traffic functionality on the fly. Jason was probably right about this game's development.
I know that this isn't a bug, but fuck me, why it is so hard to put this placeholder system and instead copy the mechanism from GTA 3 from that fucking github, it's possible to do, it's just. It's just a no. I wanted to 100% the game and shit like this is what prevents from doing so. Story was great, but the world is at best servicable...

SlimySnake

It is for him LOL
oh im sure but why is that in this next gen tech thread lol

i thought John Carmack was joining the insomniac or something. Imagine God Carmack improving their temporal insemination technique.

I know that this isn't a bug, but fuck me, why it is so hard to put this placeholder system and instead copy the mechanism from GTA 3 from that fucking github, it's possible to do, it's just. It's just a no. I wanted to 100% the game and shit like this is what prevents from doing so. Story was great, but the world is at best servicable...
look at the list of bug fixes, it seems they are still working on fixing literally hundreds of bugs. Its quite impressive that their programming team fixed hundreds of issues since the last patch two months ago. But that also shows that they are just doing support work. Im guessing any kind of R&D work is on hold for now.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
oh im sure but why is that in this next gen tech thread lol

i thought John Carmack was joining the insomniac or something. Imagine God Carmack improving their temporal insemination technique.

look at the list of bug fixes, it seems they are still working on fixing literally hundreds of bugs. Its quite impressive that their programming team fixed hundreds of issues since the last patch two months ago. But that also shows that they are just doing support work. Im guessing any kind of R&D work is on hold for now.
You see this list are really common before laungh, I worked at QA...so I know this well. It might seems impressive to some but for me it screams: It's not ready.

I understand where you're trying to lead me to Metroid don't worry, you can rest assured that I've already gotten pretty acquainted with some of the specifics of SFS, at least from some of the reading i've done on the matter. Regarding point number 1, I've already hazarded a guess that SFS extends upon the tiled resources offered by D3D12 a long time ago and fixes or at least tries to fix some limitations that were present before while introducing some of its own.

With regards to number 2, Microsoft said that in order to produce the same results SFS gives, one would need 2.5-3x the storage bandwidth in order to brute force it. So let's say that SFS helps stream 600 MBs of assets in any given second, if you were to do it without SFS you'd need storage that offers at least a speed 1500 MB per Second to achieve the same result. With SFS the bandwidth efficiency is improved so it needs less to bandwidth to achieve a specific result.

Now the PS5 can just as easily achieve that as the I/O block is beyond capable of doing what SFS does in its own way using a different approach. So Xbox has the custom SFS filters in hardware and PS5 has the I/O, they can both possibly lead to the same outcome using radically different approaches. Primitive Shaders and Mesh Shaders both push towards the same end goal, but the approaches they take towards achieving that end goal are radically different. As to Which one's superior, I'd say neither, as they're both unique in their own ways.

Some hardcore fanboys try to push this narrative that SFS somehow magically doubles or triples the speed offered by the ssd, but this isn't some magical, out of this world hardware that bends the laws of physics and engineering and that's just... not how things work. It just doubles or triples the bandwidth efficiency meaning it uses less and requires less to reach the streaming end goal.
One doesn't have to necessarily say that one's superior than the other, only that they do things differently and it just works hopefully when you need it to.

The delta isn't as big as some people try to make it seem. At least it won't manifest with remasters of previous gen games as the engines haven't yet been adapted to make use of most of the powerful new features offered by either of these two consoles and it's possible that it'll stay that way for a while longer. For now though, we'll only see a glimpse of those features in use by exclusives and perhaps even Battlefield 6. Hopefully, as EA is known to aim very high up, pretty early on.
I like to see someone with moderate point of view lets continue with this.

Yes the SF is an improvement but the thing is how much compare to the current implementation in Xbox one in realistic scenarios.

Second yeah that doesn't sound realistic because nobody which is making a AAA game with high end graphics using brute force in order
to storage/streaming textures even you can make a project in UE4 and use virtual textures so even the indie games can use it.

As someone already mention this kind of feature like SF exist in a primitive way since Rage age with megatexture, which yes is not the same but
use a similar principle that things like Tiled resources (Xbox one) and Partially Resident Textures (PS4) will use after. All this born from the necessity of
have good textures in the small memory of Xbox 360/PS3 era.

Last edited:
Since i have trouble to upload this and it seems to me I put way too much effort into this, I am sharing this here.

Cyberpunk 1.2 version ladies and gentleman. Rememeber any game, which has shit traffic like this? Me neither...even shovelware back in 360/PS3 era was better.

Wow. Next gen is here.

Zoro7

Banned

This has been a bigger let down than Haze on Ps3.... anyone remember that....the hype.

I never said the xss and the switch are equal in performance. I used it as an easy to grasp example as to why supporting that console inherently limits what can be achieved for the entire generation.
Don't tell me about ray tracing on the xss, let's even see if they can run any proper AAA next gen game at a playable framerate first.

It's my sincere opinion that console (xss) is a turd that will be stinking the entire generation, or until 3rd parties (or MS) realize nobody is buying it and finally kill it. Afaik the sales of that thing are pretty low compared to the main one, but feel free to correct me otherwise.
Well if you acknowledge that the XSS is not the same performance as the Switch it's safe to assume it wouldn't hamper this generation anyway like the Switch would. You could not identify any features the XSS lacks that the XSX has. Outside of the blu-ray drive there aren't any. Unless you think the blu-ray is the key to pushing this generation forward the XSS will not hold back anything but it obviously won't lead the way in graphic performance. You are free to feel any way you want but thankfully this generations outcome won't be determined by your feelings.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

So did you forget this happened?

Microsoft announces Kinect-less SKU
So you predicted back when the X1 launched they would drop the Kinect? Show your post proving that. If the best you have is a post I made back in 2014(!) when there was no evidence that the X1 Kinect was optional I'm OK with that.

You predicted that the XSS would get worse and worse in performance and devs would never be able to utilize its features. Going against decades of precedence with regards to console development. PS3 and even the Saturn got better with time yet the XSS stands alone to go backwards? Laughable. I'm far more comfortable with my predictions than yours. The XSS won't be dropped and performance will improve count on it.

SSfox

They better fix this game before GTA6 comes out, because once GTA6 will come out all ther other open world urban style games will look like game cube games compare to GTA.

Yes the SF is an improvement but the thing is how much compare to the current implementation in Xbox one in realistic scenarios.

Second yeah that doesn't sound realistic because nobody which is making a AAA game with high end graphics using brute force in order
to storage/streaming textures even you can make a project in UE4 and use virtual textures so even the indie games can use it.

As someone already mention this kind of feature like SF exist in a primitive way since Rage age with megatexture, which yes is not the same but
use a similar principle that things Tiled resources (Xbox one) and Partially Resident Textures (PS4) will use after. All this born from the necessity of
You are absolutely right, nobody brute forces things anymore these days are long gone. Texture and asset streaming efficiency improves year over year which definitely has helped in getting rid of some of the inherent limitations present in streaming that manifested decades ago and has become much less of a problem with the 8th gen consoles with the introduction of tiled resources and prt and it seems like the limitations present during asset/texture streaming or some of them at least are slowly becoming a thing of the past with the introduction of far more potent I/O and of course SFS so it’s great to see that those jarring lod transitions are now starting to become much less of a nuisance than they were before and it seems like the console makers are working with devs in order to make these lod transitions much smoother.

It’s great to see all the research being pushed towards improving the graphics pipeline for devs through the implementation of better, more efficient hardware, which will result in much smoother development of games and much less time wasted towards duplicating assets to help with mitigating the godawful streaming speeds present in magnetic hdds. With the ssds and the improvements in both hardware and software in both consoles the future is looking bright for gamedevs. No longer will they be hindered in terms of how many unique assets they could use, like they were hindered in the past due to need for asset duplication required to help with streaming. This means better, more lush and detailed worlds which translate to a bigger feast for the eyes for gamers.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Well if you acknowledge that the XSS is not the same performance as the Switch it's safe to assume it wouldn't hamper this generation anyway like the Switch would. You could not identify any features the XSS lacks that the XSX has. Outside of the blu-ray drive there aren't any. Unless you think the blu-ray is the key to pushing this generation forward the XSS will not hold back anything but it obviously won't lead the way in graphic performance. You are free to feel any way you want but thankfully this generations outcome won't be determined by your feelings.

So you predicted back when the X1 launched they would drop the Kinect? Show your post proving that. If the best you have is a post I made back in 2014(!) when there was no evidence that the X1 Kinect was optional I'm OK with that.

You predicted that the XSS would get worse and worse in performance and devs would never be able to utilize its features. Going against decades of precedence with regards to console development. PS3 and even the Saturn got better with time yet the XSS stands alone to go backwards? Laughable. I'm far more comfortable with my predictions than yours. The XSS won't be dropped and performance will improve count on it.
Lots of people predicted and wished it to be dropped back then.

You were defending Kinect with everything you had. Saying it wouldn't and couldn't happen ... and then it did.

And now you're absolutely sure about your next prediction. Have you not learnt?

Supposedly people get wiser with age.

Last edited:

fingers crossed for the upcoming Witcher game.

speaking of Witcher, they haven't even released the next-gen patch yet ffs!

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Well yeah if you think raytracing on console was targeting 4k and 60 FPS, forget it.
Yeah but that is not my point, the problem here is this occupancy is disappointing and not is not because
is weaker necessarily, is just need optimization but looks for CDPR was enough with "just work".

But don't worry guys we are going to have a video of Alex from DF saying how weak is the RT in AMD GPUs compare to
NVIDIA because who care check if was even optimized.

EDIT: Ignore this post. I was mistaken. snc reminded me that the gap is only 16% on average. For some reason i only remembered the comparison where the xsx hits 58 fps.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

lHhPGbN.gif

I saw your edit.

But one thing I will add is that the differences have not been all that significant. Control wasn't re-tweaked for next-gen, it's basically slapped together port with some new features like RT.

There will be some implementations of features that benefit XSX or PS5, but again the difference isn't going to be all that staggering. Each platform has some pros/cons to it. XSX has a very weird memory set-up, lower clocks, and higher CUs crammed into the same arrays so it will not scale as well as AMDs latest GPUs.

Personally, PS5's design seems more efficiently designed. Sony knew the power footprint and cost limitations and went fast and narrow while XSX seems like it was designed to look better on paper only but isn't really using the extra resources all that well.

Lots of people predicted and wished it to be dropped back then.

You were defending Kinect with everything you had. Saying it wouldn't and couldn't happen ... and then it did.

And now you're absolutely sure about your next prediction. Have you not learnt?

Supposedly people get wiser with age.
When you are wrong you are wrong. You're wrong about the XSS just like I was wrong almost 10 years about a peripheral that was designed at the onset to run with the X1. It takes a brave man to 'predict' the Kinect being dropped in 2021. You are quite the fortune teller. People predicted the Xbox would fold when it came out too and now 20 years later people are still wishing. MS has never dropped a console in the middle of its lifespan and it is folly to believe that will happen now. I am looking forward to seeing how your predictions turns out. PS3 and Saturn get better; XSS gets worse lets see how right you are.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you think that the series s is worse than pc (the average pc) than holding back the game design?
How is the min specs on PC nowadays?

I believe it will fast pass (if not already) Series S specs... that is the biggest difference PC envolve every year... Series S is fixed for at least 7 years.

Last edited:

yewles1

use a similar principle that things like Tiled resources (Xbox one) and Partially Resident Textures (PS4) will use after. All this born from the necessity of
But would SFS help with redundant assets? As we see on PS5, it's showing a clear size difference on certain games and I don't think that's solely due to Kraken, if you know what I mean...

Yeah it looks pathetic. GTAV is way more lively. This game needed like another year or two....I'm unsure if I should even play it when the next gen patch arrives on PS5.

Lesson learned though, I think this is a good case study for the industry. Stuff like this isn't acceptable to rush out.

I wish Media Molecule would start making games rather than engines.

The problem is that their tools are powerful and deep, yet nobody will really use them because it's hugely time consuming to make games and there's no monetization. They need to think of a way to integrate advertisement money and or paid DLC for the best stuff to encourage game makers to make content.

It's all very experimental but not very fun. I don't have Dreams yet though, just going by what I've seen. Same problem happened with LBP.

Studio is insanely talented, I can't imagine how good they'd make an open world platformer type adventure if given the resources.

thelastword

Banned

Is it raytraced though? That's all that matters for the next-genniness.....

Sinthor

Gold Member

Exactly. This is just another incremental, evolutionary improvement. Not some revolutionary new feature that will radically change the face of games and game development today. It's a nice, solid bump, in other words.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Was hyped as fuck for this:

Oh I remember! That song and music video by Korn hyping it up...this thing was the 'Halo killer' the way it was being talked up. To me, it was the first big indicator that developers were having a hard as fuck time figuring out the PS3 architecture with all of the SPE's, etc. I actually enjoyed the final game, but the delays and negative press it garnered due to the issues they had really took it down quite a bit. In the end, I thought it was a good solid shooter, but had that kind of 'muddy colors' thing that a lot of the 360 titles and early PS3 titles had.

Sinthor

Gold Member

fingers crossed for the upcoming Witcher game.

speaking of Witcher, they haven't even released the next-gen patch yet ffs!

Upcoming Witcher game? I thought I had read that they didn't have the license, nor any plans for further Witcher games? Also as far as the patch....hell, until they can get CyberPunk REALLY running and get a next-gen version of THAT out the door (which is what they really need) we cal all forget about a PS5 patch for Witcher 3. I think they have bigger issues and priorities just now. :)

dcmk7

Banned
When you are wrong you are wrong. You're wrong about the XSS just like I was wrong almost 10 years about a peripheral that was designed at the onset to run with the X1. It takes a brave man to 'predict' the Kinect being dropped in 2021. You are quite the fortune teller. People predicted the Xbox would fold when it came out too and now 20 years later people are still wishing. MS has never dropped a console in the middle of its lifespan and it is folly to believe that will happen now. I am looking forward to seeing how your predictions turns out. PS3 and Saturn get better; XSS gets worse lets see how right you are.

What is interesting is that initially you said you wasn't wrong at all.
I was right what's your point?

I haven't made any prediction, I don't know what you're talking about can you show me? Or something you have just made up?

But if the Series S doesn't sell well it would become increasingly easier for Microsoft to stop marketing it and eventually drop it.

Companies don't usually stick around with products which are unpopular, just look back on Wii U, PS Vita and Kinect.

Especially if developers are already complaining about it.

Last edited:

vivftp

If we get all this in the next two years or even some of this then great. But I am not putting my trust in the rumor machine. Especially these fabled "second" projects that have wound up getting cancelled in the past before they are even announced. For example, the San Diego team was supposedly working on a launch window game since they started up the studio in 2017. So far absolutely nothing. Not a single screenshot. If we believe rumors, their project was cancelled and a bunch of people left. so three years of work with nothing to show.

Besides, those second projects by SSM, GG, Bluepoint and ND were exactly what James and I were asking for. Multiple teams within Sony studios instead of going out there wasting billions buying studios that wouldve released games on their console anyway. So you basically agree with what we were saying.

Lastly, I dont really want sequels. I actually hate that Nintendo is still forcing its devs to make Mario and Zelda. That MS is forcing devs to make Halo and Gears. What I am saying is that Sony has cut ties with so many of those studios that made playstation playstation that it makes me question if they still care about ps fans. Now again, if they turn around and release all those new games you have listed from SOny's first party studios then great. But I just dont see ND, SSM, GG and Bluepoint turning around and releasing another AAA game just a year after launching their last game. especially since it is taking them longer than ever to release even a single game.

Games get cancelled all the time and most of the time the public never even hears about it, that's just a reality of the industry. You just cast a wide enough net to ensure that even a couple of cancelled projects won't diminish your total output too significantly and IMO Sony's done that.

Indeed, expanding their internal studios (ie. organic growth) is what Sony's been touting for a while and something I fully support. I wouldn't mind if all their bigger studios could get multiple malleable teams to eventually have output on the same level as Insomniac. In just a several month span Insomniac will have released Spider-Man Remastered, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and an update for Ratchet and Clank 2016. This is after releasing Stormland and Strangelets in 2019 and Spider-man and Seedling in 2018. By no means do I want Sony's other studios to stop doing their massive prestige titles, but if they're able to grow to the point where they can manage multiple projects simultaneously then great! :)

As for cutting ties with devs, things change over the course of decades. I completely don't get the idea that they don't care about PS fans, at all. It's worth keeping in mind that even if some of those devs are no longer making exclusive first party content for PlayStation, that doesn't mean their games won't still come to PlayStation. Some may not, but it's still likely a lot of them will. As for older IP, if an internal Sony studio doesn't want to work on an IP then it appears Sony is fine to farm some of them out if they find the right partner. Sackboy A Big Adventure was farmed out to Sumo as an example. We also know that a Twisted Metal TV series is in the works meaning a game could also be coming. A Sly Cooper animated series was being made but has disappeared for a while, but if it's still occurring then another game could also be coming. There are tons of studios out there that Sony could choose to partner with to make new entries in their legacy IP.

As for ND, SSM, GG or Bluepoint releasing another AAA game after a year, obviously that's not going to happen in every instance. If they go multi-team then every 2 years is a possibility. Some of their studios are also working on smaller projects and DLC between the bigger ones to maintain the flow of content. Let's look at Naughty Dog this past gen

June 2013 - TLOU
Feb 2014 - TLOU Left Behind
July 2014 - TLOU Remastered
May 2016 - Uncharted 4
Aug 2017 - Uncharted The Lost Legacy
June 2020 - TLOU2

They've still got Factions 2 that they're working on, a likely PS5 update for TLOU2 and their next big project.

SSM had their second team that could have released another game in addition to God of War, but that project fell through. Despite that SSM is rumored to be working on a second title under Cory. GG has grown massively over the past couple of years and is rumored to have a second team working on another multiplayer project.

Expecting a full AAA game each year from these studios is unreasonable, no studio will do that unless it's a yearly franchise like a sports game. Still, they're growing and their overall output has been impressive.

That was a wee bit long winded, especially considering I was initially taking exception to the idea that Sony only outputs 2 AAA games a year, lol. I'd say they're on the right track to maintain a good level of output and they're still growing both via organic growth and are still looking for acquisitions to grow further.

You know, I think I just realized where our disconnect was on that point. You originally mentioned AAA games, but I think what you meant to say is "tentpole releases" or "prestige games". Sony releases tons of AAA games, but fewer prestige games, which may lead to the impression you've got. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Garani

Lol thanks for this. These guys out here fighting hard. Wars on Twitter are hilarious and guys like Senjetsu are everywhere like its a full time job.

That's the only thing they do IRL. Probably they don't even game in the first place.

EDIT: Ignore this post. I was mistaken. snc reminded me that the gap is only 16% on average. For some reason i only remembered the comparison where the xsx hits 58 fps.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

lHhPGbN.gif

Photo mode isn't it exactly a perfect GPU benchmark, especially considered ps5 has variable frequency so who knows how effectively works the GPU in such scenario... anyway RE3 was CBR on both console just higher res on one X but with shitty perfomance so they decreased it.

I keep on saying this to no avail: Photomode is no benchmark. Basically everything else is switched off and there is no need to hit consistant frame rates. The Photomode exist to make high def pictures. That's it.

It's a decent puzzle game. I enjoyed my time with it on PC.

Nude mode in perpective and progression!

That's the only approved use of PC ports :D

Sinthor

Gold Member
That's the only thing they do IRL. Probably they don't even game in the first place.

I keep on saying this to no avail: Photomode is no benchmark. Basically everything else is switched off and there is no need to hit consistant frame rates. The Photomode exist to make high def pictures. That's it.

It's a decent puzzle game. I enjoyed my time with it on PC.

That's the only approved use of PC ports :D
So do you think "Deliver Us the Moon" is worth getting on PS5 if I haven't played it before? It looked interesting to me from the trailer but for some reason I was thinking I had the right idea about it and would enjoy it, OR that I had a completely wrong idea about it and wouldn't like it. :)

But would SFS help with redundant assets? As we see on PS5, it's showing a clear size difference on certain games and I don't think that's solely due to Kraken, if you know what I mean...
SFS is not compression is not related with that.
Exactly. This is just another incremental, evolutionary improvement. Not some revolutionary new feature that will radically change the face of games and game development today. It's a nice, solid bump, in other words.
jack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

Just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom