• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
Bullshit. They gave away his best receiver and he was replaced by an old man. His number one tight end is injured and again, replaced by an old man. They have damn near zero defense tonight, a dead running game and a coach who won't even throw a challenge flag when his player is yelling in his face to. Flacco was overpaid, but he was also the most competent player out on that field for the Ravens tonight.

They also have a QB making shit throws and decisions that, miraculously, haven't fully come back to bite him (dropped pick six in the flat, the roll right + fade back + lob left into double coverage pass).

h1nch

It is so unfair that the Broncos got Manning for nothing. No team should be that lucky.

I prefer to think that the Broncos pre-paid for Manning by triggering a disastrous regime change which ultimately led to a messy divorce from our incumbent franchise QB (still my man crush at the time), 2 embarrassing seasons, and whatever the fuck the Tim Tebow era was about.

Colasante

I hope after this game Ozzie Newsome starts to receive some deserved criticism. He's great, but him being called a genius after every move has grown tiresome. Trading Boldin, almost losing Leach, having Huff and Ihedigbo as the starting safeties... on paper, this definitely doesn't look like a Super Bowl team. But I may have said that at this point last year too, so who the fuck knows.

Cagey

Banned
I prefer to think that the Broncos pre-paid for Manning by triggering a disastrous regime change which ultimately led to a messy divorce from our incumbent franchise QB (still my man crush at the time), 2 embarrassing seasons, and whatever the fuck the Tim Tebow era was about.

It was about embarrassing the Steelers.

All in all, it was worth it.

GQman2121

Banned
A 133,000 teams have picked up Julius Thomas during tonight's game.

What kind of wack ass fantasy league allows you to pickup free agents DURING a game that a player is currently playing in?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I hope after this game Ozzie Newsome starts to receive some deserved criticism. He's great, but him being called a genius after every move has grown tiresome. Trading Boldin, almost losing Leach, having Huff and Ihedigbo as the starting safeties... on paper, this definitely doesn't look like a Super Bowl team. But I may have said that at this point last year too, so who the fuck knows.
Ozzie Newsome is the Joe Dumars of the NFL.

Well, maybe not that bad, but yeah.

They also have a QB making shit throws and decisions that, miraculously, haven't fully come back to bite him (dropped pick six in the flat, the roll right + fade back + lob left into double coverage pass).
Yeah, and about 6 or 7 dropped passes, including one for a touchdown. A blocked punt that set Denver up on the 5, a dumbass rookie running into their number two receiver that knocked him out of the game and so many flags I've lost count by now.

He made one real mistake that came back to bite the team in the ass, he threw an INT. The majority of this games failings has pretty obviously been on everyone surrounding Flacco.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
joe-flacco-money.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom