• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

Banned
Berman getting this gig is like some kind of sportscaster Legacy Contract, right? Because this is painful.

Jim Ross and the king were better calling the xfl than this mess.

iGKblhGFemnpl.gif

The linemen especially. Big guys wear out in up-tempo offenses like that. They (Eagles) do play a Thursday game prior so I would imagine that they will have more rest, and possibly arrive earlier, so they might be somewhat acclimated.
Manning will play up tempo to keep the pressure on the Eagles. Even against Washington Eagles started slowing down after the half; Denver is a better second half team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Secondary is garbgo

effzee

The linemen especially. Big guys wear out in up-tempo offenses like that. They (Eagles) do play a Thursday game prior so I would imagine that they will have more rest, and possibly arrive earlier, so they might be somewhat acclimated.

True.

But one thing I like about Chip is that he won't just run the same gameplan every game.

Obviously they will try to something different against the Broncos.

Godslay

Banned
Manning will play up tempo to keep the pressure on the Eagles. Even against Washington Eagles started slowing down after the half; Denver is a better second half team.

Yeah, I think we can expect the hurry up from both teams.

Eagles slowed down after the half because it doesn't make sense to run a hurry up offense when you are up 26 -7. Basically start winding down the clock. Gives the other team less opportunities to get back in the game.

Historically, we are a better second half team under Fox. I'm interested to see if that holds up with Gase. I think he wants to get things started in the 1st half from the way he talks.

Probably not as many things as Vick.

True they are both terrible people.

Also speaking of Vick he had 4 attempts in the 2nd half. Love that once Chip say the game was over he did everything he could to protect Vick from himself. No doubt Reid would have thrown more even with an insurmountable lead like they had.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This camera crew is kind if amateur hour too. Not seeing the chains, not showing penalties, etc.

effzee

True they are both terrible people.

Also speaking of Vick he had 4 attempts in the 2nd half. Love that once Chip say the game was over he did everything he could to protect Vick from himself. No doubt Reid would have thrown more even with an insurmountable lead like they had.

Yup.

And the only thing that I think that really cost the lead and the momentum was the Avant fumble.

They have a lot to correct. But that's a good thing in week 1 after a win. Chip just said in his presser got a lot of tape on things to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom