• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because Rivers has been bad for too long under Norv Turner, but they forgot how good Rivers was in the past. Maybe he has a come back year?
Whisenhunt's offense is predicated on the qb making quick decisions, whereas norvs was all about developing the play into a long completion. Rivers never had time to do this last year so he had to throw out prayers, but now he's more in control of the offense and can take better care of the ball like when he played under Marty and LT had yet to decline under norv

Godslay

Banned
I am sorry I don't know how that works.

We had Reid for 14 seasons. We had the same gameplan every single week, pre game, and in game.

Also just thinking how much better we might have been if Maclin was healthy and playing.

:jnc

How could I forget?

Eagles looked like they were gassed at points too. Sometimes the best way to beat a fast team is to run the treads. Manning can do that. As long as they start off better than last game, should be alright.

Yeah, it will be interested to see how it all plays out. Should be a good game.

Godslay

Banned
As long as I've been a Denver fan, they're always a second half team. Doesn't matter if the QB is Peyton Manning or Jake "The Snake " Plummer, it always happens.

Superbowl teams especially the second year were first half destroyers. TD sat out some quarters due to blowouts that second year.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Fox318

What a stop.

These Chargers are looking good.

They are gonna knock me out of the survival pool.
LLShC.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WTF Texans, you're on the road, take the 3.

I don't think that was in the range of a total gimme-3 (I mean, still its 40 yards, so not super difficult) by any means and punting would have been pointless. I'm not surprised anyways. A lot of the statisticians have really been pounding on the "go for it more often" drum for years and younger coaches seem to be buying into it.

ChanHuk

Banned
Why was Foster so far away to take the hand off.

He has to, its not a power running team so lanes have to develop rather than brute force used to move linemen. It's the downfall of zone blocking, if you need 1 yard, its difficult since your linemen aren't gonna win the leverage game.

Narag

He has to, its not a power running team so lanes have to develop rather than brute force used to move linemen. It's the downfall of zone blocking, if you need 1 yard, its difficult since your linemen aren't gonna win the leverage game.

What the hell? Are you sober?

Zeke

instead your owner paid romo 100 mill and a glorified mall for a stadium that houses a perennial non factor each and every season
Jerry at least cares enough about the team to spend money on making them shitty, oh yea because houston is such a factor in the postseason

Hopefully the weapons we didn't use tonight will step up.

Ertz and Casey will have to be a big part of the gameplan.

I'd like to see some more 2 back sets with Casey at FB or 3 TE sets. I think when our offense hit a lull, it needed the TEs to catch some short passes across the middle.

Really surprised that Casey didnt have a single target. All the offseason talk about getting him involved I expected something. Watching these play break downs on Eagles Live I cant believe how well the designs worked to get guys wide open. Sadly teams are gonna get wise to that shit quick.

Smokey

Jerry at least cares enough about the team to spend money on making them shitty, oh yea because houston is such a factor in the postseason

cares enough to be middling. this is your year though as it is every season in the first four weeks

I don't think that was in the range of a gimme-3 by any means and punting would have been pointless.

From the 28? In this league? Is their kicker hurt? If they were having trouble moving the ball, I could see wanting to try and maximize points. But it's early, they're on the road, they've shown an ability to move the ball, take the 3. I understand the hate for conservatism, but hate on it when it's warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom