• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Heretic

Bring back the Fisherman!!!

islanders_fisherman.jpg

According to a
poorly done
poll by ESPN, Kronwall is one of the top 3 dirtiest players in the league according to 30 different anonymous NHL players..... right......

He's not dirty... he's cheap!

gaming_noob

Devane called up?.. why? Randy wants to kill (physically) Ottawa on Saturday?

Ummm, Kassian.

McLaren is injured, Clarkson is away for another 8 games and Fraser is hurt. The only guys who can fight will be Orr.

Doesn't matter though, since Kassian will destroy anyone...

It's just one game, but the Canucks don't look like an elite team anymore.

Elite teams don't have Santorelli and Richardson on their third (not fourth) line.

It's just one game, but the Canucks don't look like an elite team anymore.

Elite teams don't have Santorelli and Richardson on their third (not fourth) line.

You're right, Elite Teams have Cleary on their third line instead.

And Tatar still sitting for the game today, he better play tomorrow.

Landeskog not at morning practice and has some kind of knee injury, hope it's not too bad. He missed yesterday as well, so He'll at least be scratched tonight.

Curufinwe

A Danish kid called Oliver Bjorkstrand has 14 points in his first 5 games for Portland in the WHL. Columbus took him 89th, while the Flyers wasted their third round pick on a goon they could have got in the 6th round cause he reminded them of Zac Rinaldo.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The fact that Kassian is playing in the NHL over Zibanejad is hilarious and depressing.

T-Matt

Going to the Blue Jackets game tonight, very excited as it is the first NHL game I've gone attended! I've always been more of a casual watcher so I think this is gonna kick start me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Going to the Blue Jackets game tonight, very excited as it is the first NHL game I've gone attended! I've always been more of a casual watcher so I think this is gonna kick start me.

Hockey games live are an amazing experience. Hope you enjoy it! Let us know how it went.

For the sake of my fantasy team, I hope the best cop on the force is on the case.

Curufinwe

It's kind of weird how quiet it is without commentators describing every second of play.

Red_Man

One of the best parts of seeing a game live is you get to see all the dirty stuff behind the play and chirping at the benches, etc, the stuff they don't catch on camera.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
One of the best parts of seeing a game live is you get to see all the dirty stuff behind the play and chirping at the benches, etc, the stuff they don't catch on camera.

Also ice girls shovelling snow during commercial breaks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Do you have good seats?

Not really, but I don't care too much. The good tickets were just too much money and I decided today to go.That is a good point about the commentators, I never thought of that. I'l make up my own play by play!

Even bad seats at a live game are a lot better than watching on TV. Something you don't really expect until you've actually been to a live game.

He's injured for the Flames IIRC, something to do with his hand or wrist I think

Long term?

And when will the Canadiens make Eller the #1 center? Pleks is good at the #2 position. Let him handle the defensive assignments. Give desharnais the easy minutes

If they want, put gally with desharnais and briere with eller

Red_Man

Long term?

And when will the Canadiens make Eller the #1 center? Pleks is good at the #2 position. Let him handle the defensive assignments. Give desharnais the easy minutes

Dunno how long he's out, Flames fans would know more. A.Gally will eventually be the #1 center in a couple years.....Eller should be the #2 right now, but he's not ready for the #1. DD just needs to fuck off in a fire.

Solo

It's kind of weird how quiet it is without commentators describing every second of play.

It is, but you see/hear a lot of neat stuff at games that you miss on TV.

Long term?

Pleks is still our best shutdown centre. Eller is quite likely now our best centre overall, but Pleks is still a VERY important cog in the machine until AGally is ready to replace Eller and Eller is ready to replace Pleky.

What we havent seen yet is how Eller fares against other teams top lines. Right now Pleky is tasked with that while the EGG line is devouring third lines.

Solo

He's gonna have a beast season. When they announced at the start of the second period that he'd been awarded an assist on not one, but both first period goals.....it moved.

Curufinwe

I got a much better idea of how hairy line changes often are. At least on last season's sloppy as fuck Flyers team.

The fact that Kassian is playing in the NHL over Zibanejad is hilarious and depressing.

Blame other teams in the division having plugs like Orr, McLaren, Parros, Scott etc.

When you have these cavemen on skates pick on your rookies for a fight then I guess you have no choice but to get a Kassian.

Red_Man

Blame other teams in the division having plugs like Orr, McLaren, Parros, Scott etc.

When you have these cavemen on skates pick on your rookies for a fight then I guess you have no choice but to get a Kassian.
I agree completely, it's the only reason Montreal has Parros, to take on guys like Kassian and Orr. The fact that these type of guys play over skilled guys like Zibanejad is really sad.

I agree completely, it's the only reason Montreal has Parros, to take on guys like Kassian and Orr. The fact that these type of guys play over skilled guys like Zibanejad is really sad.

It's really Pageau (and to a lesser extent Da Costa) who looked better in camp I guess. Ottawa is deep at center.

Kassian is a healthy scratch tonight and most nights(dude needs to get back on Diablo wtf I'm already on Nightmare).

I figure Captain Giggles(or someone else) will hurt himself at some point so Zibanejad will be back with the team soon.

Samyy

I like that we're 8th here. Did they miss that we're currently 1-6-0, preseason and regular season combined (and that 1 is not in the regular season)?

This is why this is a joke, some teams haven't even played yet! Need a much larger sample size, at least a couple games for each team.
Oh and the Leafs go 2-0 on back to back road games and are somehow not in the top 20. Okay.

Top Bottom