• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift Launch Thread: Ballpark 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermadas

Project CARS does not hold 90fps on lowest settings on a 970. However, it will do 90fps in certain situations, i.e. when it's not raining, and with a low number of cars on track. You may be able to turn certain things up to medium, providing you stick to these less demanding situations.

I had trouble holding 90 FPS in some situations with a mix of med/high settings on my 980ti. I haven't gone back to tweak much, but I settled on a mix of med/low. At least with ATW, the drops don't feel severe. I think it would be cool if there was a performance analysis somewhere that showed which effects give you the most "bang for your buck" in VR. Stuff like AA and supersampling help in a huge way to mitigate the relatively low perceived resolution of these headsets.

Though, the way they do use VR in both of these games makes me hungry for more 3rd person experiences like this. With Uncharted 4 coming out tomorrow, I kind of wish that had an unlockable VR mode for PSVR.

I agree re: 3rd person stuff. I secretly hope that someone will figure out a way to get VR support properly hacked into Dark Souls 3.

Unfortunately, there is a lingering perception that VR is only for first-person games/experiences. And it's being made worse by some vocal Vive owners that have deemed anything that is not room-scale and/or has tracked controller support as being inferior and unworthy of consideration. I hope it's a misconception that will go away, as VR sees more widespread adoption.

charpunk

Did Bestbuy.com already put up their stick? I see coming soon so I assume they didn't. Would like to use my points to get one.

Best buy is not selling online until the stock levels improve according to their internal news info. The stock for last Saturday was in store only.

Seiru

Banned
My Amazon Rift came today.

Oculus still hasn't given me my preorder EVE code, it still just says that it's "on its way".

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

This is literally the one thing I'm wanting VR for at this point. How refined is this. Do you get motion sickness instantly?

I'm sure this will be refined for as long as VR is a thing, so I'm not too worried if it's not great yet.
I did not get motion sickness at all, played it for like 30 minutes.

wonderpug

Neo Member
My Amazon Rift came today.

Oculus still hasn't given me my preorder EVE code, it still just says that it's "on its way".

I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

FWIW, EVE isn't that great. It's definitely worth a go if/when you get it for free, but it's far from the best experience available. I was enjoying it for a bit but the method for unlocking new ships is really slow and stupid, so I'm not finding the game to be all that replayable in its current state.

Huh? Because they themselves admitted things got screwed thanks to a "component shortage". That's how I figure. I doubt they've shipped over 100k Rifts .
Sure, they had huge problems after the first batch was done manufacturing, but that doesn't mean they haven't been manufacturing them for months. As for 100k Rifts, my estimate there was based in part on the fact that around 5000 people on Reddit have said they got theirs - I would say 1 in 20 Rift owners participating in Reddit is a valid ratio. While Reddit is popular, it's still not something the majority of owners use, just like NeoGAF isn't (and I'm sure there are lots of people like me, who read Reddit once in a while but don't even have an account there). And I also based it on the fact that, as I said, Oculus said the first day they got way more orders than they expected, and of course the majority of the orders were in the first 10-15 minutes they were available, of which Oculus has shipped to more than the first 10 minutes or so. So by this point they've shipped a large percentage of that large amount of them out.

TheRed

On an overclocked 970 I was having no issues on Project Cars with Medium settings. Didn't check framerate but it felt consistent and smooth. I was even considering bumping some settings up to high.
Another question. ATW works even when running through steam or no?

On an overclocked 970 I was having no issues on Project Cars with Medium settings. Didn't check framerate but it felt consistent and smooth. I was even considering bumping some settings up to high.
My guess is that the effectiveness of asynchronous timewarp varies between individuals, and that it works particularly well for you. (Either that or you only drive around solo in good weather!) As vermadas says, he's settled on med/low and is likely still seeing drops on a 980 Ti. I'm using a 980 and it does not hold 90 on lowest settings in many situations. I have no patience for ATW beyond handling the occasional dropped frame. But it seems some are comfortable with having ATW permanently running and don't notice any major issues when enabling higher details. I imagine this is due to the way we all have different presence thresholds. For me, when ATW kicks in for more than a split second, presence breaks instantly, to the point where I feel like I'm no longer experiencing VR. It's still playable, and I don't get sick, because the head look remains smooth. But it's not VR, imo.

The best way I can describe it is that it switches from actually sitting in a car to watching 3D 360 video footage (running at lower than 90fps) from the same vantage point.

Another question. ATW works even when running through steam or no?
Yes it does.

Enordash

After finishing Lucky's Tale and Chronos, I moved on to Esper 2. The game is actually pretty good visually. The style lends itself well to VR. I still think Lucky's Tale is my favorite game to be inside although Chronos has many amazing moments. Esper 2 is decent. It controls well enough even with the little remote. I'd say the story has been a bit weak for me so far, but I could be missing some things since I didn't play Esper 1. The puzzles are OK. I haven't encountered anything very difficult yet. Puzzle-wise, it's just not doing it the same way The Witness did it for me earlier this year. For ten bucks though, I'd definitely recommend it if you are interested. I'm hoping we get more games soon with the polish that Lucky's Tale and Chronos have. If you can't tell already, those have been my favorite VR games so far.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Betta Lines said:
For me, when ATW kicks in for more than a split second, presence breaks instantly
While I know what you're saying(translational errors, when they happen, do detract from experience) - ATW is "always" correcting your frames, regardless of how high (or low) framerate gets. At a minimum(most games will double this) there's ~11ms of latency to correct for, which makes it rather invaluable even when you're running perfect 90 (and really that's the main purpose - correcting for dropped frames is just a neat sideeffect).

Evo X

Well, my Oculus just shipped, but looks like I've been downgraded to UPS Ground.

Anyone Gaffers want it completely sealed or would I have better luck on eBay? Seems like the resale prices have come down recently. All this waiting has kind of killed my hype. Combined with the fact that I barely have enough time for the Vive these days, I doubt it would get much use. I'll consider picking it up again when the Touch is out later in the year.

I just arrived home from work to a "sorry we missed you" attempted delivery note from UPS. I got no shipping email from Oculus, and my order page still shows it as pending, but according to the UPS rep I spoke with the shipment is from Oculus. So I guess I'm getting my Rift tomorrow?

If anyone's interested, I'll be holding on to it for a few weeks and can do a short comparison post/video to the Vive.

While I know what you're saying(translational errors, when they happen, do detract from experience) - ATW is "always" correcting your frames, regardless of how high (or low) framerate gets. At a minimum(most games will double this) there's ~11ms of latency to correct for, which makes it rather invaluable even when you're running perfect 90 (and really that's the main purpose - correcting for dropped frames is just a neat sideeffect).
ATW's main purpose is to deal with framerate dropping below refresh rate - I wouldn't call it a neat side effect. The always-correcting feature is what the original timewarp was designed for, which ATW is doing too of course. But if you're at or above the refresh rate, there isn't much 'asynchrony' about it - it's the same as normal timewarp. Semantics perhaps, but is it really incorrect to describe ATW 'kicking in' during framerate drops?

Fair enough, 'translational errors' is the more accurate way of describing the artifacts, but I'm not sure it's that useful - in most conversations you'll still have to explain you're talking about visible framerate drops when combined with ATW. Actually one of the more noticeable issues with poor PCARS performance is the choppy steering animation, which seems odd to describe as a translational error.

AgeEighty

I just arrived home from work to a "sorry we missed you" attempted delivery note from UPS. I got no shipping email from Oculus, and my order page still shows it as pending, but according to the UPS rep I spoke with the shipment is from Oculus. So I guess I'm getting my Rift tomorrow?

If anyone's interested, I'll be holding on to it for a few weeks and can do a short comparison post/video to the Vive.

Did you check your CC statement? Were your charged yet, and if so when?

Blaze Run is surprisingly cool. Without VR I don't know that I'd have given it the time of the day, but man, especially after you've blown up and are looking around some of the more action packed tracks, it's... pretty darn cool (with a little bit of the kind disorientation / presence that I like).

Had a very fun little time in BigScreen Beta (free on Steam), chatting to a few strangers.
Social VR is such a thing guys. It's so new and weird, it feels like using chatrooms for the first time in the 90s.

Did you check your CC statement? Were your charged yet, and if so when?

Paypal. Just checked, it was charged on Friday night. I ordered 25 minutes after preorders opened according to my account.

Account still says it's pending. I guess I'll just post pics tomorrow afternoon, weird that it's been handled so vaguely.

Enordash

Well, my Oculus just shipped, but looks like I've been downgraded to UPS Ground.

Anyone Gaffers want it completely sealed or would I have better luck on eBay? Seems like the resale prices have come down recently. All this waiting has kind of killed my hype. Combined with the fact that I barely have enough time for the Vive these days, I doubt it would get much use. I'll consider picking it up again when the Touch is out later in the year.

If you are looking to resell it for a big profit, eBay is probably the way to go. If you are selling it for what you paid, where are you located? lol

I am really surprised by how I haven't really felt any negative VR effects so far. I can do just about anything crazy maneuver I want in a game like EVE while also turning my head around to track the enemy and feel nothing.

I can't even look down at my cellphone in the car without feeling sick in real life.

I am really surprised by how I haven't really felt any negative VR effects so far. I can do just about anything crazy maneuver I want in a game like EVE while also turning my head around to track the enemy and feel nothing.

I can't even look down at my cellphone in the car without feeling sick in real life.

I've been using my Rift several times a day, every day, since I got it one week ago, and haven't suffered any ill effects either. I have been kind of careful though, and I've felt some unease from certain experiences, but they were mostly on Steam, where there's no quality control to help guide devs away from the typical VR mistakes.

AgeEighty

Paypal. Just checked, it was charged on Friday night. I ordered 25 minutes after preorders opened according to my account.

Account still says it's pending. I guess I'll just post pics tomorrow afternoon, weird that it's been handled so vaguely.

I think the time on PayPal may differ from the internal Oculus order time, but I'm not sure. Otherwise you somehow managed to jump way ahead in line, as I'm a :17 and have seen nothing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I've felt sick twice so far. The first time was in Project Cars driving the go-karts which was actually the first race I did. I felt sick within 30 seconds probably.

The second time was with IoMoon. I could have used comfort mode but I used the smooth turning. It wasn't instant but after about 20 minutes or so I started to feel ill so I stopped.

JambiBum

Only time I've ever felt sick is when I was playing pollen. The VR for the game is still in beta and the framerate wasn't that great. After about an hour or so I got really sweaty and had a pretty bad headache. Nothing else has even gotten me close to feeling sick. I thought driving the buggy in elite dangerous would make me sick when it starts to flip around and stuff but I felt perfectly fine.

Enordash

Turns out that Esper 2 is really short and thin. Didn't really care for the story. It didn't feel like there was a great progression on puzzles. I might still recommend it at 5 bucks if it goes on sale.

Seiru

Banned
Finally got my Rift, played Lucky's Tale as my first game...immediate nausea :(

Sort of soured the rest of the day, I'm still feeling a bit woozy today. Boy, I hope VR legs are a real thing. I did try Elite Dangerous afterwards with a hotas, and that was pretty cool.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Finally got my Rift, played Lucky's Tale as my first game...immediate nausea :(

Sort of soured the rest of the day, I'm still feeling a bit woozy today. Boy, I hope VR legs are a real thing. I did try Elite Dangerous afterwards with a hotas, and that was pretty cool.

I had trouble with Lucky's Tale on my day 1 and now it doesn't phase me. I definitely recommend starting with easier to swallow VR titles so you can gently build up your tolerance.

Depending on your tastes, I'd recommend starting with Farlands, Chronos, Esper 2, Pinball FX2, and the short stories: Lost, Rose and I, Invasion, and Henry.

When you decide to try Lucky's Tale again, try and keep your focus on the character himself. With shifting viewpoint games like that or BlazeRush (which you should also get) I think you have to convince your brain to think of Lucky or the car you're controlling as the fixed reference point.

Just got mine, immediately stopped studying to unbox it and get things running. Responsibility is my life.

eisfSpt.jpg

qqZwmBy.jpg

dVXxtwX.jpg

I've played ADR1FT, Lucky's Tale, Dreamdeck, and Mythos of the World Axis so far. About 40 minutes of the first two, and 15 of Mythos. I also tried Lucky's Tale on both my Vive and Rift back to back, in an attempt to get something close to a direct comparison of the screens/optics. Some initial impressions:

Packging

A amazing work here. I was pleasantly surprised by the Vive packaging and it's a great experience, but Oculus nailed it. The white on black is beautiful, the reflective black Oculus logo on the black box is stunning, the retractable cloth handle is fantastic, and they way it just unfolds into the hardware is so stunningly simplistic. Despite what is arguably going to be a difficult setup process for a lot of consumers who haven't previously had to deal with PC peripherals, the process of opening your Rift infers a subtle yet powerful sense of simplicity. It seems so basic, so inviting. Everything neatly coiled up, yet with room to breathe. My only criticism of the design here is that the adhesive plastic wrapped around the cabling is, if anything, too adhesive. I expected it to feel like the Vive or Apple cable packaging, and it was almost annoyingly difficult to peel off.

Setup

Delightfully simple. I felt that setting up the Vive was straightfoward and enjoyable, but it did take a solid 20 minutes (not including the time it took to rearrange/empty the room I intended to use it in). Comparatively, the Rift is barely any effort at all. Plug in the camera USB cable, HMD USB and HDMI cable, and it's ready to go. The app takes you through things nicely, although at times it was unclear when I should be wearing the headset. When the app tells you to fit the headset, I assumed it made sense to leave it on, but to get the IPD settings to display, I had to take it off and put it on again to trigger the face detection sensor (almost definitely not what that's called, but it does have something like this).

After this, it runs you through Dreamdeck, which is where my first issue arose. A lot of people are going to be experience VR for the first time through this, as it is the first thing Oculus throws at you. There are definitely cool moments to be had with Dreamdeck, and I particularly enjoyed the miniature city and T-Rex moments. That said, the entire process (including the unboxing, setup, and most of the things in Dreamdeck) are incredibly, painfully serious.

The entire first hour with my Rift screamed "VIRTUAL REALITY IS SERIOUS BUSINESS". Comparatively, the first hour you have with the Vive is quirky, whimsical, borderline magical experience, from the Bendy's House setup theme to batting balloons around like a kid. It's still a premium feeling marvel of technology, but infused with an amazing energy. I didn't get this feeling at all from the Rift.

Hardware

So the Rift feels great. There are much more eloquent ways of phrasing that, but at it's core the hardware is just stunning from every perspective. The cloth exterior feels amazing, the balance is impeccable. The rear portion cups your head in a way that's almost unnoticeable, but takes the vast majority of the weight off of your face. The Rift feels great. Wearing it is something you can easily forget after a few minutes, and it's awesome. The Rift neatly exceeds my only two hardware expectations: It does what it says on the tin, and it looks good doing it.

The built in headphones are comfortable as well, and sound incredibly good for what they are. I can't see myself using my own headphones; the integrated audio is just too convenient and comfortable.

The screen was a surprise. It feels like there is much less of a SDE than the Vive, and the overall image quality has a softer, more natural feel to it. It's a delightful upgrade from the previous hardware (especially DK2), and I cant' shake the feeling that it looks slightly better than my Vive's screens. The sweet spot is slightly larger as well, which helps quite a bit for eye movement.

Unfortunately, it's not all perfect. It pains me to say this, but the FOV is, at best, lacking. Out of all of the VR HMD's I've used in the past few years (DK1, DK2, Galaxy Gear, Vive), CV1 has the most distinct "I'm wearing goggles" feeling. It dramatically impacts presence. Compared to the Vive, despite how insignificant the numbers may seem on paper, it's much worse. The Vive feels expansive by comparison, and the vertical FOV (when adjusted properly and not wearing glasses) is taller than what I can see. It takes up my entire vertical FOV, which is incredible. The Rift is hard to go back to for this alone.

The screen is also... somewhat dim. Playing through ADR1FT, I started to realized that it was almost as if the screen was on standby. Everything feels oddly darkened, and despite the heat concerns I much prefer the Vive brightness levels.

I won't delve into the control issues right now, as I'd like to give the Rift more time before delving into the more controversial side of things. I will say that when I jumped from ADR1FT on my Rift to Space Pirate Trainer on my Vive, I went from constantly thinking about where I was and what I was doing (namely, sitting in a chair holding a controller trying to convince myself that I was actually floating around a space station), to being completely consumed by my attempts to avoid getting shot. It's a radically different feeling.

I know this has been covered before, but what are the must have Oculus Store paid games to get?

I just got my rift yesterday and I have been enjoying Lucky's Tale and Adr1ft. I was quite shocked at how short Henry was.

jim2011

I know this has been covered before, but what are the must have Oculus Store paid games to get?

I just got my rift yesterday and I have been enjoying Lucky's Tale and Adr1ft. I was quite shocked at how short Henry was.

Blazerush!!!

Edit: Just wanted to be the first to reiterate that. Chronos, Project Cars, and The Climb are the next games you should get.

• Chronos is an action-adventure, probably the best "long-form" game
  • Blaze Rush is a top-down third-person racing game, feels like you're racing real toy cars
  • AirMech Command is a unique RTS that looks kinda like you're looking at a game laid out on a tabletop across from your opponent (it's like a modern Herzog Zwei, for you Genesis-heads)
  • The Climb is a AAA production-value game about mountain climbing - fun and looks amazing
  • Pinball FX 2 is...pinball, with a very realistic viewpoint in fun environments (like, the underwater game puts you underwater with a shark swimming around the machine)
  • Elite: Dangerous is an amazing space simulator/MMO - a true simulator that will take time to learn the controls and get into the gameplay, unlike the arcadey Eve Valkyrie

Zaptruder

Banned
Unfortunately, it's not all perfect. It pains me to say this, but the FOV is, at best, lacking. Out of all of the VR HMD's I've used in the past few years (DK1, DK2, Galaxy Gear, Vive), CV1 has the most distinct "I'm wearing goggles" feeling. It dramatically impacts presence. Compared to the Vive, despite how insignificant the numbers may seem on paper, it's much worse. The Vive feels expansive by comparison, and the vertical FOV (when adjusted properly and not wearing glasses) is taller than what I can see. It takes up my entire vertical FOV, which is incredible. The Rift is hard to go back to for this alone.

It's strange, because I actually feel the opposite way about the Rift's FOV.

It could be the fact that I have the IPD dialed out to max, but it feels like it has the largest horizontal FOV to me. Maybe that's just a side effect of the aspect ratio, and the fact that I'm not quite as sensitive to absolute FOV as I am to relative FOV. Or maybe it's genuinely different and bigger for me.

I just wanted to report that there are variances in the experience for users.

It's strange, because I actually feel the opposite way about the Rift's FOV.

It could be the fact that I have the IPD dialed out to max, but it feels like it has the largest horizontal FOV to me. Maybe that's just a side effect of the aspect ratio, and the fact that I'm not quite as sensitive to absolute FOV as I am to relative FOV. Or maybe it's genuinely different and bigger for me.

I just wanted to report that there are variances in the experience for users.

Have you adjusted the Vive's foam and straps? Perhaps I should have specified, but I'm wearing the Vive fairly tightly, with the pressure on my forehead and not cheeks, and I replaced the stock foam with Gear VR padding. This is literally as simple as peeling the velcro back, and sticking the new padding on, so I feel like it's not an unfair comparison.

Zaptruder

Banned
Have you adjusted the Vive's foam and straps? Perhaps I should have specified, but I'm wearing the Vive fairly tightly, with the pressure on my forehead and not cheeks, and I replaced the stock foam with Gear VR padding. This is literally as simple as peeling the velcro back, and sticking the new padding on, so I feel like it's not an unfair comparison.

Hmmm... interesting. Didn't know you could swap gear VR and Vive facial interfaces. Works though.

I seem to get a bit more FOV with that change... and it feels like it's more in line or larger than the Rift's FOV, if slightly.

Actually the main benefits feel like better clarity all round, so kudos for that tip. Although that's just going to mean my Gear VR sits there collecting dust more than it would otherwise!

Hmmm... interesting. Didn't know you could swap gear VR and Vive facial interfaces. Works though.

I seem to get a bit more FOV with that change... and it feels like it's more in line or larger than the Rift's FOV, if slightly.

Actually the main benefits feel like better clarity all round, so kudos for that tip. Although that's just going to mean my Gear VR sits there collecting dust more than it would otherwise!

Awesome! It's a great change IMO, comfier and improved clarity + FOV is incredibly worth it.

I just spent about three hours play ADR1FT, and I'm not sure if I just don't have the Rift adjusted correctly or my face is weird or something. It just doesn't have a FOV that feels even close to the Vive, which by all accounts isn't even entirely fair (everything I've read makes the difference seem noticeable, but not shocking). Right now my Vive feels like being their, even for seated experience, but the Rift feels like wearing bulky goggles.

Zaptruder

Banned
Awesome! It's a great change IMO, comfier and improved clarity + FOV is incredibly worth it.

I just spent about three hours play ADR1FT, and I'm not sure if I just don't have the Rift adjusted correctly or my face is weird or something. It just doesn't have a FOV that feels even close to the Vive, which by all accounts isn't even entirely fair (everything I've read makes the difference seem noticeable, but not shocking). Right now my Vive feels like being their, even for seated experience, but the Rift feels like wearing bulky goggles.

Hmmm. It may come down very simply to the shape of your face. If your eyes are more inset, then there'd be a noticeable distance difference between your eyes and mine.

What happens if you try the Rift without the facial interface? I know that's not a workable solution - but in the interest of testing how close you can get to it.

GeoGonzo

This thread made me finally buy and try BlazeRush.

You don't even break and accelerate or actually "steer" your vehicle, it simply moves towards wherever you are pointing your joystick. That doesn't -sound- like fun, but it seems to work out really, really well: Everything feels very real and tangible (as others have said, it feels like playing with toy cars) and the easy driving encourages combat with the other cars. And the races aren't even very fast so I didn't feel even a hint of discomfort.

Top tier stuff, easy to recommend!

tenchir

Microsoft have shipped out the Rifts today for people who ordered on May 6th. According to UPS tracking, I will get mine tomorrow since they are coming from a facility that's pretty close to me.

Hmmm. It may come down very simply to the shape of your face. If your eyes are more inset, then there'd be a noticeable distance difference between your eyes and mine.

What happens if you try the Rift without the facial interface? I know that's not a workable solution - but in the interest of testing how close you can get to it.

It's slightly better without the foam, but it just doesn't encompass my entire vertical FOV like the Vive does.

mitchman

Gold Member
One thing that's always a problem with me is the size of my head is fairly massive. I have the velrco strips on the side as extended as they can be without falling off, and it's still a bit too tight for my taste.
Not entirely surprising, I had problems finding helmets and such that fit me when I was in the army too, but still they should accommodate unusual head sizes a bit better. At least the army could custom fit stuff for me :)

(when I was a baby, the doctors said I might have a "water head", heh)

RotBot

Is the headset supposed to display USB 2.0 in Oculus settings or is my USB controller not compatible? The camera shows USB 3.0 but the headset is only 2.0 in the same ports. The camera also shows a warning if connected to USB 2.0, but the headset does not.

Is the headset supposed to display USB 2.0 in Oculus settings or is my USB controller not compatible? The camera shows USB 3.0 but the headset is only 2.0 in the same ports. The camera also shows a warning if connected to USB 2.0, but the headset does not.
My headset and camera both say USB 3.0 in the settings menu.

Korezo

Just got mine, immediately stopped studying to unbox it and get things running. Responsibility is my life.

The screen was a surprise. It feels like there is much less of a SDE than the Vive, and the overall image quality has a softer, more natural feel to it. It's a delightful upgrade from the previous hardware (especially DK2), and I cant' shake the feeling that it looks slightly better than my Vive's screens. The sweet spot is slightly larger as well, which helps quite a bit for eye movement.

The screen is also... somewhat dim. Playing through ADR1FT, I started to realized that it was almost as if the screen was on standby. Everything feels oddly darkened, and despite the heat concerns I much prefer the Vive brightness levels.

So would you say the rift has better picture quality than the vive? I'm not satisfied of the image quality on the vive, I still see every pixel on the vive.

vermadas

anyone tried this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233610

looks sort of awesome

Yeah, it works well. It puts you in the cockpit and the floor is transparent so you can still have your bearings when you're in the air.

There was an issue with the cockpit cam where, when you turn your vehicle, the turn would be somewhat delayed instead of being "locked" with the vehicle, which feels kind of off in VR. I also don't get a great sense of speed. I only put about a half hour into the game in VR though.

So would you say the rift has better picture quality than the vive? I'm not satisfied of the image quality on the vive, I still see every pixel on the vive.
Even if it is better by some metrics, I think it's unlikely it will be enough of an improvement for you if you have issues with the Vive.

TheRed

It's slightly better without the foam, but it just doesn't encompass my entire vertical FOV like the Vive does.
I feel the same way kinda, I played some Elite on my Vive last night and was more immersed even though it technically looks worse right now on the Vive. I think I prefer the brighter screen of the Vive too. I gotta play some more with the Rift today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom