• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Stewards going to have a talk with Webber after the race?

And I only said the end of the race was "boring" due to the fact that nobody seemed to be able to pass and it was looking like there was just going to be a train of cars not passing and not even needing to pit.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Way to cock up the end of the race Hammy..

call your team out on the radio than try and force the issue against Alonso.

Great strategy for Ferrari today.

Pimpwerx

Great Scott. This was a crazy race. Congrats to Jenson on a well-deserved win. Great, champion's decision to pit when he did. I'm quite impressed. He did what he needed to. Lewis did amazing, but got a bad dose of Webber today. Oh well, that's racing. Gonna suck for the championship, but if he can drive like this all season, he'll be the man to beat anyway.
nFerraris and blah blah blah. I'm tired, a bit annoyed and not really convinced I did so hot in the fantasy league. Thanks again, Webbo. G'night F1 GAF. PEACE.

Dead Man

Congrats to Button and Kubica, everyone else had a pretty shabby race. Great speed from Vettel, Hamilton, and Webber, but no joy.

Massa

rhfb said:
Stewards going to have a talk with Webber after the race?

And I only said the end of the race was "boring" due to the fact that nobody seemed to be able to pass and it was looking like there was just going to be a train of cars not passing and not even needing to pit.

It's never boring when you have 0.2s between Alonso and Hamilton when Hamilton is +2s faster.

And Webber right behind...

jey_16

Banned
Yes!!....thank you webber for taking out hamilon :lol. Ferrari's get decent points after that terrible start. Great drive from Alonso after being right at the back of the field, massa should have let him through. Considering the weather and the tyres, it could have been a lot worse.

StoOgE

jey_16 said:
Yes!!....thank you webber for taking out hamilon :lol. Ferrari's get decent points after that terrible start. Great drive from Alonso after being right at the back of the field, massa should have let him through. Considering the weather and the tyres, it could have been a lot worse.

Ferrari played it great.. shit start, but the strategy payed off well in the end.

Congrats to Jenson, an absolute masterclass in tire management, also well done to Felipe for holding of Alonso, and thank you Lewis for a stunning race.

StoOgE

sportzhead said:
Webber was 100% going for Hamilton. If he couldn't pass him he was going to tag him. Webber didn't even try to turn.

Really?

It was a poor decision, but Hammy tried to force the issue wide and he was going to try and duck under both of them. Hamilton had already jumped back down to the inside at that point.. but it wasn't like he was fucking aiming for Hammy.

I mean, why the fuck would he do that? It cost him points.

scarybore

Congrats to Button, took a gamble and it paid off big time despite the fact I thought he fucked it up. Kept his tires together brilliantly too. Big respect to Kubica, kept Hamilton behind him despite him flying and did a superb job in that Renault. Hamilton lol, but he certainly provided some good entertainment throughout the weekend.

So guys, you think Hamilton is going to take a shot at Webber after the race?

He loves a good whine so I would imagine so, but it's certainly justified. Stupid decision presumably by McClaren to change his tyres again and then Webber touching him, love it. :)

Great race, so much better than Bahrain.

Edit: Forgot to say, nice going Chandhok, amazed he finished the race. (and he got me semi decent points for the fantasy league when I expected next to nothing)

jey_16

Banned
And congrats to button, good drive by him. Loved Alonso telling the team he didn't want to know about hamilton closing, and Hamilton complaining about the team pitting him :lol

Jinjo

How about this guys: FIRST McLaren win of the season and it's NOT Hamilton. Great stuff. Great drive by Kubica too. Fending of a blazing Hamilton. Alonso's drive from the back to P4 and where is Schumacher? That's right. :D

Kubica probably with the best drive; placing that car second is no easy feat. Hamilton right behind, but extremely unlucky after being pulled in for a daft pit stop and being hit by fucking Webber.

Not to take anything away from Button, though. He had the bravery to take a smart risk early on and he had the skill to manage his tires to perfection.

Is it just me or was this the best race since 2008?

StoOgE

In all seriousness, can anyone defend Hamilton's little pitty party on the radio?

My tires are gone.. waaaahh.

Whose idea was it to call me in booo hoo.

FFS.

Dead Man

sportzhead said:
Webber was 100% going for Hamilton. If he couldn't pass him he was going to tag him. Webber didn't even try to turn.
Jesus christ. Get out of here with that. Why would a driver do that, unless they would benefit. Schumi may have done that for a championship, Senna may have done it, but what possible benefit would Webber have by doing that?

John_B

Webber that cock needs a penalty. Almost took out Hamilton earlier, and now he actually did it. Both times he was much too wreckless.

Nice win by Button, much assisted by a genius pit stop, but rock solid driving in the front.

Hamilton murdered everyone out there. Almost penetrated Massa and Webber in one take.

The tire situation needs to be dealt with. Ferrari with 40 laps on the same "soft" tires. Massa with the most unworthy podium win of all time ever.

StoOgE said:
In all seriousness, can anyone defend Hamilton's little pitty party on the radio?

FFS.

nope, I can't believe he even tried that. i like the dude, but that was such a bitch move.

Jinjo

StoOgE said:

FFS.

This. Brundle put it right. No time to complain when you are right at the back of someone. Suck it up and get on with it. You are definitely not going to overtake the likes of Alonso with that mindset.

Edit: So it was Button's call alone for the tires? Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom