• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

And here I was thinking I would actually get through the season without a major injury.

300ehk2.jpg

Rorschach

BigAT said:
And here I was thinking I would actually get through the season without a major injury.

300ehk2.jpg
Karma?

Don't run up the score on people, please. I know it sounds like no big deal but even real life teams (besides the Pats) don't do it and they actually have something to lose.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
why you running from me bitch. atleast send me a message back saying i dont wanna play or something

its too long to type on xbl! i was only playing a quick game against the CPU to get familiar with it.

when we play it will be for keeps! the chicago bulls keeps!

Smokey

Nightz said:
Easy my friend, it was a joke. Clearly the Cowboys would have choked in the second half and Rivers would have gone all PHIILLIIIIP RIVVERRRSSS. Final score would have been like 100-14

?

i wasn't attacking you or anything, I was just making a statement!

nice work on the power rankings rors.

#2, and I have to sim my first game.

:(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thanks for the rankings Rors.

The injury to Ryan Grant just has me set with sitting starters if I get the opportunity to. I don't take sacks, but Jesus Jacobs has gone down in each of the last four games. Thankfully he comes right back in.

In the game against Cold, Osi, CC Brown, and Jacobs all went down. There were even stealth injuries, Cold lost Shawn Andrews and they didn't even show it.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Karma?

Don't run up the score on people, please. I know it sounds like no big deal but even real life teams (besides the Pats) don't do it and they actually have something to lose.

Nope, he went down and was clearly going to be out for a while at the point when I had only scored 3 points in the second half.

The only reason I even gave consideration to running that last TD in was the sudden revelation yesterday that points scored may be far more important to my playoff hopes than my 5-1 division record or any other category that is in my control. Regardless, it won't happen again.

DCX

DCX
Man...i got to get back on the horse...i can't settle for a wildcard.. Jets, Bills, Bucs...lets do this!! 25 carries for the Burner every game!

DCX

AirBrian

Good stuff, rors!

BigAT said:
The only reason I even gave consideration to running that last TD in was the sudden revelation yesterday that points scored may be far more important to my playoff hopes than my 5-1 division record or any other category that is in my control. Regardless, it won't happen again.
:lol I'm not saying running up the score is acceptable, but that's a pretty good point. F'n EA causing us to run up the score!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Once again, horrible power rankings. How come the Saints are behind me (woohoo, I just threw another Pick 6 against them!), and I'm still behind the Bluc's. Tisk Tisk Tisk. :lol

sp-raiderfront29_0499219577.gif

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rors, great job on the rankings.

Lions have completely fallen apart after Stafford went down. Though my running game has gotten better. It's all about next year and the draft at this point.

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
Good stuff, rors!

:lol I'm not saying running up the score is acceptable, but that's a pretty good point. F'n EA causing us to run up the score!
Foreshadowing by the Falcons against the Pats :p

DCX

Mrbob

Yeah I talked to AT on AIM and he told me why he did it...which is understandable....except I had all 3 timeouts left and was letting the clock run out with under 2 minutes left inside the 10. If he would have told me ahead of time I would have played D to try and stop him. I could have then had the ball back with about 1:50 in the game with an attempt to score so I could raise my points scored as well. It was a stealth td...but what is done is done and I'm thinking about a larger point now.

If we are gonna have to play this way to make the playoffs, dunno how much fun I'm going to have playing this game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
If we are gonna have to play this way to make the playoffs, dunno how much fun I'm going to have playing this game.
How about not playing for ties in standings and just winning outright?

Mrbob

Wellington said:

That still doesn't satisfy the question I had... aren't you winning it outright when you get the division and conference tiebreakers? This is fine, about to bring the TE cheese to another level now. Time to play Madden like its arena football!

Madden 10, when winning the game isn't enough! Better start averaging about 50 points a game!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
I think the only issue is that even if you're "playing to win" there's still of question of do you keep running it up? Makes more sense to do so when it's a tiebreaker. I won't do it but if anyone wants to do it on me, go for it assholes! This is my first time playing Madden in five years! Hope it makes you feel good about yourself!

no i dont know for sure that it is points as the tie breaker, that is just something i read on opsports.

take it with a grain of salt. we'll find out for sure very soon!

dskillzhtown

As someone not even close to the playoffs.

One of the biggest rules in this is sportsmanship. Running up the score for any reason shouldn't be something we do, especially when we have no idea if that is the tiebreaker or not. Running it up shows a lack of respect for your opponent. No need for disrespect on the field.
save that for the post-game posts in this thread.

BigAT

In my defense, I never planned on running up the score. I played nothing but ball control and burned clock nearly the entire second half. On the final drive, I didn't throw a single pass or burn a timeout and I let the playclock drop to :01 before each snap. My run game was just effective enough that I ended up on the 1 yard line with about 30 seconds left and it hit me that "Hey, points really matter now." So I attempted a run as time expired, if I got stopped game over. I mean, I put up a grand total of 10 points in the entire second half, INCLUDING the final touchdown in question.

Like I said though, it won't happen again, so it seems like a non issue at this point.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
logorankings.gif

[12] (⇧1)
logo_7.png
Cardinals (7-5) W1 – Even the mighty NFC West bows beneath Fitzgerald’s ability. All shall tremble before the receiver leading the entire league in yardage. BEHOLD! The only WR in the top 5 for total receptions (and one of only 2 in the top 10!). Cower, weep, and get ready to console your puny cornerbacks for they shall be shamed! This incredible specimen has lead his team to an unreachable 7-5 record to lead one of the most competitive divisions in all of football!

[21] (⇨)
logo_15.png
49ers (5-7) W2 – Somehow, 5-7 leaves hope for the 9ers in the West. Maybe it’s unfounded due to the amazing 7-5 record that the Cardinals hold, but they get a shot at those Cardinals in the upcoming week. The 49ers have abandoned the second best QB in terms of completion percentage for the young, dyslexic, and speedy Nate Davis with hopes that this will be the last noodle they need to compete in the West. The shortbus backfield seems to be working so far for the 49ers…

[23] (⇩1)
logo_24.png
Rams (4-8) L1 – The Rams have made it a habit to lose in the waning minutes of the game. 4 of their last 5 games have resulted in losses of 4 points or less. May the draft be kind to you, Rams owner!

[26] (⇩14)
logo_28.png
Seahawks (4-8) L4 – I, for one, did not see this coming. When last I saw the chickens, they were at the top of the mighty West. Now, they are at the bottom of the division. Sure, it’s the incredible, inedible West, but it’s still the bottom of the pile! I think it’s time to start thinking about the draft. A studly, young HB perhaps?
So true. Who would have thought the NFC West would be one of the league's most amazing divisions this season? Funny about only 2 WRs being in the top 10 for receptions too.

what really chaps my ass are losses to the titans (receiving a punt down 7 with 2 mins left and i muff it, they get a TD), the bears (CPU decision! damn you vacation!), and an OT loss to the packers.

not to mention the early season losses i had where i was playing Martz ball. if only there were someway i could get into the playoffs...

if only there were someway BigAT, Storybook, and Dskillz....

Fifty

I just talked to Malley. Matrix is in with the Chiefs for the rest of the season. Complain if you want, or be a man and face a human opponent instead of the CPU without bitching.

I'm trying to figure out their fate for S2. I know Matrix would be willing to keep using them, but I'll need to get an answer from Malley by the end of the playoffs, and before the offseason.

DCX

DCX
Me and you! The crown of best wideout will go down to the wire as RoWdy Roddy White goes against Fitz! My goal is to get Turner close to 1400 yards rushing and Ryan over 3000 and 30 TDs! :D

DCX

dskillzhtown

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what really chaps my ass are losses to the titans (receiving a punt down 7 with 2 mins left and i muff it, they get a TD), the bears (CPU decision! damn you vacation!), and an OT loss to the packers.

not to mention the early season losses i had where i was playing Martz ball. if only there were someway i could get into the playoffs...

if only there were someway BigAT, Storybook, and Dskillz....

Dude, things are bad if you are putting your playoff life in the hands of Culpepper.

Any pass over 6 yards is a serious adventure.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if only there were someway CB, Storybook, and Dskillz....
Fixed. And I think these dude's will step up to the plate. I mean beating the commish, who has said he will "[steamroll]" the rest of his schedule? That is a challenge I think anyone can and will get up for.

AstroLad said:
Fixed. And I think these dude's will step up to the plate. I mean beating the commish, who has said he will "[steamroll]" the rest of his schedule? That is a challenge I think anyone can and will get up for.

i already asked them to go easy on me!

except CB. he can bring whatever he has, i guarantee i will beat him and his gimmick offense.

to that end, i hope even if i dont get in i ruin his playoff chances. that would make it all worth the trouble!

p.s. bigAT he means those are my opponents. strangely, i also play the lions and rams in the final 3 weeks. the only difference in our schedule is i play the eagles, he plays the packers.

Lonestar

Well, here's another upside to this new found hope of WR's catching the ball. The top 3 TD catching players, are Wide Receivers!

Let's BOO the teams that have RB's and TE's as Catching Leaders!

Madden 10's All-DMBall Teams

Ravens (Top 2 on team!)
Bears (Top 2 on team!)
Cowboys (It's all Shawn's doing!)
BungieColts (Top 2 on team!)
Jaguars (Maurice Jones Drew is a Bad Bad man, though)
Chiefs (CPU loves to LJ it. But I didn't know he could catch the ball..)
Dolphins (I don't know who Tony Fasano is)
Vikings (We get it, AP is Fast)
Saints (Top 2 on team! Gotta use Bush somehow though)
I want to put the Stealers on here, even if Limas Sweed is tied with The Heath.
Chargers (Gates is a TD Machine. He's in the flats, guys!)
Seahawks (I would use Carlson too, but I was always stuck with Jerrrrrrremy Steveohsnapdroppedthepass)
The Buc's. The Creator of the Addictive TE/RB passing Scheme. It's been good to us.
Titans (Top 3! VERY NICE! 85% overall! IMPRESSIVE!)
Redskins (Sheriff Gonna Getcha doesn't mess around)

Lonestar

BigJonsson said:
So I might win if I throw the ball to Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton non-stop?

Andre Johnson be damned

Very Interesting, lets see the records of the teams I listed, versus the teams I didn't:

Teams Listed: 98 wins 80 losses 2 ties= .544 winning percentage
Teams not listed (WR's WOO YEAH): 93 Wins 111 losses= .455 Winning Percentage.

Wait...

Shit.

DM Ball = Plausible

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Once again, horrible power rankings. How come the Saints are behind me (woohoo, I just threw another Pick 6 against them!), and I'm still behind the Bluc's. Tisk Tisk Tisk.
Once again, you have no idea how rankings work. This isn't the friggin' BCS.

AstroLad said:
are we 100% sure that points scored is the tiebreaker?
No.

BigJonsson said:
So I might win if I throw the ball to Owen Daniels and Steve Slaton non-stop?

Andre Johnson be damned
You should trade Andre in the off-season. He'd look killer in silver and black.

CB3

Lonestar said:
Well, here's another upside to this new found hope of WR's catching the ball. The top 3 TD catching players, are Wide Receivers!

Let's BOO the teams that have RB's and TE's as Catching Leaders!

Madden 10's All-DMBall Teams

Ravens (Top 2 on team!)
Bears (Top 2 on team!)
Cowboys (It's all Shawn's doing!)
BungieColts (Top 2 on team!)
Jaguars (Maurice Jones Drew is a Bad Bad man, though)
Chiefs (CPU loves to LJ it. But I didn't know he could catch the ball..)
Dolphins (I don't know who Tony Fasano is)
Vikings (We get it, AP is Fast)
Saints (Top 2 on team! Gotta use Bush somehow though)
I want to put the Stealers on here, even if Limas Sweed is tied with The Heath.
Chargers (Gates is a TD Machine. He's in the flats, guys!)
Seahawks (I would use Carlson too, but I was always stuck with Jerrrrrrremy Steveohsnapdroppedthepass)
The Buc's. The Creator of the Addictive TE/RB passing Scheme. It's been good to us.
Titans (Top 3! VERY NICE! 85% overall! IMPRESSIVE!)
Redskins (Sheriff Gonna Getcha doesn't mess around)

Im not on the list. I win!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Once again, you have no idea how rankings work. This isn't the friggin' BCS.

Then how do they work??? Is it the Jersery Colours!?! I'll wear the Red Ones from now on!

Fifty

Since Malley won't be back to normal till at least November, Matrix is now the Chiefs owner AND GM. So it's not just 3 games and then out. He'll actually be able to draft with them. Fear the Chiefs next season!

CB3

The Curse lives on. It knew Matrix would take over so it made Malley beat me (which lets be honest, should have never happened) to continue the curse.

Matrix beats me again

i can't wait to get this season completed so i can finally draft tibrow #1. he will be like a more dangerous version of mike vick circa madden 2004.

beware!

p.s. and with tibrow running AND passing for me, i no longer need frank gore

Fifty

I'm just putting this out there. FMT, you're paying Carolina to lose every game so that you get that sonofabitch.

Top Bottom