• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
aren't the standings different in the web view vs on 360? don't know which one is official
The website stats are just sorted by wins, then alphabetical order. The ones on the console are the final ones. You can also sort the website standings by win percentage, points, division record, etc. The default is wins -> alphabetical.

2eyaruc.jpg

bluemax

Banned
It keeps telling me you left the match. I've unplugged from my switch and straight to my router. Only other thing I can do is direct connect to my modem which is a bitch.

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
Keeps saying game session no longer available
You guys need to reboot. Same thing happened to me and CB, then we both rebooted and were able to play.

If not, then one of you must direct connect. :(

Fifty

I didn't know rebooting could help! good to know Whenever I've had that, it's been solved by me direct connecting. Granted, in this day and age, most people don't have that ability because their modem isn't near their TV.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
You guys need to reboot. Same thing happened to me and CB, then we both rebooted and were able to play.

If not, then one of you must direct connect. :(

I rebooted once but I'll try again.

bluemax

Banned
BigJonsson said:
GG

Those 2 pick-6's killed me

GG, yeah those pick 6s ended up being huge since I was having a hell of a time stopping you on defense.

That might be my best rushing performance of the season, I'm proud of myself for being able to kill the clock at the end like that.

This weekend I get to play spoiler to DM! I'll finally have my revenge for that time he beat me with a hail mary!

bluemax said:
GG, yeah those pick 6s ended up being huge since I was having a hell of a time stopping you on defense.

That might be my best rushing performance of the season, I'm proud of myself for being able to kill the clock at the end like that.

This weekend I get to play spoiler to DM! I'll finally have my revenge for that time he beat me with a hail mary!

That run play you kept running was killing me

I wish I had saved that long play by Slaton, deked your defenders out of their shoes

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Crow! I'll be home around 9:30 probably. Let's do this tonightttttttt!

Cool. Hopefully we don't suffer through any connection problems. Either way our game won't take that long. If my running game steps up. I must keep the ball out of Peytons hands. Plus, Freeney and Mathis would destroy my QB.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
Cool. Hopefully we don't suffer through any connection problems. Either way our game won't take that long. If my running game steps up. I must keep the ball out of Peytons hands. Plus, Freeney and Mathis would destroy my QB.

ready whenever

bluemax

Banned
BigJonsson said:
That run play you kept running was killing me

I wish I had saved that long play by Slaton, deked your defenders out of their shoes

I actually had a couple different run plays but they all look the same I guess.

Yeah Slaton is killer in the open field. I'd kill to have a RB like that.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

So, I guess you didn't have the option to play the cpu. That was a good game and now its all gone. :(

Yeah it was.
toss is such bullshit in this game. I need a fast back to abuse

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Yeah it was, toss is such bullshit in this game. I need a fast back to abuse

Obviously you can tell it has worked wonders for me in the past.

And poor tackling also didn't play a role.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
gg round 2

GG

I wasn't as into it as the first game. I love how Addai either gets hurt or makes big plays on any given down. Sucks that Reggie Wayne dropped a couple of big catches. Too much pressure from Champ. :D

Online kicking keeps giving me trouble, missed some makeable 60 yd kicks. And how could I forget DeSean Jackson making big plays and giving me excellent field position from returns.

I wish we finished the first game. I liked how my running game performed. I love having a two back system. It cuts down on fumbles because no RB gets fatigued and provides a change of pace.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
GG

I wasn't as into it as the first game. I love how Addai either gets hurt or makes big plays on any given down. Sucks that Reggie Wayne dropped a couple of big catches. Too much pressure from Champ. :D

Online kicking keeps giving me trouble, missed some makeable 60 yd kicks. And how could I forget DeSean Jackson making big plays and giving me excellent field position from returns.

I wish we finished the first game. I liked how my running game performed. I love having a two back system. It cuts down on fumbles because no RB gets fatigued and provides a change of pace.

The lag spikes sucked.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
The lag spikes sucked.

Yeah, but I mostly got them while picking plays.

BTW I love that play where you get Clark to set a pick and roll for Wayne. I'll be stealing that play for future games. :D

TheCrow

Before I get to some highlights, I would like to thank fifty for Antwan Barnes who stepped up and put pressure on Peyton. It also helped that I switched to the Ravens D playbook. :D

Barnes led the Broncos in tackles and had the following 2 sacks:

As the Colts began a drive to score before the half

And at the start of the fourth during a tie game

The first sack eventually led to Derek Anderson's nimble 1 yard run(Micheal Vick would be proud) to score with only 10 seconds before the half and with no TOs. Tying the game at 10.

Another LB who came up big was DJ Williams who had 2 ints:

One during the 2nd quarter after the Colts led 10 to 0.Changing the momentum of the game.
And after the Broncos took the lead for the first time, DJ sealed the win.

Two plays later Knowshown scores to give the Broncos a 23 to 13 lead with less than 2 mins to go.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just so you know, you can copy and special paste the text off of Sable's Stats, into Excel. So, in a round about way, we can have some ability to record career stats.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you don't remember!? :(

i stopped you with 2 mins then you punted to me with the score 24-17. i stupidly didn't fair catch it, got hit when i got it, fumbled and your guy returned it for a TD. it sucked for me
Oh yeah, but it wasn't a bit hit right when your guy caught it. It was like after you ran 5 yards or something like that and my second guy that hit you popped the ball out. I remember now.

AirBrian

storybook77 said:
No problem. Like I said, I'll be around from about 11 EST in the morning till about 2:30 EST, maybe later if we HAVE to but I plan on watching the Alabama-Ole Miss game at 3:30.
Saturday around then works great for me!

Fifty

TheCrow said:
Before I get to some highlights, I would like to thank fifty for Antwan Barnes who stepped up and put pressure on Peyton. It also helped that I switched to the Ravens D playbook. :D

Aww, that's making me all sentimental. I'm glad to hear it! If he gets an AWR boost next season, he could be even more dangerous. His speed is lethal.. On my end, Gaffney has been demoted to #4, since I got Curtis, but he's still an essential asset, in case someone gets hurt.

TheCrow

Fifty said:
Aww, that's making me all sentimental. I'm glad to hear it! If he gets an AWR boost next season, he could be even more dangerous. His speed is lethal.. On my end, Gaffney has been demoted to #4, since I got Curtis, but he's still an essential asset, in case someone gets hurt.

If I didn't have Stokely I would miss Gaffney.

I really like the ravens PB. Especially the modified 4-2-5. The ROLB is pretty much the RE and the safety will actually line up across the TE. I like the speed the formation brings, which helps in coverage and blitzes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
In other words: I traded this beast and all I got was a shitty bench player!?

TheCrow

Wellington said:
In other words: I traded this beast and all I got was a shitty bench player!?

I don't think fifty had Curtis at the time of the trade, plus he got Buckhalter. :D

Barnes is good but when he has to play in coverage he isn't going to do much. His speed makes up for some of it but he still gets beat, especially on play action.

Fifty

TheCrow said:
I don't think fifty had Curtis at the time of the trade, plus he got Buckhalter. :D

Barnes is good but when he has to play in coverage he isn't going to do much. His speed makes up for some of it but he still gets beat, especially on play action.

Yeah. I was planning on him being my 3rd WR. Also, I now have the best 3rd string RB in the league in Buckhalter. My depth at that position is just sick.

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
Yeah it was.
toss is such bullshit in this game. I need a fast back to abuse

Proud to say I don't think anyone has managed over 5 yards on a toss on me. :D

I'm ready whenever Striker!

LiveWire

Sources: Campbell demoted, Colt Brennan to start against Giants Week 15

By Adam Schefter
ESPN Special to GAF

Washington, DC. -- The Washington Redskins have benched starting quarterback Jason Campbell and replaced him with second-year pro Colt Brennan, who takes over following a period of the worst offensive performances in team history.

Coach LiveWire made the change Friday, two days after the Redskins fell to 5-7-1 while gaining just 203 yards of offense in a 21-0 loss to the Oakland Raiders. Campbell completed 10 of 22 passes for 96 yards and two interceptions.

The Redskins entered the game averaging 354.8 total yards and 18.8 points per game.

"I wasn't surprised because I felt like Jason had done a shitty job and that it was yet another one of those days where nothing went right," Brennan said. "But had I been the quarterback, I know I would have thrown for 3 TDs and 300 yards. OK, maybe not, but I can't do much worse than that assclown, right?"

Brennan, who was inactive for all 16 games as a rookie, has not yet played an NFL down.

Coach LiveWire said he was not blaming the loss on Campbell, but felt Brennan earned a chance to start Sunday in Washington against the Giants. He then recanted his comments and blamed all of the teams' losses on Campbell, particularly the last 3 game stretch, in which the Redskins have given up 100 points and scored only 21 (7 of which came from a defensive TD). The 2005 first-round draft pick out of Auburn threw 1 touchdown and 10 interceptions in that period.

"I hate to make this about Jason," LiveWire said, adding that the rest of the team played pretty well against their last few opponents, given the circumstances. "But when you throw 10 interceptions in 3 games.....C'mon, man."

"I don't want us as an organization to say that game was all Campbell ... but, it really was," the disappointed coach said.

Campbell drops to third on the depth chart behind veteran Todd Collins.

The fifth-year pro, won the No. 1 job in 2006, inheriting the job from journeyman QB Mark Brunell. Following Sunday's game he was asked if thought he would retain the starting role.

"Well, you know, ummm, we have to just execute and keep working together. By working together, I think, you know, we can continue to grow and, ummm, build and execute better, you know. Then, you know, we'll be able to execute our gameplan better and keep working, umm, until we get better." Campbell said.

"Do I want to remain the starting quarterback of the team? Well, you know, Gosh darn it, yeah. I feel as though I can still win football games, you know? But, ummm, we'll see what happens."

LiveWire decided to make a change after reviewing tape of Wednesday's game, citing Campbell's horrible accuracy as one of the reasons.

"He provides us with more options, like passing for touchdowns," LiveWire said of Brennan, who the Redskins drafted out of Hawaii, where he set the NCAA Football Division 1 record for most passing touchdowns in a season with 58, as well as highest pass completion percentage (70.4%) and passing efficiency with a 186.0 rating.

"He gives you the dynamic that you all know about," with his ability to actually pass the ball, the coach added. "He creates a better chance to complete a pass and even throw multiple touchdowns in one game."

In each of its three losses, the Redskins have fallen behind and been forced away from what they do best, which is run the ball.

"We've still got to establish the run," LiveWire said, stressing that Brennan will need a solid rushing attack to help create opportunities in opposing defenses' secondaries. "That's where it's got to start. But let's be honest, no one respects our pass anymore thanks to Lionel Richie, Jr. over there."

The new starter said he's ready for the opportunity.

"It's not just about me turning this thing around," Brennan said. "Well, OK, it is."

Adam Schefter covers the NFL for ESPN and GAF.

Top Bottom