• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can't wait to get this season completed so i can finally draft tibrow #1. he will be like a more dangerous version of mike vick circa madden 2004.

beware!

p.s. and with tibrow running AND passing for me, i no longer need frank gore

Trade me Nate Davis!!!! I need somene that can take over for Garrard after I bench him after his next 5-6 pick game!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
The Curse lives on. It knew Matrix would take over so it made Malley beat me (which lets be honest, should have never happened) to continue the curse.

Matrix beats me again

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
I'm just putting this out there. FMT, you're paying Carolina to lose every game so that you get that sonofabitch.

Wait, he's got the #1 pick via trade with Carolina????

I know what I must do now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Wait, he's got the #1 pick via trade with Carolina????

I know what I must do now.

he didnt trade, it was the trade the 9ers had with the panthers in real life during this last years draft. Bob doesnt get his pick either

Lonestar

If I make it to the Superbowl and win, I'll trade him my 1st round pick for something else, and let him give the #32 pick to FMT.

Lonestar

I still have it showing up for me. There was some sluggish performance when I logged on earlier. Though, I haven't left the site yet, and try to come back.

Rorschach

Stats work for me.

Lonestar said:
If I make it to the Superbowl and win, I'll trade him my 1st round pick for something else, and let him give the #32 pick to FMT.
You'll have to make the playoffs first and it seems unlikely. You need win out and have the Steelers lose 2, the Ravens to lose 3, or the Raiders lose 4.

Also, the Bills clinch the division with one more win and their next game is vs you. :D~

GCQuinton

Fifty said:
I'm just putting this out there. FMT, you're paying Carolina to lose every game so that you get that sonofabitch.

He's not paying me enough. Trust me, I'd LOVE to have that pick right about now.

Rorschach

Teams clinching:

Cowboys clinch with 2 wins

Chargers clinch with 2 wins

Bills clinch with 1 win or Pats loss

Indy clinches with 3 wins

Cards clinch with 2 wins

Races:
NFC South: Bucs face both competing South teams in the final 3 weeks

NFC North: Green Bay tied with Minnesota

AFC North: Ravens/Steelers face each other week 15

WildCard:

Steelers are in with 3 wins
Raiders are in with 2 wins

Giants/Cowpokes/Packers/Vikings/Bucs/Falcons all pushing it to the end depending on division winners.

NFC is wild! Especially the Souf.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Stats work for me.

You'll have to make the playoffs first and it seems unlikely. You need win out and have the Steelers lose 2, the Ravens to lose 3, or the Raiders lose 4.

Also, the Bills clinch the division with one more win and their next game is vs you. :D~

Now, I don't follow NFL much to figure all the Playoff rules, but:

Either one of Steelers/Ravens are going to win the division.

You are 8-4, and I'm 7-5. We have the same Division and Conference record at the moment. So yeah, I need someone to lose, but as you put it. If you lose 4 games?? More like 1, then it would go to some other tiebreaker, right?

And it's why I put an IF there. I'm not mathmatically out yet, though it's probably a longshot.

You're just mad I didn't consgratulates the Power Ranking :p

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Now, I don't follow NFL much to figure all the Playoff rules, but:

Either one of Steelers/Ravens are going to win the division.

You are 8-4, and I'm 7-5. We have the same Division and Conference record at the moment. So yeah, I need someone to lose, but as you put it. If you lose 4 games?? More like 1, then it would go to some other tiebreaker, right?

And it's why I put an IF there. I'm not mathmatically out yet, though it's probably a longshot.

You're just mad I didn't consgratulates the Power Ranking :p
I was basing it on the crappy score tiebreaker that EA may or may not use! And I'm 9-4 btw.

Oh, I meant lose 3..but still! Not gonna happen!

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
I was basing it on the crappy score tiebreaker that EA may or may not use! And I'm 9-4 btw.

Going off EA's Crappy Standings :p

Well, EA's Crappy Servers kept me from 8-5 last night :(

Lonestar

Rorschach said:

Oh, I meant lose 3..but still! Not gonna happen!

If you lose 1, and I somehow win out, we'd finish 11-5, with you either having a worse division w/l than me, or conference w/l. If you lose 2 and I somehow win out, it would be 11-5 versus 10-6? You would get the Wildcard over me then? 3 Losses, and it'd would be 11-5 to 9-7.

I'm confused there.

i may not even take a QB #1. i need to see how nate progresses.

his actual stats are pretty awesome for a rookie qb. even though he's a 64 overall, that is because his AWR is a 35. his arm strength and other attributes are very good.

I still don't have clarification on whether AWR even matters when a human player is controlling the qb. anyone know the answer to this?

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
If you lose 1, and I somehow win out, we'd finish 11-5, with you either having a worse division w/l than me, or conference w/l. If you lose 2 and I somehow win out, it would be 11-5 versus 10-6? You would get the Wildcard over me then? 3 Losses, and it'd would be 11-5 to 9-7.

I'm confused there.
367 vs 243

Actually, let's see if I can fully sim an online franchise to find the answer to this.

Lonestar

What can I say, if it's off of scoring points, I declare this league ruined, because we're told to NOT do so :p

You getting 96 points on the CPUiefs (did Malley even play the first game???) isn't helping the situation. :lol

And even if it's off of points, if you lose 2, not 3, I would be in over you, right?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i may not even take a QB #1. i need to see how nate progresses.

his actual stats are pretty awesome for a rookie qb. even though he's a 64 overall, that is because his AWR is a 35. his arm strength and other attributes are very good.

I still don't have clarification on whether AWR even matters when a human player is controlling the qb. anyone know the answer to this?

Not that I read the Madden 10 strategy guide, but AWR doesn't matter for a QB as the user is controlling him,

Rorschach

Ok, when you look at it from the console, it's not sorted by points or alphabetical order:

xlxxkl.jpg

It's not point differential either.

Hopefully, they get it right.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Hasn't a league on OS finished a season already?

You would think we would have the answer by now.
Someone on GAF finished a league and the wrong teams were advanced. I recall one poster on OS having the same problem. Right now, our league looks to be correct.

I'm advancing the experimental league to see how it goes, but there aren't any damn ties right now. :\

AirBrian

Sorry, story, not going to work tonight. It's going to have to be on Saturday.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what really chaps my ass are losses to the titans (receiving a punt down 7 with 2 mins left and i muff it, they get a TD), the bears (CPU decision! damn you vacation!), and an OT loss to the packers.

not to mention the early season losses i had where i was playing Martz ball. if only there were someway i could get into the playoffs...

if only there were someway BigAT, Storybook, and Dskillz....
Are you sure that was me? I didn't think our game was that close (31-17 was the final).

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Someone on GAF finished a league and the wrong teams were advanced. I recall one poster on OS having the same problem. Right now, our league looks to be correct.

I'm advancing the experimental league to see how it goes, but there aren't any damn ties right now. :\
Well im 1-0 against DM and we have the same division record AND i'm out scoring him, how is that right? :p

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Well im 1-0 against DM and we have the same division record AND i'm out scoring him, how is that right? :p

DCX
Because you lost to Sable and it's a 3 way tie. You don't use 1v1 tie breakers. You use the 3-way tie breakers and it comes down to conference percentage. Both Sable and DM have better win % in the conference.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Because you lost to Sable and it's a 3 way tie. You don't use 1v1 tie breakers. You use the 3-way tie breakers and it comes down to conference percentage. Both Sable and DM have better win % in the conference.
So when the week advances i should be on top due to having a similar % to DM and i beat the Saints. So it should be 8-5 me, 8-5 dm- 7-6 saints? I hope.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
So when the week advances i should be on top due to having a similar % to DM and i beat the Saints. So it should be 8-5 me, 8-5 dm- 7-6 saints? I hope.

DCX
You won't need the conference record. It will be head to head at that point and you beat DM, so yeah you should be on top.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
You won't need the conference record. It will be head to head at that point and you beat DM, so yeah you should be on top.
Then i guess we will find out if its right or wrong then :)

DCX

BigAT

k2xu02.jpgg

So I recently finished the regular season in another league I'm in, with 8 teams in the NFC finishing 9-7 or better, three 12-4 teams and four 9-7. Above are the standings for all the relevant teams. Here is how the playoffs projected:

Byes: 1. Carolina, 2. Arizona

(6)Rams at (3)Cowboys, (5)Seahawks @ (4)Packers (I'm guessing at the seeding for the final 4, but that seems to be right)

Arizona won the West, controlling nearly every tiebreaker (points scored, both head to head wins, division) over Seattle. Arizona also won the tiebreakers over Dallas for the second BYE spot, although I'm not sure what caused it as the Cardinals had both points scored and a better conference record, with no head to head meetings against the Cowboys.

The fact that the Packers were awarded the North is disturbing. The Vikings won both games against Green Bay, had a better division record but less points scored (and a worse differential).

Good luck deciphering how the Rams got the final wild card spot. Of the remaining three 9-7 teams that didn't win a division, the Rams were only #2 in points scored and were last in conference record.

Somnia

Daw and I are done and my away game losing streak continues! I swear to god AP and Percy Harvin are one hell of a combo. Percy ran one back on the opening kick off and just tore me apart on punt returns. I thought I was doing really good all year up to this point stopping the run, but then AP runs for 213 yards on me .

Though on the bright side Fargas had another great game for me (thanks Rors!) and I threw it to 8 different players. Chris Henry continues to be my goto guy (4 rec, 119 yds and 2 tds), but his potential is a C =(

Despite losing I thought I did decent with winning almost every categories (forced a couple fumbles again). Also dominated possession time (23min to 16). That run game of AP though I tell you...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Matrix said:
4 fucking dollars.... what theeeeeeee fuck
but think about how much cheaper that is than a real jersey. and i never go out anyway so i will definitely be pimping my avatar jersey more than i would any real one

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AstroLad said:
but think about how much cheaper that is than a real jersey. and i never go out anyway so i will definitely be pimping my avatar jersey more than i would any real one

:lol

AirBrian said:

No problem. Like I said, I'll be around from about 11 EST in the morning till about 2:30 EST, maybe later if we HAVE to but I plan on watching the Alabama-Ole Miss game at 3:30.

Mrbob

The only correlation i see are the teams who won tiebreakers had a better points forced to points allowed ratio.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Crow, what's your night look like tonight? Otherwise it could be tomorrow or Saturday a.m...

still at work for years yet, tho

The latest I could play today is 2 cst. On friday I probably will not sleep at all so that should give us a pretty good shot at getting our game in.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Good luck deciphering how the Rams got the final wild card spot. Of the remaining three 9-7 teams that didn't win a division, the Rams were only #2 in points scored and were last in conference record.
Did the Rams beat the Saints during the regular season?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
k2xu02.jpgg

So I recently finished the regular season in another league I'm in, with 8 teams in the NFC finishing 9-7 or better, three 12-4 teams and four 9-7. Above are the standings for all the relevant teams. Here is how the playoffs projected:

Byes: 1. Carolina, 2. Arizona

(6)Rams at (3)Cowboys, (5)Seahawks @ (4)Packers (I'm guessing at the seeding for the final 4, but that seems to be right)

Arizona won the West, controlling nearly every tiebreaker (points scored, both head to head wins, division) over Seattle. Arizona also won the tiebreakers over Dallas for the second BYE spot, although I'm not sure what caused it as the Cardinals had both points scored and a better conference record, with no head to head meetings against the Cowboys.

The fact that the Packers were awarded the North is disturbing. The Vikings won both games against Green Bay, had a better division record but less points scored (and a worse differential).

Thank you for this.

Looks like the net points is the tiebreaker then.

This sucks. Like I said, just win, I guess!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Thank you for this.

Looks like the net points is the tiebreaker then.

This sucks. Like I said, just win, I guess!
Then why isn't it the tie breaker in ours? Net points doesn't seem to be the sole tie breaker or else NO would be above Tampa. And Minny above GBP.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Then why isn't it the tie breaker in ours? Net points doesn't seem to be the sole tie breaker or else NO would be above Tampa. And Minny above GBP.
aren't the standings different in the web view vs on 360? don't know which one is official

AirBrian said:

Are you sure that was me? I didn't think our game was that close (31-17 was the final).

you don't remember!? :(

i stopped you with 2 mins then you punted to me with the score 24-17. i stupidly didn't fair catch it, got hit when i got it, fumbled and your guy returned it for a TD. it sucked for me

Top Bottom