• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker

Matrix said:
Striker, what time is good for you to play once the week is advanced?
I worked today and all day tomorrow. Best bet is during the day hours or really late on Monday or Tuesday.

Let me know your best hours!

Fifty

good win by Mr. Bob. This makes my next two games even more stressful! Yet again I'm beat badly by a TE. Bob deserved to win. He outplayed me and I had my worst passing game of the season. Just terrible, uninspired stuff by Flacco.

bob won? fuck. i need all NFC people to lose to maximize my chances!

also, i'm not sure when sable is back. i think he'll be back before the deadline. if he's not you could just play the CPU (no fun i know)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
Lone, can you play tonight?

No, I'm not sure I'm coming back to the league.

3534998022_0dabdfd111.jpg

LAST STRAW ALERT

Mrbob

GG fifty...sorry about some of the pausing I need to cool down after some plays as I get so mad. When you got that TD pass in the 3rd to go up 20 to 6 I thought the game was over then. The ball was thrown into coverage, it went right through my corners hands and to his WR and he got a 70 yard td bomb on the play. I was so ticked off after that play. But I didn't give up and had a play near the end of the 3rd quarter which turned the whole game around. Being down 20 to 6 with one minute left in the 3rd I had a 4th and goal from the 3. I knew a fg wasn't going to do it for me so I went for it and here is the result!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11134000

I was actually proud of that play because I was able to trick your safety play on that one to get my WR open. In the 2nd half I stopped attacking your safety because I wasn't getting anywhere doing so with two picks in the first half. So I started using plays to try and make you aggressively bite in with your safety and started getting some long plays deep. Thankfully I got a couple plays in and capped a 96 yard drive to go up 27 to 20. The ravens still had a final gasp and lach picked one off to seal the deal!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11134066

So my playoff hopes didn't go down yet...but they are still slim! I don't know where the defense I was playing that game had been all season. This was easily the best I played on D all year. Wish I had done this earlier in the season. :(

DCX

DCX
GG bro...i'm so pissed right now, i cant count how many times my fucking LBs dropped picks in thier hands, on the final scoring drive before end of regulation i think there was like 5!! Yet he gets two acrobatic ints, i can't get one...not one...then i get burnt on a fg missed that i had returned for a td then Washington from behind the entire two teams runs me down, Houston is like a 90 speed WTF!!! GG, not taking anything from you, but 80% passing, good running from Turner against a stout Run D, and i get fucked like that...Season over.

DCX

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
bob won? fuck. i need all NFC people to lose to maximize my chances!

I'll do everything I can to make sure you can't get a wild card spot! I just need to win one of my last two to make sure!

DCX

DCX
Oh and i just saw that DM is leading the division even though we are tied, i hold the head to head and i out scored him have a better in division record blah, blah, blah fuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker said:
I worked today and all day tomorrow. Best bet is during the day hours or really late on Monday or Tuesday.

Let me know your best hours!

I can play really late either Monday or Tuesday. I can do 11 pm eastern and on.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
GG bro...i'm so pissed right now, i cant count how many times my fucking LBs dropped picks in thier hands, on the final scoring drive before end of regulation i think there was like 5!! Yet he gets two acrobatic ints, i can't get one...not one...then i get burnt on a fg missed that i had returned for a td then Washington from behind the entire two teams runs me down, Houston is like a 90 speed WTF!!! GG, not taking anything from you, but 80% passing, good running from Turner against a stout Run D, and i get fucked like that...Season over.

DCX
That was a pretty epic, back-and-forth battle. I would be pretty down if I lost that one, too, but you have to admit, that was a pretty dramatic and hard-fought game. You have nothing to hang your head about. GG, man.

NOG

Rorschach

Bah! Can't stay connected with Crow. It let me continue vs cpu both times, but it wasn't a clearly decided game either time. There was plenty of time left. :/

Though, with my bias, I say I would have won both even if I was down in one! ;b

GGs, though Crow.

If you want to go Sunday Night before SNF, I'm down.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
That was a pretty epic, back-and-forth battle. I would be pretty down if I lost that one, too, but you have to admit, that was a pretty dramatic and hard-fought game. You have nothing to hang your head about. GG, man.

NOG
I don't mean to sound like i'm down playing your talents...it's just frustrating that, like you said, in a back and forth battle you got the turnovers you needed to win this game, flat out and period.

When the balance was in hand for a stop these dumb ass stone handed LBS were in position to make a play, a play to seal and they dropped it 5 times! You score, head to OT with ball, one mistake game over...ugh...

GG, one to go down in the record books, game of the week for sure, and fuc Keller lol I'm sure you hate Gonzo too, he was clutch this game. Just didn't make enough plays. BTW the draft picks stay with me thanks! :/

DCX

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Bah! Can't stay connected with Crow. It let me continue vs cpu both times, but it wasn't a clearly decided game either time. There was plenty of time left. :/

Though, with my bias, I say I would have won both even if I was down in one! ;b

GGs, though Crow.

If you want to go Sunday Night before SNF, I'm down.

I would say the first game was heading my way but you had the second one. My running D completely switched up on me. Almost all of the TDs were off of big plays and everything else was 55+ FGs. :lol

Sunday would be fine with me.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I would say the first game was heading my way but you had the second one. My running D completely switched up on me. Almost all of the TDs were off of big plays and everything else was 55+ FGs. :lol

Sunday would be fine with me.
Yeah, the little lag spikes make it hard to tackle :| Hard to pick plays, too. Sorry if I was taking too long, but I had to be super careful. -_-

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Yeah, the little lag spikes make it hard to tackle :| Hard to pick plays, too. Sorry if I was taking too long, but I had to be super careful. -_-

At times while picking plays it would scroll down 5 times when I just wanted to go down once. :|

My starting FS would have been gone for 8 weeks if we actually finished that second game.

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
At times while picking plays it would scroll down 5 times when I just wanted to go down once. :|

My starting FS would have been gone for 8 weeks if we actually finished that second game.
All injuries disappear once we hit off-season, so more like 2 weeks. :p

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Wait...
<_<

>_>

I see what you did there. :( There's always next year.
Haha I didn't mean it like that, but now that you bring it up.... ;)

I think you'll do well next season. Also, next season we get to see the AFC West vs the NFC West!

Bring it, NFC chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ps.

Somnia

So regarding when the season is over. Are we going to send FMT the list of 3 cuts we make (since we have to do them manually) as soon as the season is over? Then in what order are we going to do things? Draft first and then FA draft?

Only other thing is can I sign a player I cut if he is still available on my pick? :D

we'll go over it in more detail when the time comes but yes you'll send your 3 players you're cutting to me, cut them, and then we'll have some type of draft.

also i meant to ask if people are having any issues with opponents manually moving d-lineman. concerns have been brought up that people will take a DE (for instance) and move him inside to be lined up against a guard (for instance) and this is causing issues. i have used this technique before as well and didn't think it was being cheap (i sure didn't get any better pressure), but if people are having problems with it i can look into it. any opinions?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we'll go over it in more detail when the time comes but yes you'll send your 3 players you're cutting to me, cut them, and then we'll have some type of draft.

also i meant to ask if people are having any issues with opponents manually moving d-lineman. concerns have been brought up that people will take a DE (for instance) and move him inside to be lined up against a guard (for instance) and this is causing issues. i have used this technique before as well and didn't think it was being cheap (i sure didn't get any better pressure), but if people are having problems with it i can look into it. any opinions?
DE isn't as bad, but if you take a DT (especially one that commands a double team) and wedge him right next to the DE or the other DT, it will make at least one guy try to block air.

I don't think I've seen anyone purposefully exploit it, but even if you don't know what you're doing, you can take advantage.

I'd like to see how line players feel about it, though. I haven't seen many line players even attempt to do it. They all move with line shifts only, so I don't think it would affect many.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
those throwbacks were just for you FMT. first time ive used them all year.

Do you have any special requests for your Avatar?

goodbye playoffs :(

i now deem donovan mcribb to be the most overrated player in madden. absolutely ridiculous. he throws on the run 40 yards down field, breaks 2 tackles (one from a DE, the other a CB) on a 3rd and 10 to extend the drive, i get a CLEAR pick 6 and somehow dre bly can't outrun mcnabb even with a 5 yard lead.

all this and i still could have won if i didn't make some bonehead throws. but i also blame the ridiculousness of the eagles D. i know nate davis isn't mike vick but holy shit there were times where the closest defender was 5 yards away and i'd start to scramble but they went in superspeed to go sack him.

bring on jack english or john english or whatever the fuck his name is!

p.s. yes i would like something showing crabtree banging a bunch of hot chicks

CB3

i now deem donovan mcribb to be the most overrated player in madden. absolutely ridiculous. he throws on the run 40 yards down field, breaks 2 tackles (one from a DE, the other a CB) on a 3rd and 10 to extend the drive, i get a CLEAR pick 6 and somehow dre bly can't outrun mcnabb even with a 5 yard lead.

wat? did you miss the part where Nate Davis scrambled all the way to the right and rockets a 40 yard bomb to a WR going the totally opposite way? That was some BS. So you cant say nothing about that donovan bomb (which was absolutly beautiful.)

I stiff armed Osi when i was playing him in our first game with Donovan. Best thing ive ever seen.

By the way did you love my wildcat? If Dre Bly doesnt slip that block right on time LeSean goes 70 yards for a TD untouched!

oh cb sorry about the manual QB sack. i was controlling the safety and when you did that PA pass i darted in to the rb and by the time i realized it was a PA pass i was right next to donovan.... wasn't going to turn away a sack on 3rd and inches! that's the roll of the dice you take!

i didn't get any points off the ensuing drive anyways. oh and i was super pissed i missed that easy crabtree deep bomb. fucking nate D!

but that was one play with davis and i actually stopped and planted when i threw. mcribb had a game full of ridiculousness.

and the wildcat is for bitches. i shut it down easily except for like 1 play.

CB3

i only ran it 3 times :lol if thats a 33% chance ill get a big play thats pretty good odds

CB3 said:
i only ran it 3 times :lol if thats a 33% chance ill get a big play thats pretty good odds

but you lost yardage on the other 2 plays. you just caught me in a bad defense (sometimes i dont even wait to see the offenses package so....)

you win this round, but i'll be back and next time i'll have a qb who is rated over an 80. THEN you'll see what it's like!

CB3

actually the other two were no gain, and one of them was just cause Marshall took way to long to cut. Ive had relatively good success with those plays on other teams

You loved that Brian Dawkins user pick. I baited you into that the whole way. just like old times!

Somnia

Smokey I'm free tomorrow after the Sunday Night Game. Anytime before 7pm cst on Monday (cant start a game later than 7) and anytime after 630pm on Tuesday. Just let me know.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
DE isn't as bad, but if you take a DT (especially one that commands a double team) and wedge him right next to the DE or the other DT, it will make at least one guy try to block air.

I don't think I've seen anyone purposefully exploit it, but even if you don't know what you're doing, you can take advantage.

I'd like to see how line players feel about it, though. I haven't seen many line players even attempt to do it. They all move with line shifts only, so I don't think it would affect many.

I sometimes move Haynesworth left or right next to either Griffin (DT) or Daniels (DE) depending on where I think I can get pressure. I've also manually stunted Haynesworth around Griffin's side next to Andre Carter. The few times I do get a one-on-one situation because of it have been balanced by the gaping run holes I leave if it's not a passing play.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Tell me about it, it's fucking ridiculous. Must be nice to have a good QB.

but i've started nate davis like the past 4 games and had won them all. he is better in every statistical category over hill except awareness!

but dont worry, jack english will save me next season!

Smokey

Somnia said:
Smokey I'm free tomorrow after the Sunday Night Game. Anytime before 7pm cst on Monday (cant start a game later than 7) and anytime after 630pm on Tuesday. Just let me know.

Tuesday is probably the best for me.

If I can get some time tonight though after the game I'll post here.

Top Bottom