• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Ramirez

This game sucks dick.

I stop the run, my whole D still bites on PA. I run on my opponent, I get raped when I PA. I drop 2 INTs in a row, his D catches all things thrown their way. I mean really.

Rorschach

Wellington: Not necessarily. No one in the south wants to win the division, so they keep losing and the top two South teams face each other week 17 so that means the second place team will be 9-6 at best and 8-8 at worst.

Ramirez said:
This game sucks dick.

I stop the run, my whole D still bites on PA. I run on my opponent, I get raped when I PA. I drop 2 INTs in a row, his D catches all things thrown their way. I mean really.
It's dumb, but it depends on the QB's PA rating instead of circumstance. :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nfc west
hammock-281108-rex-350.jpg

Striker

Rorschach said:
Big Ben's PA rating is 92 according to the attritibutes I just scanned.

No real way to figure that out; we're not EA here!

Brady Quinn is fairly low or average on all those, and I feel I've done a decent job with him.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Wellington: Not necessarily. No one in the south wants to win the division, so they keep losing and the top two South teams face each other week 17 so that means the second place team will be 9-6 at best and 8-8 at worst.

Not true but i suffer the same syndrome as Ram with stone handed defenders...

DCX

Ramirez

Striker said:
Big Ben's PA rating is 92 according to the attritibutes I just scanned.

No real way to figure that out; we're not EA here!

Brady Quinn is fairly low or average on all those, and I feel I've done a decent job with him.

Yea, I mean prior to today's game I led the league in rushing ( I still might, haven't checked), but PA has almost been a non factor for me as it usually always ends in a sack, knock down, or wounded duck. It's really frustrating to say the least.

Mrbob

Wow, the Giants went down. An interesting development just occurred. I need one more thing to happen for the week, and it is unlikely, but I can't say it yet so I don't jinx it!

Oh and eeyore you still have a lead an advantage towards a playoff spot. :p

AirBrian said:
pheeknicks, when you want to do this?

I can play before the fins game, or I can play tomorrow afternoon sometime (would probably be best TBH)

also how could you call me pheeknicks what happened to our Plano connection :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:

Not worried about those losers in the South. I trounced each one of those guys fighting for the playoff spot.

I don't think CB loses either of his last two games. He holds the tiebreaker on me due to divisional record.

One of the Packers or Vikings won't get the division, and at the moment both have a better record than I do. I face the Vikings in week 17 so I control my destiny. I have to be careful not to count out GCQ lest I lose an upset. Then it's time to gameplan for the best receiver in the league, Adrian Peterson. Daw's game pretty much plays to my weakness.... as you know, Rors.

On another, more somber note... I suffered my fifth sack of the season earlier today. :(

We'll see what happens.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Not worried about those losers in the South. I trounced each one of those guys fighting for the playoff spot.

I don't think CB loses either of his last two games. He holds the tiebreaker on me due to divisional record.

One of the Packers or Vikings won't get the division, and at the moment both have a better record than I do. I face the Vikings in week 17 so I control my destiny. I have to be careful not to count out GCQ lest I lose an upset. Then it's time to gameplan for the best receiver in the league, Adrian Peterson. Daw's game pretty much plays to my weakness.... as you know, Rors.

On another, more somber note... I suffered my fifth sack of the season earlier today. :(

We'll see what happens.
Hope we play again.

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:

One of the Packers or Vikings won't get the division, and at the moment both have a better record than I do. I face the Vikings in week 17 so I control my destiny. I have to be careful not to count out GCQ lest I lose an upset. Then it's time to gameplan for the best receiver in the league, Adrian Peterson. Daw's game pretty much plays to my weakness.... as you know, Rors. .
Fitz has 500 more receiving yards than AP!

BigAT

Come on Quinton, I think you're primed and ready to start a winning streak. I could certainly use a Vikings loss this week. Just try to hold Adrian Peterson under double digit receptions and you're set.

As long as he doesn't run for 200+ yards on you instead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
what did daw get banned for? funny that someone at the heart of the playoff race can't post in or even read the thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX = the Livewire of the NFC South.

Well maybe not seeing as CK cant beat livewire to save his life.

Rorschach

Wellington said:

We'll see what happens.
Oh, well I figured it would be a North, East, or South guy and the South would be eliminated. What I forgot about was CB.

AstroLad said:
what did daw get banned for? funny that someone at the heart of the playoff race can't post in or even read the thread
I think it was for being insensitive to peanut allergies.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
DCX = the Livewire of the NFC South.

Well maybe not seeing as CK cant beat livewire to save his life.

I guess you're also the Livewire of the NFC East cause you won't be making the playoffs either.

CB3

LiveWire said:
I guess you're also the Livewire of the NFC East cause you won't be making the playoffs either.

When its all said and done ill actually end up with the best division record though. 4-2. Any other division and i would have probably took it. Im used to beating up on each other in the NFC Beast so its ok. With Shawn out of the way i plan to take it next season regardless. Ill tap your ass twice that season just like this season too

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
I'll be on in 10 minutes.

Lets get this over with, feeling nauseous and crummy. But it'll be interesting to see how Adalious Thomas plays after 8 weeks off. Fred Taylor too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker if you want to play earlier than 11 est let me know, since I'm free.

If not, I'll be ready to play then.

Lonestar

Well, since LJ wants to go for in on 4th down and 3 in the 1st quarter, I'll just let him play the CPU.

LJ11

All season long we had an open door policy with regards to 4th down, so I went for it in the first on 4th and 3 because I was on my opponents 38 kicking into the wind. I forgot that we added rules changes, wouldn't have gone for it, heck it's the first time all season I've gone for it on 4th down that early.

Lone didn't appreciate it, but I totally forgot about the rule change. Just sim the game, sim the rest of my games for that matter.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
When its all said and done ill actually end up with the best division record though. 4-2. Any other division and i would have probably took it. Im used to beating up on each other in the NFC Beast so its ok. With Shawn out of the way i plan to take it next season regardless. Ill tap your ass twice that season just like this season too
I'm going to lose twice to live and still have a 14-2 record. You're not beating me ever again in your entire life of Madden 10.

CB3

Wellington said:
I'm going to lose twice to live and still have a 14-2 record. You're not beating me ever again in your entire life of Madden 10.

Well then ill lose twice to you and end up 14-2 and get the wildcard, then take you out in the playoffs

Edit: yeah 4th down and 3 at the 38 yard line is perfectly plausible. Thats a pretty dick move lonestar

Lonestar

CB3 said:
Well then ill lose twice to you and end up 14-2 and get the wildcard, then take you out in the playoffs

Edit: yeah 4th down and 3 at the 38 yard line is perfectly plausible. Thats a pretty dick move lonestar

Except I didn't quit the game, I just messaged him to play the CPU if he wants. I didn't know we could just freely blow through 4th downs, I would have done it more then.

Somnia

* no going for it on forth down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are losing.
* in instances where you are in "no mans land", it is ok to go for it on 4th down in any circumstance as long as you are tied or losing. lets say it is the 2nd quarter, you are down by 3, and you have a 4th and 7 at your opponents 36. is that ok? yes. but lets keep it at 7 or less for the yardage. i think that is within reason.

No where does it say you can't go for it in that situation. Hell I would have probably gone for it also if you were kicking into the wind.

CB3

its not freely blowing through though. its pretty much out of FG range(especially wind) but a punt on the 38 isnt exactly ideal. Coaches in the NFL go for it all the time in that position

Its pretty much understood what the rules for 4th down are. we dont really even need them set in stone. Usually guys pause and message me asking if they can go for it and i tell them dont even ask me. Just do it. Unless they are going for it on like 4th and 7 from their 30 yard line or something totally ridiculous like that its not a huge deal.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
somnia:

* no going for it on forth down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are losing.
* in instances where you are in "no mans land", it is ok to go for it on 4th down in any circumstance as long as you are tied or losing. lets say it is the 2nd quarter, you are down by 3, and you have a 4th and 7 at your opponents 36. is that ok? yes. but lets keep it at 7 or less for the yardage. i think that is within reason.

As a technical matter though they say you basically can never go for it on 4th if you are in the lead. I'm sure a lot of people myself included have done so in 4th and short no-man's land situations. Maybe the rules need to be amended such that you can go for it on 4th and <7 in no-man's land since that seems to be more in line with practice and reasonableness.

Rorschach

LJ11: not only is that NOT against the rules, it's perfectly reasonable. If you're still connected and Lone wants to exit, play the CPU and get this game done, please.

[edit]
AstroLad said:
somnia:

As a technical matter though they say you basically can never go for it on 4th if you are in the lead. I'm sure a lot of people myself included have done so in 4th and short no-man's land situations. Maybe the rules need to be amended such that you can go for it on 4th and <7 in no-man's land since that seems to be more in line with practice and reasonableness.
What was the score?

[edit2] Those 4th down stats are wrong. I've never gone for it on 4th and it says I've gone 4 times!
[edit3]Oh wait, I did go for it 2 times so I wouldn't "run up the score" but that's it!

LukeSmith

Again, notice to whoever I play:

Avin sucks. If I'm inside the 40 down to the 25 in YOUR territory I am going for it on 4th down 100% of the time.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:

LJ11: not only is that NOT against the rules, it's perfectly reasonable. If you're still connected and Lone wants to exit, play the CPU and get this game done, please.

[edit]
What was the score?

[edit2] Those 4th down stats are wrong. I've never gone for it on 4th and it says I've gone 4 times!
well it's LJ so i assumed he was winning. :lol

no offense lone!

rors: you are a cheater and a liar and a failer (0/4!)

Top Bottom