• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

i don't know if slo is playing, he mentioned that he may not. lets wait and see everyone who's playing first!

yeah nnamdi raped me, and pwill was beastin' too! my only complaint is that i threw 6 picks (all deserved!) but you only threw 2.... but it should have been 4 or 5! my guys can't catch for shit even on fly balls. although i guess i could have feasibly thrown 8 or 9 too :/

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't know if slo is playing, he mentioned that he may not. lets wait and see everyone who's playing first!

yeah nnamdi raped me, and pwill was beastin' too! my only complaint is that i threw 6 picks (all deserved!) but you only threw 2.... but it should have been 4 or 5! my guys can't catch for shit even on fly balls. although i guess i could have feasibly thrown 8 or 9 too :/
They made up for it with that total whiff INT try that got Crabs the easy TD. :\

Anyway, GG. At least I can kind of play against the week old vets! My offense blows, but what can I do between guys dropping balls and JRuss overthrowing everything? :\

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
13020_512x288_manicured__+xI4-3HcwkuMqDTOPXBpOw.jpg

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE PLAY THIS BOY IN MADDEN!

Striker

Yay, I beat the Lions :lol .. I wanted to play a team on my rating level and they were fairly normal. Despite only winning by seven, I had a ton of time in T.O.P. and yards. Culpepper dinked and dunked all game, and I only made one bad mistake. They scored two TD's and only one came off a drive longer than 1 yard. One scoring drive before halftime they got because Cribbs fumbled the KR, and Jason fuckin' Hanson stumbled his way to my 1 until somebody tackled him.

I think I'm getting used to the pass-rush abilities now, too, even with this group of nobodies.

Checking stats: 297 total yards offense, they had 164. Eight more first downs, and 15 more minutes in time of possession. :\

The game seemed to go by pretty quick for some reason. Used the 10 min., 20 sec runoff and I was always hampered to rush at points.

--

I'll play if anyone wants.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg mws. i almost made the comeback. fucking josh morgan cost me big on that 3rd down where i got the ball to him and i guess he bobbled it or dropped it or something and then your guy picked it. and yes before you say it i know frank gore is dirty, i can't help it! :lol

on a somewhat related note, i know that was just a head to head game and you can play however you like, but in league play i hope you're not going to run the wildcat in every goalline situation and moving your defenders around pre-snap is illegal (i.e. taking your lb's or whoever and manually moving them to bunch in the middle).

p.s. broncos have some fast players! knowshown moreno and eddie royal are dangerous.

OH, and a word to the wise for everyone, i honestly think there is some type of bug or logic when you are diving into the endzone near the pylon. in my single player franchise i've done this a couple times and fumbled both times. then MWS fumbled with eddie royal doing the same thing. not that i care if you guys fumble out of the endzone against me and i get the ball back at the 20!

gg FMT, I am trying out the wildcat with different players and blocking schemes. I could have easily just ran QB sneak from the 1. I didn't move any defenders around pre-snap except for the ones that I controlled, perhaps you confused it with the Nickle Prowl I was running where the LB's move around before the snap by themselves. I don't mind not touching the LB's but as I have said before it is nearly impossible to call any man blitzes in the game with being able to move one defender. The safeties do not come down and play near their man in this game. A few times you were able to move the ball by quick passing to the slot or TE because my safety was 10-15 yards off of their man.

Striker

gg cb

I cannot handle the speed of Jackson, Ingram, Westbrook, etc. Even if I hadn't made those two boneheaded passes, doubtful I could keep up offensively. Jamal Lewis must have used Shawne Merriman's roids pregame because he looked NOTHING like that facing Pittsburgh.

CB3

Fifty said:
EA has won.

btw, what's the difference between Advanced and Hardcore playcalling?

Hardcore is when Alex Smith gives FMT a blowjob before he breaks the huddle

MWS Natural said:
gg FMT, I am trying out the wildcat with different players and blocking schemes. I could have easily just ran QB sneak from the 1. I didn't move any defenders around pre-snap except for the ones that I controlled, perhaps you confused it with the Nickle Prowl I was running where the LB's move around before the snap by themselves. I don't mind not touching the LB's but as I have said before it is nearly impossible to call any man blitzes in the game with being able to move one defender. The safeties do not come down and play near their man in this game. A few times you were able to move the ball by quick passing to the slot or TE because my safety was 10-15 yards off of their man.

1. you didn't run the wildcat from the 1 everytime. the 4, 5, outside the 1. and qb sneak isn't guaranteed this year anyways

2. im not saying every play you moved the LB's in, but early on you moved a couple LB's to the middle then clicked off of them. your opponent can see the player control icon underneath, so it wasn't the CPU

anyways i just lost to DM on some bullshit i can only laugh about. i was controlling everything most of the game, its 17-6 in the 4th. DM throws a pick 6 and im up 23-6. but wait there's a flag! surely holding right? nope, roughing the passer on P-will :lol dm proceeds to score, i throw a pick 6, and the rest is history.

now i have played about 30 or 40 games of madden 10 and that is the first roughing call i have ever seen. i wasn't even controlling willis! :lol

you lucked out this time DM, but i'll be back!

CB3

GG LJ

That fucking westbrook fumble at the end almost cost me a controller. so very very close to throwing it square into the wall

LJ11

Yeah, good game dude, couple of bounces went my way no doubt. That pass near half almost killed me, would've been tough to come back if you nailed that throw, inches shy. To be honest, that pause/cutscene of the refs at the 1 second mark had me thinking that you would call a timeout before time expired.

Westbrook fumble was killer, because if you broke that tackle you had one man to beat.

I'm not sure what Stacey Andrews is rated, but Maybin was blowing by him with that shoulder dip animation. Haven't played against too many speedrushers, but if that can be done to Andrews by a rookie, I wonder what the more seasoned pass rushers can do.

Good game!

CB3

LJ11 said:
Yeah, good game dude, couple of bounces went my way no doubt. That pass near half almost killed me, would've been tough to come back if you nailed that throw, inches shy. To be honest, that pause/cutscene of the refs at the 1 second mark had me thinking that you would call a timeout before time expired.

Westbrook fumble was killer, because if you broke that tackle you had one man to beat.

I'm not sure what Stacey Andrews is rated, but Maybin was blowing by him with that shoulder dip animation. Haven't played against too many speedrusher, but if that can be done to Andrews by a rookie, I wonder what the more seasoned pass rushers can do.

Good game!

I was mashing the TO button. You really cant call a TO with 1 second left. you need 2. its such bullshit.

And Stacey is somewhere between 88-90. I know i kept seeing you flash by him out of the corner of my eye like wtf bitch block him.

Still cant believe that fumble. It was just a CB right? how does westbrook not go through/around him.

That one play where i had Curtis on the deep post on the PA out of shotgun was BS too :lol He beat the double coverage for the bomb and one of your DB's cut infront of him as the ball was coming down and stopped his progression. i know because the he literally stopped and the controller vibrated. im like how the hell is that not PI.

Frustrating but fun game

CB3

ugh. i would rather it been a LB or something and i didnt notice. i would have felt better about it.

still, pretty crazy game. that and the inches from a TD at the end of the half will haunt me for like a week. im not even joking. Curtis had a pretty nice game though. cant blame anything on him

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys im going to be setting up a tournament while we wait for the season to start. i'll post the thread link here when it's done!
Beaten! I like it.

i updated the original post with the teams as i know them.

if your name isn't somewhere in the original post (i know i missed people), or if you name is in the original post and you're NOT going to play, please post.

some people i haven't heard from since the game came out so i dont know if there is still interest there!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol no, it just meant those are people who told me they may or may not play. sorry!
I figured as much, but I just couldn't resist calling on the Animal House gods for a chuckle. Check your pm's.

also, the remaining spots are going to be chosen by all the commishes. i'll get together with them once we know everyone who is in or out and we'll have the roster at that point.

i'm also getting feedback as we go on past leagues people have been in, how they're playing, dependability, etc.

Rorschach

"Very easy. The panthers will trade their 1st round pick and 7th round pick to the 49ers for the 49ers 7th round pick. Then, when that is completed, we can trade 7th round picks back."

FMT: you know we can't trade picks, right? Just making sure. :p

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf, i thought they said we could trade picks, just not picks for players? damn you tiburon! you've crushed my dreams for the LAST TIME!!
That's what I thought too...until I checked that fake league today.

Top Bottom