• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Shawnwhann said:
It wouldn't be EA if there wasn't a head-scratching omission the web stuff, and the big one is the lack of any aggregated statistics to view on the website. No league leaders, individual stats, team offensive or defensive rankings/sorting (not in game either); it's all very bare bones. :(

madden10of1.jpg

Is it possible only the league manager can see them? Or is that Stats menu option not what I think it would be?

Edit:

Actually I'm dumb didn't see this image just a bit lower down in the article:

leagueleaders.jpg

so league leaders is certainly in at least for the manager. Wonder if the same applies for the website? No clue since i still don't have the game :(

Shawnwhann said:
Sable, I meant there are no stat categories (web or in-game) for TEAM offensive and defensive rankings or statistics.

ah sorry misread what you wrote then, carry on. that is a pretty glaring omission. Hopefully something they can fix?

Rorschach said:
EA doesn't care about team stats as evidenced by last year.

A dizzying variety of team stats are available in offline franchise, it sucks they couldn't just import that over.

Oh well, we'll just have to live with it :/

SMOKE

Banned
Anyone else get booted completely from PSN and EA servers?

My opponent quit on me after I score the nail in the coffin TD and when I went to continue against the CPU with 2 mins left it just BAM!!! lost all connections:lol

Ramirez

Striker said:
I had a near TD on a punt return from Cribbs, and essentially the Punter stopped my momentum from getting their scott free.

The Cribbs' return: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8467683

That Cribbs' return was all kinds of whack, he broke at least 6 straight tackles. :lol I'm noticing that sometimes this year, it seems as if there are times where you're not going to tackle someone if the game deems it necessary. =\

But yea, I thought that game went on a bit too long, I'd probably go with 10 mins 20 sec runoff.

Anyone wanna play?

bluemax

Banned
So I played last night with default settings for one game, and 5 min accelerated clocks the other time.

First game was me against the Chiefs and I absolutely torched the Chiefs. The final was 30-0 including a TD returned for a TD by me. And a bizarro XP block by the Chiefs. I held the Chiefs under 200 yards of offense I think, their best offensive play was a wildcat run by Larry Johnson. Hasslebeck was 20 of 23 with 200 something yards 1 TD and 1 pick (which was my fault). I only had 44 yards rushing on like 18 attempts :(

Second game was against the Cardinals. Picked off Dirt Warner twice but ended up losing 13-10. I missed a 47 yarder and a 55 yarder with Olindo Mare dude has no kicking power at all both kicks were short. Rackers missed two to the left bizarrely enough but nailed a 56 yarder like it was nothing. Cardinals best run was a direct snap to Larry Fitzgerald and then for some reason they tried to hurry up on third and short right after and have him attempt a pass! My passing accuracy was a bit more human in this game but I don't remember exact numbers. As far as rushing goes I think I managed less than 20 total yards on 15+ carries. Julius Jones goes down on first contact every time and he seems to get hit in the backfield a lot :(

Also it looks like I can buy some stupid fake MS money and access online franchise that way so I'm still in!

Birdman02

Finally got a chance to play a game earlier with 12 min qtrs and 20 second runoff. The time seemed fine, but I'd be ok with 10 min qtrs. The Jags defense held up nicely against the Dolphins, but I couldn't generate much on offense, outside of 1 big run and a couple of 15-20 yd passes. I ended up winning 23-13 thanks to a couple of pick 6's by my safety (can't remember his name right now).

I'll probably be around sometime tonight looking for a game or 2.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ramirez said:
That Cribbs' return was all kinds of whack, he broke at least 6 straight tackles. :lol I'm noticing that sometimes this year, it seems as if there are times where you're not going to tackle someone if the game deems it necessary. =\
But yea, I thought that game went on a bit too long, I'd probably go with 10 mins 20 sec runoff.

Anyone wanna play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwLZWUVbxQ#t=6m15s

Check this out then....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
Finally got a chance to play a game earlier with 12 min qtrs and 20 second runoff. The time seemed fine, but I'd be ok with 10 min qtrs. The Jags defense held up nicely against the Dolphins, but I couldn't generate much on offense, outside of 1 big run and a couple of 15-20 yd passes. I ended up winning 23-13 thanks to a couple of pick 6's by my safety (can't remember his name right now).

I'll probably be around sometime tonight looking for a game or 2.
FMT and I just played a 12 minute game. Seemed fine to me. I think 10 mins would work better because the game seemed to go on forever.

Played two good games against Shawn and FMT. I can see why they are the top players. I lost to Shawn by three, I won against FMT by three. I felt like the game against FMT was more of a loss since he scored so much against me.

Anyone want to get a game in? GT: MWS The Natural

Wellington said:
FMT and I just played a 12 minute game. Seemed fine to me. I think 10 mins would work better because the game seemed to go on forever.

Played two good games against Shawn and FMT. I can see why they are the top players. I lost to Shawn by three, I won against FMT by three. I felt like the game against FMT was more of a loss since he scored so much against me.

In your games when you guys are calling man blitzes you are just leaving the safeties back there?

Fifty

10 minutes! I know, because I didn't even know Madden was out until a couple of hours ago. God, I'm out of it! I swear, I'm getting my act together. I have the game now and I'm going to pay attention to this thread as if this was my baby.

GQMan: that Ravens non-tackle highlight scares the crap out of me. Especially after watching our preseason D dominate, that just makes me sick.

2K had gang tackling way ahead of its time, but it was also known for having those type of RB runs where they can break 8 tackles just as easily as 1.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah the non tackling thing is a bitch. Sometimes it just feels like the game wants someone to get a big game it is pretty stupid. I played the Packers and almost all their yards came on two big plays where I had the guy wrapped up and he squirted free until one of my safeties tracked him down.

Also playing against another human it feels like there are more WTF INTs than when playing the CPU.

Fifty

My kicker is rated 59! Wtf! ..I guess they did say that they'd make the difference greater between good/bad players. But still!

I also like how my 4th WR is rated 39!!!!! His ratings are good, until you get to his AWR, which is 40. 40 AWR means that he probably wouldn't notice if his house was burning down! This is my punt returner: Figurs. I guess you only need a rating of 40 awareness to return punts, because complete retards excel at assessing and avoiding incoming tacklers!

P.S: I feel naked without Chris McAlister. Year after year I've had his insanely overrated self on my Madden team..Now, he's gone and Samari Rolle is a 3rd CB. I miss the glory days.

P.P.S: I will stop using this as my bitching/impressions thread, and just be thankful that I have my sweet, sweet "wide" camera. First time in 3 years, I believe, that I can play CB. I felt so ordinary playing safety.

Birdman02

I know how you feel, Fifty. Cleo Lemon (my 2nd QB) is rated 47, and my 2nd MLB is like a 49 That said, I do have a couple of OLBs that would probably be rated higher than that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Birdman02 said:
I know how you feel, Fifty. Cleo Lemon (my 2nd QB) is rated 47, and my 2nd MLB is like a 49 That said, I do have a couple of OLBs that would probably be rated higher than that.

Cleo is going to the ravens. its fifty's problem now!

PS fifty ill trade you Kevin Curtis

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
My kicker is rated 59! Wtf! ..I guess they did say that they'd make the difference greater between good/bad players. But still!

I also like how my 4th WR is rated 39!!!!! His ratings are good, until you get to his AWR, which is 40. 40 AWR means that he probably wouldn't notice if his house was burning down! This is my punt returner: Figurs. I guess you only need a rating of 40 awareness to return punts, because complete retards excel at assessing and avoiding incoming tacklers!

P.S: I feel naked without Chris McAlister. Year after year I've had his insanely overrated self on my Madden team..Now, he's gone and Samari Rolle is a 3rd CB. I miss the glory days.

P.P.S: I will stop using this as my bitching/impressions thread, and just be thankful that I have my sweet, sweet "wide" camera. First time in 3 years, I believe, that I can play CB. I felt so ordinary playing safety.

Welcome home, Chifty

LukeSmith

So on a play that resulted in a touchdown, irrespective of the ball's position or state of possession, when the ball crosses the plane of the goal line on that play (albeit in the air or doinking off a player's head) the replay stops at that moment? :lol

gg mws. i almost made the comeback. fucking josh morgan cost me big on that 3rd down where i got the ball to him and i guess he bobbled it or dropped it or something and then your guy picked it. and yes before you say it i know frank gore is dirty, i can't help it! :lol

on a somewhat related note, i know that was just a head to head game and you can play however you like, but in league play i hope you're not going to run the wildcat in every goalline situation and moving your defenders around pre-snap is illegal (i.e. taking your lb's or whoever and manually moving them to bunch in the middle).

p.s. broncos have some fast players! knowshown moreno and eddie royal are dangerous.

OH, and a word to the wise for everyone, i honestly think there is some type of bug or logic when you are diving into the endzone near the pylon. in my single player franchise i've done this a couple times and fumbled both times. then MWS fumbled with eddie royal doing the same thing. not that i care if you guys fumble out of the endzone against me and i get the ball back at the 20!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
on a somewhat related note, i know that was just a head to head game and you can play however you like, but in league play i hope you're not going to run the wildcat in every goalline situation and moving your defenders around pre-snap is illegal (i.e. taking your lb's or whoever and manually moving them to bunch in the middle).

p.s. broncos have some fast players! knowshown moreno and eddie royal are dangerous.

midtownlactose.jpg

yeah ill play you rors, meet me online!

you challenge me. i want to play in that dump of a stadium the raiders call home. lets try 10 min quarters with 20 sec accel clock!

Striker

I'll play shortly. Preferrably somebody who has a mid-level team, not Giants or Steelers and I know for sure I'll get beat down. :(

We going for 10 mins with 20 sec runoff now?

Fifty

The Ravens' M&T Bank Stadium gets introduced as having some of the best amenities in the NFL. So, when you kick my ass this year, rest assured that your showers will have great water pressure, and the pre-game spread will be just delightful.

daw840

So I was thinking about the team I want for the league (since apparently I can't have my Chiefs). What about ATL? Tony G has gone to them so I have to root for them whenever they aren't playing the Chiefs. Do any other vets have dibs on them?

daw840 said:
So I was thinking about the team I want for the league (since apparently I can't have my Chiefs). What about ATL? Tony G has gone to them so I have to root for them whenever they aren't playing the Chiefs. Do any other vets have dibs on them?

dcx is the falcons. and i believe he's playing now!

p.s. gg rors. 6 picks makes me a sad panda :(

oh, crabtree >>>>>> dhb!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
off the top of my head.... uhhhh broncos, cardinals, packers... maybe the jets, maybe the vikings. i know im missing a couple teams

Hmm, Slo isn't playing? If so, I want the Vikings.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx is the falcons. and i believe he's playing now!

p.s. gg rors. 6 picks makes me a sad panda :(

oh, crabtree >>>>>> dhb!
GG what was up with PWilly tackling JRuss before the handoffs? o_O

Also :lol @ Nnmadi's one handed grab. Beast total. Can't record the play, though. :\

Top Bottom