• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

vumpler said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol Have you guys seen this shit yet? Or better yet seen any of this guys videos? They are incredible, but this series is one of the best:

The saga of Rick No Ankles:

:lol :lol Broken madden.

Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. It was much, much worse in previous years of Madden but it still exists.

AirBrian said:
That makes two of us!

Sorry I missed you last night...I got home late from work and fell asleep watching the game. I didn't even get to see the crazy 4th quarter! :mad:

What time today can you play? I won't get home from work until 6 PM (CDT).
And tomorrow I'm going to the State Fair right after work so that's out too. Well, I could play after I get home (somewhere around midnight my time)?

Oh, and why does everyone call you Pheeknicks anyway? I didn't know it was an insult -- I thought it was from Court Rivals or something...?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365227&page=428

Read the bottom of that page for the next 3 pages or so

:(

oh and I think if we play when you get home it *should* work, just post here or msg me on aim or something. and wtf I thought the state fair as in dallas in september :lol

LiveWire

The Colt Brennan era began in Week 15:

Colt Brennan Washington Redskins 1 GS 9/12 75.00% 151 yds 12.58 YPA 151 YPG 2 TDs 0 INTs QB Rating: 156.25

The rest of the league is on notice: The Colt is out of the stable.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Seriously, this is what I'm talking about. It was much, much worse in previous years of Madden but it still exists.
It's fucking create-a-player in practice mode. That dude sits there all day trying to get picked off with the sliders all the way up just to record it and EXPOSE THE GREAT EVILZ!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
It's fucking create-a-player in practice mode. That dude sits there all day trying to get picked off with the sliders all the way up just to record it and EXPOSE THE GREAT EVILZ!

How much is EA paying you, Rorschach? Enough to wash away the blood on your hands? Enough to drown out the screams of all those you've cheesed online?

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
How much is EA paying you, Rorschach? Enough to wash away the blood on your hands? Enough to drown out the screams of all those you've cheesed online?
I've been promised a boost in JRuss' potential rating.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
It's not just with pass defense:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/362230-ratings-easter-bunny.html

Yes I know and understand both and now with 100% certantity neither matter. You will get Easter Eggs with or without the Easter Bunny and Madden will play the same with or without ratings..

Case in point - So I edited my entire Cowboy OL to all be rated 12 in every category (lowest you can go) -- So basically the level of a ankle biter team. Took them to the practice field and played -- waiting to seem them dominated and fold like a cheap suit. But to my surprise little difference.. Held their own and then some..

Hmm.. Must be a fluke. Lets go play a game against the Giants -- One of the best DL's in the game.. Played exactly the same.. In fact Barber averaged 4.3 ypc! Come on I say.. Well definitely the franchise mode will reveal these little girls to be the phonies a 12 rating has to be..

Nope.. Played one game and similar results and then simmed the season.. Yes Dallas finished 9-7 and Barber averaged 4.4 ypc!

Please tell me the Easter Bunny matters.. Wake me up and tell me all this tweaking, drafting, and aligning my dominant team means something.

I remember for last year's game I was roasted for saying that in the hands of a good player Tavaris Jackson to Sidney Rice (or was it Berrian) would be as good as Peyton Manning to Reggie Wayne and that for a lot of positions the ratings in the game do not matter. For the most part that remains the same this season. Matching up against a good RT is the same as matching up against a bad one, it takes the same moves to get around them no matter what. My receivers are totally interchangeable (they are rated around the same so I guess it should be the case) and I do not miss Burress at all. If I could ever stop throwing picks my passing game would be awesome. Where the ratings really matter are for the guys that play in space, LBs and DBs. DTs with good ratings are very noticeable as well, much moreso than DEs.

Certain cats matter, block shedding, press/release, and the accuracy for short/med/long throws, but a lot of em are throw away.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
The Colt Brennan era began in Week 15:

Colt Brennan Washington Redskins 1 GS 9/12 75.00% 151 yds 12.58 YPA 151 YPG 2 TDs 0 INTs QB Rating: 156.25

The rest of the league is on notice: The Colt is out of the stable.

Lock up your daughters gentlemen. We don't want Colt raping anyone else!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
It's not just with pass defense:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/362230-ratings-easter-bunny.html

Certain cats matter, block shedding, press/release, and the accuracy for short/med/long throws, but a lot of em are throw away.
It's interesting, I read that OS thread too and came away with the impression that for certain positions the differences were marginal, but nevertheless present. It's kind of a dilemma with all sports games, or at least recent sports games. I know with FIFA it's sometimes difficult to tell teams and players apart, and an awful team can compete more closely with a great team than it should have any right to (although this is more acceptable in soccer, where blowouts are far less common). It's almost like the game needs more "programming" differentiating low level players from mid and high level players. Let's see more animations for mediocre players who don't know wtf they're doing!

I seriously think that the underlying fear is that having truly bad players will just lead to exploits and make the game uncompetitive in many situations, so everyone has this minimum level of competency that's actually rather high.

Rorschach

You heard, gentlemen! Speed is all that matters, so Astrolad... want to trade Fitz for DHB straight up? He's pretty slow and DHB is a burner.

[edit] Hrm... I should bench Nnamdi for Bowie. Better speed and more youth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
He only rapes NFL defenses now. Ask Corey Webster.
Why? I manually assigned Corey Webster to Santana Moss before your first offensive snap. Moss did not register a catch. In fact in both our games, he did not make a single catch.

The 51 yard pass you caught me mid audible and the guy never made it over to Kelly and he was wide open in man to man coverage. I kept the game on for an hour after we were done so that when you inevitably talked trash I could post a replay to show what happened. Next time I will keep it on for over 24 hours.

Congrats on your 151 yards of passing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
You heard, gentlemen! Speed is all that matters, so Astrolad... want to trade Fitz for DHB straight up? He's pretty slow and DHB is a burner.

[edit] Hrm... I should bench Nnamdi for Bowie. Better speed and more youth.
Nobody is saying that Rors. Speed matters less this year than it ever did.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Nobody is saying that Rors. Speed matters less this year than it ever did.
The guy in the vid and everyone in the OS thread was saying exactly that. Now, shut up so I can get my Fitz on.

Astro, let's do this!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AstroLad said:
I can't, but only because I love my Cardinals and Fitz is the G.O.A.T.

jerry-rice-1-sized.jpg

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Why? I manually assigned Corey Webster to Santana Moss before your first offensive snap. Moss did not register a catch. In fact in both our games, he did not make a single catch.

The 51 yard pass you caught me mid audible and the guy never made it over to Kelly and he was wide open in man to man coverage. I kept the game on for an hour after we were done so that when you inevitably talked trash I could post a replay to show what happened. Next time I will keep it on for over 24 hours.

Congrats on your 151 yards of passing.

Oh relax killer. You're still 9-5 and likely to make the playoffs. Just having a little fun since I have nothing else to celebrate re: the Redskins.

CB3

Maybe.

You going 100% at those brutes with the shotgun after the enemy deflects bullets skull already turned on ranks somewhere in my top 10 online moments of all time. Probably right behind stealing my first weapon from a corpse in Phantasy Star Online

Edit: I got two headshots with a sniper with one Bullet last night in Halo 3. Ive never felt more badass

DMczaf

I'm in for Firefight, now that MrBob is a punk ass con man and traded the game in before we completed co-op on Legendary after he got me to buy this game!

Punk.

Ass.

!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Maybe.

You going 100% at those brutes with the shotgun after the enemy deflects bullets skull already turned on ranks somewhere in my top 10 online moments of all time. Probably right behind stealing my first weapon from a corpse in Phantasy Star Online

Edit: I got two headshots with a sniper with one Bullet last night in Halo 3. Ive never felt more badass
Dude, it was my first time playing the game and I didn't have audio! You have to admit I'd have downed those bitches if the shotty wasn't nerfed.

CB3

DMczaf said:
I'm in for Firefight, now that MrBob is a punk ass con man and traded the game in before we completed co-op on Legendary after he got me to buy this game!

Punk.

Ass.

!

:lol Wow. Bob is just a huge dick all the time. Thats why his cubs will never win shit. Im convinced Bob is actually Bartman

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I guess all the games will be done tonight except we're not sure about Saints-Boys?

also wzup with the ne-buf game? i'm not even in the afc but seems weird to sim a game like that and i know lj doesn't like playing the cpu.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Dude, it was my first time playing the game and I didn't have audio! You have to admit I'd have downed those bitches if the shotty wasn't nerfed.

So it was nerfed! Son of a bitch, I thought so! I wondered why I couldn't drop Jackals or those flying things as easily.

Anyway, I'm down for some tonight as well...I guess we aren't advancing until tomorrow night?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
got a unrelated q: what is up with the run animations in this game? like when a dude is breaking a pr or kr the animation almost skips every few seconds like it's an animated gif or something. don't know if this is true for all players but i've noticed it on several different ones.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
So it was nerfed! Son of a bitch, I thought so! I wondered why I couldn't drop Jackals or those flying things as easily.

Anyway, I'm down for some tonight as well...I guess we aren't advancing until tomorrow night?

At the time Tilt was enabled. So the enemies were much more resilient to bullets - as in, use Covenant weapons against their shields and then bullets to pry the meat from their alien bones.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
At the time Tilt was enabled. So the enemies were much more resilient to bullets - as in, use Covenant weapons against their shields and then bullets to pry the meat from their alien bones.

I'd be happy to, if you'd let me dual-wield. :p

Striker

AstroLad said:
got a unrelated q: what is up with the run animations in this game? like when a dude is breaking a pr or kr the animation almost skips every few seconds like it's an animated gif or something. don't know if this is true for all players but i've noticed it on several different ones.
I think I know what you mean.

It sort of did that with my RB James Davis on his long, breakaway run; only after, of course, I was about five yards after breaking into the open field breezing to the endzone, we're flagged for clipping. FML

Mrbob

Wow AirBrian turning his back on me now. :lol

DMczaf said:

Punk.

Ass.

!

WTF, you are the fool who keeps on playing Uncharted instead of ODST! Telling me about your platinum trophy!

CB3

Mrbob said:

WTF, you are the fool who keeps on playing Uncharted instead of ODST! Telling me about your platinum trophy!

Nay, thats just a cover for what he is really playing

bourne_conspiracy_boxart.jpg

AirBrian

Mrbob said:

You've got Cutler and the two best TEs in the game! 7-6 isn't cutting it. I expect more from you!

Mrbob

But I have safeties in the high 60s low 70s and a corner in the same range too. Plus my highest receiver rating is 73and my oline is garbage. :lol

BTW I am 8-6 now taking out the Ravens. :D

I started out slow but turned up the heat. I'm the one team everyone will be afraid to play if I get into the playoffs as I've been knocking down above .500 teams on my latest push. 5-1 in my last 6 had a hiccup against green bay but I have no idea how to stop AT on defense! I lost to too many sub .500 teams in the beginning of the season. :(

CB3

Mrbob said:
But I have safeties in the high 60s low 70s and a corner in the same range too. Plus my highest receiver rating is 73and my oline is garbage. :lol

I started out slow but turned up the heat. I'm the one team everyone will be afraid to play if I get into the playoffs as I've been knocking down above .500 teams on my latest push. 5-1 in my last 6 had a hiccup against green bay but I have no idea how to stop AT on defense! I lost to too many sub .500 teams in the beginning of the season. :(

Sorry but im not afraid of you and on the very slight offchance i make it into the playoffs i hope i get to play you. I know a couple other people who would love to get you int he playoffs too. I dominated the shit out of you for 1.5 games. I won the first, and if not for hester i would have won the second

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:

0.jpg

Mrbob

BTW why do you guys just assume DM is right and I traded in ODST?! :lol I still have my copy!

CB3 said:
Sorry but im not afraid of you and on the very slight offchance i make it into the playoffs i hope i get to play you. I know a couple other people who would love to get you int he playoffs too. I dominated the shit out of you for 1.5 games. I won the first, and if not for hester i would have won the second

You didn't dominate a damn thing. First game was tied in the 3rd when it got disconnected. Rematch I just didn't take into account EA overrating Maclin's ability. I think he had more catches and receiving yards in our one madden game than he has the entire eagles season so far! Even with eas ability to overrated rookies I still took you out!

I even gave you a gift at the end of the game with the fumble and you had a chance to tie it up. Just like a true Eagle player against the Bears, you choked when the game was on the line!

Fifty

Notice how much Ramirez and I are talking trash before our big game this week. Yeah, not at all. Learning to win with class is a skill, and we both have it.

CB3

Mrbob said:
BTW why do you guys just assume DM is right and I traded in ODST?! :lol I still have my copy!

You didn't dominate a damn thing. First game was tied in the 3rd when it got disconnected. Rematch I just didn't take into account EA overrating Maclin's ability. I think he had more catches and receiving yards in our one madden game than he has the entire eagles season so far! Even with eas ability to overrated rookies I still took you out!

I even gave you a gift at the end of the game with the fumble and you had a chance to tie it up. Just like a true Eagle player against the Bears, you choked when the game was on the line!

Actually i was up a Td in the first game and i had just picked you off. Maclin had 10 catches for 200 yards and 2 TD's and Brandon had 100 and a TD. I remember the number very well so dont try that it was tied shit.

And Maclin is my leading reciever and has atleast 500 yards or so, so it wasnt just that game. And if you remember that first game you had a return with Hester. The only reason you won the second and the only reason you were even close in the first was because of that overrated shit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Notice how much Ramirez and I are talking trash before our big game this week. Yeah, not at all. Learning to win with class is a skill, and we both have it.
It's a video game and my rivalry with guys like Livewire goes back to Madden 05. I've been with you fucks way longer than some of my friends and any of my girlfriends, trash talk is okay bro.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
It's a video game and my rivalry with guys like Livewire goes back to Madden 05. I've been with you fucks way longer than some of my friends and any of my girlfriends, trash talk is okay bro.
Yeah exactly so suck it down when i make the playoffs and you dont!

DCX

Smokey

Mrbob said:

gtfo

Top Bottom