• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

I'll be on playing Brutal Legend so just hit me up when it's ready to go, Astro.

JETSONSCOLOR5.jpg

DCX said:
holy shit Cowboys scored! 31-28

DCX

yep and i drove all the way down to his like 15 and took a timeout with like 30 seconds left, had one left to kick the fg but instead i threw a int in the back of the endzone. dumb pass since none of my starting wrs were in... welp there goes my playoffs. gg nightz.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I can still play, but I don't mind anyone playing the CPU. Been playing too much Uncharted 2, so I haven't signed on. I'll sign on and play the last game or 2, after Birdman.

Birdman02

Lone, we can play sometime in the next couple of days if you wanna sign back in. I'd rather play a live opponent (especially since I don't really need an easy win against the CPU, since I'm out of the playoff race). I just thought you might have left for good, so I wanted to make sure.

DCX

DCX
:/ I won but lost. I can't stop the run for my life...gashed is an understatement. I fear for my life if a team just runs me to death. Stone hands still poisons my shitty secondary...ugh...i'm stumbling down the stretch...i don't have an identity...out score the opponent i guess :/ GG LJ...

DCX

Nightz

GGs to my two opponents today, Sable and LiveWire.

@Sable
Epic game man. That Saints offense is scary...you were able to score in bunches. That second half was a fumble fest. :lol I thought I was gonna lose that game when you were driving down the field on that last drive easily. I got fortunate with that interception in the endzone.

@LiveWire
The score wasn't indicative of how tough that game was. That was a defensive battle. Haynesworth is a beast. I think everytime I ran it up the middle to his side, it was a loss. Those crazy winds didn't help either. I couldn't get any offensive rhythm going and was lucky to get some points from turnovers.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Somnia, what day/time is good for you to play?

LJ11

DCX said:
:/ I won but lost. I can't stop the run for my life...gashed is an understatement. I fear for my life if a team just runs me to death. Stone hands still poisons my shitty secondary...ugh...i'm stumbling down the stretch...i don't have an identity...out score the opponent i guess :/ GG LJ...

DCX

There is nothing more frustrating than having a back run all over you. On the flip side, nothing's more enjoyable than pounding the rock. I was on the receiving end a couple of weeks ago so I know how it feels.

Gilbert dropped a couple of ints. Gutsy move going for it on 4th and goal from a couple of inches out when all you needed was a FG, but I may have done the same thing.

Rorschach

GG Striker. Real sorry about the long pauses, but real life drama came around. I actually wasn't ready on the first unpause.

2 picks I threw because of the fucking phone in my hand and 1 I threw because of lag... so much for JRuss. It wasn't even his fault this time! It was DHB!

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
There is nothing more frustrating than having a back run all over you. On the flip side, nothing's more enjoyable than pounding the rock. I was on the receiving end a couple of weeks ago so I know how it feels.

Gilbert dropped a couple of ints. Gutsy move going for it on 4th and goal from a couple of inches out when all you needed was a FG, but I may have done the same thing.
The way you moved the ball on me all game, with a whole min and a half left, a fg to win was in my future :( I knew i had to go for it, and to be honest im not sure if Ryan made it in or not lol I need to learn how to stop the run :(

DCX

Striker

One of Russell's pass went through Bey. I figured it combined Russell's accuracy with Bey's awareness. :\

I took the lead 14-13 with 2 mins left, but the oncoming KR was taken to the endzone. Basically was over for me since Quinn was off completely. :(

LJ11

DCX said:
The way you moved the ball on me all game, with a whole min and a half left, a fg to win was in my future :( I knew i had to go for it, and to be honest im not sure if Ryan made it in or not lol I need to learn how to stop the run :(

DCX

Hit me up on AIM or PM me some day this week and we'll work on it.

Rorschach

Does anyone know why the game puts in WRs as CBs for me instead of CBs? I have a bunch of backup DBs and before they get to play, the game puts in WRs.

LiveWire

Nightz said:
GGs to my two opponents today, Sable and LiveWire.

@LiveWire
The score wasn't indicative of how tough that game was. That was a defensive battle. Haynesworth is a beast. I think everytime I ran it up the middle to his side, it was a loss. Those crazy winds didn't help either. I couldn't get any offensive rhythm going and was lucky to get some points from turnovers.

Great game Nightz. You're a much better Cowboys owner. You play them just as well as Shawn in my opinion, but you don't resort to bullshit to win.

That wind was crazy, I completely forgot about it until after the 2nd pick. I was like, why....ooooooohhh.. :lol I figured by that point it's just chuck it and pray. What really killed me was not putting it in from the 2 yd line before the half and potentially taking a 14 point lead in the 3rd if I could've taken the momentum from the half and scored again on the first possession of the 2nd half. I thought Cooley would turn around and fall into the endzone but Brooking was beasting all day.

Very happy about my defense though, next year it should be ridiculous. If the season ended today, 7 Redskins players with 2 or more INTs (all starting LBs and DBs), 4 with 2 or more forced fumbles. 22 sacks, 24 total INTs, 16 forced fumbles (14 recovered), #2 pass defense.

All I need is some Tebow. :D

LJ11

One more thing DCX, when you brought the corner on a blitz and I hit Parrish with a quick pass, were you blitzing to get the QB or stop the run out of that formation?

Nightz

LiveWire said:
Great game Nightz. You're a much better Cowboys owner. You play them just as well as Shawn in my opinion, but you don't resort to bullshit to win.

That wind was crazy, I completely forgot about it until after the 2nd pick. I was like, why....ooooooohhh.. :lol I figured by that point it's just chuck it and pray. What really killed me was not putting it in from the 2 yd line before the half and potentially taking a 14 point lead in the 3rd if I could've taken the momentum from the half and scored again on the first possession of the 2nd half. I thought Cooley would turn around and fall into the endzone but Brooking was beasting all day.
Nah, no Shawn comparisons please. :lol I'm still getting used to the Cowboys playbook and I have a lot of room to improve my game. I'm inconsistent - there are times when I play well, but times when I completely stink it up, so I don't think I'm anywhere near his level.

And yeah, the end of the first half was big. If you had a few more seconds I'm sure you would have scored and things probably would have played out differently.

wow i almost learned a valuable lesson against dskillz. i had a 24-3 lead with 4 mins left and i'm moving the ball on the ground, just trying to run the clock out. ok, i get down to his 20 yard line, its 4th and 4. chip shot fg to go up 27-3? no, i figure ill just run my fb into the line and let dskillz have the ball, i dont want to run up the score.

welp, dskillz gets the ball back and goes 80-ish. 24-10 with about 2 mins left. he gets the ensuing onside kick, then proceeds to go 50 yards in about a minute. ok, now its 24-17.... here comes another onside kick. thank GOD arnaz battle recovers and i win the game. im kicking that FG from now on motherfuckers!

but as far as the game went, frank gores first 2 runs of the games were TD's. one from 70, one from 96.... i don't know, the lions run D was awful. i dont know what it was, but my guys just seemed to stonewall all of them and when i got in the open with gore it was 1 on 1 with a guaranteed break tackle.

anyhow, dskillz where was stafford?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Stafford has been out since week 8. That is about when my season went to shit because my best defensive lineman got hurt for the season the week after that. So I lose my best defensive and offensive player on back-to-back weeks. We are just playing for exercise out there.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
One more thing DCX, when you brought the corner on a blitz and I hit Parrish with a quick pass, were you blitzing to get the QB or stop the run out of that formation?
I think i was trying to stuff the run...guessed wrong. I played man when u burnt me on the long wrongs...just wasn't reading the situations right. I don't play you often so i didn't have a good sense of how to play you based on tendencies. I would love some type of instruction if i plan on even making the playoffs or making it anywhere when i get there.

DCX

haven't we been over this already?

you have a top 5 qb in the game. rors and i probably have the worst 2 starting QB's in the league (ratings wise.... maybe not as bad as the browns).

and despite you having an awesome offense and a great defense you'll still miss the playoffs. how sad

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also rors, crabtree is gaining on that overrated punk DHB. next year crabtree domination begins (90+ rating!)
You gotta check the sablescript stats, boyo. You'll never come close!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
haven't we been over this already?

you have a top 5 qb in the game. rors and i probably have the worst 2 starting QB's in the league (ratings wise.... maybe not as bad as the browns).

and despite you having an awesome offense and a great defense you'll still miss the playoffs. how sad
if you were in the NFC East you'd be 0-16. Im gonna end up 10-6 in a cut throat division. ill be ok with that for this season

CB3 said:
if you were in the NFC East you'd be 0-16. Im gonna end up 10-6 in a cut throat division. ill be ok with that for this season

i'm going to dominate next year with either nate davis or jack english! i hope mcribb gets put out for along time to expose you for the fraud you are!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Shots fired! Denver and Dallas, you know what you must do!

btw- you have a waaaay better team. You should be much better than that tsk tsk.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the same nate davis that i picked off 4 times? Or is this a new halfway decent nate davis

Top Bottom