• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3 said:
the same nate davis that i picked off 4 times? Or is this a new halfway decent nate davis

the nate davis that might be rated above a 64 after progression? oh wait, you have an auto-completion qb, you wouldn't know about that!

we're both ending the season the same way, except i have a better draft pick (2 better picks!)

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
haven't we been over this already?

you have a top 5 qb in the game. rors and i probably have the worst 2 starting QB's in the league (ratings wise.... maybe not as bad as the browns).

and despite you having an awesome offense and a great defense you'll still miss the playoffs. how sad
Hey! Quinn is a 71, thank you!

Per Sable's stats:

Quinn's stats on the season - 60.1%, 7.16 avg, 19 TDs, 16 INTs
Russell's stats on the season - 62.2%, 9.04 avg, 21 TDs, 18 INTs
McNabb's stats on the season - 65.3%, 9.49 avg, 18 TDs, 17 INTs
Hill's stats on the season - 74.1%, 7.71 avg, 7 TDs, 17 INTs

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Quinn on here, but he is capable. I hope he improves a bit for Season 2, however I need a run game somehow. Either use a 1-2 combo like LJ does with Lynch and Jackson, or try to grab one via trade, Free Agency, or the Draft. Once I get that, I will be pretty satisfied with the offense.

My trade with Smokey has been pretty even so far, as well. Despite he having a better QB, the numbers:

Braylon Edwards 55 rec., 831 rec. yards, 8 TD's (14 games)

Vincent Jackson 44 rec., 786 rec. yards, 8 TD's (15 games)
Jyles Tucker 22 tackles (7 TFL), 3 sacks, 2 PD, FF

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shit happens! Jerry Rice ended his career as a Denver Bronco. After he was a Raider. And a Seahawk.

Jerry got passed around like your girlfriends pussy but he is still one of the best

CB3 said:
Jerry got passed around like your girlfriends pussy but he is still the best

i fixed it for you.

don't tell me you're going to go all peter king and claim don fucking hutson is the greatest WR of all time :lol

jerry rice is the greatest receiver of all time and i am sad that he retired in 2000

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i fixed it for you.

don't tell me you're going to go all peter king and claim don fucking hutson is the greatest WR of all time :lol

jerry rice is the greatest receiver of all time and i am sad that he retired in 2000
Rice isn't even top 5. And everyone knows Tim Brown is GOAT. True story.

Striker said:
Hey! Quinn is a 71, thank you!

Per Sable's stats:

Quinn's stats on the season - 60.1%, 7.16 avg, 19 TDs, 16 INTs
Russell's stats on the season - 62.2%, 9.04 avg, 21 TDs, 18 INTs
McNabb's stats on the season - 65.3%, 9.49 avg, 18 TDs, 17 INTs
Hill's stats on the season - 74.1%, 7.71 avg, 7 TDs, 17 INTs
3 of those INTs don't count! :'(

how sad is it that sables script is so much better than what EA is providing?

not talking shit on sable, it's awesome, but 1 guy did this and EA as a company cant get something comparable? ridiculous!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
how sad is it that sables script is so much better than what EA is providing?

not talking shit on sable, it's awesome, but 1 guy did this and EA as a company cant get something comparable? ridiculous!
thanks so much to the fans! we are listening to ALL your constructive comments and there will be a patch at some unclear point in the future! [not even remotely addressing anything anyone wants]

AstroLad said:
thanks so much to the fans! we are listening to ALL your constructive comments and there will be a patch at some unclear point in the future! [not even remotely addressing anything anyone wants]

im going to be really mad if we both finish 8-8 my friend.... i would have finished with a better division record and tied on head to head. fuck u EA!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gotta take care of your business and not depend on ea doing anything right!

real nfl tiebreakers?

tiebreakers?

jim-mora.jpg

:lol

i'll get you next season broham...

also, rors or anyone, do you know if subsequent franchise seasons follow the NFL's scheduling format? (i.e. division rotations, playing each team who finished in the same position in other divisions, etc)?

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
im going to be really mad if we both finish 8-8 my friend.... i would have finished with a better division record and tied on head to head. fuck u EA!

Just wait until I finish 8-8 too!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

i'll get you next season broham...

also, rors or anyone, do you know if subsequent franchise seasons follow the NFL's scheduling format? (i.e. division rotations, playing each team who finished in the same position in other divisions, etc)?
Damn, I didn't get to check that and it doesn't keep a record of the previous season, so...

We do rotate divisions just like the NFL, though. I have the souf and the west next year just like the Raiderz.

Oh wait, I did take pics of the standings maybe I can find them.

[edit] NM...I think I deleted the pictures. :(

Smokey

AirBrian said:
GG, Smokey.

Good game.

That 90 yard Johnson run for your first play almost caused me to throw my controller. Then he almost did it again , but got hurt when you hurdled trying to anticipate my tackle! I never played you before so it took me a second to figure out how I should play you.

I dunno if you kept running zone or what, by I was determined to hit Edwards on his fly route. He was routinely open, but every time I launched it your guy would undercut him to knock it loose. Finally when I got another chance I fucking pressed the B button as hard as I could to throw a laser 60 yd pass which he finally scored on.

Both of our running games had some nice yardage too. Johnson had 150+ I believe, LT had around 115, and Sproles had 70. Was definitely an entertaining game.

I need to decide what to do for this last game. I think I have the #1 seed in AFC sewd up now, so the decision is to I play like normal for the last game to stay sharp...or rest all starters and play bench guys..

Rorschach

AFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

28339.png

Darren McFadden (Raiders) - 389 yards on 29 attempts, 4 TDs

AFC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

27992.png

Eric Weddle (Chargers) - 2 Ints, 1 TD

AFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

26641.png

Darren Sproles (Chargers) - 141 Kick Return yards, 69 PR yards, and a score

NFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

27899.png

Adrian Peterson (Vikings) - 246 yards on 22 attempts, 2 rushing TDs, 6 receptions for 86 yards and a TD

NFC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

793.png

Jason Taylor (Eagles) - FF, INT, Sack, 2 tackles, TD

NFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

28357.png

Donnie Avery (Rams) - 230 KR yards, 2 KR TDs

Smokey

Rorschach said:
AFC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

28339.png

Darren McFadden (Raiders) - 389 yards on 29 attempts, 4 TDs

wat

man, if it wasn't for McFadden's fucking crazy game, (maybe) the Chargers would've been 3/3 in the weekly awards! LT put up 214 yds, and 4 TDs in the week 15 game, but McFadden decided to destroy that performance:lol .

Rorschach

Smokey said:
wat

man, if it wasn't for McFadden's fucking crazy game, (maybe) the Chargers would've been 3/3 in the weekly awards! LT put up 214 yds, and 4 TDs in the week 15 game, but McFadden decided to destroy that performance:lol .
Actually, we try not to award the same team across the board and there was one player better than Sproles in special teams, but he was on the Raiders, so I went with Sproles. :p

CB3

Wow

If i get up on someone from here on out and their connection decides to drop, im continuing against the CPU. Sorry, ive lost two games that i pretty much already won the first time around and my opponent has some sort of problem. Im not letting people get two shots at me anymore

TheCrow

CB3 said:
Wow

If i get up on someone from here on out and their connection decides to drop, im continuing against the CPU. Sorry, ive lost two games that i pretty much already won the first time around and my opponent has some sort of problem. Im not letting people get two shots at me anymore

Hey, this sounds like something I would say. :p

CB3

Sorry, between this and the bob game where i had the clear upper hand in both, im finishing it against the CPU. Its too hard to get a win in this league and im not throwing them out the window anymore

TheCrow

CB3 said:
Sorry, between this and the bob game where i had the clear upper hand in both, im finishing it against the CPU. Its too hard to get a win in this league and im not throwing them out the window anymore

I know how you feel and you do have a point.

GG though. The game shifted after DeSean Jackson returned a kickoff for a TD. Before that all of my points were off of FGs. Mcnabb and Anderson combined for 0 TDs and 5 INTs. There should have been even more picks except your D just wouldn't catch.

CB3

When my guys drop multiple picks and i have a TD taken back on me and those duck INT's, not even Cena can overcome those odds

Fifty

WTF. McFadden topped the single game rushing yards record by 93 yards? 389 yards!!? That makes me sick. :lol :lol Rors, who were you playing? Did they agree to move their defenders away from you? Note that this happens shortly after the Raiders owner decides to do player of the week, thus bringing the attention to his 'dirty' stats!

TheCrow

Fifty said:
WTF. McFadden topped the single game rushing yards record by 93 yards? 389 yards!!? That makes me sick. :lol :lol Rors, who were you playing? Did they agree to move their defenders away from you?

I have no explanation for how my D played. There were no defenders in McFadden's way. They preferred to get blocked instead. :(

In the first two games, which got disconnected, I contained McFadden but the madden gods decided to make my D completely ineffective for the third match up.

EDIT: but I made up for it by beating CB :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
I have no explanation for how my D played. There were no defenders in McFadden's way. They preferred to get blocked instead. :(

In the first two games, which got disconnected, I contained McFadden but the madden gods decided to make my D completely ineffective for the third match up.

EDIT: but I made up for it by beating CB :D

2z65vh0.jpg

Rorschach said:
NFC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

28357.png

Donnie Avery (Rams) - 230 KR yards, 2 KR TDs

:D

He ran one back against the Cards last night too. Of course, he turned around and returned one himself.

FMT, you're not going 8-8, you've got to play me and I'm on a roll. I'm winning this division next season, bitches! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I need all three of these to happen for me to clinch a playoff spot:

I win 1 game.
Bob loses 1 game
DCX/DM loses 1 game.

-or-

I win 2 games and I am in.

--------------------------------------

DCX/DM losing one is guaranteed since they play each other in week 17.

Bob has been on a monster roll, so that will be tough.

I have to play against two of the best RBs in the league in the last two weeks. Winning will be impossible. I think the return of Moochball is in order.

I've played well this season in my opinion, what has absolutely killed me is my turnover differential. It is one of the worst in the league.

Cowboys have clinched playoffs and first round bye.

Amazingly, with Bob hanging touch, no one in the North has clinched a playoff spot, but Vikings and Packers can clinch with one win or a Bob loss.

South will come down to the last game of the season.

Astro clinches west with a win in week 17 or an FMT loss.

Somnia

Matrix said:
Somnia, what day/time is good for you to play?
I'm good tomorrow after 630pm cst. Saturday after 10pm cst. Friday would be best. I could tonight possibly but I'm in meetings all day so I don't have a set time available.

Wellington said:
South will come down to the last game of the season.

Kinda disappointed in how this season went for me. Lot of close games I thought I should have won and now I'm eliminated from the playoffs. Oh well maybe next year

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
Kinda disappointed in how this season went for me. Lot of close games I thought I should have won and now I'm eliminated from the playoffs. Oh well maybe next year
We don't get much respect here in the south, it's cause the elite east. Any given Sunday...blah, blah, blah...

DCX

DCX said:
We don't get much respect here in the south, it's cause the elite east. Any given Sunday...blah, blah, blah...

DCX

yep, all of my losses that I played were within a td (actually within 5 pts, aside from the debacle against the jets)

LiveWire said:
If DM wins the division it's thanks to Tiburon's home-cooking.

I didn't go back and read through all the comments, but what happened in the game vs the skins while I was gone? I was under the impression someone would be filling in for me and playing cpu skins, but i'm guessing from that score that wasn't the case? messed up of the cpu to run up the score on the skins

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I didn't go back and read through all the comments, but what happened in the game vs the skins while I was gone? I was under the impression someone would be filling in for me and playing cpu skins, but i'm guessing from that score that wasn't the case? messed up of the cpu to run up the score on the skins

I don't know if someone played the game or if it was the CPU, but it was all Campbell's fault either way. 4 INTs (2 TAINTs). Portis had over 6 ypc and McIntosh picked off Brees twice, but when you've got Campbell behind center, you're pretty much fucked.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i split all three series in the west, heh. it's like night and day with the cards usually depending on if warner wants to throw 3 tds or 3 picks.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
If DM wins the division it's thanks to Tiburon's home-cooking.
The fact he's on top of the division considering i outscored him, have a better division record and i own the head to head is crazy...oh well, i win it takes it out of EA's hands.

DCX

but bluemax even if you and astro finish 8-8 i still have a better division record than both of you and split my head to head with both of you :(

and storybook i can't let that happen. i'm going to take my real life frustrations with the niners out on YOU! crabtree rising!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
but bluemax even if you and astro finish 8-8 i still have a better division record than both of you and split my head to head with both of you :(

and storybook i can't let that happen. i'm going to take my real life frustrations with the niners out on YOU! crabtree rising!
look at the thanks you get for supporting ea all these years!

REPENT, SINNERRRR

nfl2k5.jpg

edit: also don't write off the cards vs. the pack--i'm 3-0 vs. the norris

Nightz

I remembered one thing from my game with Live last night that I thought was pretty funny. So Keith Brooking picks off a pass, starts running it back for a pick 6 and the game goes into Gears of War roadie run mode around the 20 yard line. Now I was under the impression that once the game does that, you're home free and no one will touch you. All of a sudden I see Live chasing me down with a receiver. I literally said "Oh crap!" and started yelling at Brooking to run faster. Slow as molasses. The receiver actually caught up and attempted a tackle, but fortunately Brooking was able to break it and scored the TD. I had a nice little laugh and sigh of relief after that. :lol

Top Bottom