• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

GCQuinton

Wellington said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jacobs out two weeks, I need his ass!!! Goddammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I guess I lose him through the first round of the playoffs. Motherfuck!

GG GCQ. You are much better than your record indicates... seems we both have the same problem... we throw too many ints. :lol

GG Wellie. After that third pick, I just said to hell with throwing and let DeAngelo run it :lol . He went down, then Jonathan Stewart did a great job of at least putting me back in contention.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GCQuinton said:
GG Wellie. After that third pick, I just said to hell with throwing and let DeAngelo run it :lol . He went down, then Jonathan Stewart did a great job of at least putting me back in contention.
You're lucky he went down, I was killing Williams. J-Stew kicked my ass though. Facing Adrian Peterson next week will not be fun at all.

bluemax

Banned
That may have been the single worst game of my Madden career. 6 INTs 3 returned for TDs and another one almost returned for a TD. I didn't have a single offensive drive cross midfield.

Then my defense gave up a 40+ yard run and a 90 yard HB screen.

Just an abysmal game all around.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Decently epic game against Bird. Had my opportunities to win it, and crucial blunders gave away a W.

I know it got up to a 24-10 lead for Bird in the 3rd, and a quick strike TD rght afterwards that 24-10 made it 24-17. He got a field goal afterwards, and made it 27-17. I believe I got a another quick strike TD, to make it 27-24. I got a stop, and then another quick TD I believe (by this time we're in the 4th, winding down). So it's now 31-27 me.

After a play or 2, he throws a interception on his side of the field (man, a pick 6 would have been great...) I run the ball 3 times, taking away all his TO's, then kick a FG, making it 34-27. There's a little over a minute left. I call the regular kick return...but decide to call a TO and choose squib kick. I do so, and squib it right to a running back upman (BLUNDER#1). He gains an extra 20-30 yards, and is close to FG range already. Almost get a stop, but fail, and he hurryup offenses down into the redzone, and makes a game tying TD with about 20 seconds left. He kick's off, I get a return to the 25 with about 13 seconds. 1 play to the sideline for 15 yards, and it sets up this play with 3 seconds left... BLUNDER #2

Hard to tell on the video, but he was past the DB's, and the ball is just barely out of Moss's range. BLAH!

Goes into OT. I win the coin toss, and make my way to his 40, where my offense stalls. It was like 4th and 2, and I went for it and didn't make it. BLUNDER #3

Bird eventually gets into FG range and that's it.

Had these 2 plays earlier.

This was ruled a fumble, and I didn't challenge it (think he scored a TD or FG off this). I should have, because I think his knee hits first. No way to tell now.

This was just a mad scramble, that might not be totally apparent, but I had to rush to the left, evade a DE, somehow avoided going past the line of scrimmage, run back towards my OLine, flick a bullet over a LB to Joey Galloway, and have him scamper for a long TD.

BigAT

bluemax said:
That may have been the single worst game of my Madden career. 6 INTs 3 returned for TDs and another one almost returned for a TD. I didn't have a single offensive drive cross midfield.

Then my defense gave up a 40+ yard run and a 90 yard HB screen.

Just an abysmal game all around.

Yeah, that was a pretty rough game, right from the beginning basically.

Apparently the win clinches me a playoff birth, at least according to Wellington's projections. So hooray for that.

Week 17 should be an interesting game, Packers vs. Cardinals with playoff implications potentially for both teams as I could be fighting for a bye week.

BigAT

AstroLad said:
I've gotta be a +14 in that matchup. But that's OK, I've won straight up getting +14 before!

I'd take the points.

I was hoping your division would be settled by now so that this one wouldn't matter for you and maybe you would take Matt Leinart out of the hot tub and give him some game action, but I guess I was expecting too much out of the NFC West.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
We go all 17 weeks in the NFC West baby!
bhcg0i.jpg

Birdman02

Great games, Lonestar and Smokey.

Lonestar, I have no idea how you were able to get some of those passes to Moss. I had him double-teamed and spotlighted for most of the 4th qtr and OT, but he still wound up in 1-on-1 coverage a lot of times. I was shocked that he didn't bring down the pass in the endzone in OT...I think he had it, but my safety was able to knock it free before he came down with it. Also, I think you definitely should've challenged that fumble...I thought for sure he was down, and I was surprised you didn't throw out the red flag.

Smokey, I'm not sure how I won that game. You pretty much dominated the time of possession and methodically worked your way down the field a few times. I caught you in a couple of blitzes that led to my first 2 TDs, and Garrard came up big for me in the 4th qtr again (which is one reason I'm hesitant to bench him). I almost decided to kick the PAT to tie, but I had momentum on my side and I didn't want to go to OT again so I called timeout to go for 2 and the win. Thankfully, it worked out for me.

I wish I would've saved some highlights from those games, but I always back out too fast. My favorite play of the night came against Lone, when I pulled off a successful step-back move for the 1st time in my Madden life.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Smokey, I'm not sure how I won that game. You pretty much dominated the time of possession and methodically worked your way down the field a few times. I caught you in a couple of blitzes that led to my first 2 TDs, and Garrard came up big for me in the 4th qtr again (which is one reason I'm hesitant to bench him). I almost decided to kick the PAT to tie, but I had momentum on my side and I didn't want to go to OT again so I called timeout to go for 2 and the win. Thankfully, it worked out for me.

The pick in the endzone is what killed me. I was too greedy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am so depressed about having lost Jacobs for the game against Daw and the first week of the playoffs. I can't run for shit with Bradshaw. I am likely going to be one and done now if I even get in.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I am so depressed about having lost Jacobs for the game against Daw and the first week of the playoffs. I can't run for shit with Bradshaw. I am likely going to be one and done now if I even get in.
Thats a big blow, but maybe you can turn Bradshaw into Tiki and use him in the same way. Hey, follow the model of a 4-6 yards swing pass out of the backfield is just as good as a 5 yard run. You might have to ride the arm of Eli.

DCX

AstroLad said:
that is me on the left (of course) fmt on the right and then i will let story and blue pick between the blondes

I can't see the picture at work so I don't know whether to find this humorous or insulting. It looks the Cards will win the division though since the 9ers are going down in week 17.

FMT, going down means losing, not performing oral on Alex Smith, just clarifying.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Thats a big blow, but maybe you can turn Bradshaw into Tiki and use him in the same way. Hey, follow the model of a 4-6 yards swing pass out of the backfield is just as good as a 5 yard run. You might have to ride the arm of Eli.

DCX
I would but I don't want to be accused of being a cheeseball. This would be a moot issue if the Giants could block outside. It's amazing how I get walled off by retard pulling guards but my 90+ rated guards run right by oncoming defenders. GCQ killed me with some tosses yesterday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
storybook77 said:
I can't see the picture at work so I don't know whether to find this humorous or insulting. It looks the Cards will win the division though since the 9ers are going down in week 17.

FMT, going down means losing, not performing oral on Alex Smith, just clarifying.
Exactly. From everything I have seen out of FMT he is basically assuming a win against the Rams. Which is nuts imo. Look at the last few weeks. Rams are a damn good team no matter what FMT has been saying here, over IM, etc.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So BigAT, I know Friday advances are as rare as JBust completions (IRL, of course), but I can play late tonight on the off chance. Otherwise going to be bouncing around tomorrow but I'm sure we can coordinate a time.

BigAT

Yeah, I really don't see much of a chance of advancing tonight. I'll be at the Pitt/Rutgers game anyway, probably getting pneumonia. I will be available to play pretty much all of tomorrow though.

Ramirez

GG Fifty, thought I was going to blow it several times in that game, Parker kept getting me clutch first downs though.

So the North division will come down to the final game of the season, if we both win I guess you'll win it since R is before S. :lol

Fifty

GG. Yeah, that was the hardest I've fought for a W ever. I never believed I was out of it, so I was able to put up enough points to hopefully win any tiebreakers.

At this point I'll just be happy to get the 2nd wildcard. Our H2H record is 1-1; so if we both win next week, I'll declare the AFC North a draw this season, and we'll continue our battle next 'year'

storybook77 said:

damn :(

and i'm not assuming a win over the rams (we went to OT last time for gods sake!)

Mrbob

Holy smokes....looking at how some games have broken down, if I win my last two I should be the playoffs. Giants and Vikings play the last week, so one of them would have to go to 10-6 and I would hold both tiebreakers then!

But I gotta beat the Vikings first, then the Lions (who destroyed my D the first time we played) or none of this matters!

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
Yeah, that was a pretty rough game, right from the beginning basically.

Apparently the win clinches me a playoff birth, at least according to Wellington's projections. So hooray for that.

Week 17 should be an interesting game, Packers vs. Cardinals with playoff implications potentially for both teams as I could be fighting for a bye week.

I probably should've stopped throwing after those crazy ass over throws where I had a guy wide open for a huge gain and Hasslebeck went all JBust on me. That game just felt like the computer never wanted me to win which is annoying.

Not to take away from your excellent defense either.

Playoff Teams:

AFC -

1. Chargers
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Colts
5. Raiders
6. Steelers

NFC -

1. Cowboys
2. Vikings
3. Buccaneers
4. Cardinals
5. Packers
6. Giants

Those are the playoff standings as I see them right now. But who knows with EA's tie breaker system!

p.s. looks like the steelers/ravens could be on a crash course for round 3, no matter who wins the division!

Mrbob

It is kind of crazy of the Vikings can go from having a bye to possibly not making the playoffs. That is how tight it is in the NFC.

Too bad we can't spectate games. I would love to watch Ravens/Steelers part 3!

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Too bad we can't spectate games. I would love to watch Ravens/Steelers part 3!
That'll be in the list for Madden 2020. Even then it'll be incomplete.

I should probably sit my starters for week 17. I've had some not-so-good-looking injuries the past couple of weeks and I would rather play it safe before the playoffs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bears will likely be in. I am done without Jacobs, I have to try and learn a whole new rushing style before I play Daw.... unless he beats Bob. :D

My D is going to have to be out of this fucking world otherwise, and with AP on the otherside of the ball I am a little nervous.

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Bears will likely be in. I am done without Jacobs, I have to try and learn a whole new rushing style before I play Daw.... unless he beats Bob. :D

My D is going to have to be out of this fucking world otherwise, and with AP on the otherside of the ball I am a little nervous.

Never fall for this!

eeyore1.jpg

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Playoff Teams:

AFC -

1. Chargers
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Colts
5. Raiders
6. Steelers