• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yep, if he's ok with it just play the cpu

Ok

Well if he looks in this thread.........

I'll be up around noon EST
I can start a game up to 2pm
Have to leave for work around 3pm est
Won't be home until 1-2:30AM Sunday

Mrbob

Damn....had an epic game going against daw and the his 360 locked up. :(

It had a lot of intrigue. He had AP break a 5 man gang tackle to run 60 yards for a TD. I evaded 4 guys on a rush and threw it 25 yards downfield on 3rd and 11 for a first down on a td drive. I got an int in the 2nd quarter when i was up 10 to 7 but the fucking refs in madden love favre and called me for roughing the passer on the play, automatic first down for him. He scored then with a minute left to go up 14 to 10.

On the next kickoff I got to my 35 aided by a 15 yard facemask to get to midfield. Avoided another sack and hit forte down the sideline on a rollout for like 40 yards...got down to the 2 with 1st and goal with 15 seconds in the half and the 360 went kaput. Forte had over 100 yards rushing and like 60 yards receiving in the first half, bye bye madden stat boosts. :(

It was an epic first half, but we have to play again now. :( Won't be able to play now till later tonight, and this game isn't getting simmed!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So you're buying a new 360 today? Props, I did that for a FIFA league game once.

I guess we're advancing 9 PST looks like. AT I can play late, if not then tomorrow.

Mrbob

Naw Daws 360 isn't dead. Game locked up on him. :(

CB3 said:
sounds like you got Mr. Bob'ed

So bitter still. :lol You got smoked in our disconnected game and got smoked in the game that counted!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Naw Daws 360 isn't dead. Game locked up on him. :(

So bitter still. :lol You got smoked in our disconnected game and got smoked in the game that counted!

Keep you in the dark
you know they all, pretend

jonsson I'm just going to drop this week cause I know you asked me to play the other night and I couldn't cause I was Madden-ed out like I told you

its not like I'd have a chance anyways. no fucking ronnie brown :(

Smokey

ph33nix said:
jonsson I'm just going to drop this week cause I know you asked me to play the other night and I couldn't cause I was Madden-ed out like I told you

its not like I'd have a chance anyways. no fucking ronnie brown :(

boo fucking hoo

man up and play your game

BigAT

AstroLad said:
So you're buying a new 360 today? Props, I did that for a FIFA league game once.

I guess we're advancing 9 PST looks like. AT I can play late, if not then tomorrow.

I might be able to play tonight, I'm having some people over for the Yankees game so it will probably be a last minute decision on my part if I can or not. If not tonight, I should be available most of tomorrow aside for during the Giants game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I might be able to play tonight, I'm having some people over for the Yankees game so it will probably be a last minute decision on my part if I can or not. If not tonight, I should be available most of tomorrow aside for during the Giants game.
New+York+Giants+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+ui_HiEx95P3l.jpg

guys what does everyone think about allowing manual blitzing with the LB's?

i ask because im looking at the sack totals this year..... and they are extremely low. 2 players with double digit sacks in the entire league?

i seem to get pressure on the qb from time to time, but it seems like im always 2 steps away. the game is slow enough to allow a human user to react in time to not take a sack often or they are just throwing it up (the reason for a lot of picks).

i dont want the league to turn into a cheese fest but i feel like allowing manual LB blitzes would help the sack #'s. what do you guys think?

TheCrow

I was going to post that I didn't think it would be a good idea but then I noticed that I have never even tried to blitz with LBs. So I have no idea how it changes the game. :lol

EDIT: If only we had sliders :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys what does everyone think about allowing manual blitzing with the LB's?

i ask because im looking at the sack totals this year..... and they are extremely low. 2 players with double digit sacks in the entire league?

i seem to get pressure on the qb from time to time, but it seems like im always 2 steps away. the game is slow enough to allow a human user to react in time to not take a sack often or they are just throwing it up (the reason for a lot of picks).

i dont want the league to turn into a cheese fest but i feel like allowing manual LB blitzes would help the sack #'s. what do you guys think?
No way.

What is going to end up happening is that you will see LBs lined up way outside of the box and flying in for easy unblockable sacks. The RB's are not the smartest in this game and if you hold them back to block a lot of times what ends up happening is that they step up into the pocket whether there are blitzers or not. What will happen with LBs that have 85 or greater speed, of which there are a few?

The main problem with this game as far as sacks, and Rors will kill me, is that OL stats don't matter for the most part. Whether I am facing a pro-bowl RT or a scrub RT does not matter. They each hold me up the same, I use the same moves to get past them and there is no battle with the better RTs as Tuck.

I know I lead the league in sacks, but I worked and focused on getting pressure on the QB over the course of a few weeks before and during the early part of the season. It's an unfortunate part of the way the game came out but changing our rule would be a problem.

Rorschach

Allow manual LB blitz and I guarantee you Howard will get 50 sacks. NO MERCY.

Anyway, I'm against it. Guards are dumb enough without someone that is unaccounted for by the AI slicing through manually.

Your funeral, though!

Wellington said:
The main problem with this game as far as sacks, and Rors will kill me, is that OL stats don't matter for the most part. Whether I am facing a pro-bowl RT or a scrub RT does not matter. They each hold me up the same, I use the same moves to get past them and there is no battle with the better RTs as Tuck.
Well, no offense, but I guess you suck because I get in easily with Trevor Scott against shit RTs. Good RTs are the only ones that can stuff me and great RTs throw me to the ground. It was even easier with Will Smith. With Smith, it was like there was no one on the other side. I can only imagine what Mathis and Freeney bring to the table.

The real problems are A) gaping holes in coverage and B) the ability to throw the ball as you're being sacked this year. It's ridiculous. No QB would be able to (or chose to) throw it while falling backwards with a guy on top of him. And it's not intentional grounding when the ball falls behind the line of scrimmage for some reason.

LiveWire

I don't see a problem with the sack #s in our league. It appears that very few of the best DT/DEs have actually played all 16-games. Lots of 12s, 13s and 14s. On top of that, how many people play DT/DE on defense for the entire game? At least a few of the players play exclusively LBs/DBs. Plus, hurries/hits aren't tracked (are they?) Perhaps those numbers are higher to make up for the lower sack #s.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
B) the ability to throw the ball as you're being sacked this year. It's ridiculous. No QB would be able to (or chose to) throw it while falling backwards with a guy on top of him. And it's not intentional grounding when the ball falls behind the line of scrimmage for some reason.

McNabb gets away with that shit all the time. It's infuriating.

And as for intentional grounding, I have seen it. AstroLad got called for it when Warner threw one away in our scrimmage.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:

And as for intentional grounding, I have seen it. AstroLad got called for it when Warner threw one away in our scrimmage.
They call it if you're in the pocket and use the throwaway button, but that's it.

Also, people are deathly afraid of blitzing. Everyone just plays it safe. And lastly, people would rather throw a pick than take a sack apparently...except for FREEMAN!

[edit] There are 14 teams with as much or more team ints than the INTs leader of the real NFL last year. :lol :lol

LiveWire said:

but there is a difference between throwing a pass away while you're in the pocket out of bounds, and being sacked, trying to throw the ball and it goes nowhere NEAR someone. it's not necessarily a "throw away", but you should have been sacked and made a desperation attempt to get rid of it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Well, no offense, but I guess you suck because I get in easily with Trevor Scott against shit RTs. Good RTs are the only ones that can stuff me and great RTs throw me to the ground. It was even easier with Will Smith. With Smith, it was like there was no one on the other side. I can only imagine what Mathis and Freeney bring to the table.

Uh what? Maybe you should re-read the end of what you quoted. I don't have a problem getting around guys, the problem is that it's exactly the same getting around the best guys and getting around the worst guys.

I'd have more than the 7 sacks I do have with Tuck, but I have chosen to drop him into coverage on a lot of passing downs as part of a scheme.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Also, people are deathly afraid of blitzing. Everyone just plays it safe. And lastly, people would rather throw a pick than take a sack apparently...except for FREEMAN!

I blitz a good deal. I agree on the throwing a pick rather than taking a sack though. :lol My defense is good enough that they may get me the ball back on the next play! It's like a free first down if I throw a pick! :lol
fuck I wish I had a good QB

Game anyone?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Uh what? Maybe you should re-read the end of what you quoted. I don't have a problem getting around guys, the problem is that it's exactly the same getting around the best guys and getting around the worst guys.

I'd have more than the 7 sacks I do have with Tuck, but I have chosen to drop him into coverage on a lot of passing downs as part of a scheme.
Well, there you go. Then I guess it really isn't much of a problem. You just choose to play him in coverage.

And it's not the same for every RT. If it's a good RT, I won't do the outside spin because I'll get spun to the ground or loop too far. Maybe the problem is that your DEs are too good and you can just pwn the RTs with any moves you want.

PS: Speaking of OLs. Trade proposal for the off-season: Snee/O'Hara for Wade/Carlisle and a first and a second. Think about it before the draft!

BigAT

Count me amongst those that are against manually blitzing LBs. I think being able to manually move a LB wherever and then blitz him would get ridiculous real quick.

I think I'm second in the league in sacks right now, and as I see it the problem is that not enough people are committed to the blitz. Many people don't have a problem just sitting back in a soft cover 2/3 on nearly every play, rushing nothing more than their d-line and hoping for the best. Just bringing your front four every play is not going to be effective enough for most teams.

i told you homeboys, league advances no later than 9pm pst (unless bob/daw are literally in the middle of their game, i would let them finish)

storybook when do you want to prevent me from going .500? :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bigat i just got done with a bunch of stuff so i can play at 9 pst at the advance or after if you're available tonight

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Well, there you go. Then I guess it really isn't much of a problem. You just choose to play him in coverage.

And it's not the same for every RT. If it's a good RT, I won't do the outside spin because I'll get spun to the ground or loop too far. Maybe the problem is that your DEs are too good and you can just pwn the RTs with any moves you want.

PS: Speaking of OLs. Trade proposal for the off-season: Snee/O'Hara for Wade/Carlisle and a first and a second. Think about it before the draft!

This trade is a no brainer. :D

i dont know if pass blocking makes a difference, but i have had much better run success since i got mike wahle in the free agency draft (baas was my prior lg at a 77, wahle is an 85 i believe)

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
This trade is a no brainer. :D
Truth. I only get a small increment in a position where the stats don't really matter and he gets 2 great picks in a draft where only the first 2 rounds matter and two adequate replacements. I'm actually offering way too much, but I don't really care about the draft this year.

TheCrow

I think the difference is more due to the plays you or your opponent calls and how good your opponent and their teams are. I feel that it doesn't matter which player is at the line. The player will either make the block or not depending on what is scripted.

To Rors: This draft class is pretty disappointing. After the first round there is very little talent to be found.
Tim Tribow is mine.

i dont care about too much with my draft class except getting a qb and maybe some help on the D-line. then i can just fill in some other positions based on what im releasing in free agency.

LJ11

If EA left the game speed to normal, I bet we would see some more sacks.

Also, there's this absolutely retarded animation where an incoming DL or LB with a clear shot at the QB decides to raise his hands (guess he wants to bat down the ball), which slows down his pursuit. Doesn't happen all the time, but happens often enough where I notice.

TheCrow

Removing some of those lame duck passes and just having them be sacks would make both the INTs and sacks a bit more realistic.

Rorschach

I don't know if it's right, but his tag says he's been on non-stop for over 4 hrs (left it on while he was gone?). Of course it locked up again. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
I don't know if it's right, but his tag says he's been on non-stop for over 4 hrs (left it on while he was gone?). Of course it locked up again. :p
Reminds me of my brother who leaves his 360 on for days at a time and inevitably goes "dude, my fucking 360 broke again!"

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i told you homeboys, league advances no later than 9pm pst (unless bob/daw are literally in the middle of their game, i would let them finish)

storybook when do you want to prevent me from going .500? :(

I'll be available Monday for most of the day until 7:30pm EST and then after 10:30pm EST. I'll be gone pretty much all day tomorrow since I'll be in the ATL.

Fifty

Looks like a good one between BannedDaw and Mr. Bob..24-24 in the 4th! I'm rooting for Bob. I don't want my loss to him to have meant nothing.

Top Bottom