• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

LiveWire said:
Fixed that for you FMT.

hines-ward-crying.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Somnia said:
Awesome. Sorry about the shitty availability. Getting everything ready for the Holiday season about to start!

No problem.

So what time today/tonight do you want to shoot for?

Fifty

Rors, it's nice going into our game that we're both making the playoffs. Maybe I'll start Brian Griese, just for fun! I think that all AFC spots are decided now. Sure, seeding could be up for grabs, but since EA's system has the potential to seriously fuck people over, I'm glad that no one will be robbed of a spot in the AFC. I mean, maybe someone will be seeded #4 that should be #3, but that person can't bitch too much.

Now the NFC, that could get messy.

even if i finish tied with astro and lose out it's my own fault. i lost to the packers in OT, lost to the CPU (fuck you vacation!), lost winnable games against the titans and falcons....

but jack english will bring me out of the darkness next season! you'll see.... you'll also see! new tripletts! english, gore, crabtree!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
even if i finish tied with astro and lose out it's my own fault. i lost to the packers in OT, lost to the CPU (fuck you vacation!), lost winnable games against the titans and falcons....

but jack english will bring me out of the darkness next season! you'll see.... you'll also see! new tripletts! english, gore, crabtree!
fuuuuuuuuuu I get no respect round these parts...if i win it's a fluke if i lose it's expected :/

BTW mr fluke loss, i'm 2-0 against you this year and that's a mighty nice avatar you're sporting...yea i went there!

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
fuuuuuuuuuu I get no respect round these parts...if i win it's a fluke if i lose it's expected :/

BTW mr fluke loss, i'm 2-0 against you this year and that's a mighty nice avatar you're sporting...yea i went there!

DCX

I'm looked at the same way :lol Hell Bob thinks I'm easier to play than the cpu.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
I'm looked at the same way :lol Hell Bob thinks I'm easier to play than the cpu.
Ok, fuck my life...i'm compared to Matrix now?!?!?!?!?!? :lol :lol :lol I'm joking buddy...but yea...i'll have the last laugh when i win my first GAF Championship!

DCX

DCX said:

DCX

:lol

all i said is that it was a "winnable" game, meaning that the outcome was still to be decided late in the 4th quarter. i didn't go in saying it would be an easy game, only that i COULD have won it late and didnt!

Matrix

DCX said:
Ok, fuck my life...i'm compared to Matrix now?!?!?!?!?!? :lol :lol :lol I'm joking buddy...but yea...i'll have the last laugh when i win my first GAF Championship!

DCX

Sad thing is I have never played with a great team before, Ive always wondered how I would compete against people if I did. Years of playing with the Texans has done a number on my psyche.

Somnia, I'll be back around 9:30 est to see if you can play.

PS.... DONT LAUGH BOB, CHIEFS ARE 2-0 UNDER ME AND NEXT SEASON I WILL SHOCK YOU ALL.

PPS..... YOU SUCK AT SHOW :D

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Sad thing is I have never played with a great team before, Ive always wondered how I would compete against people if I did. Years of playing with the Texans has done a number on my psyche.

PS.... DONT LAUGH BOB, CHIEFS ARE 2-0 UNDER ME AND NEXT SEASON I WILL SHOCK YOU ALL.

Before Ryan i had Redman, Joey Harrington and Leftwhich!!!! Nah, i understand.

DCX

DCX said:
Before Ryan i had Redman, Joey Harrington and Leftwhich!!!! Nah, i understand.

DCX

you had probably the most dominant player in maddens history for about 3 years.... unfortunately i think truelize had the falcons at that time :lol

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you had probably the most dominant player in maddens history for about 3 years.... unfortunately i think truelize had the falcons at that time :lol
I had the pleasure of using him one year. The year i went 12-4 and missed the fucking playoffs...the year you had bounty on my head because i was with you step by step, then the last game of the season i lost to you 21-17 and i had the ball on the goal line and did a fucking sweep to Dunn...yea...

DCX

DCX said:
I had the pleasure of using him one year. The year i went 12-4 and missed the fucking playoffs...the year you had bounty on my head because i was with you step by step, then the last game of the season i lost to you 21-17 and i had the ball on the goal line and did a fucking sweep to Dunn...yea...

DCX

mmmmm. those times are coming again my friend, those times are coming again!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Rors, it's nice going into our game that we're both making the playoffs. Maybe I'll start Brian Griese, just for fun! I think that all AFC spots are decided now. Sure, seeding could be up for grabs, but since EA's system has the potential to seriously fuck people over, I'm glad that no one will be robbed of a spot in the AFC. I mean, maybe someone will be seeded #4 that should be #3, but that person can't bitch too much.

Now the NFC, that could get messy.
I'm going to put up at least 50 on you. I still remember what you said!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey all weekend I am planning to be home because I am broke as a joke from moving, so I'd be in for any and all games anyone wants to play. (Dinner plans tonight though my friends!)

Somnia

Matrix said:

Oops didnt see this before I replied to your other post. I got invited to a movie tonight at 950 cst which is 2 hours long. So I wont be home till 1220ish AM cst. Is that going to be to late for you to play? Like I said I'll be on AIM so shoot me a message when you get back and we can talk about it before I head out and find a time.

Matrix

Somnia said:
Can you do 8pm CST? or 815pm CST? I'll be on AIM (somnia1982) if you want to shoot me an IM on there.

I can do 8:15 cst.

I'll see you on then.

edit- I can 12:20 cst time, I'm always up late.

i can't wait till kurt warner retires at the end of our season. then you're left with brian st. pierre to lead you astro!

meanwhile, jack english will be making his case for the hall of fame and the next 49ers qb great. sorry broham :(

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can't wait till kurt warner retires at the end of our season. then you're left with brian st. pierre to lead you astro!

meanwhile, jack english will be making his case for the hall of fame and the next 49ers qb great. sorry broham :(
Did u get my PM?

DCX

Somnia

Matrix said:
I can do 8:15 cst.

I'll see you on then.

edit- I can 12:20 cst time, I'm always up late.

Alright lets aim for 12:20am CST. If there is traffic (lots of construction on my highways) it might be 1230ish but I'll jump online as soon as I get home. This way I can grab a bite to eat and get some shit done around the house before I leave. See you tonight man so you can get your revenge for that close game earlier this year!

yes i did dcx, sorry i was going to post year end award stuff after the superbowl....

but anyhow, dcx has so generously offered the dark knight on blu ray (or $200,000 cash) as prize for whoever wins the sportsmanship award (which will perhaps be the only user voted award!)

Rorschach

Fifty

Did you just call the EA Sports Gamer Girl Kammi "horrible"? Oh shit son, it's on for week 17. Until you made that critical mistake, I wasn't motivated for our game..but now, it's gonna get ugly. I'm winning this one for EA Sports Gamer Girl Kammi!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Did you just call the EA Sports Gamer Girl Kammi "horrible"? Oh shit son, it's on for week 17. Until you made that critical mistake, I wasn't motivated for our game..but now, it's gonna get ugly. I'm winning this one for EA Sports Gamer Girl Kammi!
I'm not letting you score a single point. FOR MITCHELL!

I love how they keep shoehorning in Donny Moore into everything and calling him a "Czar" or "guru" every time. Like it's gonna catch on or something.

or you could say "I'm going to beat you like (list any team in the NFL besides maybe the chiefs and the bucs when a playoff spot is on the line) beat the raiders!"

DMczaf

Some prelim Title Update 2 details are up

http://insideblog.easports.com/pages/madden-nfl-10-2nd-title-update-preliminary-details.aspx

In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address.

Along with tuning the pursuit angles for flat zone defenders, we have also improved the pursuit all defenders take - especially during a catch animation. This will help them get in better position to make a tackle on the receiver after the catch has been made. Another feature we have gotten a ton of feedback on is "Throwing out of Sacks". We scaled back the height of which the ball is released when throwing out of a sack. By randomizing the trajectory of the ball to be lower, it helps cut down the number of interceptions thrown when trying to throw out of a sack. We have also added better arm tracking to determine if it should be an inaccurate or uncontrolled throw. For example, the further you are in your passing animation when you get hit, the more likely you will get an inaccurate pass versus an uncontrolled pass. Inaccurate passes are just like they sound and will more than likely be passes the go lower and right into the ground towards the receiver you are passing towards. However, uncontrolled passes are more likely to go higher in the air and have a better chance of being intercepted. The final part of our Throw out of Sack tuning focuses on the CPU QB. We have heard several people mention how difficult it is to sack the CPU QB, so we increased the chance of the CPU QB to hold the ball longer and actually take a sack instead of being able to get a throw out of sack pass off before he is brought to the ground.

We have also addressed some issues involving receivers in the passing game. The first one involved fixing some instances where a receiver would be ruled inbounds even if he only got one foot down on a catch. Another issue we resolved is a rare problem where under certain circumstances the ball would actually pass through a player when he dropped the pass.

In this update we have also fixed some annoying exploit issues. The first one we made is adding an initial move to the RB on the HB direct snap plays so he can’t immediately take off after receiving the snap. We also forced a QB drop initial move to force him to set up for a pass on Shotgun play action plays when you canceled the play action by hot routing the running back. This will keep the QB from being able to take off running right after getting the snap. Another change is not allowing the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff. We also resolved the exploit of being able to motion a receiver after flipping the play which caused the defender to go the other way. This allowed the receiver to be wide open against man coverage. You will now have to wait until the receiver is set before you can motion him. And finally, we fixed the bug where the QB could drift through the center when you repeatedly hot routed with certain quarterbacks.

This update will also have a fix for the clock running at incorrect times after an incomplete pass went out of bounds. The clock will not stop correctly as it does on any other incomplete pass.

We’ve also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Presentation, Online, Replays, and Scriptable Cut Scenes. I'll fill in the rest of the details in these areas as soon as they are finalized.

Matrix

GG Somnia, your blitz packages gave me hardly any time to pass. Thank god for my run game.

3-0 with the Chiefs....suck on that Bob!

I don't think Pheeniks and I can get our game in by tomorrow night........I think he mentioned dropping out so I could play the CPU

Should I go ahead and see if I can get the go ahead from him?

Top Bottom