• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

Whelp there is the game.

I tried to slide with Cutler while I was driving down at the 30 and I guess I was behind the line....so instead of sliding he threw the ball and it was picked off. Went right to the linebacker no receiver there. What a crappy way to end the year!

I guess it is Caleb Hanie time next week!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
YES! Bob losses!!! PLAYOFFS!!!

Rorschach said:
Well, there you go. Then I guess it really isn't much of a problem. You just choose to play him in coverage.

And it's not the same for every RT. If it's a good RT, I won't do the outside spin because I'll get spun to the ground or loop too far. Maybe the problem is that your DEs are too good and you can just pwn the RTs with any moves you want.

PS: Speaking of OLs. Trade proposal for the off-season: Snee/O'Hara for Wade/Carlisle and a first and a second. Think about it before the draft!
Pro-Bowler Chris Snee in action!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11762763

Misses the block on the first Charger, luckily Bradshaw breaks the tackle. O'Hara would have picked up the block Snee eventually made and Bradshaw would have been off to the races. I have not had many luck executing any plays in which my guards have to pull, and Snee is at 97 with Seubert at 87.

BigAT

Astro, Yankees are headed into the 12th and who knows how many more so I don't think I'm going to be able to play tonight. I wake up early, so I can play whenever before the 1 PM EST game tomorrow morning if you'll be up at all, or after it if that doesn't work for you.

Wellington said:

How about you celebrate your playoff birth with a victory over the Vikings this week?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gotcha well i'll be up for a couple more hours in case you can make it just post. no big deal if not. 11 am est?

Fifty

Epic game, Rors.

My MVP, Yamon Figurs had a PR and a KR TD! I wish you could save entire replays. As it stands, saving returns is useless since it only shows the end part.

I would be yelling in this space had that game been a must win. I was down by 4..I needed a TD. It was the final drive of the game, under 2 minutes left. I hadn't been able to pass on Rors' D all game, but all of a sudden I was. blah blah blah. I passed to Kevin Curtis. He Fumbled..JUST in bounds. Game over.

When something is too good to be true, it probably is. The kevin curtis trade had been amazing for me, but my reliance on him backfired in a major way, and he cost me the game. Once again, if that loss had knocked me out of the playoffs, I'd be going insane right now. Luckily, all it did was give me a slightly improved draft pick.

Rorschach

GG Fifty! See you in the playoffs!

Wellington said:

Pro-Bowler Chris Snee in action!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11762763

Misses the block on the first Charger, luckily Bradshaw breaks the tackle. O'Hara would have picked up the block Snee eventually made and Bradshaw would have been off to the races. I have not had many luck executing any plays in which my guards have to pull, and Snee is at 97 with Seubert at 87.
So is that a yes?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
TheCrow, what times are good for you to play?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit patrick willis raped mrbob. 13 tackles, 4 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 int, 1 TD. i need to go back to using the 3-4 next season :lol
Best player in the game. He's in G-Mode. Hate that bastard.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
TheCrow said:
I am ready to get destroyed by Larry Johnson. :lol

Anything can happen, he could get hurt!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit patrick willis raped mrbob. 13 tackles, 4 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 int, 1 TD. i need to go back to using the 3-4 next season :lol

You forgot to mention that I started Caleb Hanie that game and was still tearing apart your D passing....when the ball would go where I wanted it too! :lol I only lost by 3!

Btw how did you like this dirty wildcat play I ran on you!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11776212

I was laughing my ass off after you got burned on that play!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he's all i got on D! and gore is all i have on offense..... well, gore, crabtree, and jack english soon!
But that's all you need. It's insane because he covers the whole fucking field. Today, Ray Lewis warped to tackle McFadden from the LOS to 10 yards out. And I still thought "well, at least it's not PWilly!"

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
3-4 I like. If you have great ILBs, you can wreak havoc.

D'Qwell Jackson isn't Willis, but he's good at his own rate.

Birdman,

When is your availability? I work tomorrow until 10.

lol i forgot that RB's could throw out of the wildcat so i just came in on you.

also, haine was absolute bullshit. you had a lot of passing yards but i would say half your completions came on long throws AS YOU WERE GETTING HIT that were still on the money.

lol then you try to bring in jpout to save the day and you get nothing! you threw haine under the bus!

p.s. playing with haine is like what i do every game. hill is fucking awful at deep throws. i had you beat so many times and he overthrows it everytime. i literally CANNOT complete a pass that travels further than 25 yards in the air unless it were to be a blown coverage and only my guy is there. even if i have a few yards on the defender hill will overthrow it (how does this make sense he has a fucking noodle arm)

Mrbob

At least you can go 25...anything further than 7 with Hanie and its an adventure.

Hanie is rated 45.

Fourty Five! :lol

Time to draft a qb! Tibrow come to me!

I don't know if its worth it to play Dline. I was actually getting good pressure in the game playing the line, but the qb can just continuously back pedal and make accurate throws off his back foot. It is a bit annoying!

Somnia

Denogg I'm pretty sure we play this final week. I'm not going to be able to play at all on Sunday due to working in St. Louis for a 15+ hour store transfer (moving the top store in St. Louis to a bigger store....gonna be a great time! ugh). I am free all day Monday except 11pm-1am CST and anytime on Tuesday. Just let me know what works for you.

Mrbob said:
At least you can go 25...anything further than 7 with Hanie and its an adventure.

Hanie is rated 45.

Fourty Five! :lol

Time to draft a qb! Tibrow come to me!

I don't know if its worth it to play Dline. I was actually getting good pressure in the game playing the line, but the qb can just continuously back pedal and make accurate throws off his back foot. It is a bit annoying!

bwah? you were causing bad passes all day playing D-line. i only completed about half of my passes in that game!

and you're lucky it wasn't a league game, or i would have just run on you all day. frank the tank with a 10 ypc average!

Mrbob

True, but it could have been better.

I noticed some plays where hill was throwing off his back foot to a spot, and the wr goes into jetpack mode and grabs the ball away from the defensive player. It's too easy to do...ea needs to fix this.

Matrix

Ummmm wtf playing Crow and the game just freezes :\ Never had this happen against anyone else this year. The game was having lag though.

I can't even pull up the guide button...fuck.

TheCrow

Matrix said:
Ummmm wtf playing Crow and the game just freezes :\ Never had this happen against anyone else this year. The game was having lag though.

I can't even pull up the guide button...fuck.

The game froze but not my xbox. :( I liked that big run by moreno.

Edit: I could still play against the cpu. Looks like the same thing that happene with Daw and mrbob,

Matrix

*sigh* Had to get out of bed to turn off the xbox :lol :(

Crow, want to try again?

Matrix

TheCrow said:
The game froze but not my xbox. :( I liked that big run by moreno.

I hated that run :( and you got lucky that your 360 didn't freeze.

Im going to have to pass more, Ive never seen so many run blitzes in my life :lol

TheCrow

Matrix said:
I hated that run :( and you got lucky that your 360 didn't freeze.

Im going to have to pass more, Ive never seen so many run blitzes in my life :lol

I will not be beat by larry johnson. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
$5 that the players in the draft will be sucky. There won't be a Tebow, because there isn't a JESUS Rating for players.

Mrbob said:
True, but it could have been better.

I noticed some plays where hill was throwing off his back foot to a spot, and the wr goes into jetpack mode and grabs the ball away from the defensive player. It's too easy to do...ea needs to fix this.

that happened on one play (the jet pack with isaac bruce), not multiple times!

Striker

TheCrow said:
Oh, just noticed that when everytime you punted or kicked a FG it said you were doing the opposite.
It has done that for me before. In fact, it's shown a player playing four wide when he's actually running out of an I-form, or it shows me he's running two WR's and he actually has 3 WR's and two RBs out of Shotgun.

EA <3

Somnia

TheCrow said:
Oh, just noticed that when everytime you punted or kicked a FG it said you were doing the opposite.

Ya I saw that too :lol I was playing a friendly non-ranked match with a buddy of mine and he set his kicker to QB and every play said FG so I had no idea what he was lining up with.

Matrix

This blitzing is absurd.

Top Bottom